Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E10: Everything We Did Was for Nothing

As Laurel struggles to come to terms with what happened on that tragic night, Annalise and Frank work together to do what they believe is best for the group. Meanwhile, details involving a past murder come to light as Annalise continues to build her class action.

So, since Oliver got advice from Asher on how to handle being in Murder Club, I guess he's officially part of the K5.

Also, I get that Oliver feels a lot of guilt about what happened to Simon, but he is not thinking through what he's doing. I'm pretty sure that claiming to be Simon's boyfriend will come back to haunt him.

At least Laurel tried to take responsibilty for her role in this latest shitshow.

Frank, Annalise and Bonnie have one helluva co-depedent relationship.

Between Bonnie saying she should have let Frank pull the trigger and Michaela spilling the beans to Frank about his role causing in Laurel's  baby's premature birth, I watched several scenes tonight through my fingers.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 6

I see trouble in paradise with Oliver and Connor. Both are very snippy toward each other and aren't communicating well at all. Oliver's pissed that Connor and the others aren't taking Simon's injury seriously enough, and Connor's pissed that Oliver can't focus on anything other than Simon. I guess it's a good thing that they didn't officially get engaged? I wouldn't be surprised if a breakup is coming up. Either that, or they get eloped outright. It's going one of two ways for me. Or I'm wrong, which could be the case. I'll have to see next episode with Oliver/Connor if anything has changed now that Asher has talked to Oliver.

Speaking of Asher, what a good scene for Matt McGorry. I really appreciate when this show allows Asher to get serious, because it always makes me feel bad for him. 

Good on Laurel for taking responsibility and wanting to fix what she had done. I guess the showrunners have heard the complaints about Laurel's actions? Or they were always planning to go down this road with Laurel. 

The whole Frank/Annalise/Bonnie relationship is weird, to put it mildly. But now Frank knows the pre-term labour is his fault. I'm surprised we didn't see more of his reaction, though. They focused more on Annalise in that moment. I can't imagine it doesn't impact Frank's actions in future episodes. 

Michaela's story this episode was...messy. She got to be there for Laurel as a friend, she got to stand up to Annalise and demand the truth, and she got taught something by Tegan, who seems to actually know more than she's letting on. I think that's the case. 

Good on Bonnie/Annalise for starting to air out their many issues. The show does continue to let the characters say some pretty awful things, though. Bonnie wishing Frank pulled the trigger now? Harsh. 

And the end scene of Laurel's mother being the one to call Dominic? Interesting turn of events. 

• Love 5

Does Simon have no friends or family to visit him in the hospital?  They wouldn't have to cast and be in a seen, but a throw away line about them stepping out for food or something, or being delayed in a blizzard which is why he's alone,  I don't know.  Of all the crazy things this show does and glosses over this stuck out to me.  It's so minor.  

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

Does Simon have no friends or family to visit him in the hospital?  They wouldn't have to cast and be in a seen, but a throw away line about them stepping out for food or something, or being delayed in a blizzard which is why he's alone,  I don't know.  Of all the crazy things this show does and glosses over this stuck out to me.  It's so minor.  

Oliver actually mentioned this to the nurse when he was asking to see him: Simon's family is currently in Pakistan and I think don't have passports to come. 

• Love 5

I know I should appreciate that Oliver cares about Simon and is feeling bad about all of this, but I guess I've become jaded to all of the murders on this show, because I am totally with Connor on staying focused on cases and actually doing something instead of obsessing over something they cant control. The two of them arent in a good place, and I dont see them making it through this season as a couple. Connor continues to hold Oliver on a pedestal, while Oliver is bitter towards Connor for being tangentially involved in this whole mess. They're being snippy with each other and not talking, its not a good look for a couple. 

I do love how much Connor cares about his cases. I think he tried to go into corporate law because he thought that was what he was "supposed" to do, and thats why he thought he was over the law, while what he actually wanted to do was help people, and now that he is, he has found his passion for law school again. 

The line about wanting Frank to pull the trigger was BRUTAL. People on this show have done/said some seriously messed up stuff to each other. Its pretty amazing they all stick work together as well as they do. 

Laurels mom was the one who made the call that killed Wes? Plot twist! I am really loving this run of the season so far.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Lady Calypso said:

Oliver actually mentioned this to the nurse when he was asking to see him: Simon's family is currently in Pakistan and I think don't have passports to come. 

