Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Speculation: Clink Boom and Cheese Fondue

• Start Topic

(edited)

The return everyone's been waiting for! #eyeroll

http://www.soapopera...a-budig-back-gh

You guys all know Frankie and Ronnie, no "big soap name" is ever going to be a short term deal unless her name is Genie Francis.  They were probably waiting for Geary's salary to free up.  I have little doubt all i's were dotted and t's were crossed before HayDumb was comatized.  

Edited by LegalParrot81

Justus would be way older than his 30s if he weren't dead (he's dead, right?). It could be a son or something. 

Who knows at this point?  One of the weirder things that happened in the 2000s was when Justus was de-SORASED by like a decade, then started working for Sonny for no apparent reason, then got killed.

Of course, he's dead, and you know how Ron likes to bring back dead people to kill them again (or if you're Robin, you probably just wish you had actually died). 

Who knows at this point?  One of the weirder things that happened in the 2000s was when Justus was de-SORASED by like a decade, then started working for Sonny for no apparent reason, then got killed.

What? Was he really? I wasn't really watching then. Pre DVR, post VCR so I couldn't record anything while I was at work. 

(edited)

Ok, I might be exaggerating, but I could've sworn the re-cast Justus Ward in the 2000s was way too young for the role.  I think Justus should have been late 30s or early 40 in the mid-2000s (based on his age and the actor playing him the 90s -- who was gorgeous, by the way), and the re-cast looked 30 at most.   

And yeah, he got killed by one of Sonny's enemies, I think.   

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 1

And yeah, he got killed by one of Sonny's enemies, I think.

Justus was killed by Manny Ruiz.

Original Justus was played by Joseph C. Phillips, who went on to a season or two of the Cosby Show as Denise's husband.

The last Justus, M'fundo Morrison was 12 years younger than Phillips.

• Love 1
(edited)

That's right, he was Mr. Denise Cosby!

Maybe the writers will surprise us, and this new character will just be an attractive doctor who isn't: (a) a back from the dead old character or related to one, (b) one of Dr. Obrecht's bastard children or otherwise tangentially related to Nina, © working for some segment of the gigantic, meandering, purposeless Legion of Doom, or (d) mob-affiliated.

Ha ha, I know, I'm so naive. 

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 5

ETA: shut up Dillon!! How in the world would he know telling Dante would be a "10" on the disaster scale? He has spent about 5 minutes, tops, around Dante. 

I love how they just assume Dante will want to get the authorities involved. Has Lulu forgotten how Dante lied under oath for Sonny? I think Dante can restrain himself when it comes to finding Lucky.

Also, is there only one bed in Lulu and Dillon's hotel room? I don't really mind them sharing a room, but sharing a bed is too much, too soon.

Hmm.  One room, one bed - Dillon  going on and on about how devastatingly bad it would be if Dante knew the truth.  Do I sense some manipulatiion to keep Lulu all to himself??

Re Dante keeping secrets - especially to protect Lucky:   Isn't he the one who got into a boatload of trouble with Lulu for hiding information about Lucky's drug use relapse ... and who covered for Lucky at work ... and who conspired with Elizabeth to smuggle a paper bag with drugs to help Lucky out of the hospital???? 

Yeah, sure, Dante is now a 10 on the disaster scale re being a threat to Lucky.  Bull pucky.

• Love 4
(edited)

Nothing about Dante being too dangerous to tell - but Dillon being allowed in on the big secret - makes any kind of sense whatsoever.  Dante should divorce Lulu just to be rid of her and her entire asinine family and their gross enemies ... and really, just the whole mess.   

I could kind of see him wanting to stray just out of disgust over Lulu's obsession with propping her useless father at all costs ... even though the guy nearly killed a bunch of people.  I get that we're supposed to believe Luke in Fluke! form was just nuttier than a bag of squirrels and couldn't help himself, but I sure wouldn't want him as a father in law anymore.

