Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

Can someone please refresh my memory -- what is the black box comp again?  I've watched every season, so I clearly would have seen it, but for some reason the words "black box" are not clicking with me as far as a specific comp. 

Is it the one where they have to feel around for things in the dark?  

Omarosa is probably just not up to the physical demand of this game.  It sounds like her health is being compromised -- or she thinks it is, in any case.   Who knows which comps are in store after this one, but any of them could be bad for her to try.  I'd rather they just evict her than let her stay in the house and possibly never have to compete in the physical comps that are remaining.

I just want to get to a point where no one is begging to leave the house, and nothing is being delayed or stalled because someone was rushed to a hospital, and no one is threatening to walk out/self-evict, so we can start to see some worthwhile HoH wins, Veto comps and evictions in the very short amount of time we have left.  I feel like a lot of time is being wasted on people who probably should have not joined the show in the first place.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Can someone please refresh my memory -- what is the black box comp again?  I've watched every season, so I clearly would have seen it, but for some reason the words "black box" are not clicking with me as far as a specific comp. 

Is it the one where they have to feel around for things in the dark?  

Bingo.  “Black Box” is plus-room-sized obstacle course the HGs have to navigate in total darkness, finding pieces to accommodate the puzzle challenge du jour.  Usually an individually timed event, although I think there have been a couple of communal competitive variants as well.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Bingo.  “Black Box” is plus-room-sized obstacle course the HGs have to navigate in total darkness, finding pieces to accommodate the puzzle challenge du jour.  Usually an individually timed event, although I think there have been a couple of communal competitive variants as well.

Thank you!  Now that you explain it, I definitely remember it (although, for some reason, I never thought of it as the Black Box comp). Yes, I can see how that is taking a while -- even aside from Omarosa's health issues.

Edited by TVFan17
1 minute ago, TVFan17 said:

Thank you!  Now that you explain it, I definitely remember it (although, for some reason, I never thought of it as the Black Box comp). Yes, I can see how that is taking a while -- even aside from Omarosa's health issues.

The “box” in question is about the size of a two-bedroom apartment, so it’s easy to understand how that’s not an automatic association.  BIIIG damn box.  :)

• Love 1

James won the POV . Shannon is in good spirits ( for the time being).  She is in HOH with Brandi and Ari.

Brandi aggravated that James won and is cocky again. Shannon says she can work for them. Help them. James will be hard to beat.

Does not sound like Brandi did very well ( again). 

Edited by missyb
  • Love 1

On the feeds... I wastrying to switch back and forth between the camera on the guys (James, Ross and Mark, before Ross joined the girls) and the camera on the girls (Ari, Shannon and Brandi).

It sounds like Ross did well in this comp (even though he did not win).  

Someone got stuck waiting in the pantry for hours (sounds like what happened to Krissy in BBOTT, who had to wait for hours in the pantry until it was her turn to compete).

Brandi ended up in a room with Mark and Metta, and she is complaining about both of them.  She says Mark was grumpy and Metta was impatient and frustrated (at being sequestered, I guess).

Shannon is reminding people how she is sad that she won't be able to see (participate in) OTEV and see Zingbot (because she will be voted out).

Production came through and gave them some Valentine treats!

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

Well,  maybe the DR will work on Brandi and she will start thinking about putting someone else. Like ROSS ! Probably not. Brandi knows Ross is covering his ass with all players. He is far more dangerous then a lone Shannon .

• Love 1

Some of the Valentine cupcakes they were just given are vegan, and Marissa thought Shannon would like them, but Shannon pointed out that they're not gluten-free.

Marissa's man sent flowers.

I think they were given a Valentine cake too.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, missyb said:

Well,  maybe the DR will work on Brandi and she will start thinking about putting someone else. Like ROSS ! Probably not. Brandi knows Ross is covering his ass with all players. He is far more dangerous then a lone Shannon .

All the more reason to shoot for a Ross BD.  Or Marissa.  I’d love to see how much either squirm when it’s THEIR ass OTB.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, TVFan17 said:

Omarosa is probably just not up to the physical demand of this game.  It sounds like her health is being compromised -- or she thinks it is, in any case.   Who knows which comps are in store after this one, but any of them could be bad for her to try.  I'd rather they just evict her than let her stay in the house and possibly never have to compete in the physical comps that are remaining.

That is exactly why they will NOT evict her.  The final competition will be here sooner than later and who would you want to be up against in an endurance challenge to gain the finals?

2 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Shannon is reminding people how she is sad that she won't be able to see OTEV and Zingbot (because she will be voted out).

