Jump to content
Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
peachmangosteen

Season 1 Live Feed Discussion

Recommended Posts

Thought I'd start this since there was a feeds sneak peek today. It was 15 minutes long. Flashback to 2 pm if you wanna watch.

It seems like there may be an Omarosa/Marissa/Shannon alliance. They were shown pinky swearing.

Apparently there will be at least one more sneak peek before the feeds officially start.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Also going by Joker Updates:

Omarosa is sick of reality shows where women don't get along

Wow. Did she pick the wrong show or what? Women getting along on Big Brother? HA!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/2/2018 at 6:18 PM, peachmangosteen said:

Thought I'd start this since there was a feeds sneak peek today. It was 15 minutes long. Flashback to 2 pm if you wanna watch.

It seems like there may be an Omarosa/Marissa/Shannon alliance. They were shown pinky swearing.

Apparently there will be at least one more sneak peek before the feeds officially start.

Thanks for the update but since I don't know who any of these people are other than Omarosa I'm somewhat at a loss to follow.  Is there any way possible while still on page 1 of this thread -- thus convenient and easy to use because you can stay in the one thread -- to maybe list the cast members and a one line description of who they are.  Something like a "you can't tell the players without a program" back in the day at baseball parks.  If possible then thanks in advance.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
14 hours ago, green said:

Thanks for the update but since I don't know who any of these people are other than Omarosa I'm somewhat at a loss to follow.  Is there any way possible while still on page 1 of this thread -- thus convenient and easy to use because you can stay in the one thread -- to maybe list the cast members and a one line description of who they are.  Something like a "you can't tell the players without a program" back in the day at baseball parks.  If possible then thanks in advance.

I'd like to welcome you to Callaphera's guide to the Celebrity Cast, with bonus commentary -- I tried to not do commentary but it's impossible.
Click the spoiler for the info (I hid it because picture heavy):

Spoiler

142px-Ariadna_Guti%C3%A9rrez.jpg
Ariadna Gutiérrez - Miss Colombia in the 2015 Miss Universe pageant and hilariously and mistakenly announced as the winner, therefore I dub her Miss Universe For A Hot Second.

6a00e554e8195d88330192abe5bb92970d-600wi
Brandi Glanville - Real Housewife of Beverly Hills. Was married to Eddie Cibrian and lost him to LeAnn Rimes. Those were some good tabloid stories.

Chuck_Liddell_cropped.jpg
Chuck Liddell - MMA dude. Punched people for a living. Doesn't punch people anymore.

174px-James_Maslow_BTR_Paparazzo.jpg
James Maslow - Was on some Nickelodean show, "Big Time Rush"? Also did a round of Dancing with the Stars. He looks like jailbait. NEXT!

4394.jpg
Keshia Knight Pulliam - Rudy from The Cosby Show. That... about covers it.

180px-Marissa_Jaret_Winokur.jpg
Marissa Jaret Winokur - Broadway actress, won a Tony for her role in Hairspray. Been dabbling in the reality show circuit for a few years now.

200px-Mark_McGrath_2014.jpg
Mark McGrath- Iiiii just wanna see him fly off a cliff. Destroyed the world's ears as the frontman for Sugar Ray. Made it worse when he became an Extra! correspondent/host.

148px-Metta_World_Peace.jpg
Metta World Peace - former NBA player. I prefer my sports to be the kind where you pick your teeth up off the ground when the whistle blows so you're kinda on your own. Yes, he chose that name.

169px-Omarosa_Manigault_by_Gage_Skidmore
Omarosa Manigault - I dunno, just some woman... okay, fine. Shot to fame when a piece of plaster concrete gently landed fell on her head from a terrifying height on The Apprentice before it was Celebrity Apprentice. Worked for the current White House administration. Never. Shuts. Up.

164px-Ross_Mathews.jpg
Ross Matthews - started out on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno as Ross the Intern. Does everything. Drag Race, Celebrity Fit Club, E! red carpet events.

194px-Shannon_Elizabeth_2012.jpg
Shannon Elizabeth - American Pie, Scary Movie, Jay and Silent Bob. And she'll take all your money at the poker table because she played... as professionally as a celebrity can? Another Dancing with the Stars alum.