Yes - they can't get visas. We also learned a few episodes ago that Simon is undocumented.

4 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Between Bonnie saying she should have let Frank pull the trigger and Michaela spilling the beans to Frank about his role causing in Laurel's  baby's premature birth, I watched several scenes tonight through my fingers.

Yeah! I mean, I don't like Frank, but goddamn, they were just shitting all over him!

Oliver and Connor seem doomed to me. Oliver seems to hate Connor for being a part of this whole mess, and he's wracked with guilt about his involvement. Does anyone think Simon will wake up and have heard everything Oliver said to him?

Laurel's parents are ... something. The mom twist was a good one, and I can't wait for the custody hearing next week.

I know Annalise's wigs are the go-to on the show, but I wish Viola could rock her natural hair because I LOVE IT.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Laurels mom was the one who made the call that killed Wes? Plot twist! I am really loving this run of the season so far.

If this is the case, then I might be done with the show. Shonda did this in another of her shows: made both parents of one character, these psychopaths. I'll see how far they take it. 

2 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I thought he might be lying just to get into to Simon's room.

52 minutes ago, Empress1 said:

Yes - they can't get visas. We also learned a few episodes ago that Simon is undocumented.

But with this piece of information that I forgot, probably not.

If/When Simon wakes up he'll have temporary amnesia, will fall in love with Oliver, who is determined to help him through his recovery, only to then suddenly remember everything in the finale.

Edited by Dee
  • Love 4

I don't watch any of the other Shonda shows,  so I like the mom twist. 

I can't stand Oliver anymore,  he used to be my fave but good God has he gotten horrible.   The worst part is that it's not Connor's influence.   Connor never wanted any of this and has been working so hard to get his life on track while Oliver keeps diving into shitty situations apparently not recalling when Connor showed up on his doorstep a sobbing mess.   But now that it's happened too Oliver,  he expected it to be different.   Wake the fuck up IT kid.   These things suck and bad things happen and you're gonna feel bad about them.   Connor warned you, he's basically your cautionary tale that you ignored. 

• Love 6

I'm glad they finally cleared up that Bonnie loves Annalise in a non-romantic way.  It was interesting that Annalise was unsure of this, but then her boundaries have always been off.  From suffering incest, marrying her therapist, to making the moves on Wes when he got her cheating with Nate - these are such blurred lines.

I'm very confused as to why Annalise thinks Laurel did something that caused her elevator delivery.  We saw exactly what happened.  Annalise believes the lab results are fake.  Annalise agrees that Laurel should be released.  Yet she still keeps questioning that Laurel may be a danger to herself.  Are we supposed to believe it's because Anna herself was such a mess after losing her child?

• Love 1
1 hour ago, RedheadZombie said:

I'm glad they finally cleared up that Bonnie loves Annalise in a non-romantic way.  It was interesting that Annalise was unsure of this, but then her boundaries have always been off.  From suffering incest, marrying her therapist, to making the moves on Wes when he got her cheating with Nate - these are such blurred lines.

I'm very confused as to why Annalise thinks Laurel did something that caused her elevator delivery.  We saw exactly what happened.  Annalise believes the lab results are fake.  Annalise agrees that Laurel should be released.  Yet she still keeps questioning that Laurel may be a danger to herself.  Are we supposed to believe it's because Anna herself was such a mess after losing her child?

It’s becuase of the gun.

8 hours ago, tennisgurl said:

When did this happen?

I just thought it was Laurel's mom calling Dominic's phone. When did we find out that she is the one who made the call to kill Wes? I thought we had already seen that it was Laurel's dad who did that?

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

Well we might not know for sure, but now it seems like Mom might know more about Wes`s death than we thought.

Maybe, but that is a VERY different thing than her mom being the one who made the call to kill Wes.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

It’s becuase of the gun.

I thought she was carrying the gun because Dominick had called to warn her.

2 hours ago, stonehaven said:

I am still trying to figure out the Nate twist....so is Nate really Nate or someone else?

I think the Nate twist is that his father is in prison.

1 hour ago, Neurochick said:

My vote is Oliver.

I fear it's Bonnie.  Laurel's dad was given her name by the D.A.

I’m surprised Frank didn’t burn the car with the Dominic’s dead body inside.

