Type keyword(s) to search

BB In The Media: Outside the Fishbowl

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, Lamb18 said:

I wish there was feeds from the very beginning like there was on BBOTT. Then you can see the relationships in the house build. I suppose they'll show that in the first episodes but it's not the same as unedited feeds.

Those swimsuit pictures - some are pretty good, some are cringeworthy.

Christmas is kind of cheeky.

Body builder guy needs looser shorts or better self-control.

Raven is too pin-up girl posy. Not cute.

Nerdy guy needs to pull up his shorts.

Kevin has the tasteful ageing dad look. (By the way, I can see him being kept around for awhile as the likeable older guy who's no physical threat. #Stealthdad.)

Alex looks OK, too. The dogwalker does not.

Cody's physique is OK but in the second shot he's got the Andy Cohen dead eyes look.

Forgot to add: Rodeo clown - upper half looks like male stripper, bottom half is OK.

Edited by Lamb18
  • Love 1

Oh god, I just realized: Josh is doing the Paulie pose (arms pointed out with a stupid grin).

The more I see Jillian, the more I hate her. I don't care if the photographer told her to stick her butt out in that one photo. She looks like a dumbass. 

• Love 1
9 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Megan's swim suit doesn't even match, which is usually not a concern of mine, but the light yellow top and black bottoms paired with her coloured hair makes the entire picture look distracting.

I just realized she's not even wearing a swimsuit. That's her black underpants and a strapless bra.

1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

I just realized she's not even wearing a swimsuit. That's her black underpants and a strapless bra.

I relooked at the picture. Sadly, that is a swimsuit. I have a similar swim suit like that (it's blue, though, and not two different colours). 

Oh, and it's not strapless. It has straps...that also don't match the swim suit. It's like some zebra patterned straps. 

Now, if you told me Elena was wearing her bra and underwear/underpants, then I'd believe you because her swim suit looks like under garments. 

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Lamb18 said:

Forgot to add: Rodeo clown - upper half looks like male stripper, bottom half is OK.

I dunno. Makes the upper half pretty okay, too, by my standards. I'll just sit here, waving one dollar... coins? at the screen. "Take it off, take it all off!"

3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Now, if you told me Elena was wearing her bra and underwear/underpants, then I'd believe you because her swim suit looks like under garments. 

From 1980. 

ETA: Oh, hey, look really closely at those pics. Does anyone look slightly upset? I remember the pool pictures were taken after the first elimination last season, weren't they? I thought they discussed on the feeds how the first one out had to come back in for the pictures.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
(edited)

I'm not good with names this early in the season, so. Dude wearing all black in his swimsuit pic. Anyone else keep seeing it and thinking "Hey, since why is Mike Boogie getting another chance in the house?" Seriously. Just mentally put Boogie's hat on him. It's weird.

No? Only me? Maybe I need more coffee.

Edited by Callaphera

I didn't see Boogie's season, so I can't compare, but that guy is Kevin, stay at home dad. He seems nice and mellow in his video and having seven kids (mostly grownup now), he is used to having lots of young people in the house.

Did Boogie show up once in season 18? Someone did who was weird and I didn't get why people thought he was great, but I can't remember for sure. But if that was him, I don't think Kevin is like that. He's a lot older, too.

1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

I'm not good with names this early in the season, so. Dude wearing all black in his swimsuit pic. Anyone else keep seeing it and thinking "Hey, since why is Mike Boogie getting another chance in the house?" Seriously. Just mentally put Boogie's hat on him. It's weird.

I looked again after you said this, and now that's all I can see!

Today is my favorite day of summer — that one day when I'm super excited for BB to start and I don't hate anyone so much that I have an urge to throw things. I know by next week at this time I'll be over half of these people, but right now I'm just excited that it's finally starting. It's not summer without BB!

• Love 1

Global (BC) TV was playing the same Big Brother commercial all this morning. Comprised of clips of past seasons and ending on Nicole's "I'm soooo exciiiiiited-uh!" whine. 

That's one way to jolt yourself from half asleep to wide awake in a hurry.

• Love 3

Question to veteran BB watchers and live feeders: Are the chat rooms on the CBS website usually down right before the first episode? On my laptop, I go to either Chat or Live Feed and the Chat Room section is totally gone from the right side of the screen. I don't know if it's my laptop or that's normal. Thanks!

It's good to hear some of the behind the scenes on this week, and who's playing a good social game, as well as the potential showmances. I can already tell which showmances I'll be avoiding. Not surprising which houseguests are already potentially involved.

Also, a big fight between a male and female broke out already. I wonder how "big" is big. At least we'll see it on tomorrow night's episode. And it was because of the temptation twist.

No, Grodner, we DON'T want to see an All Stars cast after being bombarded with returnees and vets every season for the past six or so. We want a break with just new houseguests.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

ETA: Swimsuit pics. They're possibly worse than usual lol. 