Oh the horrible sufferings and deprivations celebs must endure.  Sniff.

So who is the pawn that will go up in place of James?  And who will stop your typical paranoid BB players from suddenly working themselves into a frenzy over nothing and deciding to vote the pawn out instead?

• Love 3

It looks like they were given some food too (in addition to the Valentine cake and cupcakes) -- not sure what is there, other than dumplings (which I heard Ross mention).

They have dessert wine.

Omarosa is there, in good spirits, and her man also sent flowers.

A few minutes ago, Metta apologized for all of the times he has cursed out Big Brother.  lol

Omarosa suggested having a cake fight.  Mark said he wants a piece of the cake.   (Please, woman... you guys have wasted enough of the expensive food BB has been giving you and stocking in the fridge.  Don't waste a yummy cake too!)

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1
Just now, Nashville said:

So Brandi’s wandering around wearing the HoH robe.  Nice to see they’ve dropped the pretense of this being Ari’s HoH. :>

That is kind of hysterical. She's got nothing to hide.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, TVFan17 said:

Metta has wasted no time in cutting into the Valentine cake.  He must have scarfed down the other food.

He's hungry!!!

And he needs to hurry out to the hot tub and talk to the floaty toys!

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 3

I heard Shannon starting to cry earlier, when Marissa and Omarosa saw the flowers, and I heard Shannon mention Simon -- but did he really not send her any flowers or notes or anything??   I  also heard Ross mention his partner, Salvador, but I couldn't tell if he received a note from him.

I wonder if it was just one big bouquet, with cards/notes from the assorted significant others, instead of separate bouquets?  

11:45 p.m.:   It appears that everyone got full very quickly.  Metta, Mark and James are now trying to clean off the table.   Brandi and others are in the yard, drinking.

Mark says Brandi is a non-cleaner.  She doesn't clean anything.

James says that he, Metta and Mark are the only ones who do dishes.

James thinks the girls are used to having maids, and are not used to cleaning.  James has a maid, but he cleans pretty well on his own, in between maid visits.

Marissa says that she wore her Valentine outfit all day.  Omarosa says that Brandi wore a red dress (which Brandi took off soon after putting it on).  Brandi says she took it off because she doesn't have a tan or hair extensions.  The dress looks better on her when she has a tan and more hair.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 1

12:20 a.m.   -- James, Brandi, Shannon, Ari and Mark are outside.   James seems to be sympathetic to the fact that Marissa is not feeling well, and that she was experiencing a lot of anxiety over being trapped in the pantry/storage room for many hours while the POV comp was happening earlier.  James says that Marissa did a good job of hiding her anxiety, but she was having a rough time.

While James was sympathetic to Marissa, Brandi (who has been drinking various forms of alcohol tonight) seemed to be dismissive of Marissa's anxiety, attributing it to being stuck in the house with people.  James tried to reiterate that it was specific anxiety over being stuck for hours in storage, but I don't think Brandi was really all that concerned.

Marissa just joined them.  She says she doesn't think there will be any kind of a twist (in the game) tonight.

Brandi wants to talk about favorite sexual positions.

James said that Mark is being a gentleman by not blatantly talking about sex. 

Brandi reminded Mark that he previously told her that he is not that sexual.  He says he didn't say that exactly, and Brandi is saying that he did.  He says that he is married, so "take that however" you want to take it.

(I can tell that Brandi is increasingly getting on the guys' nerves just as much as James and Mark are on her nerves.)

Mark is insisting that Brandi was complaining along with everyone else earlier today, while they were waiting during the POV comp.  She denies complaining. He also says she kept talking while they were trying to rest.

Mark is now folding laundry.  (He must be very handy around his own home, between cleaning and doing laundry!)

(Edited to add:  I think Marissa was in the storage/pantry when she was sequestered for hours during POV, as opposed to somewhere else.  That seemed to be what James [and Mark] were saying, though I could have missed something.)

Edited by TVFan17
  • Love 3

Thanks @TVFan17, I appreciate waking at 2 am and finding your detailed posts that I can read still snuggled in bed waiting for sleep to take me back.

Meta was cleaning the dinner mess.   I think Mark and James must have been helping but we're just not in the kitchen at the end of BBAD.  The men do all of it. 

I have never cared for Shannon and like her even less as things move forward. This has nothing to do with her game play. 

Mark or James for the win.  I like them both a lot and have from the start. I would be happy with either winning.  

Marissa dresses like a 10 year old and she is 44.  Jesus. 

The girls will complain about being puffy in the morning after Chinese food, just watch.  Well they might have smuggled in some lasix. 

