Type keyword(s) to search

Season 9 Spoilers, Speculation & Social Media

Aethera
  • Start Topic

2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Days of labor?

Oh my.  In the third photo on the right if you just look at her facial features she looks exactly like Janelle.  Janelle usually has that "I've just exhausted myself" look on her face and Maddie looks exactly like Mum.

...oh...THREE days of labor is just bloody insane.  I'm usually not the most popular in the room when women are talking about their labors.  My first was from the first contraction that I felt to "it's a boy" was 2 hours on the nose.  My second beat that with first contraction to "it's a girl" was 1 hour and 50 minutes. THREE days!!?? WTF...

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Roslyn said:

Oh my.  In the third photo on the right if you just look at her facial features she looks exactly like Janelle.  Janelle usually has that "I've just exhausted myself" look on her face and Maddie looks exactly like Mum.

...oh...THREE days of labor is just bloody insane.  I'm usually not the most popular in the room when women are talking about their labors.  My first was from the first contraction that I felt to "it's a boy" was 2 hours on the nose.  My second beat that with first contraction to "it's a girl" was 1 hour and 50 minutes. THREE days!!?? WTF...

Janelle doesn't know shit about how to use hashtags. 

• Love 1

Hey Guys - They didn't give him the name Axel. He named himself (and told her in a dream). What can you do if that's what the kids wants to call himself???

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, BCDL said:

Hey Guys - They didn't give him the name Axel. He named himself (and told her in a dream). What can you do if that's what the kids wants to call himself???

He may have meant Alex and something got twisted in interpreting the dream.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, Latenites said:

Does anyone else hate the name "Axel"? They probably think it's really manly, but it makes me think of tools and saws and car axles. Ugh.

It would be "ok" I guess if "BRUSH" weren't his last name.  Seriously... they never said the first and last name together?  Axel... Brush.  Axel Brush.  Like the kid is destined to grow  up and work at a car wash.  It will be interesting if their next baby is a girl and they really DO name her "Hayer".

Edited by Kyanight
  • Love 18
22 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

What's Duggar style like?

Extremely exaggerated.  For instance saying someone was in labor for 80 hours when during that time they went out for couple pedicures, lunch, and shopping. 

• Love 11

What I want to know, is with all the dang kids these wives have had, how are they so effing stupid in regards to labor and delivery?  What a bunch of morons.

15 minutes ago, Maricopa said:

Sorry, I got lost somewhere. Who is this Maddie person? A fifth wife?

Maddie is Jenelle and Kody's daughter.  She is married to Caleb and they have Axel and he turns a year old this year.

• Love 1

Women can be in labor for days.  They can sit and have contractions off and on for days.  Women go in thinking they are in active labor and get send home because nothing happens.  It happens and it is common.  Everything that Maddie went through is normal and common and happens to millions of women.  It cracks me up that Janelle thinks she is a baby birthing know it all and everything she has declared is wrong.  Love Janelle, but......WRONG!

• Love 4

It isn't real labor.  It's Braxton-Hicks and/or prodromal labor.  It's the silly people who don't know as much as they think they do who like to make a big deal out of it.  TLC loves it because it gives them something to try to make drama. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, Roslyn said:

That woman is not in labor in those pictures. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Absolom said:

It isn't real labor.  It's Braxton-Hicks and/or prodromal labor.  It's the silly people who don't know as much as they think they do who like to make a big deal out of it.  TLC loves it because it gives them something to try to make drama. 

It all looks like hell to me. No thank you!

• Love 4
On 3/9/2018 at 8:55 AM, Sam215 said:

Are there 2 Tiffany boxes there by Janelle?!?!!

Sure looks like it.  Why would they be in the bathroom?  Those are sellable on eBay, btw.  I got $11 for a small one.  Can you imagine the kind of creep who would buy a Tiffany box and then put some cheap-ass junk in it?  But eleven bucks is eleven bucks!

And when have we seen any of them wearing anything that looked remotely like Tiffany?  Maybe it was Kody I sold my box to.

