Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: Tamy Lyn's Story LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, dreadfulLeigh said:

I wonder why she couldn’t make it on her own with 2 kids. How much he helped support his damn kids?

Probably because with her health issues she couldn’t work OR care for herself. So even if he was paying regular child support who would take care of Tamy’s expenses for Tamy? 

I am not giving him a medal for taking care of his kids (he absolutely should be doing that), but taking care of Tamy when they were broken up, combined with how many men cut and run when a child has special needs indicates to me that he’s not evil and probably did care for her, want her to be safe etc. That doesn’t negate him being an enabler though. 

• Love 12

She can't function alone,  she's gonna do whatever she can to keep James with her,  guilt trip or whatever it takes.   He owes her nothing and clearly wants to move on.   Could have easily driven to Houston and left.   She's really fucked up and its not his fault. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Off topic, but that Maye Musk woman in the Cover Girl commercials is FABULOUS and I want to be just like her when I grow up. She’s stunning. Even my 12 year old daughter was exclaiming over how beautiful she is.

That's Elon Musk's mom!

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Off topic, but that Maye Musk woman in the Cover Girl commercials is FABULOUS and I want to be just like her when I grow up. She’s stunning. Even my 12 year old daughter was exclaiming over how beautiful she is.

Oooh!  She's Elon Musk's mother!

3 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Elon Musk's mom.  I think.

I may have missed it, but did Now run tests on Tamy to determine that was actually the problem or did he just intuit that was the issue?

And I hate to defend this guy yet again but James is really just trying to be helpful here and Tamy's just being a pain in the ass.

This might be the first time the person has lost all the weight before the surgery is ever approved. I’m in awe that she has kept to the program through all this. 

And I’m starting to see the other side of James. 

• Love 9

OMG! This isn't "all for nothing," sir. She's still losing weight—without the surgery! Frankly, she really doesn't need it if she adheres to the diet. Surgery to remove that extra stomach? Yes. 

10 minutes ago, Kid said:

I agree with that completely. He could’ve just moved in wirh his new woman and let her figure it out on her own.

I wonder what the new woman thinks of all this...

5 minutes ago, hoosiermom said:

I hope she gets that stomach skin removed before show is over.

I wanna know what it weighs!

2 minutes ago, poeticlicensed said:

She has lost enough weight that she should be able to drive. Which means she doesn't need james. 

I dunno...Can she drive with that stomach hanging down like that?

• Love 6
Just now, Azubah said:

Way better looking than Elon.

LOL, yes!   He's an odd-looking fella.

Maybe it's editing or my own experiences coloring my viewing experience, but I am really empathizing with James.  I feel he's gone above and beyond, isn't responsible for Tamy's predicament, and wouldn't be blamed by me if he went back home to KY.

• Love 9
1 minute ago, CouchTater said:

Maybe it's editing or my own experiences coloring my viewing experience, but I am really empathizing with James. 

Me, too! It seems like he became a better person towards Tamy after declaring his love for someone else. I don't doubt he still cares about Tamy as he could very easily have said, "Bye!" and let her go to Houston on her own.

She really stuck to the diet, I'm impressed! Good to see her smile! Does she need the WL surgery tho? Can't he just remove the big stomach thing?? I know she's dying to get rid of that thing. 

• Love 7

She blames her weight on her father passing and her mother going into a depression and not taking care of her.  However, she doesn't see her weight as impacting her ability to care for her kids.  I think she would have been better off without James taking her back.  She should have put on her put on her big girl panties (I know most of them don't wear underwear) and got on with life.  

She and James were living like roommates but normally roommates don't have to wash your privates.  

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Giant Misfit said:

Me, too! It seems like he became a better person towards Tamy after declaring his love for someone else. I don't doubt he still cares about Tamy as he could very easily have said, "Bye!" and let her go to Houston on her own.

That has kind of turned my opinion, too. I think he was just not seeing and end to it, and had been keeping his new life a secret to keep from derailing her. Both of them sucked at the relationship. But he’s a good guy for seeing this through, and keeping his promise. Even if he’s bitchy while doing it.

• Love 5
1 minute ago, mellowjoi said:

She blames her weight on her father passing and her mother going into a depression and not taking care of her.  However, she doesn't see her weight as impacting her ability to care for her kids.  I think she would have been better off without James taking her back.  She should have put on her put on her big girl panties (I know most of them don't wear underwear) and got on with life.  

She and James were living like roommates but normally roommates don't have to wash your privates.  

Panties, people! Don't forget the panties!

• Love 2

Its never going to be a good time for her to be on get own,  is it.   No job,  nothing to do,  I don't think she drives,  dependent on the ex who wants to get her in her own.   She still wants him, but it could be rather awkward if she came crawling back again and he had another woman......LOL 

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, CouchTater said:

LOL, yes!   He's an odd-looking fella.

Maybe it's editing or my own experiences coloring my viewing experience, but I am really empathizing with James.  I feel he's gone above and beyond, isn't responsible for Tamy's predicament, and wouldn't be blamed by me if he went back home to KY.

Wow. My take on James is entirely different. Well, except that I agree I wouldn’t blame him for returning to KY. They’d both have been better off if he had. 

• Love 3

Rooting for Tamy. I don't think she's cheated once. She and James have so much past history that we will never know about. Hope she continues her weight loss and each can go live their separate lives.

• Love 7

I think because she was so distraught from losing her father and having her mother not take care of her, she has this complex of always wanting someone to take care of her since no one else did when she was a child. But she's not a child anymore. I agree that she could definitely do this by herself, but she's got to fix her mind.

• Love 11
1 minute ago, jacksgirl said:

Rooting for Tamy.

Agreed. She's not an awful human being like Lisa and does have good self awareness. And might be the first person on this show this season to really adhere to a diet while in a non-hospital setting.

11 minutes ago, MrsRopersCaftan said:

Whaaa?! I had no idea. Then I DEFINITELY wanna be her when I grow up!

I just looked her up.   She is 69.  That make up makes look much older IMO.

• Love 3

OMG...how is that incision going to heal? The tension on those sutures has got to be profound. 

5 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

Wow. My take on James is entirely different. Well, except that I agree I wouldn’t blame him for returning to KY. They’d both have been better off if he had. 

Right?  I'm stunned that people are defending this man who walked out on his wife when she was in the midst of this huge life change.

5 minutes ago, jacksgirl said:

Rooting for Tamy. I don't think she's cheated once. She and James have so much past history that we will never know about. Hope she continues her weight loss and each can go live their separate lives.

I agree on both counts.  I hope she makes it, and I hope they separate.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Granny58 said:

I just looked her up.   She is 69.  That make up makes look much older IMO.

So Elon is six months older than me. Think she’d adopt me? I need a mom. 

I would have pegged her as a few years older than she is. Maybe it’s the silver hair. She’s still divine though!

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Miracle Maxie said:

I think it was always a toxic relationship and he blames his bipolar disorder much like she blames her weight. He was sleeping with her friend, she got pregnant and he was gracious enough to allow her to come back. I think he is very aware of the cameras and that his new lady friend will be watching. 

• Love 5