Type keyword(s) to search

Season 1 Live Feed Discussion

• Start Topic

10 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Marissa, for example, seems to be making it seem like Shannon wronged her in some way.

Oh, is she? Doesn't surprise me. I went into this not liking Marissa for a reason I can't really remember lol and she has proven me right. I dislike her the most of everyone left except maybe James. Although she does sometimes provide laughs since she's so dumb.

Ross screwed himself because it's clear he'd rather Omarosa go this Friday than Shannon, but maybe he shouldn't have entertained the Backdoor Shannon plan at all.

Yea, Ross fucked himself. He's actually the one who has overplayed the most imo. Which is fine by me because I'm growing increasingly tired of him.

Watch Omarosa win the game lol.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2

I  can not stand Brandi but from what I am reading about last nights conversation, she has a good grasp on the game. Of course she has played it before ( CBBUK). Her idea to Ari was but James and Mark as a pawn. James will play extra hard to win and then they can backdoor Shannon. It really is a good idea, They both know they are the focus to go next. One of the two goes either way. Unless some "twist" that was mentioned saves them both.

Edited by missyb
  • Love 2

I don't see anyone thinking Shannon is evil.  She is not with them and likely to win HOHs just as James will.  It would be foolish to keep either of them if a chance to boot them presents itself.  It is smart to go after an opposing alliance.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, missyb said:

I  can not stand Brandi but from what I am reading about last nights conversation, she has a good grass on the game. Of course she has played it before ( CBBUK).

I don't think CBBUK and CBBUS are really comparable so I don't think that gives her an advantage, but I agree that she's playing well. And the rest of them don't see it yet. 

I hope they catch on to her soon though because I really need to see her on the block. I bet it'd be a riot.

Nomming James and Mark is an OK plan, but then you run the risk of Shannon playing and winning veto and taking down James and then you don't get either of your targets out. Although I would like to see this happen because it'd be funny and piss Brandi off lol.

I don't see Shannon winning veto though. I think she's choking at this point.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

If she wasn't famous, Shannon would have been a good BB player. Because on the real BB, no one makes big moves this early, so she would have been able to hang around long enough to consolidate power.

She would probably be targeted there too.  She kept changing her plan and that makes HGs nervous. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, missyb said:

I  can not stand Brandi but from what I am reading about last nights conversation, she has a good grass on the game. Of course she has played it before ( CBBUK). Her idea to Ari was but James and Mark as a pawn. James will play extra hard to win and then they can backdoor Shannon. It really is a good idea, They both know they are the focus to go next. One of the two goes either way. Unless some "twist" that was mentioned saves them both.

The problem with this plan is that Shannon could be picked for veto, win, and pull James down. Sure, Mark will likely go, but then that's another few days wasted. Ari has the right idea in just putting up both so that one for sure goes home. 

I have heard discussions of a "twist" coming this week, though. Not sure if it's even true, but I'd laugh if it saved both Shannon and James. 

12 minutes ago, missyb said:

What kind of lies has Brandi made up ?? She likes  brand herself as the truth canon. 

I'm trying to find exactly what I read about Brandi's lies. I think she was lying to Omarosa about being forced to switch sides to vote Chuck out by Shannon. I could be wrong; I'm mostly going off of Reddit updates.

• Love 1

I'm surprised they're not doing a DE on Friday. I figured they'd just do DEs for the rest of the Friday evictions. I wonder if maybe there will be like a triple eviction or something at some point. There almost has to be. Unless the schedule isn't quite accurate and there's going to be some Sunday/Wednesday/Saturday evictions.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm surprised they're not doing a DE on Friday. I figured they'd just do DEs for the rest of the Friday evictions. I wonder if maybe there will be like a triple eviction or something at some point. There almost has to be. Unless the schedule isn't quite accurate and there's going to be some Sunday/Wednesday/Saturday evictions.

Well, let's see. There are 9 people left. Ross threw out the theory that the finale could be F4. Here's where that would likely stand:

Friday eviction= 9 down to 8
Monday eviction= 8 down to 7
Friday eviction= 7 down to 5 (DE); it's also another two hour, so they could easily do a DE
Saturday possible eviction= 5 down to 4 (I feel positive that this will be an eviction episode; I don't think they have time to waste an episode on a total clip show; maybe just half of it).
Sunday finale= possible F4. 

