Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: Plural Lives Equals Happy Wives?

• Start Topic

(edited)

Well obvious Dimitri wasn't into Jakira. He didn't want to jump her bones at first sight after he saw that she was "a bigger woman" and he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would want to raise another man's kids. I really don't understand what his wife is getting out of this at all. She just seems tired like she wants to quit life. 

I wonder how the Brineys are affording life now that the husband is no longer a lawyer. Writing a book is not a job. TLC money can only take you so far when you have 192090832 kids.

Welp! Everything ended on a boring note. One thing I learned was that Utah is the only state who prosecutes polygamy. Is that why Kody and Krew moved to Las Vegas?

Edited by shouldbedancing
I wrote prostitution when I meant polygamy... is that Freudian slip?
  • Love 16
6 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

Well obvious Dimitri wasn't into Jakira. He didn't want to jump her bones at first sight after he saw that she was "a bigger woman" and he doesn't seem like the type of guy who would want to raise another man's kids. I really don't understand what his wife is getting out of this at all. She just seems tired like she wants to quit life. 

I wonder how the Brineys are affording life now that the husband is no longer a lawyer. Writing a book is not a job. TLC money can only take you so far when you have 192090832 kids.

Welp! Everything ended on a boring note. One thing I learned was that Utah is the only state who prosecutes prostitution. Is that why Kody and Krew moved to Las Vegas?

Yes it’s why the Browns left, among such fake drama....cop siren sounds, running frantically to shove stuff in trailers etc. 

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, shouldbedancing said:

One thing I learned was that Utah is the only state who prosecutes prostitution.

Except not really. They are the only state that has the law to prosecute people living as polygamists. But the state won't prosecute for that law unless other violations are also present (domestic violence, child abuse [including child spiritual marriages], and welfare fraud). There hasn't been anyone prosecuted solely for polygamy in many years and in conjunction with the other violations, only a few times since 2000. Drew Briney has been out as a polygamous for many years and if the State of Utah wanted to arrest him (the same with Kody Brown), they would have done it a long time ago.  There was no need for the Brineys to move to Oregon or wherever they went except they wanted to. Same with the Browns and LV.

• Love 23

I see the Alldredges moved to South Dakota. That's a bit closer to my state than I'd like. ;-P Melina coming there was pointless and just a scripted non-event that was boring, IMO.

If this show continues, and they want to show 3 families, I hope they find someone to replace the Snowdens. I have not one fuck to give about them. I don't care if they find someone, how it plays out, if they never find anyone, I just don't give a crap at all. He's vile and the only thing I do care about is never seeing him again.

At first I thought April was really being an asshole - but by the end of the show I thought it was all just a bunch of scripted nonsense. She suddenly "came around" to the idea of moving and the other two wives were just desperate to not lose her? Not buying it. 

• Love 24
(edited)

April has a right to not want to move. Drew and the other wives are treating her like crap. He’s the selfish one by having children and not allowing them to call him dad. Plenty of couples are not married and their kids have a mom and dad. Angela is new to the family and wants to run things. I wish April would get the guts to leave this ass.

I have no idea what was going on with the Merlina woman-she seemed cold and unfriendly. And as soon as I saw Jakira I knew it wouldn’t work out with Dimitri

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Love 21
2 hours ago, princelina said:

My DVR cut off before the update on Dimitri/Ashley - can someone fill me in please?

Ashley had her baby, and they continued talking to Jakira for a while but it ultimately didn't work out. They are still actively looking for a sister wife.

1 hour ago, Madding crowd said:

And as soon as I saw Jakira I knew it wouldn’t work out. 

Oh yeah, me too. And honestly, I'm not going to even fault Dimitri for that. If the attraction isn't there, it isn't there. But honestly, it would be the five kids that would have given me pause. I don't know what Ashley was thinking.

• Love 21

More than any other "reality" participant I've ever seen, I HATE Drewfus.  I think I seriously do HATE him.  April made perfect sense (from my point of view), why move away to be with a part-time husband and leave friends, family, kids in college.  I've often told people, my son may move away from me but I'm not moving away from my son.  And for Drewfus to sit there with a puss-face and then accuse her of being selfish - UGH.  He is a smug ass without any empathy.  

