Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09: One Month Anniversaries

• Start Topic

52 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

Jon wouldn't have been as infatuated at first glance with Jacklyn as he was Molly but... he would soon learn that Jackie has the great family he longs for, is affection and lovely...plus he would be  getting plenty of between the sheets time with Jackie....

Jon would be so in love with Jackie he would have gone out and gotten a job within a week of getting back from Jamaica!

Actually leaving the couch and suiting up...

Jackie is the girl who will scuba, jump out of planes, travel the world with Jon.

Jackie is one of those wonderful gals who adapt to your friends, don't mind trying or doing what you like to do if you do the same for her, was an easy baby, is just a nice, friendly person that makes a good first impression and comes off as a gentle soul with open arms to greet you...

Shawniece also comes off the same but with a bit more crying....

Molly is defensive, closed off, insecure, delusional about her opinion of herself and is probably not as haughty and stuck up as she is coming off to be on the show.

I was thinking that Molly is the girl that most people would think was very pretty as first. Again, she tall, thin, and blonde which is pretty much our society's ideal (and believe me, I am none of those things). Jackie is attractive, but not conventionally as pretty as Molly,  The difference is Jackie is the type that gets better looking the more you know her, until you swear that she is kind of beautiful, mostly because of her personality and attitude. Molly, is the type that gets less attractive the more you get to know her, until you are kind of sick of her and her looks lose their positive influence on you.

It was funny to me when she talked about how Jon and her were simple people while standing in an Apple Orchard with a full face of makeup and her hair perfectly colored and ironed.  Rightly or wrongly, she considers Jon an immature scrub (to borrow a term from the nineties) and thinks she could do better.  I think he realizes he does not have a shot, but they are both being mature about finishing up their obligation to the show and collecting their stipends.

Meanwhile...what is with Jamie and the schmattes?  Shawls?  Seriously?  And the stringy mouse-brown hair?  She seems to have become one of those formerly hot girls who once she has a husband and a baby, lets herself go to hell.  I'm not saying she should be vain.  I'm no beauty and I never WAS vain.  But Jamie seemed to have a lot invested in being pretty and telegenic, so watching her turn into Granny from the Tweety Bird cartoons is kind of disconcerting.

As she is getting more mature and dropping the false reality show glamour veneer, she is really starting to resemble her mother.

• Love 7

The Petta-D'Amico snail kids...Mikey and Sammy with their fish sister Natalia....

Guess Jon and Molly could name a few apples before they ate them or let them rot in the picking bag...

The Unfiltereds have very little interaction between the cast because JO seems to be jabbering at all times....

You can catch the Unfiltereds ON Demand

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, humbleopinion said:

The Petta-D'Amico snail kids...Mikey and Sammy with their fish sister Natalia....

Guess Jon and Molly could name a few apples before they ate them or let them rot in the picking bag...

The Unfiltereds have very little interaction between the cast because JO seems to be jabbering at all times....

You can catch the Unfiltereds ON Demand

How is it that you know EVERYTHING ?????

(edited)
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

The yelling of we need proof of Life for Dr. Pepper on the podcast made me bust out laughing for real. Hilarious.

The podcast was like 10x better than the show this week. They really spun straw into gold.

But what I did see....Ryan and his buddy toasting each other.  Any chance Ryan bats from both sides of the plate?  Or do firemen just do this?  

Huh? I toast with my female friends when we go out all the time and it's not romantic. I'm obviously not privy to guys-only goings on, but two dudes going "Cheers!" conjures up literally nothing for me. I didn't even notice that they did it.

Edited by Empress1
  • Love 5
(edited)

It wasn't the toast itself but the way it was done, with that extra little twinkle in Ryan's eye as he looked across the table at his 'bud'...

Regardless, Ryan has no good reason to be out all night. This isn't a once in a while hang out & blow off steam- from what Jaclyn has said it's a habit. If he won't be there for his brand new stranger wife he probably won't be there for his 10+ years of marriage, 2.5 children & a dog, wife.

Edited by gonecrackers
  • Love 6
(edited)

I almost wish that, just for shits and giggles, they rotated pairings for a week. Just to see if all of the thoughts about who should have been matched up are correct. Honestly, I think Jon could have worked with any woman but Molly. I don't see any of the other dudes switching and making success. Jon is open and fun enough to grow with this project. I think Jephte and Ryan are too stuck in their ways to truly make this work long term. I think the women are pretty open as well minus Molly. Molly seems to be a instant match type person or she's out. Which is a terrible choice for a show like this.