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks I really appreciate the above.  Boy are these guys bottom of the barrel.  They should re-entitle the show "Big Brother: Who Ever Heard of These Guys?" 

No wonder they "jumped" at a chance at adding Omarosa because between being fired from The Apprentice and The White House (or The Apprentice 2 if you may) she at least has some name recognition with the general public.  I guess the former NBA player does too but I got him immediately mixed up with another player so not so much for me. 

Otherwise you'd have to be some pop culture junkie to have ever heard of most any of the others.  Like I know about The Cosby Show but who remembers actors' names who were on it other than Cosby?  I mean really who goes around carrying cast lists in their head from years ago or even now for that matter outside of maybe the star of the series.

So thanks again for the above because the description plus a picture is golden to me.

Edited by green
  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post

1 hour ago, green said:

Otherwise you'd have to be some pop culture junkie to have ever heard of most any of the others.  Like I know about The Cosby Show but who remembers actors' names who were on it other than Cosby?  I mean really who goes around carrying cast lists in their head from years ago or even now for that matter outside of maybe the star of the series.

*enthusiastically waves hand* Me! Me! Me!

I don't try to remember these things but my brain, when forced between math and pop culture news, says "Pass the popcorn and turn on TMZ." And that pop culture junkie brain would like to point out that Omarosa was fired twice from The Apprentice: once on the non-celeb edition and then again on a celeb edition. She probably doesn't know how to get fired without dramatic music and mood lighting and bad toupees. 

Random pop culture knowledge also comes in handy for watching Jeopardy!

James Maslow was the only one I had to look up for more than their Wiki picture or how to properly spell their names. The rest I knew by sight and name. This show is made for someone like me. I actually hoped that it would have trashier people on it. I have no shame. 

  • Like 23

Share this post


Link to post

Actually,  a lot of the posters on this site are just the type of people who "go around with cast lists from years ago.......". That's what I like about this site, because though I'm not one of those people, I love having my memory jogged or learning new useless information & I appreciate those who can do that for me.  I do agree, this show will be the Omerosa show  because these people are the depth of the Z list.

  • Like 9

Share this post


Link to post

For me, the weakness of the cast is actually kind of a relief; I feel zero personal investment with pretty much the entire cast, so I can ignore major chunks of this season without feeling like I’m missing out on anything.  :>  At the very least, I won’t feel bad about not shadowing the feed notes.

  • Like 8

Share this post


Link to post

So....there are live feeds for the "celebrity" edition too?  I would have thought celebrities concerned about their "brand" would not want their 24/7 appearance and utterances and behaviors out there for posterity.  But, I guess if you're a Z-lister, then any publicity is good publicity...

 

I'm rooting for Rudy Huxtable and Miss Universe for a Hot Second.  The rest are "meh" to active hate (Omarosa, imma lookin' right at you) from me.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

17 hours ago, Callaphera said:

*enthusiastically waves hand* Me! Me! Me!

I don't try to remember these things but my brain, when forced between math and pop culture news, says "Pass the popcorn and turn on TMZ." And that pop culture junkie brain would like to point out that Omarosa was fired twice from The Apprentice: once on the non-celeb edition and then again on a celeb edition. She probably doesn't know how to get fired without dramatic music and mood lighting and bad toupees. 

Random pop culture knowledge also comes in handy for watching Jeopardy!

James Maslow was the only one I had to look up for more than their Wiki picture or how to properly spell their names. The rest I knew by sight and name. This show is made for someone like me. I actually hoped that it would have trashier people on it. I have no shame. 

Haha.  Well then I will differ to you in all things pop culture and learn from your feet this season.  I do fill my head with trivia too but it more like endless history buff trivia as well as tons of baseball stats (majorly into fantasy baseball leagues).  So no memory cells left over for pop culture I guess.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
53 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Just saw this.

Did anyone catch the live feed sneak peak?

 

ETA: Just checked Twitter and it looks like the sneak peek has been delayed.  No ETA at the moment.

ETA #2: Feeds up! (as of ~6pm BB time)

Edited by zenithwit

Share this post


Link to post

I'm reading some updates from Joker's.

Sounds like Chuck/James nominated, with a possibility of James being replaced by Mark. According to Ari/Omarosa, Mark did something shady that makes him a target, while James was initially the targeted but "chilled out" once on the block.