Frank picked just about the stupidest means to destroy Dominic and the evidence.

Car crushers never crush a car just off of the street.  First, for safety reasons, they remove the gas tank and drain the gasoline so as to not set the whole place on fire.  They remove all of the tires, including the spare (IN THE TRUNK).  Those crushed cars are to be sent to be melted down at a steel foundry to be re-cycled and rubber tires do not go to the steel mill.  They also remove the seats, carpeting, and anything else that is not recyclable steel, as well as anything plastic or glass, especially if the part can be resold.   I noticed that every one of the other already crushed cars had NO tires or fancy rims.

OK, assuming that the car crusher did its job tires and all, what happens when newly crushed Dominic starts dripping blood out of the wreck?  What happens when the car arrives at the destination steel mill and some workers have to remove the tires (including the spare IN THE TRUNK) and the upholstery and carpets before melting it down?  What happens when someone notices the stench of human decomposition emanating from that car?  And how long before the police track it back to that junk yard?

Also, Frank disposed of that car in broad daylight during working hours.  As he stood around and watched the junkyard workers doing their thing, they were also WATCHING HIM!  Witnesses--DUMBASS!!!

• Love 7
14 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I see trouble in paradise with Oliver and Connor. Both are very snippy toward each other and aren't communicating well at all. Oliver's pissed that Connor and the others aren't taking Simon's injury seriously enough, and Connor's pissed that Oliver can't focus on anything other than Simon. I guess it's a good thing that they didn't officially get engaged? I wouldn't be surprised if a breakup is coming up. Either that, or they get eloped outright. It's going one of two ways for me. Or I'm wrong, which could be the case. I'll have to see next episode with Oliver/Connor if anything has changed now that Asher has talked to Oliver.

Yeah, this is precisely why I was glad to see they'd held off on getting engaged, because they've still clearly got a LOT of issues they need to work through, old and new. I'm bracing for a breakup, but a sudden elopement would be interesting, too.

Speaking of Asher, what a good scene for Matt McGorry. I really appreciate when this show allows Asher to get serious, because it always makes me feel bad for him. 

Good on Laurel for taking responsibility and wanting to fix what she had done. I guess the showrunners have heard the complaints about Laurel's actions? Or they were always planning to go down this road with Laurel. 

Fully agreed on all of this. 

Regarding Laurel's actions, I wonder if we'll learn there is some actual truth to the idea that Laurel actually might have some sort of mental issues, as a way to try and explain some of her behavior of late. 

The show does continue to let the characters say some pretty awful things, though. Bonnie wishing Frank pulled the trigger now? Harsh. 

Right? And Annalise keeps bringing up Issac's daughter a lot, too. That brutal honesty and lack of filter can be a good thing for these guys sometimes, because it shows they aren't afraid to tell each other the cold, hard truth when needed and whatnot, but yeah. Sometimes I'm still like, "Dang, ease up a bit, will ya?"

And the end scene of Laurel's mother being the one to call Dominic? Interesting turn of events. 

Mmhm. I'm very curious about what will come of that. 

• Love 1
18 hours ago, Dee said:

If/When Simon wakes up he'll have temporary amnesia, will fall in love with Oliver, who is determined to help him through his recovery, only to then suddenly remember everything in the finale.

Honestly, I would be here for this development. 

IA that Tegan should be brought into the fold. I also wouldn't mind seeing her and Annalise paired up romantically. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

I was annoyed by Asher's speech. He's always been somewhat of a comic relief on the show, but let's not forget that his situation with Sinclair is in no way comparable to Oliver's situation with Simon. Asher purposely ran her over with his car in a moment of pure rage, Oliver was a bystander to an accidental shooting caused through a scheme to steal secret data.

Yeah, I thought that was a seriously fucked up, self-justifying retcon on Asher's part. It makes me think he really hasn't grown up and matured the way I thought he had.

Tegan is a real wildcard. She has an obligation to Laurel's father, right? So she can't really be on their side unless she's just as disinterested in the rules as Nate and Bonnie are. Why would she throw her lot in with them? I don't want her to become their enemy, but it's easier to imagine how that would happen than the other way around, at this point-- which I find very disappointing, because I wanted her on the team as well. I loved her and Annalise working together earlier this season, when they teamed up on the Dean's case.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, J-Man said:

If Simon is an undocumented alien from Pakistan, why does he have a WASPy name like "Simon Drake?" Did he steal someone's identity?