Since we know this Friday isn't a DE, I'm betting on next Friday being a DE. I don't think the Wednesday episodes are going to be eviction episodes. I imagine the only Saturday episode will be an eviction, and Ross could be right in that the Sunday two hour finale will start with F4, and dwindle down. Or, maybe the final Wednesday episode will be an eviction, so the DE will be 6 down to 4, and then the finale will be F3. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't think CBBUK and CBBUS are really comparable so I don't think that gives her an advantage, but I agree that she's playing well. And the rest of them don't see it yet. 

I hope they catch on to her soon though because I really need to see her on the block. I bet it'd be a riot.

Nomming James and Mark is an OK plan, but then you run the risk of Shannon playing and winning veto and taking down James and then you don't get either of your targets out. Although I would like to see this happen because it'd be funny and piss Brandi off lol.

I don't see Shannon winning veto though. I think she's choking at this point.

I hope she is not choking and still has some game left. There is something about her I like. She has a quiet genuine niceness about her. 

And, yes, a Shannon winning POV and taking James down would be divine. That is why you always put your two targets on the block. One goes home.

The idea that someone wont try as hard if they are not on the block is such an odd one. You are always in danger if you don't hold that power of veto.

14 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, let's see. There are 9 people left. Ross threw out the theory that the finale could be F4. Here's where that would likely stand:

Friday eviction= 9 down to 8
Monday eviction= 8 down to 7
Friday eviction= 7 down to 5 (DE); it's also another two hour, so they could easily do a DE
Saturday possible eviction= 5 down to 4 (I feel positive that this will be an eviction episode; I don't think they have time to waste an episode on a total clip show; maybe just half of it).
Sunday finale= possible F4. 

Since we know this Friday isn't a DE, I'm betting on next Friday being a DE. I don't think the Wednesday episodes are going to be eviction episodes. I imagine the only Saturday episode will be an eviction, and Ross could be right in that the Sunday two hour finale will start with F4, and dwindle down. Or, maybe the final Wednesday episode will be an eviction, so the DE will be 6 down to 4, and then the finale will be F3. 

Jokers has  a good calendar , on the left hand side of the screen,  showing the schedule .

http://www.jokersupdates.com

p.s. I think the double starts mean 2 hour, not double eviction

Edited by missyb
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

She's a Vanessa imo, a good mind for the game but an emotional basket case who sucks at the social game. She probably would get far in a regular season, but she wouldn't win.

Yeah, agreed. I don't think she'd win, either, but she'd go far.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, keke23 said:

I am so excited to be home sick today.

*kaff*  *kaff*.  ;)

1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Again, I think they're focusing too much on Shannon to the point that when she does go, who's going to be the next big target that needs to go because they're playing too hard? Ross? Brandi? Omarosa?

My bet would be two of the James / Ross / Omarosa trio.

But others might be taking it a little too personally, despite them saying it's not personal. Marissa, for example, seems to be making it seem like Shannon wronged her in some way.

Marissa is right about on my last damn nerve; she NEVER SHUTS UP.  EVER.

Brandi's making up lies to keep the target on Shannon. 

I think Brandi’s playing a good game, but not a great game; less so since (a) the Jurors get to see everything that’s going on, and (b) the HGs apparently know this - on an intellectual level, at least.  Smart gameplay under these circumstances of transparency should warrant more honesty, not less.

56 minutes ago, Brian Cronin said:

If she wasn't famous, Shannon would have been a good BB player. Because on the real BB, no one makes big moves this early, so she would have been able to hang around long enough to consolidate power.

In a regular BB season the greater depth of HGs would have also provided an additional level of initial meat camouflage - more time to see action/reaction interplay, and figure out what does and doesn’t work.  The abbreviated season translates into greater pressure to stick one’s neck out too early.

52 minutes ago, missyb said:

I  can not stand Brandi but from what I am reading about last nights conversation, she has a good grasp on the game. Of course she has played it before ( CBBUK). Her idea to Ari was but James and Mark as a pawn. James will play extra hard to win and then they can backdoor Shannon. It really is a good idea

Yeah, unless Shannon gets the chance to play PoV, wins PoV, and uses it to take James off the Block - and please let this be so, because I want to see just how badly the rest of the HGs FREEEEEEEAK....  :>

...after which, of course, the icing on the cake would be for Shannon to win HoH again; the other HGs would be scurrying like cockroaches when the lights come on.  Please, Eris, let it be so.  :D

• Love 9

Has Shannon been overly emotional in this game? I know she flipped the script and wanted Chuck out ( a move I did not mind, he was boring). Is she crying all the time ? Hiding out all the time? 