• Love 3

Brandi is confusing me. She seems to really want to keep Shannon now? She is trying to push hard to Ari but Ari is sure a strong women. Ari is not budging. 

It seems like everyone's name has been tossed around as a nom today except Marissa and Ari. A double eviction which has to be coming up soon will be exciting.

It has been at least 2 seasons maybe 3 since there has been so much campaigning and alliance switching. 

• Love 1
20 minutes ago, Wings said:

Thanks @TVFan17, I appreciate waking at 2 am and finding your detailed posts that I can read still snuggled in bed waiting for sleep to take me back.

Meta was cleaning the dinner mess.   I think Mark and James must have been helping but we're just not in the kitchen at the end of BBAD.  The men do all of it. 

I have never cared for Shannon and like her even less as things move forward. This has nothing to do with her game play. 

Mark or James for the win.  I like them both a lot and have from the start. I would be happy with either winning.  

Marissa dresses like a 10 year old and she is 44.  Jesus. 

The girls will complain about being puffy in the morning after Chinese food, just watch.  Well they might have smuggled in some lasix. 

You're very welcome! 

Yes, Mark and James most definitely came in to help Metta.  I guess it was post-BBAD time.   Metta started to clean off the dinner table himself, but they came in and helped clear off the rest of the table.   Mark came in first, and then James.    Mark even said that the whole process of cleaning up the post-dinner mess  could go faster if everyone pitched in, but because only the three of them were doing anything, it was going slower.  lol

Shannon has been playing the 'oh, woe is me' card here and there, through the course of the day.  She pouts, sulks, sniffles.  Then she starts smiling and laughing and talking with people for a while, so she seems OK.  Then she will say something like, "Well... if you guys decide that you hate anyone more than me, you know I'll be with you [to the end]."  In other words, she is trying to lay a guilt trip on them to keep her.

Now... trying to make deals is fine.  That's what people should do if they are in danger of going home -- try to bargain and make deals.   The problem is the wimpy, passive-aggressive way Shannon is going about it.  "If you guys decide you hate anyone more than me..."  How stupid.   They don't hate her at all.... Shannon is acting like a pouty child instead of a grown woman who is a huge fan of this game and series.  She should get in there and start showing some confidence and at least be prepared to go out with her head held high, if she can't make any deals.  It seems like she wants to pout and sniffle her way into getting someone to hand her safety.

2:06 a.m. --  Every time I start to think that Brandi has some sense, she starts acting like a rambling fool and ruins it.   Then she turns into annoying Brandi again.   The problem with Brandi -- and this was always her biggest problem on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills too -- is that she is very immature, deep down.  And a lot of how she acts is just rooted in immaturity and probably insecurity.   And when she drinks alcohol, not only does she start acting more immature, she starts picking fights, or looking for reasons to have conflict with people.

Just in the last 30 minutes, Drunk Brandi was rambling to Ari about her dislike of Mark.   She does not like him or James.  Ari is only feeding into Brandi's dislike and her paranoia by telling Brandi that Mark (and James too?) is trying to bother her, and that he is saying things to purposely try to get on her nerves.   (He is not doing that, by the way.  Mark is not trying to bother Brandi, nor is James trying to bother her.   They are annoyed with her and are trying to deal with her without losing their patience or tempers.)

So, then Brandi started asking Ari why Mark (or James too, I guess?) would want to try to bother her.  Ari couldn't really give a good answer (because it's not even true).

Ari was getting annoyed with Brandi because Brandi is starting to second guess getting Shannon out of the house.  I think she is having pangs of guilt because she is annoyed with the men, and she thinks that Shannon needs the money more.  She likes Shannon more. 

Ari was clearly losing patience with Brandi because they had already decided who to get out, and this is the way Brandi wanted it.  Brandi said she is allowed to have a moment of humanity and question it.   Ari reminded her that they all like Shannon, and they all feel bad, but Shannon is the best player and has to go.

For a moment, Ross and Marissa were upstairs too, when Brandi was beginning to try to suggest getting Mark out instead.  They also looked like they were on the verge of getting annoyed (at the indecisiveness of Brandi), but they left and let Ari pick up the slack in being annoyed.  lol

• Love 6

I am familiar with drunk Brandi from RHOBH.  Exausting. 

I think most want Shannon out so her replacement is probably safe...maybe...hopefully.  I want her gone too. Marissa on the block with her is a safe choice.  But will she do that. Not confident. 

I am looking forward to the medic footage on Friday. 