For that matter, he can’t be a an undocumented illegal AND be a law student. He would need a student visa to attend, thus not being undocumented and illegal. None of that stuff with Simon’s immigration status makes any sense.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, UncleChuck said:

Frank picked just about the stupidest means to destroy Dominic and the evidence.

Car crushers never crush a car just off of the street.  First, for safety reasons, they remove the gas tank and drain the gasoline so as to not set the whole place on fire.  They remove all of the tires, including the spare (IN THE TRUNK).  Those crushed cars are to be sent to be melted down at a steel foundry to be re-cycled and rubber tires do not go to the steel mill.  They also remove the seats, carpeting, and anything else that is not recyclable steel, as well as anything plastic or glass, especially if the part can be resold.   I noticed that every one of the other already crushed cars had NO tires or fancy rims.

OK, assuming that the car crusher did its job tires and all, what happens when newly crushed Dominic starts dripping blood out of the wreck?  What happens when the car arrives at the destination steel mill and some workers have to remove the tires (including the spare IN THE TRUNK) and the upholstery and carpets before melting it down?  What happens when someone notices the stench of human decomposition emanating from that car?  And how long before the police track it back to that junk yard?

Also, Frank disposed of that car in broad daylight during working hours.  As he stood around and watched the junkyard workers doing their thing, they were also WATCHING HIM!  Witnesses--DUMBASS!!!

Frank dumped the body in the trunk with the forklift guy there waiting to pick it up, so I’m pretty sure he either paid them to keep their mouths shut, or they’re people he’s worked with before.  I doubt the car had any ties to Frank or Dominick at all, so even if the body is discovered, they won’t trace it back to Frank.

Now, the phone is a whole other issue. He should have thrown that into the river ages ago.  

ETA: Oliver used to be fun, but now he’s just a drag.  Connor tried to warn him that what he was doing was dangerous, but Oliver thought it was all great fun. . . until Simon got killed.  Now, he’s depressed and blaming everyone, including Connor. Dude, Conner TOLD you that Laurel and Michaela were going to get someone killed, and you were just so excited about being part of the in crowd. You don’t get to claim the moral high ground now.

Edited by irisheyes
I had more thoughts. :)
  • Love 3
5 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

I was annoyed by Asher's speech. He's always been somewhat of a comic relief on the show, but let's not forget that his situation with Sinclair is in no way comparable to Oliver's situation with Simon. Asher purposely ran her over with his car in a moment of pure rage, Oliver was a bystander to an accidental shooting caused through a scheme to steal secret data.

I agree that their situations aren't comparable in any way. Asher did still kill someone in a moment of rage. However, I think that Asher and Oliver share some similarities that allowed myself to believe that he was the best person to talk Oliver off the ledge, so to speak, because Asher did want to go to the police to confess, much like Oliver wanting to stay on the clean side. In that sense, I understood Asher's speech. If it was coming from anyone else in the Keating 4, it wouldn't have made much sense. Asher had originally been the outsider in the group, much like Oliver has been. He only got involved because he killed Sinclair. Oliver didn't kill Simon, but he was complicit in attempting to frame him So, like Asher in a different way, there is some residual guilt that he can't shake off. Asher was just trying to find a way to get Oliver to deal with everything but also to keep quiet, just like he had to do when he killed Sinclair, despite wanting to go to the police and being convinced not to by everyone. 

Plus, we haven't heard much about Asher's feelings about killing Sinclair. The show tends to keep that completely off screen in favour of comedic relief Asher, which has annoyed me from time to time. So I just found it a nice change of pace to have him talking about it.

Thinking about it, it's kind of ridiculous that I'm trying to defend everyone's actions and rooting for Oliver to keep quiet to protect all the crimes that have happened on this show. I mean, they're all bad people who have done bad thing. Feeling remorse or not, they've all stayed quiet for various reasons, which is wrong. It's funny how this show really inverts the idea of right and wrong, in a sense that I'd completely stop watching this on any other show, since all of these characters aren't good people in any way and make terrible choices every episode. 

• Love 6
On 1/26/2018 at 9:21 AM, Lady Calypso said:

I was wondering that too, if they started noticing the complaints about Laurel and changed tracks or this was always how they planned the story to go. Either way, I can buy that her son almost dying (and now being taken from her) helped to reevaluate her perspective about what she did and make her remorseful.