I don't expect everybody to understand every iota of somebody else's point of view.  Wives 2 and 3 are coming from different starting points AND their children are still small and will be coming with them.  I would hope that a husband would try to understand a change of heart (April initially said okay but as the event loomed she got cold feet), but NOPE, he turned it into it being a fault of hers.  

Snowdens:  I think Ashley "wanted" Jakira.  I don't think "sisterhood" is a motivator here...I think they are polyamorous.  And bringing 5 kids into it?  No Dimitri fan here, but I would nix that too.  

• Love 21

So the season is over.  What was it - like four one-hour episodes?  It seemed very short. 

Melina didn't work out.  No surprise there!  I could not figure out what the Alldredges were thinking, assuming she would fit into their lifestyle.  Talk about "square peg/round hole"! They seem like a very nice family.  I hope this new person they are talking to, will be a good fit.  

Dimitri saw Jakira's body that went along with the face and you could tell IMMEDIATELY that it was a "no go".  He wasn't sexually attracted and that was the end of it.  Those two are NEVER going to find another wife.  An African American woman that is skinny and has no children who wants sex with both Dimitri AND Ashley.   And she has to be willing to do a lot of "help" around the house... despite Dimitri's boasts about all of the hired help they have.  (Yeah right!)  But maybe that will suit both of their agendas perfectly.   Dimitri gets to "test drive" all of the young bodies and Ashley will have to say "no go".... or else they won't be hot enough to test drive which is still a no go.  Leaving the Snowdens monogamous.  

The Briney's situation was so artificial it made me squirm.  It was so scripted, fake and ridiculous - I felt like TLC was insulting everyone's intelligence out in TV land.  The women spent every episode having a Cold War - you were waiting for the nukes to drop.  Then it turns out that all April needed was some warm and fuzzy "we want you" comments and it was a hug-fest!  The giddy, happy women then all went to pack up April's stuff in sweet harmony (which was probably already packed).  Not saying it couldn't happen - I'm just saying that the way they acted and spoke reminded me of watching a high school drama class act out a scene.  And now Drew sits home all day long and writes a science fiction novel.   I LIKE well-written science fiction so I am not knocking his genre - but did he take a minute to research just HOW MANY authors can make a living by writing books?  Some make it big - but when you take into account how many gazillion people write a book or two that don't "catch fire" compared to the handful of people who make it big and write sequels and best sellers - the odds are very much against him supporting a family of his size.  I see two of the wives needing a waitress job in the near future, to support the brood.

• Love 23
8 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

April has a right to not want to move. Drew and the other wives are treating her like crap. He’s the selfish one by having children and not allowing them to call him dad. Plenty of couples are not married and their kids have a mom and dad. Angela is new to the family and wants to run things. I wish April would get the guts to leave this ass.

I am no fan of any of these nincompoops, but in April's shoes I would have simply stated that I was the actual, legal wife and would be staying in Utah with my children, family and home, thank you. Why does she hang on to that idiot Drew so hard? Yes, she was only 19 when they met and she loved him madly. But those days are long gone. He's taken two younger, blonder women into her home, blames her for any discord, and has demanded that she share him, the love of her life, with them. April. Honey. You're still a young woman. You're cute. Kick Drew and his harem to the curb and rebuild your life.

The way Auralee and Angela bleated sanctimoniously about "the family" was making me hurl. April has her kids to think about. Why should she care about those two twits and their problems? We'll see how long they stick around when (I know, I know, she'll never do it, but bear with me) April divorces Drew and he has to pay her hefty alimony and child support. They might have to get off their asses and get jobs, instead of sitting around in the women's quarters plotting like they're on Big Brother. Jesus.

1 hour ago, Granny58 said:

More than any other "reality" participant I've ever seen, I HATE Drewfus.  I think I seriously do HATE him.  April made perfect sense (from my point of view), why move away to be with a part-time husband and leave friends, family, kids in college.  I've often told people, my son may move away from me but I'm not moving away from my son.  And for Drewfus to sit there with a puss-face and then accuse her of being selfish - UGH.  He is a smug ass without any empathy.  