5 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I think the background photo is distracting and awful, which makes the pictures not only look fake, but look like the photographer didn't know what they were doing.

Swear to god.  When the photographer took these shots, did they have to use up their *entire* lunch break from the Wal-Mart portrait studio?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, flipflopdiva said:

Today is my favorite day of summer — that one day when I'm super excited for BB to start and I don't hate anyone so much that I have an urge to throw things. I know by next week at this time I'll be over half of these people, but right now I'm just excited that it's finally starting. It's not summer without BB!

This. All of this.

@Callaphera how dare you compare poor Kevin to fucking Boogie! Now that's all I see and I was liking Kevin. Dammit!

I'm at a table of one apparently but Elena's bathing suit is the only one I actually like. I would like Christmas' if half her ass wasn't hanging out of it. But honestly the worst piece of clothing all together is Jillian's shoes. 

• Love 5
(edited)
3 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

@Callaphera how dare you compare poor Kevin to fucking Boogie! Now that's all I see and I was liking Kevin. Dammit!

Hey, if I can't unsee it, you can't either.

ETA: It's uncanny, the similarities between them when I go back and forth between pictures. I know we always play the "Is anyone related to former HG" game and I don't think there's any relations this season, but seriously. Baby Boogie.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 1
On 6/26/2017 at 2:24 PM, HurricaneVal said:

As we are on the precipice of a new season of Big Brother, allow me--an inveterate BB Live Feed Forum lurker--to thank all of you who tirelessly view and recap/comment on the live feeds here on Previously.tv.  I cannot do this myself, but I do faithfully read the BB forums here and y'all are funny and insightful.  I suspect reading your content is way more fun than actually watching the feeds.  One of my favorite games is to contrast and compare the feed discussions of the real-time happenings in the house vs. the broadcast shows and their edited and manipulated content.   Will they show this?  How will they edit that?  OMG, no way will they show what she just said.... 

And it isn't just us lurkers who are picking up on this stuff.  Remember how public comment and discussion on racist incidents and comments inside the house (clearly visible on the feeds) that were being covered up on the broadcast shows bubbled up high enough to be noticed by the general media which forced Grodner et al to actually address the happenings rather than just ignoring them?  That was you guys, and others like you that made that happen.

So, I thank you in advance.  You guys rock.

As this summer train is leaving the station, I want to give this post 1000 likes.  I've tried to watch the feeds, but it is just too tedious for me.  I listen to music from when I wake up until 7 or 8 PM when the TV goes on, but you keep me up to the minute all day.

Thanks everybody :)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, UniqBlue69 said:

Big Brother reveals first group photo of season 19 cast

One person has been so poorly photo-shopped in, it's hysterical. I guess we know who leaves first.

I'm almost afraid to click to see who it is. Please let it be someone I dislike or don't care about. 

Actually, I don't think any of them are photoshopped in; it's just a really, really bad photo. Not surprised, since the photographer took really bad photos for the individual shoots. 

Though, there are two people who look photoshopped in to me and if it's one of them, then good. If it's the other, then eh, I could have really liked them but oh well. 

Well, it's almost time for Big Brother. 

Less than an hour to go. I better make myself some food and get comfortable. Looking at the pictures of the two different groups, I hope the first group who enters is the one with Christmas, Dominique, Kevin, and Elena. Hey, Elena's finally grown on me after watching her interviews again. She could be alright. 

8 hours ago, Callaphera said:

No? Only me? Maybe I need more coffee.

I like Kevin. Do not ruin Kevin for me :)

• Love 7
7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

This. All of this.

I'm at a table of one apparently but Elena's bathing suit is the only one I actually like. I would like Christmas' if half her ass wasn't hanging out of it. But honestly the worst piece of clothing all together is Jillian's shoes. 

May I join you at your table, please?  

• Love 2
(edited)
On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 5:18 PM, Lady Calypso said:

I'm almost afraid to click to see who it is. Please let it be someone I dislike or don't care about. 

Actually, I don't think any of them are photoshopped in; it's just a really, really bad photo. Not surprised, since the photographer took really bad photos for the individual shoots. 

Though, there are two people who look photoshopped in to me and if it's one of them, then good. If it's the other, then eh, I could have really liked them but oh well.

Well, now that it's over and been made public, who else looked photoshopped?  Only Cameron looked as such to me (and I didn't see him in any photos going behind the scenes for the shoot, either, so that was another hint that he was gone).

Edited by Star Aristille
6 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Well, now that it's over and be made public, who else looked photoshopped?  Only Cameron looked as such to me (and I didn't see him in any photos going behind the scenes for the shoot, either, so that was another hint that he was gone).

Before I scrolled down to look at the other pictures, I thought Jason looked photoshopped. 

Interview after premiere with Grodner and Meehan:

Fans were really looking forward to an all new cast. How will you respond to criticisms about Paul returning?

