Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

1 hour ago, dccfan37 said:

I go away for a while and come back to find out I missed something juicy. . . or at least something intriguing because it's no longer on Instagram and I don't even know (or remember) what it was about!

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I go away for a while and come back to find out I missed something juicy. . . or at least something intriguing because it's no longer on Instagram and I don't even know (or remember) what it was about!

I think it showed that Kali was cut!

2 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Here is the updated list so far! Girls are still posting so it will continue to be updated

Finalists 

Ansley @Ansleyalyce

Reiley Kaye @reileykaye

Dayton Bramhall @daytonbramhall

Raegan Schmotzer @raeganschmotzer

Rachel Wyatt @rachelyukiwyatt

@daph7

Hannah Hancock @hannahhancock_

Lindsay Brady @lindsay.nicole.brady

Jalyn Stough @jalynstough

Brooke Johns @brookejohnss

Nicole McIntosh @nicoleamcintosh

Lauren Chapman @laurenec71

Alyssa Cisneros @acissy

Taylor Johnson @taylorjohnsonj

Brittney Elle @thebrittneyelle

Randi Sundquist @randisundquist

Kristen Dodd @kdodd_10

Hanna Oliver @hannaoliver

Madeline Malloy @madeline_malloy

Victoria Kalina @victoriaakalina

Erin Sauerhage @erin_margaret

Gabrielle Louise @gabbyluise

Hilary Hubbard @hubb9

Audrey @audderr

Lindsey Waldrop @lindseycwaldrop

Jasmin Marie @jasmin.marie26

Bridget Jacob @classic_bridge

Didn’t make it to Finals 

Kelly Porazzo @kellyporazzo

Tiffany Taliaferro @tiff_taliaferro

Aisha Ramirez @aisharamirez

Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24

Cristi Fisher @cristi_fisher

Carolyn Oliver @carol_m_oli

Madi Allemier @madiallemier

No Finalist Update Yet

Mary Kate @mkdomino

Mitchell Rowden @mlrdances

Kali Mikelson @kalimikelson

Abby Penprase @abbypenprase 

Emilee Rose @emileerose1

Ashley Beth @ashleybeth247

Ashley Wood @ashnicholewood 

Lily Johnson @lilyjay21

Thelma @thelmaax

Lauren Strong @laurbstrong

Jasmine Whittington @jazzwhitt

Brianna Shea @briannalshea

Jourdyn Moore @jourdynmoore

Alex Yap @alexgyap 

Emily Morales @emily_morales

Amber Nicole @amber_nicole74

Cassidy Hale @cassidykay_

Lindsey Witt @lindsey_witt.77

Melissa Regan @melissa_on_the_reg

Maddie Dillon @maddie_rae15

Caroline Sundvold @carolinesundvold

Brooke Carnley @brookecarnley

Marissa Livingston @marissa.livingston

Ashley Yewell @ashleyyewell 

Alanna Tarango @yomamaalanna

Brennan Ashley @brennanashley

Meredith Madden @meredithmadden 

That is Reily from OU Pom :)

Raven did make it 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

Here we go with the "God's plan" nonsense.  Somehow I don't think Jesus gives two shits who makes the DCC.  If he does, I might suggest he rethink his priorities.

pardon me while I wipe off the diet Coke I just spit on my keyboard

lmao

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Cody701 said:

My psychic feeling tells me that Christina, Selina, Jessika, and maybe Keyra and Savannah will be on the bubble.

I am thinking the same thing 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Roo22 said:

I think it showed that Kali was cut!

That’s what I’m remembering too.  There was nothing wrong with the post so wonder why she felt the need to remove it?

Kelli seems to love Jessika and Selina, and Savannah was just ROTY. I don’t think Jessika is going anywhere. Unless a bunch of Latina and red haired girls made it into finals, I doubt if they have anything to worry about. Keyra grew on me, but I see where she’s at risk with weight. She’s short and thicker than usual. Christina can whine and simper her way elsewhere. I won’t miss her if she’s cut. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Does Sandie hate Kelli or what? Why the hell would she post this?

redback.thumb.JPG.01162759b650560c0abc6a3ac8b2baae.JPG

Knowing Sandie, she didn’t even notice. She’s a sweetheart and LOVES Kelli.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

I think she did.  This could be a real big mistake if she makes the team.  Lots of people still think her boyfriend is guilty.  He would be brought up all the time if she made DCC.  Big mistake.