Edited by Racj82
  • Love 8
54 minutes ago, Racj82 said:

I almost wish that, just for shits and giggles, they rotated pairings for a week. Just to see if all of the thoughts about who should have been matched up are correct. Honestly, I think Jon could have worked with any woman but Molly. I don't see any of the other dudes switching and making success. Jon is open and fun enough to grow with this project. I think Jephte and Ryan are too stuck in their ways to truly make this work long term. I think the women are pretty open as well minus Molly. Molly seems to be a instant match type person or she's out. Which is a terrible choice for a show like this.

Yeah, put Molly with Ryan.   ha ha.  Can you imagine?

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, Gem 10 said:

Yeah, put Molly with Ryan.   ha ha.  Can you imagine?

It would be great TV. But, the cringe! Could you imagine the seduction episode. Shitty red wig vs barf inducing half naked Ryan! At the very least, everyone would be onboard with her just wanting to surf social media every night.

• Love 6
(edited)
23 hours ago, 2727 said:

He couldn't stop running down Shawniece's gifts to him! She doesn't really know him well yet so she gave him ... things he needs and likes. WTF.

21 hours ago, Gobears said:

Yes, it was pretty insensitive. If he treats her like this now, I can see these comments getting progressively more passive-aggressive over the years (if they last that long).

I didn't see that as running her down at all - just old Jephte stating the facts.  I thought he seemed appreciative that she was trying to please him even though she didn't know him well.

14 hours ago, Booger666 said:

Plus he is a heavy gamer and plays a lot of paintball.  He makes so little time for Jaclyn I’m starting to think he doesn’t like her and is adding drinking with friends to his schedule as a way to avoid her.

Do we know this to be true, or was it just a throwaway line in one episode that has taken on the veneer of gospel?

13 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Didn't Jacklyn say that he went out at 11pm?  Also, she said he is gone two other nights a week because of his other job. I could see a couple of drinks at happy hour or something like that but to wait until 11 pm to hit the bars. No bueno. 

13 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The camera crew was out on the town with Ryan and his buddy at the bar so it was heavily producer staged with a cut away of Jackie forlornly folding laundry with her teddy bear at home...

Cue the violins.....

I found that whole thing to be bizarre - he works all hours of the day and/or night, then decides at 11pm that he needs to ask to go out?  Which puts him in bar with friends around midnight?  In a freshly pressed Oxford, no less?  Something smells fishy here.

8 hours ago, silverspoons said:

Did the experts miss this? Jackie says she was a school teacher but changed jobs to work for an education company to have a 9-5 job. She obviously really values the 9-5 work hours. Lets say Ryan wasn't into paintball and gaming, the fireman 24 hour shifts is a hard match with some who changed their profession to get a 9-5 lifestyle. 

She changed from a 7-3 job to a 9-5 job?  I get your point - she likes a regular schedule - but I guess I missed this about her.  Something fishy with that story too, IMO.

Edited by princelina
40 minutes ago, princelina said:

She changed from a 7-3 job to a 9-5 job?  I get your point - she likes a regular schedule - but I guess I missed this about her.  Something fishy with that story too, IMO.

Teachers don't work 7-3. They spend a lot of time in the evenings and on weekends lesson planning and grading. 

• Love 12
4 hours ago, Neurochick said:

If two women toasted each other with a glass of wine, would people think they were in a relationship?

I didn’t know two people of the same sex couldn’t toast each other without thinking they were a couple.  Good to know.

I don’t automatically feel that way about it being men. Ryan just had a certain look on his face during that scene.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

Jep & Shawnice will make it if he's sincere.  Another couple that did a turn around in one week.  What the hell is going on with this show?  One day they hate each other, the next day they are lovey dovey.  WTF?

It's like clockwork!  The 4 week mark is the time this show makes every couple look like everything is wonderful between them even when it's so NOT!  It happens every season.  We have to suffer through 3 weeks of mind-numbing episodes all at the month mark, where we are forced to follow them around doing producer driven fake "dates" and fake gift giving.   Then it's back to blow-ups and crying sessions leading up to the inevitable couple that separates, and it's a cliff hanger to the very end as to whether they'll get back together before "decision day".

• Love 5
(edited)

Wasn't it dumb when the show gave us recap montages of each couple's relationships so far? We remember what happened, no need to remind us.

I think this show goes on for way too long. It started the same week as "The Bachelor", but while that show had its finale last night, we probably have another 6 or 7 episodes to go...We've been watching for 9 weeks but the couples have only been married for 1 month. That means each episode only covers about 1/2 week. 

