Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

So Kim is going to have Maxie and Nelle as patients. I sense baby switch.

I cannot wait for Maxie to give her medical history. First, she miscarried a pillow when she faked being pregnant with Lucky's child. Then she was a surrogate, miscarried, and then secretly got pregnant by her ex-boyfriend all in one week it seemed. Not to mention that she had a heart transplant as a child and that make effect any pregnancy that she may have.

Is Julian looking to visit Leo or claim custody? If it is the latter, shouldn't he first find a place to live.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Is Julian looking to visit Leo or claim custody? If it is the latter, shouldn't he first find a place to live.

Also, way to think of ripple effects like this when you went wading in to fix Julian's mess, Alexis.

Is that Britt at the end with the wine?  I'm going to be very sad if she's only in scenes with Sonny and Jason.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

Also, way to think of ripple effects like this when you went wading in to fix Julian's mess, Alexis.

Loe shouldn't exist in the first place, so Olivia deserves every ounce of grief Julian gives her.

• Love 12
On ‎12‎/‎2‎/‎2017 at 1:56 AM, Fellaway said:

Or like when Lulu declared Charlotte had to be her daughter because she had blonde hair.

That was a "stupid hall of fame" moment.  Kind of like Hallmark Hall of Fame, without the good stories.

• Love 4

Meanwhile, Sam learns the truth and later confides in Monica about her feelings regarding Jason and Drew.

Elizabeth worries about Jake when he begins acting out.

I complain about the show a lot but I have to give them props for how they are handling the emotional fall-out of the Twin Saga.

Well the fall-out for the back-burner characters like Monica, Liz and faux-Jason.  Even Carly got a brief moment of wondering how Drew is doing, not that she actually went to see him to ask.  For Sonny and Jason, no nuance or surprises.

• Love 6

I love that the spoilers for next week include "Carly is furious" and (from the other site) "Carly is in a rage." Then, a spoiler for the following week is "Carly hatches a plan." So, essentially, these will be like any two weeks since 1996.  

• Love 11
On 12/9/2017 at 10:17 PM, dubbel zout said:

I don't see Carly doing anything but haranguing Sam about staying with Drew/denying Jason his son and crowing that her bestie is back. In other words, it's going to be all about how this affects Carly.

She had a brief moment with Sonny wondering how Drew feels that they practically abandoned him when Jason came back, but then the illness passed.

• Love 2
On ‎12‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, dubbel zout said:

I don't see Carly doing anything but haranguing Sam about staying with Drew/denying Jason his son and crowing that her bestie is back. In other words, it's going to be all about how this affects Carly.

I'm waiting for this week and her finding out Oscar is Drew's son and stomping over there and telling him "you've got your own son now, give Jason back his!!"  

• Love 4
On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:30 PM, Asp Burger said:

I love that the spoilers for next week include "Carly is furious" and (from the other site) "Carly is in a rage." Then, a spoiler for the following week is "Carly hatches a plan." So, essentially, these will be like any two weeks since 1996.  

I nominate this for post of the year on any board about any show. It's funny, and yet....it shows how Carly has not only NOT grown a bit in twenty years and counting, she's actually DE-volved. As has everyone in her circle. They are all painful to watch.

• Love 1

I'm confused, BTW,  as to why anyone would EAT mistletoe. Has someone been trolling  Wikipedia  the internet and just wants to show off that they know that mistletoe berries are poisonous ?  No, really. What's the point of that comment? It's just....they are trying for SOMETHING. It hurt someone's brain to think of that one.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

I'm confused, BTW,  as to why anyone would EAT mistletoe. Has someone been trolling  Wikipedia  the internet and just wants to show off that they know that mistletoe berries are poisonous ?  No, really. What's the point of that comment? It's just....they are trying for SOMETHING. It hurt someone's brain to think of that one.

What jsbt said. One of my favorite lines between Batman and Catwoman actually so I hate that they used it.  Would be a cool line for a soap if it was a good soap.

"Mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it." "but a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it".  

doesn't even make sense with the clips they used unless there is a femme fatale in there I'm missing.

• Love 1
On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, MissL said:

What jsbt said. One of my favorite lines between Batman and Catwoman actually so I hate that they used it.  Would be a cool line for a soap if it was a good soap.

"Mistletoe can be deadly if you eat it." "but a kiss can be even deadlier if you mean it".  

doesn't even make sense with the clips they used unless there is a femme fatale in there I'm missing.

I didn't watch the clip, but I think they are saying Tamara Braun's character ?

On ‎12‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:45 PM, jsbt said:

It's from Batman Returns.