I'm not sure if you live in the Cedar Park/Leander area or not, which I do.  Her boyfriend, now fiancé, has a lot of supporters who believe in his innocence.  It was also all over the news, when he was released, that there is a lot of credible evidence showing that he is innocent.  They have arrested someone else, who looks a lot like her fiancé and who's mother ran the daycare home where this took place.  Whatever happened, the judge/courts found enough evidence to release him and not retry him, and a lot of people believe he is innocent.  I don't know either of them, but just want people to have both sides of information.

• Love 8
On 5/5/2018 at 8:38 PM, KYwildcats said:

This probably hasn't been mentioned yet (I'm posting from Kentucky) but Lily Johnson and Ashley Wood from the UK dance team made it to semis! @lilyjay21 and @ashnicholewood they are both beautiful and have sweet personalities. They've been traveling back and forth to Dallas to take prep classes. Both graduated from UK yesterday.

On 5/5/2018 at 8:46 PM, Angie said:

If these two make the squad I bet KaShara will be happy

I was wondering why Kashara would care if 2 people who graduated from somewhere in the United Kingdom (who apparently have enough money to fly back & forth to Dallas for prep classes) made the team.  I guess I should have looked at the user name of the original poster :)

giphy.gif

• Love 11
3 hours ago, DSJJ said:

I'm not sure if you live in the Cedar Park/Leander area or not, which I do.  Her boyfriend, now fiancé, has a lot of supporters who believe in his innocence.  It was also all over the news, when he was released, that there is a lot of credible evidence showing that he is innocent.  They have arrested someone else, who looks a lot like her fiancé and who's mother ran the daycare home where this took place.  Whatever happened, the judge/courts found enough evidence to release him and not retry him, and a lot of people believe he is innocent.  I don't know either of them, but just want people to have both sides of information.

thank you for this. 

Gaebri is an absolutely fantastic dancer.  Fast learner, technical, can do multiple styles and just finished a year with Chargers.  Also is super fit and photographs well.  They'd be nuts to not at least take her to finals where they can ask her about that situation during the interview, if it truly concerns them. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, DSJJ said:

I listen to a podcast about people wrongfully accused/convicted of various crimes.  It's obvious some of them are railroaded and some of them are just mistakes.  It can happen easily (well maybe not "easily" but it can happen).

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, ByTor said:

I was wondering why Kashara would care if 2 people who graduated from somewhere in the United Kingdom (who apparently have enough money to fly back & forth to Dallas for prep classes) made the team.  I guess I should have looked at the user name of the original poster :)

giphy.gif

University of Kentucky... aka UK .  These are girls from Kentucky like her. And I just re-read your post lol !  I am having my DUH moment now! 

26 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

thank you for this. 

Gaebri is an absolutely fantastic dancer.  Fast learner, technical, can do multiple styles and just finished a year with Chargers.  Also is super fit and photographs well.  They'd be nuts to not at least take her to finals where they can ask her about that situation during the interview, if it truly concerns them. 

I thought someone posted earlier in the thread that she didn't try out.

Edited by Kayce
misread quote and correcting
  • Love 2
18 minutes ago, Kayce said:

University of Kentucky... aka UK .  These are girls from Kentucky like her. And I just re-read your post lol !  I am having my DUH moment now! 

I thought someone posted earlier in the thread that she didn't try out.

That was me. I was mistaken!

• Love 2
(edited)
10 hours ago, Roo22 said:

So curious about Brennan!! 

I am too!  I’m kind of sad we didn’t see more past TCCs reauditioning.   I would have loved to have seen Courtney (S10), Kendall (S11) and Amy (S11) also.  Another Finalist I would have liked to have seen come back was Katelynn, the LSU Golden Girl.  She performed like a veteran and her kicks were beautiful!    I will never understand  why they didn’t invite her into TC.  