Edited to add:  Can Meri be any less likable?  She's still on about buy this house for my mother to live in, and then after she picked up Mariah and Audrey at the airport and came back to Janelle's silent house, her first response was to *leave*?  Didn't even step into the hall and say hello, anyone there?  She's working way too hard to isolate herself from the rest of the family, and that would be great except that they're going to have to pay for the Olde Family Home.  In Utah, where they can't go or legally own property--wouldn't it make my day to see her and Kody arrested?  But she's legally divorced from Kody, right?  So where's the problem?  Plus, Utah doesn't give two shits about them, anyway.

And if poor Maddie had been in the hospital, she would have had a quicker--therefore safer--and less painful delivery.  Do midwives perform episiotomies?  At that late stage, would they ever have called an ambulance and had her taken to the hospital?  And how was she going to give birth in the bathtub with her swimsuit bottom on?  If she'd been in the hospital there'd have been constant monitoring of the infant; I was afraid the baby was going to be damaged by that long labor, in terms of oxygen deprivation.  I think it's barbaric that she was allowed to labor for so long--once she truly got into labor.

Edited by Mothra
...and another thing...
  • Love 11
16 minutes ago, Mothra said:

In Utah, where they can't go or legally own property--wouldn't it make my day to see her and Kody arrested? 

No reason to arrest them. She's a single woman who owns a business and lives with mommy.  Move along folks, nothing to see here no matter what the Brown Clowns want us to think.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, LilWharveyGal said:

But, but, but...FELONS!  PERSECUTION!  BIGOTRY!

Oh, yeah, I forgot the whole "fire and thieves" caterwauling.   

Parowan looks like a totally boring place so Meri can just go sulk there with her mommy and her mostly empty inn and fade off everyone's radar.

PS Awaiting the recap. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

No reason to arrest them. She's a single woman who owns a business and lives with mommy.  Move along folks, nothing to see here no matter what the Brown Clowns want us to think.

We were treated to all the angst and sturm und drang and every other teutonic expression of distress when she and Kody were divorced--now they've forgotten that?  She's not married to Kody--she's not involved in plural marriage with him.  They could perfectly legally own property together in Utah without storm troopers kicking in the door to drag them off to felon prison for polygs.

Plus.  That house is charming, no doubt, but my god its decor made my teeth hurt.  I think I developed diabetes just looking at the interior.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Mothra said:

That house is charming, no doubt, but my god its decor made my teeth hurt.  I think I developed diabetes just looking at the interior.

Plus someone posted the ground view where the neighbor across the street has essentially an open lot with a camper parked on it. Lovely view.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Mothra said:

Plus.  That house is charming, no doubt, but my god its decor made my teeth hurt.  I think I developed diabetes just looking at the interior.

Just based on the pictures online, I have to give Meri a little credit because she did change the decor for the better.

On 3/8/2018 at 4:52 PM, ginger90 said:

That bathroom looks gross and if you are going to be birthin' a baby in there, how about clean it up first???  FFS.  

On 3/9/2018 at 4:28 PM, Phronsie said:

There's probably a Claddagh ring waiting for the new arrival...it's a family tradition, dontcha know!

Well there was but no one can find it in that dirty bathroom.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

That bathroom looks gross and if you are going to be birthin' a baby in there, how about clean it up first???  FFS.  

Well there was but no one can find it in that dirty bathroom.

Maddie was in labor for forty days and forty nights.  During that period of time, nobody could be bothered to clean up the bathroom?  And isn't that the beeeeutiful picture Meri painted for Janelle in the corner above the tub?  No wonder Janelle couldn't find the tomatoes.  They were probably somewhere in that bathroom.  Yeesh.

• Love 16
12 hours ago, toodles said:

Maddie was in labor for forty days and forty nights.  During that period of time, nobody could be bothered to clean up the bathroom?  And isn't that the beeeeutiful picture Meri painted for Janelle in the corner above the tub?  No wonder Janelle couldn't find the tomatoes.  They were probably somewhere in that bathroom.  Yeesh.

I didn't catch Meri's artwork in the bathroom.  Interesting choice of rooms!

Doesn't that house have 3+ bathrooms?  And the one they used didn't even get scrubbed out and decluttered?  Damn.

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Doesn't that house have 3+ bathrooms?  And the one they used didn't even get scrubbed out and decluttered?  Damn.

And think about this:  it was the MASTER bathroom.  Under the best of circumstances, the only time two people use it is every third night.  So it's pretty much a one-woman bathroom.  With lots of storage space so there's no reason for that clutter to be out there.  Unless a slob owns the house.