I don't expect everybody to understand every iota of somebody else's point of view.  Wives 2 and 3 are coming from different starting points AND their children are still small and will be coming with them.  I would hope that a husband would try to understand a change of heart (April initially said okay but as the event loomed she got cold feet), but NOPE, he turned it into it being a fault of hers.  

Snowdens:  I think Ashley "wanted" Jakira.  I don't think "sisterhood" is a motivator here...I think they are polyamorous.  And bringing 5 kids into it?  No Dimitri fan here, but I would nix that too.  

This is what kills me about these polygamous men. They all blather about how difficult it is to mediate all the discord and strife in his home, by all the weak minded and jealous womenfolk. He, the man, in his god given infinite wisdom is supposed to be Solomon, dispensing sage counsel and judgment, ruling the roost with absolute, firm but kind magnanimity. But we always see these dweeby milk toasts, who whimper and complain about how their wives can't seem to get along and how haaaard it is for them. Right. You have at least three women vying for your attention, you're cock of the walk, and you love every second of it.

I concur on the Snowdens, I've suspected all along that their real thing was polyamory. That's still too hot for basic cable, I guess. LOL.  Hey, you want to get your ya-yas out, go to it. If that's your choice, no problem. But why cloak it in vaguely spiritual, Gwyneth Paltrow-esque double talk? They must have felt that they were coming across as visionary, avant garde, pioneers. Haha, not so much.  Maybe they want to start a cult? For that you have to be charismatic.

• Love 20
26 minutes ago, Kyanight said:

Dimitri saw Jakira's body that went along with the face and you could tell IMMEDIATELY that it was a "no go".  He wasn't sexually attracted and that was the end of it.  Those two are NEVER going to find another wife.  An African American woman that is skinny and has no children who wants sex with both Dimitri AND Ashley.   And she has to be willing to do a lot of "help" around the house... despite Dimitri's boasts about all of the hired help they have.  (Yeah right!)  But maybe that will suit both of their agendas perfectly.   Dimitri gets to "test drive" all of the young bodies and Ashley will have to say "no go".... or else they won't be hot enough to test drive which is still a no go.  Leaving the Snowdens monogamous.  

The Briney's situation was so artificial it made me squirm.  It was so scripted, fake and ridiculous - I felt like TLC was insulting everyone's intelligence out in TV land.  The women spent every episode having a Cold War - you were waiting for the nukes to drop.  Then it turns out that all April needed was some warm and fuzzy "we want you" comments and it was a hug-fest!  The giddy, happy women then all went to pack up April's stuff in sweet harmony (which was probably already packed).  Not saying it couldn't happen - I'm just saying that the way they acted and spoke reminded me of watching a high school drama class act out a scene.  And now Drew sits home all day long and writes a science fiction novel.   I LIKE well-written science fiction so I am not knocking his genre - but did he take a minute to research just HOW MANY authors can make a living by writing books?  Some make it big - but when you take into account how many gazillion people write a book or two that don't "catch fire" compared to the handful of people who make it big and write sequels and best sellers - the odds are very much against him supporting a family of his size.  I see two of the wives needing a waitress job in the near future, to support the brood.

ABSOLUTELY!  As soon as she walked in - his immediate response was about her weight.  I didn't think he could disgust me more with his fakeness, but there it was.  And, I completely agree - there will be no one that is "compatible" because Ashley will always want someone a little less attractive than her (see: fiasco with Joselyn) and Dmitri wants a model.  No one will ever be right for them and...thank God for that.

And, AGREE about the Brineys!!  I could not believe how nasty Drew was in his THs on April.  Damn, if she sees that, I would not be surprised if she was like: f*ck you all, I'm going back to Utah.  And, after watching multiple episodes of Auralee and Angela bad mouthing the hell out of April, it was so pathetic to see them practically begging her to come with them to Oregon.  Holy hell.  I thought at least one of them would be like: hey, this is our chance to get rid of her!  Yippee!! 

• Love 24
14 minutes ago, TheGreenWave said:

And, after watching multiple episodes of Auralee and Angela bad mouthing the hell out of April, it was so pathetic to see them practically begging her to come with them to Oregon.  Holy hell.  I thought at least one of them would be like: hey, this is our chance to get rid of her!  Yippee!! 