• Love 2

I also appreciate the updates when I randomly woke up at 3:15am and looked at my phone to see who won. James winning veto pleases me, though that means Shannon is most likely gone.

I gotta give Ari props, even when it doesn't fit my personal hopes and dreams: she sticks to her guns and won't let anyone deviate from the plan they set from the first night she won HOH. That's pretty smart of her to not let things waver. I always yell at houseguests to stick to the plan. Though Ari is going to have to rethink their F4 thing with Ross and Marissa after Friday. No way can it last. 

So, it'll definitely be Shannon/Mark on the block. Part of me would love to see Mark go because as much as I like him, he's not really playing the game and he's just been there, and this season has no time for this bullshit. But on the other hand, Shannon is a solid game player and she is the better of the two to go. I guess my little James/Shannon heart will have to be broken. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Damn, no Zingbot is such a mistake. I kinda get why they're not doing it, but still they really should have.

I wonder what the Big Brother Bot game changing vote will be and when it will happen? I mean there's only 10 days left lol.

Well, it sounds like it'll be a live vote during an upcoming episode, and I get the feeling like it'll be for tomorrow's episode, since it's live and two hours. My first thought that it was going to be which final nominee would you save from eviction and then either the other person goes, or there's a second question of who you'd replace them with and then they're put on the block for the eviction (in this case, I could see Shannon being taken down and either Ross or Marissa voted on the block). 

However, I think it could be for HOH, and that we'll actually see HOH being played live, OR it's voting for who you want the next HOH to be. In which case, I'd 100% vote for James or Omarosa, since they're likely to make big moves (Omarosa would target the alliance of four; James would target Brandi and likely Ari). 

Or, it'll be some really, really lame "game-changing twist" that gives someone power for the week.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I wonder what the Big Brother Bot game changing vote will be and when it will happen? I mean there's only 10 days left lol.

It's time for America Votes! Would you like to give the HGs... A) A Hula Hoop or B) A Nerf Football. Remember, your vote can change the direction of the game. Standard texting rates apply.

Bah to no Zingy. You can't have BBUS and not have Zingy make an appearance. I mean, could you imagine the plastic surgery jokes we'd get about Brandi and Mark? 

• Love 6
Just now, Callaphera said:

It's time for America Votes! Would you like to give the HGs... A) A Hula Hoop or B) A Nerf Football. Remember, your vote can change the direction of the game. Standard texting rates apply.

Yeah, I won't be surprised if it's something like this. Big Brother likes to pretend that these twists are game-changers, and then 8/10 times, they don't do anything useful.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Lady Calypso said:

Yeah, I won't be surprised if it's something like this. Big Brother likes to pretend that these twists are game-changers, and then 8/10 times, they don't do anything useful.

Ever since they took away the "What food should the Have-Nots eat this week with their slop" vote, the things we have voted on have been lame as hell. 

Still. The overwhelming no vote. Can we have another moment like that? Because that was great. And delicious.

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Yesterday Metta told most of them that he was fine with doing the dishes because the others cook (brandi being one of the cooks). 

Sure but do the other women cook too?  I don't think they do.  Certainly not enough to dodge all cleaning.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
Just now, Wings said:

Sure but do the other women cook too?  I don't think they do.  Certainly not enough to dodge all cleaning.  

That's why I submitted my application for this upcoming season of BBCAN (uh, clearly didn't make it, if y'all were wondering): to avoid cleaning. Three months of not having to scrub the toilet? Count me in.

• Love 7

What do I get if I skip my workout today? Because if you throw a doughnut or two in with the red meat and gluten, I'll happily park my ass in front of the Olympics coverage today and not clean my oven. Throw in some wine and I'll be your best friend for life.

ETA: Seriously, BBCAN. How could you turn my lazy ass down?

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 8

Is Omarosa back? I could totally see her trying to upstage the eviction by falling on her medical sword and being removed from the game. And she would probably be smart enough to work it out so she got every cent of her pay from CBS even though she quit. All she would have to do is blame it on poor living conditions.  CBS would not want that PR nightmare.

I hate being back at work.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, it sounds like it'll be a live vote during an upcoming episode, and I get the feeling like it'll be for tomorrow's episode, since it's live and two hours. My first thought that it was going to be which final nominee would you save from eviction and then either the other person goes, or there's a second question of who you'd replace them with and then they're put on the block for the eviction (in this case, I could see Shannon being taken down and either Ross or Marissa voted on the block). 