I don't see it. Maybe just played a little too hard too fast. Now she is a convenient target.

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, missyb said:

Has Shannon been overly emotional in this game? I know she flipped the script and wanted Chuck out ( a move I did not mind, he was boring). Is she crying all the time ? Hiding out all the time? 

I don't see it. Maybe just played a little too hard too fast. Now she is a convenient target.

Only notable Shannon outbursts I recall are:

1. Shannon’s “You are right, I was wrong” outburst, when Omarosa and Keshia were riding Shannon hard about being selfish in not wanting to use the PoV on Chuck so they could BD James.
  2. Shannon’s “I want to go back to Cape Town” breakdown with Omarosa on the BY couches.

I didn’t think either was particularly OTT, though.

Edited by Nashville
Editorializing
  • Love 3
47 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Only notable Shannon outbursts I recall are:

1. Shannon’s “You are right, I was wrong” outburst, when Omarosa and Keshia were riding Shannon hard about being selfish in not wanting to use the PoV on Chuck so they could BD James.
  2. Shannon’s “I want to go back to Cape Town” breakdown with Omarosa on the BY couches.

I didn’t think either was particularly OTT, though.

I agree.  Not only were they not OTT, I think they were calculated to make her seem more submissive to Keisha and Omarosa than she was.

• Love 2
18 minutes ago, phlebas said:

I agree.  Not only were they not OTT, I think they were calculated to make her seem more submissive to Keisha and Omarosa than she was.

I think her reaction was genuine.  She started to cry in a very real way.  She realized she made a mistake and her almost cry was about making a possible fatal mistake. 

3 minutes ago, Wings said:

I think her reaction was genuine.  She started to cry in a very real way.  She realized she made a mistake and her almost cry was about making a possible fatal mistake. 

Possibly.  But she is an actress, a solid poker player, and a Big Brother fan. I don't know how to gauge what is genuine from her.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, Wings said:

Mark is doing a good job. He is well liked and seems to be a loner.  He is with Ross but that is totally under the radar.  

and Mark is also  very close to James. Mark has both sides and no target on him right now.  I picked him before the season started to win (not my favorite but gut to win). Mark and Metta might be in the best position right now  to go to F2. I hope the celebrities vote for game play or  personal meaning if someone backstabbed them, not for the the person who can help their career most.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Possibly.  But she is an actress, a solid poker player, and a Big Brother fan. I don't know how to gauge what is genuine from her.

Just because someone is an actor it doesn't they act in situations outside of working.  As for poker, that is a very different arena.  

4 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

and Mark is also  very close to James. Mark has both sides and no target on him right now.  I picked him before the season started to win (not my favorite but gut to win). Mark and Metta might be in the best position right now  to go to F2. I hope the celebrities vote for game play or  personal meaning if someone backstabbed them, not for the the person who can help their career most.

I missed this.  Thanks.  It makes sense but I have not seen or read about them talking game.   Mark really is in a good position.  

Edited by Wings
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Wings said:

Just because someone is an actor it doesn't they act in situations outside of working.  As for poker, that is a very different arena.  

I missed this.  Thanks.  It makes sense but I have not seen or read about them talking game.   Makes sense of course, now that I pause to think about it.  :) Mark really is in a good position.  

Mark and James said they are each others ride or die while working out yesterday. They have bonded all along over music.  Last night James said he would never vote out Mark. Then the ride or die. Unlike the other sneaky conversations or groups in the HoH, Mark and James relationship is kind of natural and formed in the open chatting ad then sealed in the gym. The Ross group knows that Mark and James are close, Ross thinks Mark is on his side. Ari worries about giving Mark too much information. 

Shannon confuses me. I think someone has told her to lie low right now. She seems a bit out of touch with the USA right now. She is really into living in Africa with her animals and her diet. Her personal life surprised me, she doesnt want kids, and her "Simon", her boyfriend is kind of shocking if it is who everyone says it is. 

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 2
11 minutes ago, Wings said:

This is already a stupid thing to argue about :)  I don't know Shannon personally and certainly I haven't spoken to her about her conversations with Keisha or Omarosa.  

Lacking other information, I'm going to continue believing it's totes possible she was not being 100% honest with her game adversaries.