Except if that happened, he'd have to support her in her separate establishment. April would squeeze every nickel she could from Drew. Auralee and Angela would have to get jobs. Horrors! Plus, better the devil you know. If April leaves, Drew might entertain the notion of getting another, younger, hotter wife. How he'd support them all is anyone's guess, but we've seen women who do, time and again, actually choose this ridiculous life.

• Love 9
(edited)
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

They might have to get off their asses and get jobs, instead of sitting around in the women's quarters plotting like they're on Big Brother. Jesus.

This is it, exactly! So much strategizing. It must be exhausting dealing with so many personalities (not to mention so many children) in these setups.

Also, Jakira (sp.) saying she sees polygamy as just like monogamy. Uh, how so, J? How so?

Edited by jennylauren123
  • Love 10

Obviously the Briney’s story was entirely scripted. Drew’s venomous attitude towards April seemed real though, unless he is a fabulous actor. April is a nasty piece of work regardless. Drew is disgusting. 

The Aldrich’s are better off without Melina- what a phony bitch. At the end of the episode there was a photo of the family and it looked as if Sharis was very pregnant. They are the only family on this show that seem to actually care for each other. 

Dimitri is a horny snake. Can’t blame him for not wanting to take on someone else’s kids, but then again isn’t that what they expect a new sister wife to do with their kids?! Now that Ashley has had her baby hopefully she can see things clearly and dump that piece of crap and find herself a girlfriend. The Snowden’s are obviously famewhores~ good luck to Dimitri trying to hook up with women now.....

• Love 14

Every week I've fallen asleep to this show, sometimes twice-when I try to pick up where I left off.  Last night was no exception.  I don't care if they bring this back or not.  I'll watch if they do, but only to snark.  The only thing I really care to see now is a follow up where they discuss what they saw when the episodes aired, and any SM backlash that followed them. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Kyanight said:

So the season is over.  What was it - like four one-hour episodes?  It seemed very short. 

Melina didn't work out.  No surprise there!  I could not figure out what the Alldredges were thinking, assuming she would fit into their lifestyle.  Talk about "square peg/round hole"! They seem like a very nice family.  I hope this new person they are talking to, will be a good fit.  

I so agree about the Brineys. The main issue is they are not very good actors. Auralee especially needs to work on her skills, because she often sounded rehearsed and insincere. Angela looks like she's just sitting back and watching the show most of the time. April is pretty good at wallowing and playing the victim. And Drew has passive down to a science. It was almost refreshing to see him finally grow a pair and let April have it a bit.

But they were mostly too stilted and scripted to be believable. I hope for the sake of their children that their strife was exaggerated, and there are more good times than bad in that family, because damn, life is too short to be that freaking miserable.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, thebalconyfool said:

According to someone on Facebook, Drew said they are coming back for a second season, but with new families. 

Ugh.  I did notice a casting call link at the bottom of the screen last night.  Geez - how many more of these shows??  I mean, don't we already have to deal with "3 Wives, 1 Husband" that is premiering like next week? 

• Love 3

Wow!  So many thoughts on this one.

Brineys-April is a selfish bitch.  No news there, but it was nice to see Drew grow some balls, admit it and call her out on it.  Even her suggestion about him coming to visit "frequently," demonstrates her need to mimic monogamy for at least a week per month.  Then when she  threatens to violate every implied agreement they have ever made, she accuses them of attacking her. UGH! She makes me want to slap her! Said this before, but April should have gotten divorced when he introduced this lifestyle to her.   She can divorce and bankrupt him with all those kids. She really is a manipulative fake.

Alldredges-Melina is a nut case and they dodged a bullet!  Her excuse for not notifying them she wasn't coming was total crap and unbelievably rude.  And then to try to blame it on Vanessa who was going through the pseudo pregnancy was cruel and classless.  She was only interested in Sharis and they are so lucky to be done with her.  Even though I don't like that they are misrepresenting this family with Cindy actually being the true first wife, Jeff seems like a decent guy and they cut this whack job way too much slack.

Snowdens-OMG Dimitri! Talking about her being heavier and "that's ok"? You could not have sounded more insincere!  These people are messed up and just need to have an open relationship where Ashley gets to play with ladies and Dimitri dog gets to hump anything that moves.  They'd all be so much happier!