However, I think it could be for HOH, and that we'll actually see HOH being played live, OR it's voting for who you want the next HOH to be. In which case, I'd 100% vote for James or Omarosa, since they're likely to make big moves (Omarosa would target the alliance of four; James would target Brandi and likely Ari). 

Or, it'll be some really, really lame "game-changing twist" that gives someone power for the week.

I hope it is a massive Game Wrecker !! Lets bring back the fun. In such a short season, things should never be allowed to go the way a side wants :).

• Love 1

I am not ruling out a DE on Friday.  They may not be promoting it because if someone walks they will cancel it.  What else are they going to do for 2 hours?  

James talking to Meta said, it has been 3 days now, in irritation.  I believe he was talking about Shannon moping. 

No sign of Omarosa, anyone read anything? 

Just now, Wings said:

I am not ruling out a DE on Friday.  They may not be promoting it because if someone walks they will cancel it.  What else are they going to do for 2 hours?  

Well, they managed to fill up time last Friday with stuff. They have the veto to show, the whole after noms drama with the multiple fights between Ross/Marissa/Shannon, Omarosa/James, Omarosa/Brandi, show the Omarosa/Shannon talk, and then they have to deal with the whole voting stuff, whatever other drama goes on between today and tomorrow night, and then the actual eviction and possible HOH comp. 

It seems like people are irritated with Shannon's behaviour. Mark seems done with her passive aggressiveness, and James wants to see her fight and not mope. I can't really blame either of them there.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, they managed to fill up time last Friday with stuff. They have the veto to show, the whole after noms drama with the multiple fights between Ross/Marissa/Shannon, Omarosa/James, Omarosa/Brandi, show the Omarosa/Shannon talk, and then they have to deal with the whole voting stuff, whatever other drama goes on between today and tomorrow night, and then the actual eviction and possible HOH comp. 

It seems like people are irritated with Shannon's behaviour. Mark seems done with her passive aggressiveness, and James wants to see her fight and not mope. I can't really blame either of them there.

Sigh, I suppose.  I want a DE, stomps feet.  It looks to me that everyone wants Shannon out.  Her posturing and attitude is a drain on the energy and effecting everyone.  And when she goes someone else will step into that role, of course.  :)

I assume Omarosa will be back tomorrow and claim she has been on a respirator with an IV drip, when in fact she is in the Double Tree and watching the feeds. 

Edited by Wings
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Wings said:

I assume Omarosa will be back tomorrow and claim she has been on a respirator with an IV drip, when in fact she is in the Double Tree and watching the feeds. 

Omarosa's still in the house. She never left; she only called in a medic during veto, but stayed in the house.

• Love 2

Oh, tomorrow's an endurance comp (so no DE). Which means James has a high chance of winning it, followed by....I don't know, maybe Brandi? Maybe Ross? If Omarosa actually has asthma, I assume an endurance comp wouldn't be ideal for her. I guess we'll see if she miraculously is able to win it. 

I do think it'll be between James and Brandi, so that'll be interesting. Brandi might target Ross, Marissa, and Omarosa, which could be fun. I'm unsure if Brandi would target Mark and James. 

2 hours ago, Wings said:

Everyone who doesn't clean has to eat gluten and red meat.  That is what I would like to see!  

That punishment would really only hurt Shannon and she washes dishes so it wouldn't even apply to her.

I hope we get to see the endurance comp tomorrow. That could be epic.

Edited by peachmangosteen
1 hour ago, keke23 said:

Is Omarosa back? I could totally see her trying to upstage the eviction by falling on her medical sword and being removed from the game. And she would probably be smart enough to work it out so she got every cent of her pay from CBS even though she quit. All she would have to do is blame it on poor living conditions.  CBS would not want that PR nightmare.

I hate being back at work.

Omarosa was in good spirits, happily eating the Valentine meal that BB gave them late last night, and then sitting outside with other HGs for a while.   She looked and sounded fine.    For one fleeting second I heard her reference waiting in one of the rooms (the HGs were sequestered in specific areas as the POV comp was taking place),  but I don't think I heard her mention anything about a medic or about not feeling well, so they must have done most of the talking about that when the feeds were down (though I could have easily missed catching some talk about it).     The feeds were down for so, so, soooo long.   I think I heard them say that Marissa was sequestered in the storage/pantry for 5 or 6 hours, and Omarosa was waiting for 3-1/2 hours, wherever she was sequestered as POV was playing out.    I knew the feeds were down for a long time, but I didn't realize it had been quite that long.    They didn't get their Valentine meal, wine, cake and cupcakes until very, very late at night), when February 14th was  over or almost over.

Edited by TVFan17
typo
  • Love 1