Edited by Gobears
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Racj82 said:

I totally agree about Molly.  She acts very immature and stuck up.  Jon has a point about how they should be farther along.  He said nothing disrespectful to her at all but she got all defensive at his comparison to her threesome story with the "how dare you" crap.   The guy had a point - she just didn't like it that he called her on her shit.  She needs to get over herself.  Jon is the holy grail for a lot of women.  He has alpha male looks but he's not a douchebro like Ryan is.  Ryan is still stuck in his bachelor mentality while Jon has shown more mature qualities.  He is too good for Molly!

To all those that thought Jon would match well with Shawniece, I liked their energy together on "Unfiltered".  They could laugh together and Shawniece would have no problem putting on a red wig once in a while for him, too.  I saw his face as he watched the stripper pole scene with Shawniece and Jephte and I really think he loved it!  She is a genuinely nice person and would bring out a nice side of Jon.  

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, Gobears said:

Wasn't it dumb when the show gave us recap montages of each couple's relationships so far? We remember what happened, no need to remind us.

I think this show goes on for way too long. It started the same week as "The Bachelor", but while that show had its finale last night, we probably have another 6 or 7 episodes to go...We've been watching for 9 weeks but the couples have only been married for 1 month. That means each episode only covers about 1/2 week. 

These people are so dull that 3-5 days only yields ~20 minutes of boring TV per couple.  How can people be this sorry...

Put me on TV, even saddle me with Molly and I'd STILL be entertaining.  I'd do cool things, pick the best fights, issue the best zingers - I'd have fun with it!  These people sicken me.  

• Love 5
21 hours ago, NoWhammies said:

I love how Molly truly seems to believe the normal everyday life shit she does with Jon is "adventurous." How mundane must her life have been before all of this?

I think Molly hasn't grown up yet.  I know she went to college, but in her mind she's still in her teens mentally with the outbursts, defensiveness and selfish.  She is an adult spoiled brat.  And, I don't like the way she talks "at" Jon, not "to" him like she's superior.  One minute she's lecturing him .. The other, she's halfway nice.  The guy who winds up with her will have his hands full.  While I'm bashing, what's with her posture.  She walks hunched over.  Unless she had or has a physical problem.    Then, I take it back.

• Love 6
On 3/7/2018 at 6:32 AM, kira28 said:

Ryan and Jackie are doomed. Ryan doesn't want a partner he wants a woman to fit perfectly into his life and not upset his routine. Even when you are firsr dating someone thr guy goes out of his way to spend alot of time with you.  Even  for their one month anniversary he treated Jacqueline like an afterthought. Heres a gift card and lets go do something I like to do. Dude if you are 30 years old and you see high school as your glory days you are kind of a loser. He does not appreciate his wife and won't compromise to make time for her. 

ding ding ding!! This is most of the problem with Ryan. He's way past his peak.

• Love 3
14 hours ago, Gobears said:

Teachers don't work 7-3. They spend a lot of time in the evenings and on weekends lesson planning and grading. 

Right - sounds like she wanted a job that she could leave at the office at the end of the day. Ryan isn’t that guy, given how many jobs he has and that he has no interest in cutting back. I’ve seen this play out before and it typically doesn’t work out.

• Love 3

I’m in agreement, this episode was boring! I felt like Molly and Jon have made their decision to grit this teeth and fake niceness until the inevitable end. Jaclyn and Ryan are sad. She seems so truly in and he seems so superficially in. It’s not the same. Shawneice and her crying are making me want to take back some of the meaner things I said about Jephte. It’s not just how easily and often she cries, I do that, is the volume and the wailing edge to it. Can you imagine if Jephte ever gave her some nice jewelry. The whole block would rattle from the wailing. Out of all these people I think Jaclyn is the only one I’d like to see again. A MAFS do over perhaps. 

• Love 6

The editing on this show sucks. Last week Molly & Jon were ready to kill each other and this week they're all nice again going apple picking. Same thing with Jephte's total 180.

I agree this episode was boring. I feel like they are just dragging it out at this point.

Regarding Jamie Otis- they need to find a better host and I don't like her new hair color. She looked better with lighter hair.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Gobears said:

Except they really don't.  And any teacher who does after the first few years has incredibly poor time management skills.  I say this as a 25 year teacher.  And I was one who would stay late to grade English papers sometimes - there might be 2-3 of us plus the janitor.  And I would still have beaten a 9-5 person home.