Edited by SlovakPrincess
  • Love 3

spoiler for Friday

Port Charles celebrates the Fourth of July; Luke and Laura are surprised when an enemy from their past shows up intent on revenge; Maxis asks Dante where Lulu is, then runs to Nathan for comfort when she finds out that Denise is staying with him.

uuuuh, what? I can't tell who she's staying with, but Denise staying with either Nathan or Dante is bizarre. Unless it's a mistake and they mean Valerie.

IIRC, Justus was killed by Manny and found in the trunk of a car--I remember Edward getting to yell at Sonny and/or Jason. Stan was killed b Jerry off-screen in Florida.

spoiler for Friday

Port Charles celebrates the Fourth of July; Luke and Laura are surprised when an enemy from their past shows up intent on revenge; Maxis asks Dante where Lulu is, then runs to Nathan for comfort when she finds out that Denise is staying with him.

uuuuh, what? I can't tell who she's staying with, but Denise staying with either Nathan or Dante is bizarre. Unless it's a mistake and they mean Valerie.

I think it's a mistake and they meant Valerie. There is no reason for Dante to allow Denise to move in.

• Love 2

The last Justus was deSORASed and made to be around Jason's age.

I thought Stan was the one killed and put into a trunk by Jerry Jax.

Stan was killed in an off screen car accident while on the phone with his mama Epiphany (after he was recast and being played by Kiko Ellsworth who played Jamal, Allison's ex on GH/PC

(edited)

Patri...I mean...Dante is a piece of crap if he moves Valerie in.

hee. I don't think it's going to be like that though, I think she'll just be there and Maxie will come to her own conclusions, because a spoiler for Thursday is "Valerie checks in on Dante" and Friday is when Maxie shows up. So at most she stays overnight to "help" him through the night.

Poor Valerie is gonna get the brunt of all the cliche mother-in-law from hell anger Olivia has never expressed all these years.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

I just hope they cast a good actor for Paul Hornsby. And please, no triangle with Laura and Tracy over this man. I can't imagine why Tracy would want him , or he her, to be fair. So let Laura or anyone else have him.

(edited)

If memory serves, without looking it up, I'm fairly sure he was on DOOL years ago as Phillip, Kim Brady's one time fiance or husband?

I don't remember enough about him to know what kind of actor he is, I never saw him on anything else that I can recall.

ETA he's ruggedly handsome, though, but looks nothing like the original Paul.

Edited by IWantCandy71
(edited)

scuttlebutt is this man

http://www.imdb.com/...mmi_mi_all_sf_5

Ooh, I really hope they cast Richard Burgi! The man was in two of my favorite one season guilty pleasures: Harper's Island and Point Pleasant.

Seriously, I have always enjoyed his work. He can play both sincere and smarmy very well, perfect for a conman. I think he would be a great addition to the show.

As a bonus, he would be playing a character with a legitimate connection to the Quartermaines. 

ETA: Yes, IWantCandy71 - he played Phillip Collier on DOOL.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 1

See, I've never seen those two shows, either, LOL.

It's been eons ago he was on Days then, but from memory he was a good enough actor.

I'm conflicted. On the one hand, we already have enough people wasted. On the other, at least Paul, unlike most of newbies introduced in the last few years, has ties to the canvas without it being convoluted. He and Mac have a long history, he's Tracy's ex, Dillon's dad, used to work at ELQ, and is married(or maybe won't be anymore?) to Jenny, another Spencer cousin. Should also have at least one kid by her, too, which will tie him to the Spencers with or without Jenny.

Yeah, but at this point, part of the fun of watching GH is to see what they can get the most wrong. Or right, for that matter. Although at the moment, I'm a little stumped as to what they're doing right. Other than getting Tracy more involved at ELQ, I can't think of much.

(edited)

Harper's Island is available on Netflix streaming until July 1st. It's only 13 episodes but what a 13 they are.

Basically a murder mystery on a island it stars Christopher Gorham, Elaine Cassidy, Katie Cassidy, Matt Barr and even Harry Hamlin makes an appearance. It's a lot of cheesy fun with crazy deaths and over the top acting - I highly recommend it.