• Love 3
On 2/10/2018 at 12:38 PM, Wings said:

Julie told Chuck that he is going home and will be able to watch everything.  I don't think they know this.  Their DRs would be very different.  

On 2/11/2018 at 2:10 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Yes, the evicted hgs will be able to watch the show and I imagine even the feeds if they want to. The ones still in the house don't know this though. In BB3 they were able to watch as well, but the hgs knew about it that time.

Yes they know. I think it was the first full day feeds were on someone was asking Ross about it, confirming that they get to go home and watch the rest of the show and then vote.  Ross said it was true.  So maybe not all know, or they don't understand, but some do. 

14 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Shannon confuses me. I think someone has told her to lie low right now. She seems a bit out of touch with the USA right now. She is really into living in Africa with her animals and her diet. Her personal life surprised me, she doesnt want kids, and her "Simon", her boyfriend is kind of shocking if it is who everyone says it is. 

Details please! My quick and dirty Google search didn't lead me to much, mainly because I wasn't sure what I was looking for. And I'm lazy.

17 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

hannon confuses me. I think someone has told her to lie low right now. She seems a bit out of touch with the USA right now. She is really into living in Africa with her animals and her diet. Her personal life surprised me, she doesnt want kids, and her "Simon", her boyfriend is kind of shocking if it is who everyone says it is. 

He's listed on her Wikipedia page:

She is an environmentalist and vegan. Elizabeth has been dating fellow vegan and environmentalist Russell Simmons since early 2014.

Russell has 12 sexual assault accusations.

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Details please! My quick and dirty Google search didn't lead me to much, mainly because I wasn't sure what I was looking for. And I'm lazy.

Simon is her code word supposedly for her boyfriend Russell Simmons. Russel has many recent sexual assault accusers. I wonder if BB is making her say Simon? or she is doing it . I think she would be less of a fan favorite if it was front page news.

12 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

She is an environmentalist and vegan. Elizabeth has been dating fellow vegan and environmentalist Russell Simmons since early 2014.

My mind has just been blown. No wonder Omarosa seems so eager to hang with her and her man. 

Edited by keke23
  • Love 6
16 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

7 minutes ago, silverspoons said:

Simon is her code word supposedly for her boyfriend Russell Simmons. Russel has many recent sexual assault accusers. I wonder if BB is making her say Simon? or she is doing it . I think she would be less of a fan favorite if it was front page news.

Oh. (If a sound effect could accompany this "Oh", it would be the sad trombone sound as I went from YAY! Juicy gossip! mode to Ugh. Another one. mode.)

Well. That's... interesting. I don't want to judge because obviously, we have no idea what's happening behind the scenes in her life but yeah. Just yeah. I must have missed that one in the slew of all the others. 

ETA: Look at me, not judging someone on Big Brother. This may be a first, y'all.

Edited by Callaphera
  • Love 7
13 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Just so this doesn't get too far off topic, it seems like that information is false. Unless they've decided to have an open relationship, Russell has had several girlfriends since 2015, when it's said that Shannon/Russell supposedly split. Russell's new rumoured girlfriend is Donna D'Errico (since Sept. 2017). He also has been living in Los Angeles, so unless he flies back and forth from Africa, I'm going to say that information is likely inaccurate. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Wings said:

I missed them not allowing Shannon in the HOH bedroom.  Good grief.  That must have been when they saw her playing pool with James on the TV?

I am fine with Shannon going, it makes sense.  Love her work with animals but not her game play. 

They showed it on the show last night.

3 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Well, it really does look like Ross wants Omarosa out sooner rather than later. Good on him for not forgetting how dangerous she can be. But I guess Shannon's the bigger target.

Ross wants Omarosa out for sure. He talked too soon and told everyone that Omarosa is a great person to take F2 because they could win against her. Now his group is targeting others and he is trying to get Omarosa back on the radar but Ari is certainly not wasting her HoH on Omarosa. 

49 minutes ago, phlebas said:

Behavior like this prompted my earlier speculation about whether Shannon had any training or experience in aikido.  Unlike many other martial arts, much of aikido’s discipline and philosophy is focused on de-escalating or outright neutralizing aggression - or, failing that, to feint an opponent into an unbalanced aggressive response which may be more easily countered.  

I would be inclined to attribute much of the behavior people have described as Shannon being “cowed” as more likely Shannon playing submissive to either defuse aggression, or see how far the other will take it.