3 hours ago, ramble said:

I’m in agreement, this episode was boring! I felt like Molly and Jon have made their decision to grit this teeth and fake niceness until the inevitable end. 

I thought it looked like Jon was taking our advice - play nice until the show ends and let the rest of Boston's ladies see what a great catch he is!

• Love 2
(edited)
18 minutes ago, princelina said:

Except they really don't.  And any teacher who does after the first few years has incredibly poor time management skills.  I say this as a 25 year teacher.  And I was one who would stay late to grade English papers sometimes - there might be 2-3 of us plus the janitor.  And I would still have beaten a 9-5 person home.

I thought it looked like Jon was taking our advice - play nice until the show ends and let the rest of Boston's ladies see what a great catch he is!

Well, Jaclyn is only in her 20s so she would have only been teaching for a few years. I'm in my 20s too and I'm just basing the evening/weekend thing on my teacher friends who are about the same age. 

Edited by Gobears
(edited)
11 minutes ago, Gobears said:

Well, Jaclyn is only in her 20s so she would have only been teaching for a few years. I'm in my 20s too and I'm just basing the evening/weekend thing on my teacher friends who are about the same age. 

True!  She should have stuck it out :)

Edited by princelina
(edited)
21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

It wasn't the toast itself but the way it was done, with that extra little twinkle in Ryan's eye as he looked across the table at his 'bud'...

What?

The thing with Ryan and Jacklyn is there are different expectations today.  Generations ago men worked longer hours a day, sometimes six days a week, plus it was a lot harder to be a housewife.  Men and women might not have expected to be together; men and women might not have expected to be each other's everything.

I watch the TV show Deadliest Catch and from what I have seen through the years, being married to a commercial fisherman isn't easy, not every woman can do it; however many do, but these women know exactly what they're getting into before they get married.  The problem with Ryan and Jaclyn is they did get "married at first sight" (see, I can work the title of the show into casual conversation too) and didn't really get a chance to talk about this before the wedding. 

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Lusterleaf said:

The editing on this show sucks. Last week Molly & Jon were ready to kill each other and this week they're all nice again going apple picking.

Could they be showing things out of order?  Maybe that fight last week actually happens between them after this month anniversary episode, but they showed it out of order.

• Love 2
31 minutes ago, Neurochick said:
21 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

What?

The thing with Ryan and Jacklyn is there are different expectations today.  Generations ago men worked longer hours a day, sometimes six days a week, plus it was a lot harder to be a housewife.  Men and women might not have expected to be together; men and women might not have expected to be each other's everything.

I watch the TV show Deadliest Catch and from what I have seen through the years, being married to a commercial fisherman isn't easy, not every woman can do it; however many do, but these women know exactly what they're getting into before they get married.  The problem with Ryan and Jaclyn is they did get "married at first sight" (see, I can work the title of the show into casual conversation too) and didn't really get a chance to talk about this before the wedding. 

Attempt at humor at Ryan's expense, because he irritates me & it's a show & this is a board where we can snark on Reality Show people...

We don't know what, if anything, Jaclyn told the 'experts' she preferred in terms of a husband's work life, but this is not his work hours she's lamenting. Everything is all about what pleases Ryan, what Ryan wants to do, when Ryan wants to do it.

She probably didn't expect to rate so low on her husband's scale of interests.

• Love 7

Agreed.

Jackie doesn't want to get a phone call at 11pm with Ryan telling her he's going to go have a few drinks with friends, she wants him rushing home to her so they can spend time together.

4 weeks in and there is no interruption in his life as he juggles his work schedule, paintball practice, construction jobs, landlord duties, plus the hours of gaming he enjoys...

Jackie is expected to accept that this is Ryan and he won't change...

Hope she will call bull sh!t on her being the lowest priority and confront him.

If he doesn't want to be home or out with her because he has other things he'd rather do with his time then she is not the wife for him.

Ryan is not a bad guy, he's just not the guy for Jackie. He will make someone a great husband but it probably isn't Jackie.

She wants a man who wants to be present in her life... when not at work or tending to his responsibilities.

The showdown...Ryan choosing between his hobbies versus spending time with Jackie.

I can imagine Ryan coming home from work...unable to sit still at home to have a glass of wine and talk with his wife but instead... fidgeting, his knees bouncing up and down and saying to Jackie...Well...I'm here....jonesing to pick up his gaming  control...Jackie seeing how exasperated and uncomfortable he is and tells him to go ahead and play his video games, while she goes to bed.

