Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E10: Benji & David's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Maggienolia said:

And I wonder too - why do all of these people eat in the car? I mean, just go in and sit down. It's still fast food so you're not waiting on table service, but at least you eat something like a salad without trying to eat it on the shelf that is your stomach, propped up by the steering wheel it barely fits behind. 

HOW CAN THAT BE A SHOCK!??!?!?!?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?

They don't like to eat inside because others can see how much they eat in one sitting.  

• Love 10
Just now, Godfrey said:
3 minutes ago, trashtvaddict said:

What a great house!! Where are the kittehs?

Benji ate 'em.

He had no choice as it was "cheat day."

1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

He had no choice as it was "cheat day."

They were really good over some fried rice-- it was OK because it was fried.

Edited by LordOfLotion
Keyboard Impudence
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

Hey, TLC, please don't put banners advertising your latest sisterwife show over Dr. Now's subtitles! I need the translations!

I wish those damn Sister Wives would just go away.   Miserable bunch....

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, AnnaBaptist said:

The daughter Lorelei looks like she doesn't belong with the rest of the family. She is quite thin, was jumping on the trampoline, and she had one enchilada on her plate.

Looks like weight loss surgery is happening for David. They had the warning sign at the end of the commercial break.

ITA about Lorelei. I thought it was so sweet and intelligent on her part to observe that the enchiladas looked a bit large so she only wanted to eat one and a half. Maybe she was trying to throw dear old dad a hint?

• Love 9

Hey Y'all!  If David is doing so well with the 1200 calorie diet, do you think he could keep doing that instead of having the surgery?  I know that eventually his amount of weight loss would decrease, but he really seems to have the mindset to lose the weight without surgery.  Maybe he could go to Weight Watchers.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Just me or do the women in the Kyleena IUD commercial make the stupidest faces?

It's not just you. On the other hand, one of those dresses was totally cute, like an updated Jackie Kennedy outfit.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, MsVixen said:

Maybe he could go to Weight Watchers

Freestyle baby! The new WW program is good. Some of these patients think they just have to watch what they eat until they have the surgery, not realizing it will have to be a lifetime thing.

Edited by Armchair Critic
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, JudgeyMcJudgyPants said:

Just me or do the women in the Kyleena IUD commercial make the stupidest faces?

Yeah......I can see Saturday Night Live making doing a "mock" of this ad.  It's "totes ridiculous"!

• Love 2
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Hey Y'all!  If David is doing so well with the 1200 calorie diet, do you think he could keep doing that instead of having the surgery?  I know that eventually his amount of weight loss would decrease, but he really seems to have the mindset to lose the weight without surgery.  Maybe he could go to Weight Watchers.

I'm just guessing and I'm not an MD, but I think his stomach is probably so stretched out that eventually he would go back to filling it back up, even with healthy food. I've also been through a few weight gains and losses with extreme thyroid levels, and when I lose a lot like that in a small amount of time, there is this feeling for a long time that I get like I want to replace a missing body part or something.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Azubah said:

It's not just you. On the other hand, one of those dresses was totally cute, like an updated Jackie Kennedy outfit.

Totally agree, that’s why I’m so bothered by her dumb “did I forget my pills” face.

BTW, no one who has an IUD forgets they have it.  The insertion procedure is pretty memorable, not in a good way.

• Love 5
Just now, zoemom said:

Benji's eating Jello...is he getting with the program?????

It's sugar-free, and it's approved -- lots of the patients eat it. I don't care for it myself, but it's popular.

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, ChickenLatte99 said:

I honestly don't get it. I rarely need my siblings to complete life altering tasks.

I think it's a twin thing. There's lotsa research on twin behavior.

• Love 2

Hopefully Benji's really getting on board. Denial aside, it's probably smarter to have him wait until his brother recovers from his own surgery before getting it done. It's probably easier on the family who have to take care of them.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I think it's a twin thing. There's lotsa research on twin behavior.

They're not twins. David is the eldest of the six siblings.

Edited by CalpurniaF
Added more info.
  • Love 2