29 minutes ago, Wings said:

While I know you mean “fatal” in a totally un-reality game sense, I couldn’t help but chuckle at the prospect of Omarosa getting so worked up at Shannon as to pull out a Glock and pop a cap in her ass.  :D

23 minutes ago, gunderda said:

Yes they know. I think it was the first full day feeds were on someone was asking Ross about it, confirming that they get to go home and watch the rest of the show and then vote.  Ross said it was true.  So maybe not all know, or they don't understand, but some do. 

While I’m sure the HGs all know this on an intellectual level (i.e. the information is parked in their brains somewhere), I get the strong impression at least a few of them may not understand what it means in terms of considering its implications.

• Love 6

sounds like a bash shannon session right now in HOH.  Brandi started saying how shannon's agent(?) was able to get some of the other people's contracts - then fish.

I think it was mentioned earlier that people accidentally got someone else's contract but it sounds like that isn't really true. Don't think it was on accident.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, gunderda said:

sounds like a bash shannon session right now in HOH.  Brandi started saying how shannon's agent(?) was able to get some of the other people's contracts - then fish.

I think it was mentioned earlier that people accidentally got someone else's contract but it sounds like that isn't really true. Don't think it was on accident.

Actually, Brandi was mentioning how her own agent got Shannon's contract and....fish.

Also, Omarosa said this:

Omarosa, Shannon has never said one personally bad thing about you, that I can recall. You've said many personal things about her. Therefroe, you're not "owed one". She also thinks that Shannon was campaigning while Omarosa was "hooked to an IV".

• Love 2
13 hours ago, zibnchy said:

I managed to miss all the discussion of the air quality. I only know it's bad. Can anyone kinda brief me on why? I know they closed off much of the back yard (for comps I assume), but don't they have any fresh air coming in? Frankly sleeping in a room without windows would possibly be a deal breaker for me.

I read somewhere they brought in an air purifier. Why is it so bad? Are they doing construction next door?

I'm wheezing just thinking about the house.

Although I guess Ari and Metta were coughing from something that happened in the HoH comp (which I didn't know at the time they were coughing), somehow I missed it when the air quality first became a topic this season.  For example, was it before Omarosa had her asthma attack?  

I would have to imagine that it must have something to do with what you said about most of the yard being shut off.  I'm just speculating, but possibly the constant construction to set up the comps in this condensed season, without much down time in between set-ups, is  sending some rogue dust and particles into the tiny section of the yard that is open, and maybe into the house. 

I know that the house probably doesn't smell great in any season of BB, but I don't recall too much air quality talk in previous seasons -- but, then again, all of the other seasons (including BBOTT) have the large yard open and available to them, and the comps are not being set up at such a rapid rate.  It just seems like there must be better air circulation in a normal season that isn't so short.

13 hours ago, missyb said:

I agree with this post so much. BBOTT was do much fun to watch. I do remember it created a terrible divide on another board. Feelings were so strong from one side to the other. But the transparency was awesome.

I remember the BBOTT cast being very polarizing, and there were a lot of house guests who rubbed people the wrong way, from both sides of the house.  Some of the things we got to see (which would normally be kept from us in a normal season of BB) were dull and boring, of course, but we also saw enough other good stuff to make up for those duller moments.    I think we saw a lot more talking and interacting -- for better and for worse -- between the HGs during that season.   

One thing I did not like about BBOTT was the way the nominations were presented, with the HoH in a room, away from the other HGs.  That was stupid and it took too much unnecessary time.  Thankfully, they are not doing that nonsense in this Celebrity season or in the normal BB seasons.

11 hours ago, Wings said:

Would have loved Meta as HOH.  Damn. I have no clue who he would nominate.  Or who would have the most influence with him is more like it. 

Metta is a true wild card.  No one can really even tell if he understands what is happening or how it all works.  He might nominate someone and  somehow think that he is actually keeping them safe.   While a Metta HoH win would be a pointless waste of an HoH week in a normal season of BB, for a few short days in the Celeb season, it would make for a lot of giggles.  It would keep people on their toes.

7 hours ago, keke23 said:

Last night I fell asleep as they were still waiting for HoH room. I assume Brandi is the other person in the HoH bed? That thing is gigantic. I want one in my life so I can just lay in one corner.

From what I saw last night seems like Shannon is still on Ari's hit list. I want to see what kind of toughness Ari is made of.

I am so excited to be home sick today.