Jackie will just have to walk away from Ryan because she deserves someone who wants to be with her, to put in the time to know her...

• Love 13

I disagree.  It’s not that Ryan doesn’t want Jaclyn, it’s that they want different things.  Ryan might be happy with a wife who has her own interests and doesn’t need to be joined at the hip with someone.  I know couples who like different TV shows, so they don’t watch TV together.  I used to know another couple where the husband hated to watch TV alone,so his wife always watched TV with him.  

It’s not about judgement, they just want different things.  No one is the bad person here.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I disagree.  It’s not that Ryan doesn’t want Jaclyn, it’s that they want different things.  Ryan might be happy with a wife who has her own interests and doesn’t need to be joined at the hip with someone.  I know couples who like different TV shows, so they don’t watch TV together.  I used to know another couple where the husband hated to watch TV alone,so his wife always watched TV with him.  

It’s not about judgement, they just want different things.  No one is the bad person here.

Perhaps, but how many people in their first month of a relationship make a firm effort to not make any interruptions in their former single lifestyle on behalf of the new relationship?  Most people I've known, even if they do end up being pretty independent later, start out with a lot more togetherness.  My husband and I are like that now but at first we spent more time together.

Even Jon, on unfiltered said he put stuff like that on hold for the sake of putting his all into the new relationship.  Once again, Jon says something I agree with.

People usually spend less time together as a relationship progresses, so if they're going out of the starting gate at only a few nights a week together, that's not a good omen, in my opinion.  I would not see anything wrong with it if they were married for a few years already and in that case Jackie might not be so bothered by it.  But only a few weeks in, I can understand how she feels.

But anyway, I call BS on the last minute calls that he just has to go out with his bros late at night.  WTF?  I don't know any woman, even in a dating relationship that would feel good about that kind of behavior, especially so early in their relationship.

• Love 9
On 3/7/2018 at 9:43 AM, 2727 said:

I am not on Ryan's side at all, but Jackie needs to stop sleeping with a shitting stuffed animal.

But these are all the stuffed animals her former (dead) boyfriend gave her. Tear.

On 3/7/2018 at 10:30 AM, NoWhammies said:

I love how Molly truly seems to believe the normal everyday life shit she does with Jon is "adventurous." How mundane must her life have been before all of this?

She's "the life of the party, y'all."

Weekly blow-outs, manicures, apple-picking, and baking....woo-hoo!

On 3/7/2018 at 2:02 PM, LakeGal said:

Does Molly understand she needs to have sex with Jon to have all these babies she is expecting?

Oh, Molly knows. It fits right into her equation. 

O feelings + 0 sex = 0 babies

On 3/7/2018 at 5:51 PM, Gem 10 said:

My huzzzzband said to me that Jon should have been matched with Jaclyn.  He's so right.  The guy is suffering .. he's so unhappy.  Molly is a horror.   Actually, Jon should dump Molly and Jaclyn should dump Ryan and then get together.  That would be something.

You expect Jon to get with Ms. 7.5 Ring size? Gasp!

3 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Attempt at humor at Ryan's expense, because he irritates me & it's a show & this is a board where we can snark on Reality Show people...

We don't know what, if anything, Jaclyn told the 'experts' she preferred in terms of a husband's work life, but this is not his work hours she's lamenting. Everything is all about what pleases Ryan, what Ryan wants to do, when Ryan wants to do it.

Ryan and his friend at the bar looked odd because it was not what I was expecting to see. I expected to see him with a group of buddies at a sports bar drinking it up, laughing, playing pool, or whatnot. Instead we get Ryan sitting with a man at a secluded table for two, lifting their wine glasses in a toast.

• Love 11
5 hours ago, gonecrackers said:

Agreed.  Who gives a shit about Ryan and what he does.    The point here is this is a thread where we all can express our opinions without backlash.  There is no right or wrong.  This is exactly why so many people leave this thread.  Everyone should just enjoy the compliments and snarks.  It's not all that serious.  This is supposed to be enjoyment, not bickering..  Geeze !

• Love 9

My snarky hat and snarky pants shield me from overly harsh blow back...Agree/disagree ...it's all in fun....

That said...

What do you think is in Jephte's phone that Shawniece says he and God need to get right?...

Looks like he is deleting and scrubbing his phone before he lets Shawniece have it as a couples' exercise.

Think it will show he calls his Momma 20 times /day and/or all his side gfs hitting his phone during the day with naked pics and sexting....