Laurel's actually the most sane she's been in months, which is saying something when your evil as hell daddy is holding your baby hostage over a hard drive that you no longer have. Which is why it was so weird to hear Annalise harping on about how she thinks Laurel's gonna hurt herself. Homegirl's fairly calm, and I can't blame her for wanting to get out and get her son back.

I wondered why they had her answer her phone with "Hi, Mom" instead of "Hola, mama." It would make more sense and be just as dramatic, it's not like we would've need subtitles.

On 1/26/2018 at 4:04 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Did we already know that Bonnie saved Annalise from a suicide attempt or is this news?

It was implied a few episodes back but this episode confirmed it. I think it's still being implied that this was the event that caused Annalise to start resenting Bonnie and might not have anything to do with Sam, which most people thought.

22 hours ago, stonehaven said:

I am still trying to figure out the Nate twist....so is Nate really Nate or someone else?

I was wondering that too. Either it's Nate's dad or Nate stole this guy's identity for...reasons.

To be honest though I don't really care that much? It seems like a hail mary to make Nate even remotely relevant to the central plot of this show, which he hasn't been since the first half of season one (and I think even that's being generous). I'll be happy to be proved wrong if this storyline ends up being interesting, but Nate is just so boring to me.

9 hours ago, kariyaki said:

For that matter, he can’t be a an undocumented illegal AND be a law student. He would need a student visa to attend, thus not being undocumented and illegal. None of that stuff with Simon’s immigration status makes any sense.

They said he was DACA, so I think that would qualify him for opportunities in higher education.

I loled at Frank's "I downloaded an app so I could see where people were calling from." I don't know about other smartphones, but iPhones tell you that for unsaved numbers. You can also fucking google an area code, you ding dong.

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, helenamonster said:

I loled at Frank's "I downloaded an app so I could see where people were calling from." I don't know about other smartphones, but iPhones tell you that for unsaved numbers. You can also fucking google an area code, you ding dong.

He was able to identify that the call was from the DA's office, wasn't he? You need more than just an area code or an iPhone to do that. I don't know whether or not those apps actually exist, though.

My completed unspoiled guess IRT Tegan is that she is going to end up fired because Antares will demand it or she'll get called on the coverup she's doing. And she'll wind up working with the K5 due to this vendetta. It would be nice to see Annaliese paired up with another awesome attorney on her class action, plus the actress is good and the character brings in the potential for good story lines.

Anyone think we might end up with a Bonnie/Nate pairing? I've been seeing that potential for awhile.

Yeah, I think it's Nate's father who's in jail. Maybe he will become the focus of the class action.

16 hours ago, secnarf said:

He was able to identify that the call was from the DA's office, wasn't he? You need more than just an area code or an iPhone to do that. I don't know whether or not those apps actually exist, though.

But that's a number you should be able to google and the DA's office would come up, right? I'd imagine that every phone in the office has the same 10-digit number and then an extension, or at least the same area code and next three digits and different last four digits.

I also thought he said he could tell it was Jorge because the call was coming from New York, and Jorge lives in Miami so he likely wouldn't have a New York area code for his cell phone number. So I guess the app is more for triangulating cell towers to get a location on somebody? Yeah I doubt that's a technology that's available to anybody outside of law enforcement, much less on a smartphone app.

It's a stupid thing to get hung up about but it just bothered me. Cuz when I get a call from an unknown number, I just google it. If it's a business or office it usually comes up. If it's a personal number, unless it's listed in the white pages, you're unlikely to find out anything more than the location based on the area code.

That's why I think it's a location tracker, not a caller ID feature. You can websearch a phone number, but often cell phone numbers are not location-specific. You can keep your number even if you move. Since all they were talking about was where the calls were coming from, I think it's a tracking app, not a names directory.

Of course, Laurel recognized the number as her mother's, but not all numbers have publicly available names attached. I pay to keep my number unpublished, which means you're not supposed to be able to find out who it belongs to by looking it up.

The DA's office would be easy to identify. It's definitely published, and they've all called or been called from there. But a random cell number is a more open question. And anyone can call from their cell from inside the DA's office and the only way to know that's where they are is if they have a location tracker that locates the signal from inside the office.