See, I watched that movie-but unless you have watched it and you remember the line, it makes no sense.  Cultural references are only cool if the mass audience gets them. But then this is GH, which cannot remember character relationships and history worth a warm bucket of spit.(another cultural reference that no one will get, so I guess everyone does it).

4 hours ago, IWantCandy71 said:

See, I watched that movie-but unless you have watched it and you remember the line, it makes no sense.  Cultural references are only cool if the mass audience gets them.

Which audience am I

Later, Sonny and “Drew 6” (Editor’s Note: Publicity has conflicting information regarding this spoiler. I’ve edited a direct quote from source material) talk through potential scenarios regarding the traitor.

Huh? Is "Drew 6" Drew? What's the point of someone adding a number? 

Carly has a plan…maybe she should count to 10.

LOL. When Carly has a plan, she should always count to at least 500.

Post-holiday preview:

Lulu remains determined to expose the corruption of the 2014 election, and later is excited about her future.

Ugh, all because she's basically a bored housewife. They'd never write a male character like this.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it's supposed to mean "Drew and Patient 6 (aka Jason)".  Maybe the spoiler was sent out before the on-screen confirmation that SBu is Jason.

Griffin has an apology to make. By week’s end, Griffin accepts an uncomfortable situation. The things one does for love…

Molly opens her home (Alexis’ house, Julian gave it to her).

Sounds like Griffin accepts Ava wants Julian in her life.

Doesn't Molly live with TJ somewhere else?  How can Julian give her Alexis' home?

2 hours ago, OnceSane said:
2 hours ago, dubbel zout said:

I think it's supposed to mean "Drew and Patient 6 (aka Jason)".  Maybe the spoiler was sent out before the on-screen confirmation that SBu is Jason.

Oh, that makes sense. The mashup is confusing and totally unnecessary.

30 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Doesn't Molly live with TJ somewhere else?  How can Julian give her Alexis' home?

The "her" in the spoiler is Alexis, not Molly. It's a dumb play on the Q refrain with Monica and Alan.

17 hours ago, jsbt said:

Which audience am I

I don't know ?  LOL

I'm just saying that a cultural reference most people don't understand or remember,, is wasted.  A lot of the audience watching GH now wasn't even born when that movie came out and I would wager a guess most haven't seen it. I saw it years ago but didn't remember the quote.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Is a lot of the audience seriously younger than 25? That would shock me.

Based on the way they behave on social media, I'd say yes.  But even if you add a decade to that number, it still means that movie and the reference are so old in terms of pop culture, most aren't going to "get" it. And that was my whole point. Why use it ? It's not even clever. It's stupid. More importantly, it makes the wimmins looks like the baddies trying to get one over on the poor mens. I'm sick to DEATH of that trope. Especially on this show. I've heard multiple women called multiple names on this show-some deservedly sometimes-point being though, is that the men are almost always written as being betrayed! *throws barware*

I mean seriously. Like any self respecting woman would, IRL, want most of these men. And like the men are just so stinking hot and wonderful, some evil woman has to trick them to be with them. Lawdy and they wonder why people tune out.

Well, pop-culture references are what they are. People get them or they don't. If you're going to do them, you just do them for your own amusement and that of the people who will get them, and you try not to make them something others stumble hard over. I did not get the Batman Returns one above before it was explained here. I saw that movie when it was new, disliked it, never wanted to see it again, and all I remember is who starred in it and which characters they played, and also that it had a Christmas theme. And came out in summer, like, "A-plus timing for something you had in production for years, Warner Brothers!" 

Now, the in-joke about The Shining in Thursday's opening scene, when Finn was on the phone? I got that instantly. I've seen the movie, I've seen the miniseries, I've read the book a couple of times. When he said he was so desperate for a room that he was even willing to take that particular room number, and yes, he has heard all the stories but (it is implied) he'd rather take his chances with that than stay with Anna, I thought, "Yeah, I see what you're doing there, show." It wasn't the height of wit or anything, but I got it. Someone who doesn't know from The Shining, or just has some vague awareness of a book by Stephen King and a movie with Jack Nicholson saying "Here's Johnny!" would just think, "Oh, cool, there's a haunted room at Carly's hotel. I wonder if that will ever be a story." (Unlikely, unless the corpse of SWSNBN is going to rise up out of the bathtub.) 

• Love 2

I’m a recent viewer after many years away. I don’t understand why the writers would make references that young people wouldn’t recognize or relate to if they’re trying to attract younger viewers. I don’t think that’s going to happen, by the way, because times have changed and women are in the workplace now more than ever. What young people are interested in watching soaps that their mothers and grandmothers watched?  As an aside, why is everything on this show so dark? Lighting, houses, apartments, clothing? So depressing. Does anyone ever laugh or have fun or play with the kids? Wow- this show is a real downer.