• Love 2

Yes .. I love snarks, it blows off steam.

i don't get why the couples have to change phones.  I feel that's personal.  I wouldn't like my huzzzzband going thru my phone.  Thankfully, he doesn't own one, and doesn't know how to use mine.  Next, they'll be going through each other's wallets too.  I think writers are running out of exercises.    Happy snarking.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Gem 10 said:

I think writers are running out of exercises.

Definitely.

2 hours ago, humbleopinion said:

The high road would be...I respect your privacy and will decline to look through your phone even though you offered and the producers want us to over react with faux jealousy and outrage...but thanks anyway...

Taking the high road is not in the contract.

• Love 4

Seriously, who wouldn't scrub their phone leading up to the wedding?  You make a full backup - takes 5 or 10 minutes - then delete anything crazy (nude pics, dating apps, browser history, texts or even restore it to factory presets then import only important contacts).  If things don't work out, you restore from the previous copy.

If I'm going to be on TV, I'd do the same thing with my tablet, laptop, desktops and detach my NAS and keep it in a safe until the show is done.  But, I have more fun than these people and have a lot more to hide.

• Love 2

I wonder if the producers are disappointed with this season. All the couples are just so dull. They do not seem properly matched at all. Like someone said upthread, if these folks were dating, none of them would make it to an engagement. 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ChristmasJones said:

I wonder if the producers are disappointed with this season. All the couples are just so dull. They do not seem properly matched at all. Like someone said upthread, if these folks were dating, none of them would make it to an engagement. 

If these folks were dating, none of them would make it to a second date.

• Love 3

I don't think that Jaclyn and Jon would make a good match. He would probably prefer someone with smaller fingers.... if anyone recalls he made fun of Ryan for his fiance having size 8 ring size ... He seems to me like the kind of guy who only dates floozy looking girls, and then wonders why he had trouble finding a quality woman. I do see Jon as superficial who would prioritize an airheaded woman who dresses stylishly over a deeper woman who doesn't. From what I see the only reason it isn't working out between him and Molly is Molly's refusal to let her guard down, ever. 

Edited by Lily247
  • Love 4
20 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I see this viewpoint as well. I have a good friend who once she began dating her current husband, they would spend every weekend together alone, losing contact with friends, doing everything together, also heavily involved in his work life as well. I only hear from her when they have had an argument, which is pretty easy to understand by how much time they spend together. My marriage would resemble Ryan and Jaclyn's more, we both have our own interests, our own sets of friends whom we regularly hang out with, etc. He works odd hours so if he is home when dinner is on the table we will eat as a family but if not I won't make the kids wait late for him. I have a hard time understanding relationships where the spouse is your best friend and your everything. I have a best friend who is NOT my husband and he has a close circle of friends whom he regularly hangs with. We do spend time together as a family but its def not every waking moment. ... we would get bored of each other

• Love 4

Maybe this should be addressed before the couples are matched?  Like “do you need a lot of attention, are you frigid, do you like cats, do you need to be the boss, what financial situation are you looking for, do you have a job, two jobs, did  you know that this will be a legally  binding marriage to a stranger? You know dumb stuff like that. Of course the fact that a camera crew will be hanging out with you and producers will goad you into drama probably isn’t addressed either?

• Love 2
On ‎3‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, Racj82 said:

Marriage at one month shouldn't be this boring. 

Molly is not a human being. She is a robot. 

I just got preoccupied wondering how she was able to deal with pie dough with those talons she's sporting on her fingers.

• Love 2

How should the couples be matched?

A chicken is fed some grain then walks on a drawn grid with the  grooms' names in the boxes...where the chicken takes a dump is Groom #1.

Chicken is fed some more and walks on a grid of names of the Brides, lets loose a dump on a square... revealing the name of the Bride for Couple #1.

Rinse, repeat.

Rinse  repeat.

Edited by humbleopinion
  • Love 1
On ‎3‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 6:10 AM, Lily247 said:

I didnt watch the episode.... but I was wondering why some feel it is so bad for him to go out for beers with his friends. Its good to get "guy time" on a regular basis just like the wife should have  "girl time" and not depend on your partner to be your end-all and best friend on top of spouse. I know couples that simply don't know how to socialize unless they are both together, and having time separately with your own friends is very refreshing when you are married, for both partners. 

There's nothing wrong with guy and girl time, but 3 to 4 nights a week is excessive when you're married.  This isn't like "hey honey I'm going out with some work friends for a beer, I'll be home a little later" every so often.  This is a guy who is now married who isn't willing to change any aspect of his very busy, very social single life.

Edited by lezlers
  • Love 8