Edited by possibilities
  • Love 1

Frank dumped the body in the trunk with the forklift guy there waiting to pick it up, so I’m pretty sure he either paid them to keep their mouths shut, or they’re people he’s worked with before.

And everyone knows that depending on a bunch of paid accomplices to keep their mouths shut is a foolproof way to avoid police detection...

• Love 2
On 1/26/2018 at 9:21 AM, Lady Calypso said:

The whole Frank/Annalise/Bonnie relationship is weird, to put it mildly. But now Frank knows the pre-term labour is his fault. I'm surprised we didn't see more of his reaction, though. They focused more on Annalise in that moment. I can't imagine it doesn't impact Frank's actions in future episodes. 

Michaela's story this episode was...messy. She got to be there for Laurel as a friend, she got to stand up to Annalise and demand the truth, and she got taught something by Tegan, who seems to actually know more than she's letting on. I think that's the case. 

Good on Bonnie/Annalise for starting to air out their many issues. The show does continue to let the characters say some pretty awful things, though. Bonnie wishing Frank pulled the trigger now? Harsh. 

I really enjoyed this episode. People were behaving pretty mature. I was not in the least bit surprised with Oliver & Connor. Oliver is basically how the K5 were back in season 1. He's having a hard time trying to deal. That's hy i wasn't worried about the marriage proposal. They aren't ready for that just yet. Plus I think the writers like adding conflict to the relationship. 

Laurel's apology was long overdue.

Bonnie & Annalise has a long overdue therapy session. So much clarification and owning their enmeshment &  dysfunction:  Bonnie said this all started with AK needing to redeem herself for ripping Bonnie apart in court and Annalise mentioned she helps Bonie & the K5 because it helps her not feel so empty inside. Bonnie clarifying that she loves but is not romantically in love with AK. I just wonder where they go from here.

On 1/26/2018 at 10:44 AM, aquarian1 said:

Simon was brought over when he was 2. if anything he may have distant relatives here. His parents are in Pakistan and can't get visas.

On 1/26/2018 at 4:04 PM, RedheadZombie said:

Did we already know that Bonnie saved Annalise from a suicide attempt or is this news?

Yes we learned last season AK tried to commit suicide after she lost the baby. Bonnie found her, and nursed her back to health but they didn't tell Sam.

On 1/26/2018 at 7:47 PM, stonehaven said:

I think it my be Nate's father. Not 100% sure on that. 

On 1/26/2018 at 8:38 PM, secnarf said:

When did this happen?

I just thought it was Laurel's mom calling Dominic's phone. When did we find out that she is the one who made the call to kill Wes? I thought we had already seen that it was Laurel's dad who did that?

She didn't.  Multiple people are trying to contact Dominick. Jorge, Denver and Laurel's mom.  Last season we saw Dominick report to Jorge that Wes was dead, indicating that he had order the hit. However Dominick did call and warn Laurel so there is a chance that Dominick was working with Laurel's mom. At the very least it means Dominick was reporting to both Jorge and laurel's mom.

On 1/26/2018 at 10:45 PM, UncleChuck said:

These folks are notoriously bad at deposing dead bodies.  Especially given how many murders they have committed. Lila- water tank, Sam - burned, chopped up & dumped in the woods. Rebecca - buried in the woods. Now Dominick gets tied up in the trunk and crushed where he can drip and decompose. They either need to make friends with someone who has an incinerator or  watch Breaking Bad.  The only semi successful body disposal was Sinclaire's.

On 1/27/2018 at 2:03 AM, J-Man said:

If Simon is an undocumented alien from Pakistan, why does he have a WASPy name like "Simon Drake?" Did he steal someone's identity?

He was brought over at age  2. It's possible his parent gave him an American name in order to help him assimilate.

On 1/27/2018 at 9:08 AM, kariyaki said:

He's a DACA kid. The can go to college and they also pay taxes while applying for citizenship. He  told Oliver getting a permanent job at Caplan & Gold would help his application status.

21 hours ago, Moxie Cat said:

My completed unspoiled guess IRT Tegan is that she is going to end up fired because Antares will demand it or she'll get called on the coverup she's doing. And she'll wind up working with the K5 due to this vendetta. It would be nice to see Annaliese paired up with another awesome attorney on her class action, plus the actress is good and the character brings in the potential for good story lines.

