Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Psychopathia Sexualis

5 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Wonder how many times John will get pistol-whipped, kidnapped, drunk, or kidnapped in this episode? Cyrus needs to follow him around to help him safe. 

I am going to make a bold prediction and say none! There's only so much they can torture a character without it becoming ridiculous. 

• Love 1

FUCCCKKKKKK!  GOD DAMN!  NOOOOOOOOOOO!   

I'll be back once I process.  

ETA:  Ok.  Whew.  Still stunned.  I feel so bad for dear, sweet, HAPPY Mary.  Laszlo is going to lose his shit.  The smile on Mary's face and the smile (!) on Dr K's face at the beginning of the episode were so sweet.  I should have known it wasn't going to be ok.  I literally screamed at the tv. 

I loved the little hen session Dr. K and John had in the woods about the ladies of their hearts.  I like the things this show turns on its head.  Usually this is the type of conversation reserved for women, so I love the men having the conversation.   

This show is so beautifully filmed.  All the scenery outside of NY in Washington, on the train, and in the "west" were gorgeous.  

Sara continues to be the smartest person on this show.  

RIP, Mary.  I'm sorry you couldn't enjoy your happiness.  I hope Conner dies nice and slow.  Asshole. 

Edited by TrininisaScorp
  • Sad 1
  • Love 22

Oh, Mary!  You deserved more and better, and you were about to find it with Kriezsler.  Poor Mary.  And poor Kriezler, when he finds this out.

Moore is this show's punching bag.  He's been beaten, robbed, roofied, humiliated, and possibly raped.  What's next?

So Esther has a baby?  Is she married?  Where is this B storyline going?

Eric Johnson, Gallinger from The Knick, in the same era but a very different role as Beecham's commanding officer.  It sounds like Beecham was one hell of a disturbed buy.

What is Byrnes covering up?  Am I still missing something?

If The Alienist returns for a second season, my guess is that Sara will become NYC's first female police officer.  It makes sense given the era - the first female police officer in the US started with the Chicago PD in 1891.

• Sad 1
  • Love 7

Byrnes just wants the NYPD to solve the case, he feels threatened by Kriezler and company.

I'm going to put this behind a spoiler tag, though it's not a spoiler since it happened in this episode, but just a difference between the show and the novel.

Spoiler

I feel it was an interesting choice to make Mary a WOC, since in the book she's not, in fact in the book they talk about her "beautiful green eyes" (or maybe they were blue).  I didn't mind it at all and it made that last scene even more rage inducing, and made Conner more of an asshole than he is in the book.

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, eejm said:

So Esther has a baby?  Is she married?  Where is this B storyline going?

Eric Johnson, Gallinger from The Knick, in the same era but a very different role as Beecham's commanding officer.  It sounds like Beecham was one hell of a disturbed buy.

It's been so long, I forgot who Esther was and why we should care about her.  Or have we even seen her before?  I don't like it when subplots are thrown in late in the game.

I was also a little confused because a lot of information was thrown at us in the last 20 minutes or so.  Is Beecham the guy whose family was massacred?  Or was Beecham the guy who raped the guy whose family was massacred? 

• Love 4

Wow, I did not see that coming. Should have guessed it since Laszlo was so happy, and no one can seem to be happy for too long on this show. I bet Laszlo goes right back to how he was before. Emotionally closed off. I loved that Mary grabbed the knife and went after Connor when she could have ran out of the house. Although in the end, it wasn't a smart move.

John is too pure for this world. Him thinking that Laszlo was in love with Sara, but being a total stand up guy about it was great. I wonder if he'll ever actually find out what really happened between them though?

I loved all the new sets and scenery in this episode. So cinematic! And they had some really good guest stars too. 

I can't believe there are only 2 episodes left!

• Sad 1
  • Love 10
2 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

I was also a little confused because a lot of information was thrown at us in the last 20 minutes or so.  Is Beecham the guy whose family was massacred?  Or was Beecham the guy who raped the guy whose family was massacred? 

George Beecham was the man who raped Japheth.  The soldier's name was John Beecham.  The suggestion is that Japheth Dury wasn't kidnapped by Indians at all, and that he assumed the name John Beecham, the name of the man who raped him; he became the perpetrator instead of the victim.