Also, sounds like Shannon won POV, and another girl (Keshia?) won HOH. 

I still am not planning to watch the feeds.  

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not watching the feeds....at least not yet. I only know Brandi (can't stand her when she was on The Real Housewives of Beverly Hill and also didn't like her on Celebrity Big Brother UK), Chuck Liddell (UFC legend....he has also small parts in movies [I think]) and Omarosa (she is a great villain). Oh yeah and the actress from American Pie, Scary Movie, etc....Shannon Elizabeth (?).

 

edit: interesting they have live feeds for the celebrity version! cool

Edited by Vicky8675309

Share this post


Link to post

So it sounds like there's a big alliance of all the women. I expect it to end within the next 2 days lol.

I'm hearing that Shannon won HOH and Keisha won veto but also that Keisha won HOH and Shannon won veto. Sounds like Chuck/James were nommed with James as the target, but then Mark replaced Chuck on the block and may be the new target.

Little paraphrased transcript of an Ariadna/Brandi convo that I found:

Quote

Brandi – their ego’s are bent
Ariadna – they are so jealous we are together
Brandi – it’s that bro mentality it’s unfortunate, It’s in their genes..
Ariadna – C’mon, screaming like crazy.. oh you have to check everything again, because they were cheating. Shannon, Keisha and Brandi was helping them (about mark)
BRandi says she wasn’t cheating
Ariadna – Shannon and Keisha wasn’t cheating
Brandi – I know.. THey’re poor sports.. They’re underdogs.
Brandi – they are getting beat by girls.. the’re being big Babies

ETA: I found a vid of yesterday's leak.

And here's the leak from the 2nd.

Edited by peachmangosteen

Share this post


Link to post

Sounds like Ari got a punishment for veto (crawling around like a baby, I think?); possibly James too.

That's all I got. Oh, besides the girls liking Chuck. 

Also, I'm trying to figure out why Twitter hates James so much. 

Share this post


Link to post

So what's the probability that these clearly planned leaks are testing a concept for future BB seasons?  Or in other words, will we see "sneak peaks" during the first week going forward?

Share this post


Link to post

16 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, I'm trying to figure out why Twitter hates James so much. 

Wow, Twitter chose their sacrifice early this year (I didn't see anything on reddit and oh, God, it's started, you guys. I'm checking the websites and social media. It's only downhill from here).

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

All I know is Jokers keeps talking about the Maslow Army on Twitter.

That reminds me, I saw something on Twitter about some kind of audience vote. Anybody hear anything about that?

Edited by peachmangosteen

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Callaphera said:

Wow, Twitter chose their sacrifice early this year (I didn't see anything on reddit and oh, God, it's started, you guys. I'm checking the websites and social media. It's only downhill from here).

Damnit, so am I. I'm literally on Reddit, reading what people are saying.

I swore I wouldn't! DAMNITTTTTTTTT.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

I am looking forward to this show. I never saw the Celebrity Big Brother UK, but it looks like fun. I could see Omarosa & Brandi  being the loudest females in the house. Rudy Huxtable is all grown up!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post

Ahh, help meeeee! I don't know if I should sign up for the feeds. After over a year of freedom, I'm starting a full-time job on Monday. I probably shouldn't tempt myself to stay up late watching feeds, right? But I will be following along here.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
On ‎2018‎-‎02‎-‎06 at 6:25 PM, Lady Calypso said:

 

Also, I'm trying to figure out why Twitter hates James so much. 

Well, now we know!  He's an obnoxious twit!

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Well, now we know!  He's an obnoxious twit!

Whoever thought Omarosa would be the one that everyone is rooting for?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

Hi guys! I brought wine! Brandi Glanville can be my feeds drinking buddy.

2 minutes ago, zenithwit said:

Whoever thought Omarosa would be the one that everyone is rooting for?

I'm torn. Because I love the character of Omarosa and on reality shows, she amuses the fuck out of me. But I'm not sure she thinks of her antics that way. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post

I've got the feeds but I haven't turned them on yet. I'm always too embarrassed to watch them in front of Mr Pixiebomb. But tonight he actually sat through the entire episode and enjoyed himself. Strange Days indeed!  