I'm thinking that this may be the start of a love triangle between Laura/Paul/Tracy but it seems ridiculous that Tracy would allow herself to be taken by Paul so soon after everything that has happened with Luke.

Then again, this is RC's GH and ridiculous seems to be his favorite kind of storyline.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 1

IIRC, Justus was killed by Manny and found in the trunk of a car--I remember Edward getting to yell at Sonny and/or Jason. Stan was killed b Jerry off-screen in Florida.

I think it's a mistake and they meant Valerie. There is no reason for Dante to allow Denise to move in.

The spoiler writers are just like me -- they can't remember the names of the new characters either!

• Love 1
(edited)

Richard Burgi is an incredible actor (and a hot daddy) and, at present, too good for daytime. He is absolutely a very, very solid choice for Genie Francis. I am amazed he is doing daytime - he's been in a lot of film and prestige TV in the last decade.

That being said, Paul Hornsby is a dud character and making him Paul as opposed to someone new and unique would be a bad mistake. It would also fulfill Ron's usual direction of putting all over-45 vets in juvenile high school triangles to mark time.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 5

Picked up a copy of the latest SOD with the cover story "Big Gh Twists", here's a summary of the spoilers:

*Biggest spoiler (it's right on the cover, a big headline):  Michael gives the baby back to Sonny.  (Fuck you very much, Ron).  This is what he considers a "slight thaw".  Sonny is grateful, blah blah blah, but his reconciliation with Michael is still "a pipe dream".  However, he and Carly will never give up trying.  For those that wanting to reward this abject fuckery with ratings, the big handover is supposed to happen on Monday, so you might want to have something better to do that day... like de-grouting your nails.

*Franco pretends to be sexing up Denise to make Nina jealous.  Denise/Ava enthusiastically goes along with this because reasons.

*Luke and Laura catch Holly breaking into their hotel room.  It looks like she may be the one behind all this at first, but it turns out that Ethan as well as Lucky has been kidnapped.  Lulu being involved in the search puts a strain on her marriage.  The Spencer gang executes a "risky plan" to sneak into the boss villains lair and rescue Luke's sons.  After the baddie is unmasked, there will be more twists in store, something that will have a "lasting impact" on the show.

*Jake feels partially responsible for Michael and the Qs losing ELQ, so he resolves to help them win back the company.  He enlists the help of Sam to do so.  By going after Nik he may also uncover his own identity.  The work arrangement between Jake and Sam will impact Jake and Liz's relationship, and maybe Patrick and Sam's as well.

Also got a copy of the most recent ABC Soaps in Depth, here's a summary of the spoilers from there:

*The exit story for Luke will ultimately be a love story.  "And the love story we are telling here is that of Tracy and Luke".

*There are some unresolved things between Luke, Laura, and Holly, regarding Ethan.  Holly and Laura will have "things to say to one another".

*Lulu and Dante's story will be a parallel to Luke and  Tracy's, with Lulu in the Luke role of going off on an adventure with an ex and Dante in the Tracy role of being left behind without all the information, and that will pose a challenge to their marriage.

• Love 2

Will Luke and Laura discover who the villain is behind everything?

Not for another 4-7 weeks.

Denise visits Sonny.

Denise and Morgan are unable to stay away from each other.

Ava will fuck Sonny again and find herself in another WTD situation with a father and son.

Picked up a copy of the latest SOD with the cover story "Big Gh Twists", here's a summary of the spoilers:

*Biggest spoiler (it's right on the cover, a big headline):  Michael gives the baby back to Sonny.  (Fuck you very much, Ron).  This is what he considers a "slight thaw".  Sonny is grateful, blah blah blah, but his reconciliation with Michael is still "a pipe dream".  However, he and Carly will never give up trying.  For those that wanting to reward this abject fuckery with ratings, the big handover is supposed to happen on Monday, so you might want to have something better to do that day... like de-grouting your nails.

*Franco pretends to be sexing up Denise to make Nina jealous.  Denise/Ava enthusiastically goes along with this because reasons.