• Love 22
19 minutes ago, 88Keys said:

It's been so long, I forgot who Esther was and why we should care about her.  Or have we even seen her before?  I don't like it when subplots are thrown in late in the game.

We've seen Esther a few times. She and Marcus met at a rally, and had sex. Then they were shown having sex again later, right next to another sleeping woman and a baby, who I guess we now know is Esther's baby. She also had dinner with Marcus, Lucius, and their mother.

The killer took the name of his molester, Beecham.

Edited by pezgirl7
  • Love 5

I purposely made an account just so I could say NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Regarding Mary. I'm so upset she had to die. I thought maybe she'd kill Conner, then that would cause all new issues, not that her death won't cause issues for Laszlo. I'm going to miss this series when it's over in 2 weeks. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 12
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

George Beecham was the man who raped Japheth.  The soldier's name was John Beecham.  The suggestion is that Japheth Dury wasn't kidnapped by Indians at all, and that he assumed the name John Beecham, the name of the man who raped him; he became the perpetrator instead of the victim.

Thank you.  I missed the suggestion that the boy was kidnapped- I thought they said he and his parents were killed.

6 minutes ago, pezgirl7 said:

We've seen Esther a few times. She and Marcus met at a rally, and had sex. Then they were shown having sex again later, right next to another sleeping woman and a baby, who I guess we now know is Esther's baby. She also had dinner with Marcus, Lucius, and their mother.

The killer took the name of his molester, Beecham.

Again, thanks.  I remember all those scenes, but I didn't catch her name.  

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

I’m confused too. So is George the one who Japheth killed after George raped him? Are John Beecham and Japheth the same person? Were George and John brothers? 

RIP poor Mary. That last scene of her laying on the floor with open eyes was heartbreaking. I wonder where Ezra was? 

• Love 4
On 3/12/2018 at 10:24 PM, WednesdayAddams said:

I purposely made an account just so I could say NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! Regarding Mary. I'm so upset she had to die. I thought maybe she'd kill Conner, then that would cause all new issues, not that her death won't cause issues for Laszlo. I'm going to miss this series when it's over in 2 weeks. 

I yelled at Mary and the tv. Mary for not running away and the tv just because. Heavens knows how Dr K will react. John also, I think he was fond of her and was very happy for the both of them.

I agree about missing this show, will miss these characters so much. I might even read the book!

Edited by Reality police
Spelling
  • Love 6

George raped Japheth.

Japheth probably killed George.

Japheth took the name John Beechem probably because he no longer wanted to be a victim.

It was assumed that Japheth was kidnapped by Indians because the parents were killed and no one knew where Japheth was.

Japheth probably killed the parents, as the woman who talked to Sara suggested.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 16
4 minutes ago, Neurochick said:

George raped Japheth.

Japheth took the name John Beechem probably because he no longer wanted to be a victim.

Japheth probably killed the parents, as the woman who talked to Sara suggested.

I think you put it succinctly. That was hard to follow tonight. Thank you.

• Love 4

I know we learned a lot of details about a lot of things but I forgot everything the second Mary went over that balcony.

Damn you, Connor. You can't die fast enough or horribly enough. 

• Love 14

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was brutal, cruel, and horrifying. And knowing that it was coming all along did not make it at all easier to watch. 

The writer clearly wanted this to break our hearts, and oh boy, did they deliver. Seeing Mary's terror and anger; watching her fight with courage and spirit against a man twice her size; the brutality of the fall itself-- not just showing her ambiguously falling down as is customary on TV, but witnessing (and hearing) her body fall and crack on the chandelier; and then, cruelest of all, that last shot of her shocked, lifeless face. My God, writers. That was cruel. If your intention was to make 95 percent of viewers break down in tears, then you have succeeded brilliantly. 

And Mary's fate comes across as even crueler when considered in the context of her entire life.  First she suffers a childhood full of abuse, and can only escape by killing her abuser. She then goes on to spend the next ten years working for Kreitzler, experiencing loneliness  and suffering from what (she believes) is a hopeless, unrequited love for her employer. And then she experiences the intoxicating joy of getting what she has always wanted most in the world...  only to get killed (literally) two days later. Jesus Christ, the poor girl lived a Greek Tragedy. 

Everything else seems minor, but some other observations:
--So... Connor has a family? Whom, apparently, he neglects and bullies. What a guy! (Seriously, I marvel at how the writers managed to give this guy every vile quality humanly possible, without turning him into a total caricature or cartoon villain.) 