I live in a double-wide manufactured home with my husband.  Our bathroom (half the size of Janelle's) is absolutely tidy at all times.  I'm currently charging my electric toothbrush on the sink vanity.  As soon as it's charged, the charger is put away in a drawer.  Like everything else.

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

So, was that Janelle’s bathroom, or the private bathroom Kody said they had to have? I guess I would know, if I could watch ?

It was Janelle's bathroom.  You had to walk through Janelle's equally messy bedroom to get into the bathroom/auditorium.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, AZChristian said:

It was Janelle's bathroom.  You had to walk through Janelle's equally messy bedroom to get into the bathroom/auditorium.

Ugh. How many people, and it couldn’t be cleaned? Caleb , anyone??

• Love 5
Just now, ginger90 said:

Ugh. How many people, and it couldn’t be cleaned? Caleb , anyone??

It looked to me like the tub was clean (I saw some shine on the sides).  But all of that stuff on the shelf to the left of the tub . . . looked like it had been accumulating there for awhile.  Las Vegas is like Phoenix (where I live); things get dusty FAST.  When you see piles of crap, you don't expect that it has been dusted/kept clean.  And just leaving the hair dryer and who-knows-what-else sitting out on a sink vanity?  How does the vanity get cleaned regularly?  That's what grossed me out.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, AZChristian said:

It looked to me like the tub was clean (I saw some shine on the sides).  But all of that stuff on the shelf to the left of the tub . . . looked like it had been accumulating there for awhile.  Las Vegas is like Phoenix (where I live); things get dusty FAST.  When you see piles of crap, you don't expect that it has been dusted/kept clean.  And just leaving the hair dryer and who-knows-what-else sitting out on a sink vanity?  How does the vanity get cleaned regularly?  That's what grossed me out.

I agree, the tub and the surrounding ledge are clear and look clean. The rest of the room looks cluttered, which drives me nuts, but there are some people who just live that way. My dear mother-in-law is one - stuff lying around just does not bother her. Meanwhile, I'm at home driving my husband crazy moving stuff and putting it in drawers to get out of the way. :P

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, booboopbedoo said:

Axel Brush

lolol

Dick Brush or Hunter Brush cause yah know he is gonna be a hunter

Could also be Under Brush, a good place to hide when hunting big game.

• Love 5
On 3/11/2018 at 5:49 AM, Higgins said:

ith

I wish there were a dog. I am messy by nature but I don't have milk bones on my tub deck and if I did, there would be no cameras period. Plus, if there is a dog, why are they hiding it????

Yes Janelle has a dog and i think her mother also has one.  I remember seeing a photo of two dogs in her living room.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, DakotaJustice said:

That carpet has seen better days.

Oh, yeah.  But with umpteen kids plus the dogs that's not a surprise.  And with the look of Janelle's feet, the floors don't apparently get scrubbed very often.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Why aren't the pets ever seen?

We saw a bit of Mosbey, Mariah's dog that Meri was looking after while Mariah was at college. 

And who could ever forget the family pet, that became old and bothersome when they moved to LV.  They took him on a sentimental journey back to Lehi and had him stand by and watch them as they dug his grave.  

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

We saw a bit of Mosbey, Mariah's dog that Meri was looking after while Mariah was at college. 

And who could ever forget the family pet, that became old and bothersome when they moved to LV.  They took him on a sentimental journey back to Lehi and had him stand by and watch them as they dug his grave.  

My most HATED episode.  I have always loved animals, and that was heartbreaking.  How could they have done that?  Heartless and cruel.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, Sandy W said:

Oh my! I missed that. I'm very glad I did. For fuck's sake, now I really hate them before they just annoyed me.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Higgins said:

Oh my! I missed that. I'm very glad I did. For fuck's sake, now I really hate them before they just annoyed me.

They made it into a family event, all the kids that could walk were involved.  I was simply curious about polygamy when I started watching and that's when I started hate watching. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sandy W said:

They made it into a family event, all the kids that could walk were involved.  I was simply curious about polygamy when I started watching and that's when I started hate watching. 

Was he old and going to be put down? I mean, that happens all the time with old pets. By "stand by", do you mean he stood there watching while they dug the grave? Because that would be a bit weird, but he wouldn't know it was for him.