*Luke and Laura catch Holly breaking into their hotel room.  It looks like she may be the one behind all this at first, but it turns out that Ethan as well as Lucky has been kidnapped.  Lulu being involved in the search puts a strain on her marriage.  The Spencer gang executes a "risky plan" to sneak into the boss villains lair and rescue Luke's sons.  After the baddie is unmasked, there will be more twists in store, something that will have a "lasting impact" on the show.

*Jake feels partially responsible for Michael and the Qs losing ELQ, so he resolves to help them win back the company.  He enlists the help of Sam to do so.  By going after Nik he may also uncover his own identity.  The work arrangement between Jake and Sam will impact Jake and Liz's relationship, and maybe Patrick and Sam's as well.

Also got a copy of the most recent ABC Soaps in Depth, here's a summary of the spoilers from there:

*The exit story for Luke will ultimately be a love story.  "And the love story we are telling here is that of Tracy and Luke".

*There are some unresolved things between Luke, Laura, and Holly, regarding Ethan.  Holly and Laura will have "things to say to one another".

*Lulu and Dante's story will be a parallel to Luke and  Tracy's, with Lulu in the Luke role of going off on an adventure with an ex and Dante in the Tracy role of being left behind without all the information, and that will pose a challenge to their marriage.

Every single spoiler here is shitastic. Seriously. Come on, new record low ratings! (But thanks for posting and for the warning!)

• Love 1

Damn, you guys Ron, logic is spot on. Micheal basically gives Avery back for plot reasons. A stupid plot instead if good story. MoRon's because...reasons are a big reason the ratings are so low.

So now DenAva, will have to interact with Sonny and Carly.

• Love 1

Meh. I'm not too worried about Micheal handing Ava's spawn off to Sonny because I'm sure it's Morgan's anyway, and I'm sure Ron is dying to have Sabrina and Ava pregnant again at the same time to ReRon a baby swap. We haven't had a baby swap in a while. We're due one.

(edited)

Meh. I'm not too worried about Micheal handing Ava's spawn off to Sonby because I'm sure it's Morgan's anyway, and I'm sure Ron is dying to have Sabrina and Ava pregnant again at the same time to ReRon a baby swap. We haven't had a baby swap in a while. We're due one.

The only thing we are "due" is decent storytelling.  Seriously, I am so sick of babies, kidnapping, and rape.  

On a somewhat rated note, if on Monday Michael does indeed give Avery Bavery to Sonny (instantly causing me go go into a dubble zout-esque rage blackout)

, Ron could immediately redeem himself if on Tuesday someone asked Sonny where the baby was and he said "she's with Mac & Felicia".  

ETA: I would also accept "at Disney World with Audrey" and "on a cruise/at a medical convention/on a medical-convention cruise with Monica".

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5
(edited)

I know RC was trying to lower expectations with his whining about only 10 weeks to do TG's goodbye story and it's not that I had high expectations but this is so shitastic that it boggles the mind. He has the opportunity to lure back viewers who are tuning in to see TG's departure story and this is what he vomits up? 

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 4
Spencer calls out Nikolas for his recent actions.

Oh, FFS. A 9-year-old drama queen is the moral authority for this story? Rage blackout number 3, here I come.

something that will have a "lasting impact" on the show.

I'm guessing it's what sets Luke's exit in motion.

• Love 4

Nobody knows how to snatch bad story out of the jaws of good story quite like Ron.  There is not one single thing in those spoilers that makes me sit up and say "oh, that could be good!"  Not one thing.  And I will definitely skip Monday.  I do not need the rage blackout that will result from seeing Sonny rewarded with his latest prize, whose name he will promptly forget two minutes after Michael gives her back, just because the return of baby AJ didn't also come wrapped up in a nice bow with Michael vowing his everlasting devotion and hoisting back one to toast Sonny murdering his father in cold blood.  And, dammit, how dare anyone not give Sonny everything he wants?  

And since Michael, Sabrina and AJ were pretty much all I was enjoying on this show these days, of fucking course Ron had to take a wrecking ball to it. Dumbass. 