--The Issacson's subplot seems... a little bit pointless. So... Ester's a single mom? I sympathize with her plight, yet we've seen so little of this character outside of 2 random sex scenes that my reaction is less "Oh, poor dear" and more "Umm... okay... but why are you even telling me this?" Also, whether Marcus professes his love, breaks it off, or steps up and marries her, it adds very little to the plot or to the development of any significant characters.

Don't get me wrong, it was great to get more of the Issacson's-- I particularly liked their scenes on the train with the Native Americans-- but of all the subplots they could have given them, why did they stick them with a generic "guy hooks up with girl, his feelings deepen, he denies it for a few episodes, then ultimately confesses his love to her?" I would have rather seen the Isaacson's deal with anti-semitism, or being the only Jews in the Police Department, or their struggles with poverty. Still, I enjoyed their scenes on the train and with the captain. 

--Eliza was awesome. I want Sarah to bring her back to New York City with her. Eliza of New Paltz deciding to randomly leave her life and travel to New York City with a near stranger (not to mention Sarah suddenly taking Eliza home) would make next to no sense on any level; but oh, it would be worth it to see the looks on the men's faces when we get to witness Eliza best them in riding, climbing, and general badassery! I loved the look on Sarah's face when Eliza declared, "Why shouldn't I?" I don't think we've ever seen her look so impressed throughout the course of the show. 

--On second thought, can we get a Sarah and Eliza spinoff, in which the two trek across the country solving mysteries, with Sarah providing the brains, Eliza the muscle? And John Schyler Moore occasionally showing up so he can get kidnapped and the girls can go and rescue him? I'd watch it. 

--That "friend" of Roosevelt's was so comically awful. Best lines, "That there is what most men do their thinking with! And I don't mean their brains." And entreating John to go out for chops while John is in the midst of looking at brutal war crime photos. This guy needs to come to NYC and hook up with Connor. They'd be ideal besties. 

Edited by Hazel55
  • Love 14
23 minutes ago, Hazel55 said:

NOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was brutal, cruel, and horrifying. And knowing that it was coming all along did not make it at all easier to watch. 

The writer clearly wanted this to break our hearts, and oh boy, did they deliver. Seeing Mary's terror and anger; watching her fight with courage and spirit against a man twice her size; the brutality of the fall itself-- not just showing her ambiguously falling down as is customary on TV, but witnessing (and hearing) her body fall and crack on the chandelier; and then, cruelest of all, that last shot of her shocked, lifeless face. My God, writers. That was cruel. If your intention was to make 95 percent of viewers break down in tears, then you have succeeded brilliantly. 

And Mary's fate comes across as even crueler when considered in the context of her entire life.  First she suffers a childhood full of abuse, and can only escape by killing her abuser. She then goes on to spend the next ten years working for Kreitzler, experiencing loneliness  and suffering from what (she believes) is a hopeless, unrequited love for her employer. And then she experiences the intoxicating joy of getting what she has always wanted most in the world...  only to get killed (literally) two days later. Jesus Christ, the poor girl lived a Greek Tragedy. 

Everything else seems minor, but some other observations:
--So... Connor has a family? Whom, apparently, he neglects and bullies. What a guy! (Seriously, I marvel at how the writers managed to give this guy every vile quality humanly possible, without turning him into a total caricature or cartoon villain.) 

--The Issacson's subplot seems... a little bit pointless. So... Ester's a single mom? I sympathize with her plight, yet we've seen so little of this character outside of 2 random sex scenes that my reaction is less "Oh, poor dear" and more "Umm... okay... but why are you even telling me this?" Also, whether Marcus professes his love, breaks it off, or steps up and marries her, it adds very little to the plot or to the development of any significant characters.

Don't get me wrong, it was great to get more of the Issacson's-- I particularly liked their scenes on the train with the Native Americans-- but of all the subplots they could have given them, why did they stick them with a generic "guy hooks up with girl, his feelings deepen, he denies it for a few episodes, then ultimately confesses his love to her?" I would have rather seen the Isaacson's deal with anti-semitism, or being the only Jews in the Police Department, or their struggles with poverty. Still, I enjoyed their scenes on the train and with the captain. 