• Love 11
29 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Even though I don't like that they are misrepresenting this family with Cindy actually being the true first wife, Jeff seems like a decent guy and they cut this whack job

There is another wife? Did she not want to be part of the show?

3 minutes ago, LucyEth said:
33 minutes ago, SuzieQ said:

Even though I don't like that they are misrepresenting this family with Cindy actually being the true first wife, Jeff seems like a decent guy and they cut this whack job

Another wife and an entire tribe of kids.  She and Jeff are separated and she and her kids didn't want any part of this, apparently.  I've seen photos of Jeff with both this wife and Vanessa.

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, LucyEth said:

Yes, there are pics and explanations in the thread about them, but in a nutshell, Cindy is the first wife and they have a bunch of kids.  I get that she wanted no part of the show, but claiming Vanessa is the first wife and Sharis the 2nd, when they are obviously significantly younger than him never rang true.  I think if they couldn't be represented somewhat accurately, they should not have been on the show.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, AllyCat said:

Dimitri telling Ashley let's sleep on it was code for "I'll tell you once the cameras are off that it's not going to happen with your friend because she's not a 22 year old toothpick".

Dimitri telling Ashley let's sleep on it was code for "I'll tell you once the cameras are off that it's not going to happen with your friend because she's not a 22 year old toothpick".

I laughed my ass off during the entire scene. From the moment She walked in the door and Dmitri said "she's a larger woman I don't mind that ", all the while you could see in his face, no effin way. Then his convo with AShley afterwards how she was so reserved and shy he didn't think he could get past that. I never realized till that moment that reserved and shy was code for way larger than I would ever tap. The bigger joke is that Ashley, as deluded as any woman I've ever seen in real life or even on 90 day fiance(can anyone say Danielle), actually buys his BS hook, line and sinker while it is 100% obvious to all of America (and yes Ashley if you're reading this many of us are just as educated and intelligent as you are) that he is nothing but a horny, prideful man who wants to tap as many young attractive booties as he can with the ok of his wife and breed a lot of little Dmitri's.   

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, grammaester said:

I laughed my ass off during the entire scene. From the moment She walked in the door and Dmitri said "she's a larger woman I don't mind that ", all the while you could see in his face, no effin way. Then his convo with AShley afterwards how she was so reserved and shy he didn't think he could get past that. I never realized till that moment that reserved and shy was code for way larger than I would ever tap. The bigger joke is that Ashley, as deluded as any woman I've ever seen in real life or even on 90 day fiance(can anyone say Danielle), actually buys his BS hook, line and sinker while it is 100% obvious to all of America (and yes Ashley if you're reading this many of us are just as educated and intelligent as you are) that he is nothing but a horny, prideful man who wants to tap as many young attractive booties as he can with the ok of his wife and breed a lot of little Dmitri's.   

AND Ashley will never agree to anyone more attractive than her.  They are both full of shit and in total denial of who they really are.

• Love 13

The moment Dimitri saw Jakira, his face fell. I believe he was lying when he said, “she is a heavier woman, but that is okay”, because Dimitri strikes me as the type to want an arm candy, not a “heavier” woman with five kids.  I don’t think they will ever meet someone that they both like; which could be a good thing. 

I didn’t pay much attention to the other two families, because their stories seemed scripted. How convenient that by the time the show aired, one family had already fled to Oregon and the other to South Dakota.   I have a feeling they were planning to leave Utah all along but decided to out themselves and make some money in the process. 

• Love 12
18 hours ago, princelina said:

My DVR cut off before the update on Dimitri/Ashley - can someone fill me in please?

They met up with Jakira.Attractive woman maybe around 38-40, weight around 210,mostly around the bootie and thighs. She walks in, they cut to Dmitri saying "she's a larger woman but I'm ok with that" but his eyes and face said, not on your effin life". They try to talk, she's not super friendly, a little quiet. He doesn't make much of an effort, no flirting and big smiles like with 100 lb 22 yr old Jocelyn. Cut to AShley and Dmitri back home. Ashley is singing her praises.Dmitri is sitting there looking like someone stuck a 10 foot hot pole up his ass. He then says "I don't know, she's kind of shy and reserved (which is code for (in his mind) fat), I don't know if I can get past that".  Then at the end they say the Snowdens "passed" on Jakira and are still looking. HA HA HA, that's a shocker.