• Love 10

I imagine all future conversations regarding Avery will go as follows:

Visitor; I'm here to see AJ

Sonny: I killed that bastard! *throws barware*

Visitor : No, Sonny. The baby. Your daughter.

Sonny: Kristina? She's at college. I I got business *barware thrown*

Visitor : No....Your daughter with Ava......

Sonny: *blind rage barware throwing*

Then, there's the Morgan is the dad version where Avery Bavery is teaching him how to read. Jason is in the room as well, thinking "This reminds me of something. I saw a book once."

• Love 2
Then, there's the Morgan is the dad version where Avery Bavery is teaching him how to read. Jason is in the room as well, thinking "This reminds me of something. I saw a book once."

"Oh my God, Morgan, do you have a traumatic brain injury, too?" 

• Love 1

So this is the formula now?  Stories that go on forever, and then BAM!  Resolutions that may or may not make any damn sense.  I could see, MAYBE, Michael GRADUALLY coming around to letting Sonny SEE the baby....but no, it's all or nothing with this regime.   I could even see Dante cheating...IF the groundwork was lain MUCH sooner.  Maybe start by having them have some issues with being first time parents...and gradual shifts that would make this bullshit make sense.  But it doesn't.  Lante have been solid for a long long time, and to have a lie this dumb cause a loyal guy to cheat (after only a few days) is REALLY REALLY lazy storytelling.  It just is.

• Love 11

Oh, FFS. A 9-year-old drama queen is the moral authority for this story? Rage blackout number 3, here I come.

A 9-year-old drama queen who tried to murder two other young children, don't forget! Yes, he's a moral authority on TFGH.

• Love 10
(edited)

I know RC was trying to lower expectations with his whining about only 10 weeks to do TG's goodbye story and it's not that I had high expectations for an RC story but this is so shitastic that it boggles the mind. He has the opportunity to lure back viewers who are tuning in to see TG's departure story and this is what he vomits up?

His 10 week excuse still bothers the shit out of me. Yes, you have ten weeks but you have up to 5 episodes a week to build a real freaking story. There are so many shows now that are only 10 episode for a whole freaking season and they manage to tell a whole fucking story from begin to end with decent pacing and a conclusion. This asshat has 5x as much time and us whining. Why because he can't write or tell a story for shit. 10 weeks isn't enough because the stupid fucker doesn't know how to not drag shit out past its expiration day.

Edited by BestestAuntEver
  • Love 10

His 10 week excuse still bothers the shit out of me. Yes, you have ten weeks but you have up to 5 episodes a week to build a real freaking story. There are so many shows now that are only 10 episode for a whole freaking season and they manage to tell a whole fucking story from bwhining to eND qit decwnr pacing and a conclusion. This asshat has 5x as much time and us whining. Why because he can't write or tell a story for shit. 10 weeks isn't enough because the stupid fucker doesn't know how to not drag shit out past its expiration day.

It's either dragged out forever and ever until no one cares anymore (i.e. Fluke, Jakeson reveal) or comes out of nowhere with no prior evidence of character motivation and progresses at warp speed (i.e. Evil Nik, Lante/Valerie, Michael suddenly turning on a dime and deciding it is just fine for baby A.J. to grow up in a crime-riddled environment).  There's no middle ground to be found.  As a viewer, it's so frustrating and unappealing -- and not in any way a shock to see that the ratings are where they are.

• Love 10

His 10 week excuse still bothers the shit out of me. Yes, you have ten weeks but you have up to 5 episodes a week to build a real freaking story. There are so many shows now that are only 10 episode for a whole freaking season and they manage to tell a whole fucking story from begin to end with decent pacing and a conclusion. This asshat has 5x as much time and us whining. Why because he can't write or tell a story for shit. 10 weeks isn't enough because the stupid fucker doesn't know how to not drag shit out past its expiration day.

Ron really had longer than 10 weeks because I'm sure TG talked with him weeks or months before he announced he was leaving.

• Love 1