Edited by Pixiebomb · Reason: Just realized feeds aren't up yet.
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Callaphera said:

Hi guys! I brought wine! Brandi Glanville can be my feeds drinking buddy.

I'm torn. Because I love the character of Omarosa and on reality shows, she amuses the fuck out of me. But I'm not sure she thinks of her antics that way. 

Noooo! Omarosa sucks in all ways. I need her off my TV soon. Well, they'll all be gone in a few weeks, so I guess I can deal with it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post

26 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Per Joker's, apparently Metta is on the verge of self evicting.

LOL, why? It's only three and a half weeks. He's already finished one week. Just two and a half more weeks to go.

I'm now officially intrigued in Metta, just for this reason. Once he calms down, I'll probably be disinterested in him again.

ETA: Also, feeds are up now. I'm reading on Reddit to see what's going on.

Share this post


Link to post

Looks like the feeds are finally up.

Metta was talking to the cameras saying that he is crazy but everyone else is cool and that we'll see on the tapes.

Oh and he thanked BB for letting him wear his panda shirts.

Share this post


Link to post

Brandi ! Yech . She is as bad if not worse, because she can truly be unfiltered , as she was on Housewives. Huge mouth, hasn't stopped drinking yet, and kind of screeches. Even the girls will be trying to get rid go her soon. She si a big liability to an alliance. Too big a mouth. Although she will say she is the loyalist bitch in the house. 

Edited by missyb
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Brandi seems to already be annoying a lot of people in the house (Mark, James and Omarosa included).  She is drinking and acting obnoxious (which was her standard Real Housewives behavior for several years before she was totally "let go" from the series).   Marissa suggested that Brandi is probably the reason why people don't usually get alcohol in the house.   

Brandi tried to hump random produce on a bed, with her butt to the camera.   She tried to give Omarosa a lap dance.   She keeps calling Keshia  "Rudy Huxtable," which, strangely, is bothering Omarosa much more than it is bothering Keshia.    Omarosa had to restrain herself from yelling at Brandi when she said "Rudy Huxtable" one too many times.

Brandi threw Shannon under the bus about something she said (I missed hearing exactly what it was), and Shannon tried to tell her (away from others) that she can't do that kind of thing, and ruin Shannon's game.   I think that Shannon then tried to do damage control with some of the guys, which Omarosa and Keshia thought was a bad idea.   They want people to think that Brandi is just drunkenly rambling and that she is not saying anything that is actually game-related.

At one point, Ross thanked Omarosa and someone else for "gracefully" handling Brandi.  (I think that Ross and Brandi are actually semi-friends to some degree outside of the house, especially through his partner, Salvador.)

Chuck looks like he doesn't know what kind of hell he has been trapped in, and Metta looks sullen and mopey.   Mark is competitive and wouldn't choose to leave, but he says that if he gets voted out at some point, he will consider it a relief/blessing.

It's weird seeing them all lounging around in that tiny backyard.   The seating area seems so cramped when a bunch of them are there.  I understand why the space has to be so small this season, but I definitely prefer the more spacious backyard we usually see.

Edited to add:  One thing I actually prefer about this Celebrity version of BB is that at least I don't have to spend any time learning the houseguests' names.  In a regular season, or in BBOTT, I spend so much time trying to remember names and faces.  It usually takes me a good week or two before I have it all straight and everyone figured out.  This time around, I just jumped right in and didn't have to waste time on any of that.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post

Oh Brandi...Already Being a hot mess! Alcohol is not your friend girl! Idk why they even have it when they don't get it in regular BB. It will get her out of the house so fast. It'll suck but i can't blame everyone for turning on her.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, TVFan17 said:

Chuck looks like he doesn't know what kind of hell he has been trapped in ...

LOL! He was already kind of my fave after the first ep since he said he didn't know any of the previous HGs that showed up and this just adds to me like for him

They probably should evict Brandi asap, but I hope they don't becasue she is an entertaining mess.

Is the target still James?

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
36 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

LOL! He was already kind of my fave after the first ep since he said he didn't know any of the previous HGs that showed up and this just adds to me like for him

They probably should evict Brandi asap, but I hope they don't becasue she is an entertaining mess.

Is the target still James?