• Love 11

Even if April was playing along with the story line, which I feel she was doing (badly, as they all were) - Drew spoke pretty nastily about his wife in a TV TH. That in itself pissed me off & spoke to his doucheness. The other 'wives' were doing that all along, but you'd think a husband would have more compassion on his wife, even if he felt she had other reasons, & not allow himself to be filmed talking about her like she was some piece of shit pain in his pasty ass.

Even if they were all in agreement, I still feel he's just such a huge ass hole for even thinking for a minute that was okay - it's incredible. 

But all of these people are a bunch of fucked up, deluded liars, presenting themselves as having a healthy lifestyle that in actuality is demeaning & demoralizing to women, & then pretending the world is out to get them & destroy their families.

I'm not buying what any of these fools are so miserably trying to sell.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, gonecrackers said:

Even if April was playing along with the story line, which I feel she was doing (badly, as they all were) - Drew spoke pretty nastily about his wife in a TV TH. That in itself pissed me off & spoke to his doucheness. The other 'wives' were doing that all along, but you'd think a husband would have more compassion on his wife, even if he felt she had other reasons, & not allow himself to be filmed talking about her like she was some piece of shit pain in his pasty ass.

Even if they were all in agreement, I still feel he's just such a huge ass hole for even thinking for a minute that was okay - it's incredible. 

But all of these people are a bunch of fucked up, deluded liars, presenting themselves as having a healthy lifestyle that in actuality is demeaning & demoralizing to women, & then pretending the world is out to get them & destroy their families.

Yes yes and yes to all!  That Drew calling April selfish - I believe he was the one who married his college sweetheart, fathered a bunch of kids over a decade, and then decided one day he wanted a second wife and heckled her for a year until she gave in.  I guess he knows selfish.

• Love 21
3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

He was downright contemptuous towards April. Producer shenanigans aside, no one made him inject so much contempt into his voice. 

• Love 15
7 hours ago, SuzieQ said:

Alldredges-Melina is a nut case and they dodged a bullet!  Her excuse for not notifying them she wasn't coming was total crap and unbelievably rude.  And then to try to blame it on Vanessa who was going through the pseudo pregnancy was cruel and classless.  She was only interested in Sharis and they are so lucky to be done with her.  Even though I don't like that they are misrepresenting this family with Cindy actually being the true first wife, Jeff seems like a decent guy and they cut this whack job way too much slack.

I don't know what that Melina nonsense was all about. No excuse for her not shooting Sharis a text saying "Sorry, but I'm out, I'll explain later" or something. I realize things may have been exaggerated for tv, but to leave them hanging at the airport was sad, then to finally set up a visit and come there just to put the blame on Jeff and poor Vanessa, please. Vanessa went through hell with that molar pregnancy and the complications - if I'd been in her shoes I'd want to slap a bitch. Honey, I feel like death warmed over, sorry I wasn't as warm and fuzzy as you expected.

• Love 10
8 hours ago, Gothish520 said:

I don't know what that Melina nonsense was all about. No excuse for her not shooting Sharis a text saying "Sorry, but I'm out, I'll explain later" or something. I realize things may have been exaggerated for tv, but to leave them hanging at the airport was sad, then to finally set up a visit and come there just to put the blame on Jeff and poor Vanessa, please. Vanessa went through hell with that molar pregnancy and the complications - if I'd been in her shoes I'd want to slap a bitch. Honey, I feel like death warmed over, sorry I wasn't as warm and fuzzy as you expected.

Totally agree.  It's hard to know what was edited by TLC to appear a certain way .... but I was extremely irritated by the restaurant scene.  I thought Vanessa was kind and gracious and I thought that Melina didn't deserve it.  There is no way in hell *I would have given her another chance after she spewed out all that self-centered bull - as if meeting people is the Cuban Missile Crisis or something.  Sheesh - you MEET them!  You don't hit it off?  Say it won't work.  Wow... problem solved, just like that.  And we all can probably assume correctly that MELINA didn't pay for the flight to Utah - TLC did.  She wasn't even out a dime.  So explain to me again WHAT was so traumatizing about the situation?  Melina spent the time between blowing off the Alldredge family and finally coming out to meet them in figuring out where to dump the blame for her rude behavior.  "Oh it wasn't MY fault, it was VANESSA'S fault for not talking to me more on Skype".  Uh... right.   Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you, bitch.