--Eliza was awesome. I want Sarah to bring her back to New York City with her. Eliza of New Paltz deciding to randomly leave her life and travel to New York City with a near stranger (not to mention Sarah suddenly taking Eliza home) would make next to no sense on any level; but oh, it would be worth it to see the looks on the men's faces when we get to witness Eliza best them in riding, climbing, and general badassery! I loved the look on Sarah's face when Eliza declared, "Why shouldn't I?" I don't think we've ever seen her look so impressed throughout the course of the show. 

--On second thought, can we get a Sarah and Eliza spinoff, in which the two trek across the country solving mysteries, with Sarah providing the brains, Eliza the muscle? And John Schyler Moore occasionally showing up so he can get kidnapped and the girls can go and rescue him? I'd watch it. 

--That "friend" of Roosevelt's was so comically awful. Best lines, "That there is what most men do their thinking with! And I don't mean their brains." And entreating John to go out for chops while John is in the midst of looking at brutal war crime photos. This guy needs to come to NYC and hook up with Connor. They'd be ideal besties. 

Yes to everything! The traveling detective show with Sara and Elisa would be great! John definitely needs to come along. He could work on a travel book of his drawings.

• Love 1

Like I said, poor poor Mary. When she managed to stab Conner, than I thought she might get out of this alright, but when then it was not meant to be. Poor Mary, and poor Laszlo. He is going to be even more of a mess than he usually is. They were so happy to be together! Laszlo was actually smiling into the distance!

The music on this show is so good. Its super intense, but not overpowering. It allows even scenes of people just talking to each other and delivering backstory to be engaging, and even scary. I liked the change in scenery this week, it took the gang out of their comfort zone a bit, and I really liked the atmosphere it created. It almost felt like watching the first season of True Detective, with the investigators in a rural area piecing through these creepy crimes from the past, with an feeling of lurking dread. I know people throw this out a lot, but it really did feel cinematic, especially comparing how the show went from the bright open spaces of the 

The guest stars were also quite good, I especially liked the guy playing the soldier at the outpost with the (I think?) Native American missionary/school. He really looked like a guy who had seen and done some serious shit. Also, that looked like an awful place for kids. 

John is such a good guy, he was totally ready to be a supportive friend when he thought that Sara and Laszlo were in love, even though h is so obviously into Sara. That was a cute scene, especially considering they just got run off the road and their driver was murdered. Even though they REALLY get on each others nerves, you really can see the affection between them in scenes like that, especially when John was joking about love coming from the heart. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 8

It's sad to lose Mary as a character. Q'orianka Kilcher is such a good actress that I wish she was playing Sara instead of Dakota Fanning. Fanning's character is supposed to be bold, passionate, intelligent, charismatic but Fanning puts me to sleep with her bored face and monotonous way of speaking. And yet Kilcher can say so much with just her facial expressions. After watching Effie Gray, it looks like Fanning plays all these victorian era characters the same way.

I wished they had made some alterations to the adaption and not killed off Mary to fuel Laszlo's man pain. He's enough of a dick as it is. She was interesting in her own way.

Edited by anamika
  • LOL 1
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, TrininisaScorp said:

Sara continues to be the smartest person on this show.  

And she was 100 percent right in her theory about the killer's mother being an active, negative influence on his early life. Just pointing that out. 

Oh, and the look on Kreizler's face when he realizes Sarah was right? Priceless. 

Edited by Hazel55
  • Love 11
3 hours ago, Neurochick said:

I was definitely just as confused as most people, but didn't the brother tell John and Laszlo that he killed George or am I totally wrong? 

I really thought Mary was gonna  kill Connor. Then I thought he was gonna rape Mary. Then as the railing was splitting, I was sure again she was going to kill Connor. But of course it makes sense. How could she be happy? How could Laszlo? 

Was I the only one who heard Mary gasp, or make some sound, as she was falling?

• Love 3
20 minutes ago, Shorty186 said:

I was definitely just as confused as most people, but didn't the brother tell John and Laszlo that he killed George or am I totally wrong? 

I really thought Mary was gonna  kill Connor. Then I thought he was gonna rape Mary. Then as the railing was splitting, I was sure again she was going to kill Connor. But of course it makes sense. How could she be happy? How could Laszlo? 

Was I the only one who heard Mary gasp, or make some sound, as she was falling?

I think Drury said he wished he had killed him or something to that effect. I will have to listen to it again to be sure. 