I think James is still the target.  It was hard to tell, but it seems like he or maybe Mark might be the ones who are targets.   I could be wrong on that, though.

In this short of a season, I wish they had allowed us to see the first week of them being in the house.  That's one thing I loved about the BBOTT season in fall 2016 -- we got to see everyone meeting each other and walking into the house.   It was a long process, getting everyone in and acquainted, but it was effective.   That first week is important as far as seeing who is clicking or clashing with each other, who is partnering up, who looks completely lost, etc.

I agree that they probably should evict Brandi ASAP -- that would be the sensible thing to do -- but, as you said, keeping her in the house (especially just for a couple of short weeks and not 3 long months) might be a better plan.  Not only will she be an entertaining hot mess (and probably cannot be trusted in any sort of alliance), but she will also take the heat off of others in the house when she annoys everyone.

I wondered what was going through Chuck's mind when he was sitting out in the tiny yard, in the cramped space, listening to all of them yammering on.  I wish there had been a thought bubble somewhere near his head.  He and Metta are definitely the fish out of water this season, I suppose.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post

Brandi is an easy first out, clearly.  

I love Meta clutching the stuffed owl. I know little about him but like what I see.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, RandomWatcher said:

Per Jokers, apparently Brandi tried to ride the squash and that's not a euphemism for anything.

She did, indeed.  That is the "produce humping" I mentioned above, with her butt in the air.  It was charming.

Share this post


Link to post

Reading up on what I missed.

Yeah, Brandi is one who I do not like. I'm not really fond of this kind of drunken behaviour. I especially get annoyed when it's someone who constantly acts this way when drunk. It's very obnoxious to me, and even in university, I was not fond of it. I even disliked drinking much myself because I tended to act like a fool. Having a 45 year old woman act this way is not appealing to me at all. I personally find it pathetic, in all honesty. So it's no surprise a personality like Brandi turns me off. 

It does seem like James is definitely going, which is fine for me. I'm personally hoping for Omarosa or Brandi to go next. Omarosa is going to steamroll to the finals at this rate, since people seem to not hate her, and Brandi's already on my nerves with her drunken mess. However, people keeping Brandi isn't a bad idea, as she is a hot mess. Plus, since it's a shortened season, I could probably be able to tolerate her for the two and a half weeks if I had to. Luckily, I'm still not jumping on watching clips of the feeds.

Also, another note: houseguests are actually UP right now. It's only 7:30 and several of them are already up and getting ready! What a nice surprise! 

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
15 minutes ago, Lady Calypso said:

Reading up on what I missed.

Yeah, Brandi is one who I do not like. I'm not really fond of this kind of drunken behaviour. I especially get annoyed when it's someone who constantly acts this way when drunk. It's very obnoxious to me, and even in university, I was not fond of it. I even disliked drinking much myself because I tended to act like a fool. Having a 45 year old woman act this way is not appealing to me at all. I personally find it pathetic, in all honesty. So it's no surprise a personality like Brandi turns me off. 

It does seem like James is definitely going, which is fine for me. I'm personally hoping for Omarosa or Brandi to go next. Omarosa is going to steamroll to the finals at this rate, since people seem to not hate her, and Brandi's already on my nerves with her drunken mess. However, people keeping Brandi isn't a bad idea, as she is a hot mess. Plus, since it's a shortened season, I could probably be able to tolerate her for the two and a half weeks if I had to. Luckily, I'm still not jumping on watching clips of the feeds.

Also, another note: houseguests are actually UP right now. It's only 7:30 and several of them are already up and getting ready! What a nice surprise! 

Brandi always seemed very immature and sad on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, as well as constantly causing problems and drama.  I mean, you know something went terribly awry if Bravo let one of their primary pot-stirrers and troublemakers go from the show, seeing as they usually want someone to bring the drama.  The fact that Brandi was eventually too much for them to handle on the show speaks volumes.

Also, Brandi was naturally a very pretty woman, and she has messed up her face.  In her natural, unmodified state, pre-cosmetic enhancements, with just a bit of make-up, she was a very attractive girl.  She started in with the facial 'adjustments' years ago, but I think she must have recently had something else done -- like a fresh procedure -- before starting this season of BB.  Her face looks more 'done' than usual.

Edited by TVFan17
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...

Customize font-size