Yes.  Brandi slept in Ari's HoH bed last night, after some back and forth discussion of who would be sleeping up in the HoH room.   I couldn't figure out what was happening.  I think Ross was going to sleep up there with the two of them, but he said he would do whatever Ari wanted him to do (stay in the room with them or not stay with them), so he happily ended up downstairs, which he was fine with.  I think Ross might sleep in the HoH room tonight, if I understood the plan correctly. 

There was also some talk about someone downstairs not having a bed (one of the men) because one of the other beds was too noisy, and so someone wanted to sleep elsewhere, away from the noise.  So Marissa (who agreed that there was a noisy bed) switched to a different bed so that the guy (whoever it was) that didn't have a bed would have a place to sleep.  It was all very confusing to me.  lol

5 hours ago, Wings said:

I missed them not allowing Shannon in the HOH bedroom.  Good grief.  That must have been when they saw her playing pool with James on the TV?

I am fine with Shannon going, it makes sense.  Love her work with animals but not her game play. 

I wish I had seen the actual incident play out on the feeds (somehow I missed it) instead of just on the CBS episode, because things were edited in a certain way (for the episode) that make it look like Shannon heard things she might not have heard, and that she was standing at the door longer than she was.  I would have preferred to see what happened in real time, to see what actually happened without the editing.  It might make a big difference.

I think that how it transpired was that several of them were talking in the room -- partially about backdooring Shannon or about making some decision that Shannon would not agree with or like.  They didn't want Shannon to see them all together, chatting without her there, because they knew she would be suspicious. 

I think they saw her coming to the room before she got there (though I could be totally wrong on that), and had to act quickly.  So they turned out the lights and pretended to be sleeping just as Shannon walked up to the door.  She then stood outside and tried to determined if anyone was talking (or sleeping).  But I don't know what she actually heard, if anything.

The way this incident was shown on the actual CBS episode made it look like Shannon was standing outside the door as they were all talking, and that she could hear them talking, and that they suddenly decided to turn out the lights and fake being asleep as she was standing there.  I'm not sure if that's exactly how it happened, though.     This is where the feeds come in handy -- and I have the feeds but still managed to miss it anyway!  lol

4 hours ago, missyb said:

I  can not stand Brandi but from what I am reading about last nights conversation, she has a good grasp on the game. Of course she has played it before ( CBBUK). Her idea to Ari was but James and Mark as a pawn. James will play extra hard to win and then they can backdoor Shannon. It really is a good idea, They both know they are the focus to go next. One of the two goes either way. Unless some "twist" that was mentioned saves them both.

Brandi does have a pretty good grasp of the game, and she is acting more normal now (minus the drunken behavior last week) than I have ever seen her act on the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (before she was booted off of that show).  She is quite toned down and mellow at the moment -- but she is a loose cannon, always ready to create drama at the drop of a hat, and could snap at any moment.

I think that in a short season like this, a lot of the house guests will be able to keep it together and not throw too many tantrums, or have too many loud, screaming fights.  There has been some tension, of course, and some heated discussions/tense moments -- but nothing like we would see in a normal season.   Everyone is being pretty civil to each other -- even the ones who don't really like each other.    They're not going to be together long enough to  have time to let hostility fester and rise to the surface.   If these same people were in the house for 2 or 3 months, I think it would be a different story! 

I think that Brandi also wanted James and Mark on the block because she doesn't like either of them.  She said she dislikes Omarosa, but she dislikes Mark even more than Omarosa (for some reason that I don't understand).  And we already knew that she didn't like James from the start.  So, she probably wants them on the block so that just in case the 'backdoor Shannon' plan goes awry and either James or Mark has to go, she won't be losing anyone she likes.

4 hours ago, Wings said:

Mark is doing a good job. He is well liked and seems to be a loner.  He is with Ross but that is totally under the radar.  

I agree.  I think Mark is coming across in a good way in this season.   He is not making an ass of himself, and is staying out of conflict and trouble.   He is not yapping and blabbing secrets at every turn.   

Mark is not new to me, and I have known of him and known of his personality since the '90s, so maybe I am just used to him.  But he has always seemed to be a decent, upbeat, much-smarter-than-you-would-expect kind of guy.  I might be mistaken on this, but I think he did very well on Rock & Roll Jeopardy many years ago.  And that was when he was much younger and his mind was probably sharper.  So, even though that was not the "real" Jeopardy, by any means, I think it showed that he is a reasonably bright guy, at least in terms of being able to retain details and remember things.