Grodner: We have 16 new houseguests that from what I can tell are being received really well, which we're really excited about. They're brand new to the Big Brother house.

Meehan: We're really liking them. 

Grodner: Just adding one returner shouldn't skew things too much for people that don't appreciate that. Paul is such fun to watch and ultimately by the end of last season he was someone that a lot of people really enjoyed. I'm hoping they agree that having him back is a positive thing. 

Meehan: It will be interesting to see if he alters his game. He's smart enough to know he has to do things a little differently. It will be interesting to see that. 

Mmhmm. Until you skew it in your favour to keep Your Boy in the house longer. Also, screwing a newbie out of their shot of staying in the house. It's NOT a positive thing you numbnuts. Also, Paul got to F2. Yes, he was robbed. Bring him back for an all stars season instead. 

Also, laughable that they think that Paul's vet status will be forgotten about within the first couple of weeks. I know plenty of people are stupid enough to keep vets in for far longer than they should, but forgetting that Paul's played the game before? Please.

Also, Grodner being a prick when asked about Cameron's eviction. Spoiler: a lot of laughing and blaming it on him. "Well, it's HIS fault that he didn't get to know the houseguests better in 12 hours...." 

• Love 3

Cameron's left hand has an obvious background still attached from somewhere else. That's some sloppy work. Also, he looks very tiny to me. Kevin looks unusually big though, so I don't know that they didn't photoshop other people around just to get things evened out. Anyway, I'm glad it was Cameron. His annoying DR voice was enough of a reason to be happy to not see him again. 

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Interview after premiere with Grodner and Meehan:

Mmhmm. Until you skew it in your favour to keep Your Boy in the house longer. Also, screwing a newbie out of their shot of staying in the house. It's NOT a positive thing you numbnuts. Also, Paul got to F2. Yes, he was robbed. Bring him back for an all stars season instead. 

Also, laughable that they think that Paul's vet status will be forgotten about within the first couple of weeks. I know plenty of people are stupid enough to keep vets in for far longer than they should, but forgetting that Paul's played the game before? Please.

Also, Grodner being a prick when asked about Cameron's eviction. Spoiler: a lot of laughing and blaming it on him. "Well, it's HIS fault that he didn't get to know the houseguests better in 12 hours...." 

Oh good god.   Can she be more obnoxious?  

When it comes to America's vote and the Den of Temptation does he have an unfair advantage?

Grodner: I don't know. (Laughs.) We've seen it work in all different ways. 

NO you have worked it in all different ways, you twat.  

• Love 3
(edited)

Will misses the mark with Julie.  Do an exaggerated version of her poised controlled self, there is more comedy in that! 

Edited by wings707
1 minute ago, Rachel RSL said:

Heh. I know.  Even if people really feel that way, you'd think they wouldn't actually say it on national television.

Makes you kind of wonder (and yeah, I know nobody can answer this who hasn't actually been on the show):  even if before entering the House you know 100% what the show is like, and what kind of problems other HGs have experienced when they opened their mouths just a little TOO wide - if after a while a kind of "camera fatigue" sets in where the intimacy of the whole just-you-and-the-camera (or just-us-HGs-and-the-camera) mentality might blind you at least temporarily to the reality that everything you say might be transported out for consumption by the entire planet.

• Love 2

There's some stupid new show on CBS called Candy Crush hosted by Mario Lopez.  Tonight's episode is Big Brother vs Survivor, 2 pairs of 2 from each show.

From Big Brother:  Paul (wearing what looks like a tunic and yoga pants) and Day.  The other team is Frankie and Caleb!!!!!

From Survivor:  Joe and Kelly.  The other team is Jeremy and Woo.

I've got the show on, too. I can't figure out what's going on, but I've never played the game. Woo showed more personality in his intro than in his two seasons of Survivor.  I hope Joe and Kelley knock DaVonne and Paul out of the Leaders Lounge into the Losers Lounge.

Allison Grodner interview.

The Summer Of Temptation’s “Den” is closing shop just three weeks in to the season. Will the Temptations continue on this season in a different manner or are the Temptation twists over now after the Battle Back?

Allison Grodner: Temptation is the theme of the summer and rest assured there are more temptations to come. The next twist is just around the corner…

I suspect that Raven's mother is not happy with her right now. That one minute clip barely scratches the surface of what happened and that is scary. I love how Josh is claiming that they are not bullies while standing there holding pots and pans yelling at Jess and Cody. I don't watch the feeds, but from all that I have read on a variety of sites, that is a reasonably accurate portrayal from yesterday. The only problem I have with it is that it focuses on Josh and Raven and does not point the finger at Paul as the organizer of the attacks.

• Love 2

There's even worse clips they could have aired especially regarding Cody's service to the country. 

At least it shows Paul at the end rewarding his lap dog girl for screaming at Jess.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

I suspect that Raven's mother is not happy with her right now. 

Based on what I've read about Raven's mom I figure she's quite proud of Raven's display there.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1