• Love 9

There is supposed to be a second season with all new families, but I'm not sure if I can watch. This season was so heavily scripted to be ridiculous and unbelievable at times. The Snowden storyline was full of horrible actors, the Brineys were boring as all hell and just a repeat of the Browns, and the Alldredges were both sad (the molar pregnancy and ignored first family) and badly scripted (Melina).

We are at the saturation point of pro-plyg shows. TLC needs to stop pushing the persecution storyline because the audience is able to read and educate ourselves about the reality. "Escaping Polygamy" is a great program that shows the reality of polygamy, yet has a hard time getting produced and air time. If they are insistent on following plygs, at least get real about it.

• Love 12

Some final musings....

One, although I probably personally would have waited to have an ultrasound to confirm I really was pregnant and even then, waited until about the 12 week mark before telling my children, I think my previous comment about the Alldredges announcing the pregnancy prior to same was a little harsh.  Given that Vanessa has been pregnant before and was experiencing pregnancy symptoms, it was not as irresponsible imho as I thought for her/the family to be confident enough she was pregnant prior to an ultrasound to tell their kids another baby was on the way.  And regardless of whatever else about the series was scripted, the molar pregnancy clearly was for real and seemed awful for all of them.  I also thought Sharis seemed concerned for Vanessa in a way that I hope was not just for the show, but really as genuine as it looked.

Two, I laughed my ass off when Dmitri and Ashley met Jakira.  Dmitri looked like it was using every ounce of concentration he had to sit there and keep painting instead of running as fast as he could for the nearest exit, while Ashley was grinning from ear to ear.  And of course Ashley was all about Jakira - given that Dmitri is clearly attracted to thin, conventionally pretty women, bringing Jakira into the family as their sister "wife" would ensure Ashley's status as favorite (while she would clearly have been yesterday's news had Jocelyn worked out).  Honestly, I'll be shocked if those two are ever able to agree on someone, as long as they both have equal veto power (and good for Ashley for at least insisting on that as part of whatever "agreement" she and Dmitri have going in their relationship).

Three, I never could figure out the Brineys, except I know that Drew was such a simpering pansy that I actually wanted to cheer when he went off about April wanting to stay in Utah.  No opinion on whether he was right or wrong;  I was just excited to hear him have an opinion and express it in something other than a whimper.

Four, while it's true that the Brineys, Alldredges, and the Browns (from Sister Wives) were all "out" prior to being on tv, there is a difference in living in a certain way somewhat quietly and going on national tv shoving it in everyone's faces.  The latter also affects how the gov't/law enforcement act/respond towards the family once their public exposure increases.

----Till next season!!

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, SabineElisabeth said:

Two, I laughed my ass off when Dmitri and Ashley met Jakira.  Dmitri looked like it was using every ounce of concentration he had to sit there and keep painting instead of running as fast as he could for the nearest exit, while Ashley was grinning from ear to ear.  And of course Ashley was all about Jakira - given that Dmitri is clearly attracted to thin, conventionally pretty women, bringing Jakira into the family as their sister "wife" would ensure Ashley's status as favorite (while she would clearly have been yesterday's news had Jocelyn worked out).  Honestly, I'll be shocked if those two are ever able to agree on someone, as long as they both have equal veto power (and good for Ashley for at least insisting on that as part of whatever "agreement" she and Dmitri have going in their relationship).

This was truly the most laughable part of the series.  So phony.  My favorite was when Ashley wondered if Jakira would still be her "friend" if the sister-wife thing didn't work out.  Huh?  She wasn't really your friend to begin with.  She was some on-line acquaintance.  Did Jakira think she was going to get a meal ticket for her five kids by hooking up with the Snowdens?  If so, that was kind of delusional once we saw her body and knowing Dmitri's tendencies.  Interesting that he thought she was cute from the Skype sessions, so her body was obviously able to be hidden. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I believe everything about the Snowdens' escapades in this show were all scripted- but would be funny if Jakira was Ashley's revenge for Dimitri fucking that other skinny bitch, & Jakira was playing along, with white pants for emphasis.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 9

Melina would have been a total shit stirrer of a sister wife. She was already trying to turn the other sister wives on each other. And it was the first freaking time they met her!