I did the same with Mary, thought she might get out of it alive. Totally pissed that she is dead. 

• Love 2

Don't understand at all what Connor was doing at Kreizler's house. And I'm not sure the show knows either. If the plan was to kill Kreizler, the plan was always to kill everyone, so why is Stevie alive? If the plan was to rape Mary, why would they target her and leave Cyrus as a witness? Why didn't Mary run when Cyrus gave her the chance? What was she trying to stop Connor from doing when she ran to attack him, seizing a knife instead of an opportunity? 

The father's photographs, the mother's emotional abuse and a neighbor's sexual abuse don't seem to add up to me. Adam Dury disliked his mother is what I got. 

Connor has his own murder to cover up, so he has to do what Byrne tells him. But Byrne's motive in attempting Kreizler's murder is embarrassment for the NYPD? The first Great Depression is going on, they don't have other things to think about? (Yes, there were two Great Depressions.)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, sjohnson said:

Why didn't Mary run when Cyrus gave her the chance? What was she trying to stop Connor from doing when she ran to attack him, seizing a knife instead of an opportunity? 

I agree it doesn't seem logical for her to chase him with a knife.

Anyhow, after each episode, I check the book.  I didn't read the book beforehand, but I have access to a copy and I like checking it for clarity and to see what's different.  No spoilers for the show (I don't read ahead), but regarding Mary's actions in the book:

Spoiler

In the book, Connor and his men shut Mary in the kitchen.  They  interrogate Stevie who won't tell where Kreizler is, so they began beating him.  Mary breaks out of the kitchen wielding a knife and comes to Stevie's aid.   She stabs Connor in the side and he accidentally knocks her down the stairs while reacting.  Stevie winds up with a cracked skull and some broken ribs. Cyrus never manages to do anything except hit his head again by falling.

Edited by Josette
grammar
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, sjohnson said:

Don't understand at all what Connor was doing at Kreizler's house. And I'm not sure the show knows either. If the plan was to kill Kreizler, the plan was always to kill everyone, so why is Stevie alive? If the plan was to rape Mary, why would they target her and leave Cyrus as a witness? Why didn't Mary run when Cyrus gave her the chance? What was she trying to stop Connor from doing when she ran to attack him, seizing a knife instead of an opportunity? 

The father's photographs, the mother's emotional abuse and a neighbor's sexual abuse don't seem to add up to me. Adam Dury disliked his mother is what I got. 

Connor has his own murder to cover up, so he has to do what Byrne tells him. But Byrne's motive in attempting Kreizler's murder is embarrassment for the NYPD? The first Great Depression is going on, they don't have other things to think about? (Yes, there were two Great Depressions.)

This is what I was thinking last night, too. They came in with such rage that they were going to find something or someone/Laszlo that the only thing they meant was to kill. Maybe they wanted to beat up Laszlo until he gave up info or gave up trying to find the killer, but I highly doubt they'd stop there. Now he's got two murders to cover up, just seems like a really dumb move. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, Shorty186 said:

No, Adam said he would have killed George if he'd had the chance.

Adam: Japheth came home one night. He was upset. Sobbing, cursing. Bleeding down there. I'd have ripped that man's throat out myself, I'd ever gotten the chance.
Sara: This man, is he still around?
Eliza: In a manner of speaking. 
Sara: What manner is that? 
Eliza: In a manner not of this earth. He died up in the Gunks. Fell off a thousand foot cliff. That was right around the time the Durys were killed.
Sara: Do you think it was an accident?
Eliza: An accident? His throat was cut from ear to ear. His eyes were missing.

• Love 6

I liked Cyrus and Stevie both being "WTF" at happy Mary wandering around smiling and smelling flowers.

John saying to Kriezler that you can tell someone's in love when they talk about love; the whole John/Laszlo friendship bonding was nice.  Not looking forward to Laszlo being crushed next week.  Oh I also got a chuckle at Laszlo not realizing he was talking to a patient at the hospital and not a doctor. 

The show does some odd things with Sara - a couple of eps ago when she said to John that men can't use typewriters, I couldn't tell if she was joking or not.  Then this week she acts surprised that Eliza climbed the Gunks.  Sara, you are the only woman at the police department!  If anyone should be not surprised at Eliza, it is you.