Anyone think we might end up with a Bonnie/Nate pairing? I've been seeing that potential for awhile.

Yeah, I think it's Nate's father who's in jail. Maybe he will become the focus of the class action.

I don't think Tegan will be fired. So far she's appears to be the only one at C & G who have figured out  that it was Micheala trying to get on those servers.  Micheala appears out of a job  I'm not sure about Oliver. but my guess is he's fired as well. Dominick is missing and Antares went public without a hitch. Jorge hasn't fired C & G so I don't think Tegan's job is at risk.

• Love 1
On 1/26/2018 at 12:14 PM, Empress1 said:

I know Annalise's wigs are the go-to on the show, but I wish Viola could rock her natural hair because I LOVE IT.

I think it's fabulous but I'm pretty sure that a wig/weave as well. Her real hair is about half that length.

• Love 1

Strong episode, some interesting things set up as well.

Laurel's mother might have known Wes, was working with Dominic and what's up with Nate as well?

I liked that Annalise and Bonnie had that conversation. They both certainly needed but now it seems that Bonnie might be in danger because Denver threw her under a bus to Jorge? Yikes.

Tegan knows more than she lets on. Her one scene with Michaela basically confirmed that. Michaela had some good moments in this one as did Asher with Oliver.

Oliver taking Simon's side over the gang is clearly going to lead to more problems as well. Connor did try to get him on side but didn't really work, did it?

Really careless of Frank getting rid of the body in broad daylight, unless he paid those guys to look the other way, 8/10

• Love 1
19 hours ago, possibilities said:

Isn't Tegan a partner? I don't know how law firms work, exactly, but I thought partners are really hard to dump.

Yes if I recall she's a senior partner. I'd have to rewatch to confirm.

8 hours ago, darkestboy said:

I liked that Annalise and Bonnie had that conversation. They both certainly needed but now it seems that Bonnie might be in danger because Denver threw her under a bus to Jorge? Yikes.

I also wonder what Bonnie is trying to do. I still think she has the hard drive and now she's recording her conversations with Denver?

On 1/26/2018 at 4:50 AM, Gillian Rosh said:

At least Laurel tried to take responsibilty for her role in this latest shitshow.

Too little too late.

On 1/26/2018 at 6:21 AM, Lady Calypso said:

she got taught something by Tegan, who seems to actually know more than she's letting on. I think that's the case.

I  was nervous that after Tegan kept saying "You put us all in danger" (although the "you" is Laurel, not Michaela), she was going to blow up when she got in her car.  I'm glad she didsn't.

On 1/27/2018 at 6:45 AM, Lady Calypso said:

Asher had originally been the outsider in the group, much like Oliver has been. He only got involved because he killed Sinclair. Oliver didn't kill Simon, but he was complicit in attempting to frame him So, like Asher in a different way, there is some residual guilt that he can't shake off.

Asher's problems with Sinclair also started because he was complicit in covering up a crime (the rape at Potter Lake), not because of anything he had done himself.  So he has that in common with Oliver as well.

• Love 1

I was waiting for Simon to die at the end of the episode to implicate Asher.  How could Asher have been so dumb?  They believe Simon is injured by attempted murder, yet not only is Simon not guarded, the person of interest is allowed to stroll into Simon's room.  No wonder all these murderers always get off.

• Love 1
On 1/27/2018 at 8:53 AM, possibilities said:

Tegan is a real wildcard. She has an obligation to Laurel's father, right? So she can't really be on their side unless she's just as disinterested in the rules as Nate and Bonnie are. Why would she throw her lot in with them? I don't want her to become their enemy, but it's easier to imagine how that would happen than the other way around, at this point-- which I find very disappointing, because I wanted her on the team as well. I loved her and Annalise working together earlier this season, when they teamed up on the Dean's case.

I'm intrigued as well. I don't want Tegan to be a big bad or even a minor villain like Denver, but I also don't want her to be another person that AK & crew easily manipulates. I want her to remain as she says, "a badass B"

• Love 3
On 1/26/2018 at 7:45 PM, UncleChuck said:

Thank you so much for clearing this up!  I have always thought “the car crushing to get rid of a dead body” plot line was shaky.  I mean, bodies are organic material, you can’t just compact them without someone seeing something.  I watch a lot of ID channel and this never comes up no matter how stupid the killers are.