Drew is a douche. 

• Love 12

Benjamin needs speech therapy, he’s developing the same enunciations as Auralee. 

Not sure when the THs were filmed, but there is one, during the packing scene, where Auralee is speaking very intentionally and her impediment is barely noticeable. “To be able to live in a place where I can claim my husband, and my children can call Drew dad, it’s kind of like a dream come true.”

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Meghzie said:

Not sure when the THs were filmed, but there is one, during the packing scene, where Auralee is speaking very intentionally and her impediment is barely noticeable. “To be able to live in a place where I can claim my husband, and my children can call Drew dad, it’s kind of like a dream come true.”

You mean she didn't say:  "To be aibow to wive in a pwace weh I can cwaim my husband, and my childwen can call Dwew dad, it's kind of like a dweam come twue?"  

• Love 3

Ashley has convinced herself that she’s searching for a plaything for Dimitri and herself.  But Dimitri is so damn superficial and basic that in actuality Ashley is searching for her replacement for when she gains 10lbs and looks tired from having 3 kids.  I can’t help myself from laughing at their segments because they think they are so intelligent but they are too stupid to live.

7CF19617-06D1-4C98-95DC-3D372D4DCF30.jpeg

• Love 12
7 hours ago, Kyanight said:

So explain to me again WHAT was so traumatizing about the situation?  Melina spent the time between blowing off the Alldredge family and finally coming out to meet them in figuring out where to dump the blame for her rude behavior.  "Oh it wasn't MY fault, it was VANESSA'S fault for not talking to me more on Skype".  Uh... right.   Don't let the door hit you where the good Lord split you, bitch.

It was that she hadn't made a "connection" with a married man she had never met :D  LOLOLOL. I have that same problem with men all over the world.  That's why I don't arrange visits with them and their wives.

• Love 14
34 minutes ago, princelina said:

It was that she hadn't made a "connection" with a married man she had never met :D  LOLOLOL. I have that same problem with men all over the world.  That's why I don't arrange visits with them and their wives.

Dying.   :)

• Love 3
(edited)

Oh my GOD, Dimitri. You have somehow made yourself look even WORSE.

I think I've postulated a theory re: why Ashley is willing to accept Dimitri's poonhounding under the guide of "enlightened living" or whatever woo bullshit they're peddling. I noticed this last episode that he made more than one sexual comment towards Ashley, all of which she brushed off. I wonder if Ashley isn't looking for some kind of "outlet" for Dimitri's enormous libido so he'll leave her the hell alone. And OF COURSE the "Snowdens" are going to continue with their search for hot ass for Dimitri...er, a sister wife. He wouldn't have it any other way.

Dimitri's all, "she's heavy, but I'm cool with that." How delightfully magnanimous, jackass. And you were so obviously lying.

What to say about the Brineys. I agree that it would've been selfish to refuse to move at the end, but did I hear Drew tell her she was being selfish just by having conflicted feelings about moving?! What a pathetic, cowardly bully. And watching Auralee and Angela gang up on her with those big, fake smiles, assuring her that they choose her...it's official. I hate every "adult" member of this family.

That "date" with Melina was excruciating. She couldn't have looked less interested in Jeff if she'd tried. (Not that I blame her.)

Edited by the-grey-lady
  • Love 13
24 minutes ago, the-grey-lady said:

That "date" with Melina was excruciating. She couldn't have looked less interested in Jeff if she'd tried. (Not that I blame her.)

The "date" was awful.  But to flip the coin - why would HE be interested in HER?  Ugh.   You can overlook the weight and mass-o-tats I suppose... but she's proving she's also not a very nice person INSIDE.   At least her face looked better.  It looked like she had gotten a dozen plungers full of Botox injected into her face the last time we saw her.  At least at the dinner date her face looked normal.

• Love 4