I feel like the show rushed the details; the separate travels and interviews should have spanned two episodes.  The Dury/Beecham/facial tic/soldier info dump would have been better spread out a bit, plus there is the emotional punch of Mary dying. 

Thanks all for the reminders about who Esther is with the baby.  I have a bit of "why is this subplot here" - ok, they want to flesh out the Isaacsons, but there is really no time to deal with it. 

9 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

Even though they REALLY get on each others nerves, you really can see the affection between them in scenes like that, especially when John was joking about love coming from the heart. 

I really enjoy Luke Evans's take on John - a good friend but kind of fragile emotionally.   I'm actually not sure if John has a crush on Sara or if he just likes her as a person.  I can see it either way.

I like travelogues so I enjoyed the trains, the steamboat, the scenery.   Both Sara at the old Dury household and the John/Laszlo interview with the brother were atmospheric and creepy.

Conner went to Laszlo's house because he's desperate and has Byrnes ragging on him about Laszlo.    Byrnes doesn't want Laszlo to solve the murders, maybe Conner thought he could get information from Laszlo on who they think the murderer is.

• Love 2

I was very confused as to who really was the killer. Thanks to those great explanations posted! 

That ending was brutal.  

And how does Conner think he is going to get away with leaving a trail of dead bodies? Mary could be explained away but he shot Willem, a man from a wealthy family! 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, raven said:

I like travelogues so I enjoyed the trains, the steamboat, the scenery.   Both Sara at the old Dury household and the John/Laszlo interview with the brother were atmospheric and creepy.

Ditto, love the way the exposition was layered between 3 sets of inquiries:  the Isaacson brothers learning about Beechum, Kreizler/Moore learning about Japheth Drury and Sarah Howard finding the box of momentos (bones).

I cannot wait to see this facial tic!

• Love 10
31 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Ditto, love the way the exposition was layered between 3 sets of inquiries:  the Isaacson brothers learning about Beechum, Kreizler/Moore learning about Japheth Drury and Sarah Howard finding the box of momentos (bones).

I cannot wait to see this facial tic!

It has to be some tic! 

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Josette said:

I agree it doesn't seem logical for her to chase him with a knife.

Anyhow, after each episode, I check the book.  I didn't read the book beforehand, but I have access to a copy and I like checking it for clarity and to see what's different.  No spoilers for the show (I don't read ahead), but regarding Mary's actions in the book:

Reveal hidden contents

In the book, Connor and his men shut Mary in the kitchen.  They  interrogate Stevie who won't tell where Kreizler is, so they began beating him.  Mary breaks out of the kitchen wielding a knife and comes to Stevie's aid.   She stabs Connor in the side and he accidentally knocks her down the stairs while reacting.  Stevie winds up with a cracked skull and some broken ribs. Cyrus never manages to do anything except hit his head again by falling.

The women of this show particularly Mary and Sarah are more fierce than the men.

Cyrus and Stevie are basically the only family Mary has (besides Kreizler).  She is not going to just abandon them to save herself.  That's just not her character.  Such a tragic life for Mary.

• Sad 1
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, DkNNy79 said:

She is not going to just abandon them to save herself.

For sure, Mary was PISSED at these thugs in the house.  She was a fighter, it is just too damn bad Conner proved a little too much for her.  She almost took him down.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, sugarbaker design said:

Didn't Mary light her father on fire?  Hardly a shrinking violet.

Yes.  I think it took her multiple attempts too.  She's not a quitter either.

• Love 13
21 minutes ago, DkNNy79 said:

The women of this show particularly Mary and Sarah are more fierce than the men.

Cyrus and Stevie are basically the only family Mary has (besides Kreizler).  She is not going to just abandon them to save herself.  That's just not her character.  Such a tragic life for Mary.

These people were her family, she loved Kreizler (and things were getting good finally) and this was her home.... acceptance.... she was going to fight top keep what was hers. 

• Love 7

I'm so sad about poor Mary, she deserved so much better :(  I knew someone was going over the edge, I was just hoping it would be Connor.  I'm a little confused.  Didn't Connor know that Laszlo and John were out travelling? I thought that was what he was discussing with the ex Chief.  I thought Connor knew that the Doc was out so I was confused as to why he showed up at his house.  I hope Cyrus and the kid are alright as well, just knocked out, nothing else.  This episode threw me for a loop.  

• Love 3