Edited by Love2ride
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, Love2ride said:

I am too!  I’m kind of sad we didn’t see more past TCCs reauditioning.   I would have loved to have seen Courtney (S10), Kendall (S11) and Amy (S11) also.  Another Finalist I would have liked to have seen come back was Katelynn, the LSU Golden Girl.  She performed like a veteran and her kicks were beautiful!    I will never understand  why they didn’t invite her into TC.  

Same here on Katelynn... they even said in deliberations they could soften up her look.  She's a beautiful girl ... beautiful dancer... just had hair that was too dark.  She could outdance and outkick several vets.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, mcmrdh said:

This makes me sad... I like her.

No she didn't make it...and it's sad because she's a wonderful dancer just has a more ordinary look.  :( 

• Love 1

Savannah getting ROTY has nothing to do with her dance skills in my opinion. The award is voted on by the rest of the squad. Kelli and Judy do not vote or have a say so in it unless a girl they cannot stand gets the award. There have been girls who made Show Group in their first year getting cut at finals. I think a girl who was group leader or assistant group leader who was cut at finals in Season 3. If a vet does not bring her A+ game to finals, and there are more attractive, fit and better dancers girls trying out for the squad, the vet might be cut at finals.

(edited)

YA'LL... there is a girl I saw on Instagram... She is in  Navy and White. (TCU dancer I think her name is Lindsay.) OMG that girl is gorgeous. She resembles Kashara so much.

I think she is prettier than Kashara though. ALSO #86!!! Meredith Madden... WOW.. GORGEOUS!!!! 

Edited by mcmrdh
mispelled Meredith
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Same here on Katelynn... they even said in deliberations they could soften up her look.  She's a beautiful girl ... beautiful dancer... just had hair that was too dark.  She could outdance and outkick several vets.

And it seemed like there were several judges that were pulling for her as well.  She was beautiful and it wouldn’t have taken much to have softened her look.  

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

LOL happens to the best of us :)

2 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

They'd be nuts to not at least take her to finals where they can ask her about that situation during the interview, if it truly concerns them. 

She swore her imprisoned fiance was innocent and she ended up being right...who knows, the fact that he was released could make the whole thing a feel-good story.  It also says something about her loyalty.

26 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

If a vet does not bring her A+ game to finals, and there are more attractive, fit and better dancers girls trying out for the squad, the vet might be cut at finals.

That's true, but to an extent they do take a girl being a "locker room favorite" into account.  

• Love 1

True about the locker room favorite, but if there are stronger finalists than her, she might be shown the door. Morgan was a locker room favorite, and she was still cut. I think Savannah is a better dancer than Morgan ever was, but being a VOTY and locker room favorite does not mean a guarantee spot on the team.

56 minutes ago, Kayce said:

No she didn't make it...and it's sad because she's a wonderful dancer just has a more ordinary look.  :( 

Cristi is a great example of a fantastic dancer with looks that aren't HD friendly.  I'm assuming she gets the picture now that she didn't even make it into semis.   It's sad but it's reality.  Brennan isn't pretty either.  I'm sorry but i just feel that's why she keeps getting cut.  Prettier girls who are worse dancers get on the team because men like them (Loni, Kelsey)

• Love 3
(edited)
18 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

Glad to see Alexandra tried and made it to finals again.  She's done this a few times now.

19 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

Cristi is a great example of a fantastic dancer with looks that aren't HD friendly.  I'm assuming she gets the picture now that she didn't even make it into semis.   It's sad but it's reality.  Brennan isn't pretty either.  I'm sorry but i just feel that's why she keeps getting cut.  Prettier girls who are worse dancers get on the team because men like them (Loni, Kelsey)

Yeh unfortunately the more average looking girls (and neither are ugly in my opinion) don't tend to make it.  These are girls I wouldn't feel intimidated standing next to. 