Edited by TVFan17
typo and clarification
  • Love 1

Dare I say that I am really enjoying this "celebrity" version of BB?  Everyone is in the game, even Metta--though I think he was unclear on the concept at first, he's caught up and his natural competitiveness is coming out.  There are no clear alliances, no one person or faction is in charge, loyalties are fluctuating...  This is Big Brother as it should be, instead of the boring "vote with the house, even though I want to do something else" which is funny since both the votes so far have been nearly unanimous, but neither has been routine.  I'm really digging surfing this wave rather than being stuck in the quicksand regular BB has become.  Is it the pace?  Is it this set of hamsters?  Whatever it is, I want this magic formula repeated.

And to whomever dubbed Mark as Groot, I am dying laughing because it is so perfect.  Thank you.

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Uh - y’all, Wikipedia isn’t necessarily the voice of all that which is truth - or which is current, even.  Shannon moved to Cape Town in Nov. 2016, and currently appears to be in a stable relationship with a local named “Simon” (not “Simmons”).

At last word, Russell Simmons was taking an “extended stay” in the uplands of Bali - ostensibly to write a book about “spirituality, healing and yoga”, but more likely to avoid prosecution on sexual assault charges.  Prior to Bali, Simmons was still living stateside.

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

The bashing sessions are such a commonplace thing in BB, but damn they piss me off every time. Especially since Shannon has done pretty much nothing lol.

Echo echo echo.  I despise the whole “villainization” ploy with every fiber of my being; its hypocrisy stinks to high heaven.

16 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

LOL at Brandi admitting her agent was shown other hgs' contracts.

Assuming, of course, Brandi is telling the truth.  Care to make a bet on that?  ;)

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Apparently he was a 3 time champion on Rock & Roll Jeopardy.   I’ve only watched one season of The Apprentice but it was Mark’s, and he was pretty likable on that, too.

He hosted the Extra also.

10 minutes ago, Nashville said:

Uh - y’all, Wikipedia isn’t necessarily the voice of all that which is truth - or which is current, even.

You're right. But, JMO, Shannon is the type to update her own page.

Brandi was talking about her kids step-mom for a bit.  (Leeann Rimes - kinda shocked she's still with Eddie what's his face).  Brandi calls her "Lee" as that is what her kids call her.  Omarosa said "how do the kids like their new mom?" and then she asked if "new mom" was the correct term or a bad term and Brandi said it was bad because they only have one mom.  Omarosa asked if they got along, Brandi says it goes back and forth. O asked if she was an evil step mother and Brandi says "she can be, but right now she's ok" 

• Love 1

I can never tell if O is being genuine or trying to get under someone's skin on the sly. For that one she did really seem to have no clue who Lee was but still why would she think new mom is the proper term.

And really I just want to see her and Brandi go toe to toe not be bffs. 

• Love 5

James and Shannon are trying to get their group together to discuss nominations. Only Brandi, Marissa are available. Someone is going to go get Ari because she's downstairs.  Ross is sleeping and they don't want to wake him up.  James is going to go get Mark. 

So james and Shannon think they are going to nom Omarosa and Metta? I don't think there's anyone else they're leaving out of this 'meeting'

Omarosa told Brandi and Marissa that Shannon told Omarosa (keeping up???) that Marissa was celebrating when Omarosa went to the hospital.  That upset Marissa.  She asked Brandi when they were alone if she thought Omarosa was telling the truth.  Brandi says no. Marissa says ok good then I don't have to be upset with her when we're out of the house.

Now Brandi and Shannon are alone and Brandi is reporting this to Shannon.  Shannon says it is absolutely a lie. 

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, keke23 said:

I can never tell if O is being genuine or trying to get under someone's skin on the sly. For that one she did really seem to have no clue who Lee was but still why would she think new mom is the proper term.

And really I just want to see her and Brandi go toe to toe not be bffs. 

Omarosa  is passive aggressive to an extreme degree.  There was nothing to be gained by antagonizing Brandi.  She enjoysit, it makes her feel powerful. She knew damn well new mom was hurtful and not the correct term.

Edited by Wings
  • Love 6

I honestly don't understand why Ari thinks she needs bodyguards to protect her from Shannon. What do they think Shannon's going to do? Beat Ari with a pool stick? Cry?

ETA: Brandi and Marissa just told Omarosa about the Backdoor Shannon plan that never happened.

• Love 1