Edited by Kayce
spelling error
  • Love 3

I am too lazy to search for the comment asking about Meredith's dancing, but to answer your question, she's a beautiful dancer and very striking in person. She won't have a problem picking up DCC technique. Her eyes are captivating! Very sweet girl. I can see her going all the way.

Rachel Wyatt and Gabby Gudoco (aka Gabby Luise) will make the team bar anything outrageous happening. 

This year is filled with college pom candidates.

• Love 4
Just now, Cody701 said:

Which one is she? There is so many I dont remember who is who?

The filipino girl from University of Arizona (Megan C. and Heather O.'s alma mater). Megan and Heather were/are well liked by Kelli and Judy.

• Love 1
45 minutes ago, Runnergrl37 said:

I'm pretty sure Christi made it to Semi's, she got cut going into finals.  But I agree it's very sad. She may not have Abigail Klein level looks, but it doesn't mean she wouldn't be a huge asset to the team. Brennan and Taryn are two other examples recently that fall into that category.  

• Love 6

I am admittedly a huge fan of Savannah's but I really feel like she'd have to absolutely blow the field portion during finals to get cut.  She will have a beautiful, technical solo and will interview well.  The only place she may falter is if she gets outdanced on field or blow the combo.  She may not have been the best DCC this past year - dance/power wise - but she was not glaringly horrible.  She's also been attending all the classes and really trying to improve.  It reminds me of Caila at the end of her rookie year.  Everyone was so sure she'd get cut because she barely made squad but she ended up working her tail off in the offseasn, coming back like a star, looking wonderful and having a killer solo.  Obviously we are all entitled to our own opinion :)  But that is mine.  #teamsavvy 

• Love 22
1 minute ago, LaurenBrook said:

I am admittedly a huge fan of Savannah's but I really feel like she'd have to absolutely blow the field portion during finals to get cut.  She will have a beautiful, technical solo and will interview well.  The only place she may falter is if she gets outdanced on field or blow the combo.  She may not have been the best DCC this past year - dance/power wise - but she was not glaringly horrible.  She's also been attending all the classes and really trying to improve.  It reminds me of Caila at the end of her rookie year.  Everyone was so sure she'd get cut because she barely made squad but she ended up working her tail off in the offseasn, coming back like a star, looking wonderful and having a killer solo.  Obviously we are all entitled to our own opinion :)  But that is mine.  #teamsavvy 

She's such a sweet girl and they love her. So I agree that she'd have to pretty much blow the field combo to get cut. She sells her dancing very well. I think she's pretty safe. 

• Love 7

Does anyone know if Brennan made it to finals? I really like her! She has a different dance style, but I just really like her personality!

I tried looking for her in all the IG stories. She's in all red. 

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I agree that she will need a disastrous audition to get cut. It also wouldn’t shock me if K&J are more hesitant than usual to get rid of some vets this year after 3 girls quit last year. Savanah is a weak dancer in the DCC style but she’s reliable elsewhere, and she’s not so terrible that I think they would cut her unless she gets blown away by the other girls.

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, I’m with you. Savannah isn’t getting cut, plain and simple, unless she walks into her interview in a tube top and demands to sit in Kelli’s chair. Vets are too valuable an asset right now for them to let their rookie of the year go, who is a competent dancer while not the most powerful. Savannah has a lot of room to continue growing and be put in a leadership position in the future imo.

The only vets on my radar are Keyra, Selina, and Christina. I’m not sure how Selina’s figure looks right now, and I think she’ll be fine as long as she’s looking toned. Keyra I just don’t think has the right figure for the uniform, but if she performed really well this past year she might be fine. If they didn’t like how she looked at swimsuit fittings, though, she might be in trouble. Christina... we all know how many tries it took her, so her efforts this year might not be good enough depending on the competition. Other than that I’m sure there will be some surprises like there are every year.

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, iwtv123 said:

Does anyone know if Brennan made it to finals? I really like her! She has a different dance style, but I just really like her personality!

I tried looking for her in all the IG stories. She's in all red. 

i wasn't totally sure she tried out! so she did and she's wearing all red, I will try to scour more pics.  i wish PDC would upload a gallery!! 

• Love 2