Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

13 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Here is the updated list so far! Girls are still posting so it will continue to be updated

Finalists 

Raegan Schmotzer @raeganschmotzer

Raven Anzaldua @ravenelise24

Did Raegan really make it ??

and btw Raven actually made it 

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

Yeah, I’m with you. Savannah isn’t getting cut, plain and simple, unless she walks into her interview in a tube top and demands to sit in Kelli’s chair. Vets are too valuable an asset right now for them to let their rookie of the year go, who is a competent dancer while not the most powerful. Savannah has a lot of room to continue growing and be put in a leadership position in the future imo.

The only vets on my radar are Keyra, Selina, and Christina. I’m not sure how Selina’s figure looks right now, and I think she’ll be fine as long as she’s looking toned. Keyra I just don’t think has the right figure for the uniform, but if she performed really well this past year she might be fine. If they didn’t like how she looked at swimsuit fittings, though, she might be in trouble. Christina... we all know how many tries it took her, so her efforts this year might not be good enough depending on the competition. Other than that I’m sure there will be some surprises like there are every year.

Co-sign! 

Also, I’m not sure where the narrative of Savannah being cut is coming from? As mentioned above, she may not be the most powerful dancer but she isn’t a terrible dancer either. Savannah can hold her own; she will have gorgeous swimsuit shots and she has been doing this for a year, she knows the choreography for the season. I think she will be just fine. The squad lost a fair amount of girls this year. There’s plenty of openings for new rookies without losing a vet. 

Plus, I saw the entire team in person and the only one who stuck out in this drunk Cowboys fan’s eye was Christina.  However, I don’t really see Christina getting cut either unless she bombs on every aspect of auditions.  I’m talking full on failure of the test, disaster solo and complete blank on the choreography.

Other than that, barring things like weight and other complete failures, I don’t think any of the rookies will be cut.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, DSJJ said:

I'm not sure if you live in the Cedar Park/Leander area or not, which I do.  Her boyfriend, now fiancé, has a lot of supporters who believe in his innocence.  It was also all over the news, when he was released, that there is a lot of credible evidence showing that he is innocent.  They have arrested someone else, who looks a lot like her fiancé and who's mother ran the daycare home where this took place.  Whatever happened, the judge/courts found enough evidence to release him and not retry him, and a lot of people believe he is innocent.  I don't know either of them, but just want people to have both sides of information.

This so sad that he spent 3 years in jail if he is innocent.  I heard the boy they were looking at now is his friend, I heard he hasn't been arrested.  When was he arrested?  I know a lot of people that do not want their children around him to this day.  I was just thinking a lot of attention would be drawn to him if he showed up to events with Gaebri or if he came to games.  All so sad no matter how you look at it.

(edited)
2 hours ago, ByTor said:

She swore her imprisoned fiance was innocent and she ended up being right...who knows, the fact that he was released could make the whole thing a feel-good story.  It also says something about her loyalty.

I agree. You know, back when the story about Gaebri and her fiancé became a thing, I side eyed the whole situation.  However, her fiance’s situation has nothing to do with her ability to be a DCC.  She is gorgeous, has a killer body and is a wicked dancer. 

Her fiancé was also found innocent and we live in a country where a person can be exonerated and continue to live their life.  I don’t see what this would have to do with the DCC or Gaebri’s ability to represent them.  She doesn’t become a worse dancer because her fiancé was found innocent of a crime. She doesn’t her lose her appeal because her fiancé was found innocent of a crime. It would be considerably different if it were Gaebri herself that had been in question but it is not. 

If asked about it, Kelli and Co can simply give the standard, “this is in no way relevant or pertinent to the Cowboys organization and therefore, we will refrain from commenting.”  

ETA: I also quite like Brennan. But I think she’s too good for the DCC after the way she was treated. I hope Kelli and Co learn from their mistakes after last years training camp!  Sometimes those beautiful, natural dancers don’t have it in them to stick around. 

Edited by TrashPanda
  • Love 6

Ttc mm

14 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

Keen for more speculation re vets cuts - anyone have any strong feelings based on anything other than what we saw in the last season of MTT?

I could see Keyra getting cut because her figure is so different than the others. Even in the swimsuit fittings she looked amazing but just looks heavier compared to the others because of her build, and because some others are far too skinny. 

I don't think Savvy will because the girls love her and Kelli does too. She was on the USO tour, has been on the website in the gym advertisement pics, she may not be the strongest dancer but is clearly a favorite with a lot of people. 

I could see some 1 or 2 year vets potentially being cut if they don't totally rock it. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, TrashPanda said:

I agree. You know, back when the story about Gaebri and her fiancé became a thing, I side eyed the whole situation.  However, her fiance’s situation has nothing to do with her ability to be a DCC.  She is gorgeous, has a killer body and is a wicked dancer. 

Her fiancé was also found innocent and we live in a country where a person can be exonerated and continue to live their life.  I don’t see what this would have to do with the DCC or Gaebri’s ability to represent them.  She doesn’t become a worse dancer because her fiancé was found innocent of a crime. She doesn’t her lose her appeal because her fiancé was found innocent of a crime. It would be considerably different if it were Gaebri herself that had been in question but it is not. 

If asked about it, Kelli and Co can simply give the standard, “this is in no way relevant or pertinent to the Cowboys organization and therefore, we will refrain from commenting.”  

ETA: I also quite like Brennan. But I think she’s too good for the DCC after the way she was treated. I hope Kelli and Co learn from their mistakes after last years training camp!  Sometimes those beautiful, natural dancers don’t have it in them to stick around. 

cough cough... Kalyssa 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Cody701 said:

Is that Briana from the Titans?

Finally! Someone who I really rooted for last year is trying out again and made finals! I really hope she makes it this time.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, TrashPanda said:

Do you think she was treated that badly? I really don't think her dance style was working for them and they did try to help her fix it but she looked very jerky and stiff for their sassier style.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

I really don't think her dance style was working for them and they did try to help her fix it but she looked very jerky and stiff for their sassier style.

Even though I don't personally know her, per the show, I found Brennan to be a lovely, hard working person.  For me though, the facials just didn't work.  I know she tried to relax and let go, but overall IMHO, she just didn't have the look facials wise.  I truly hope she finds something that allows her to shine.  She deserves it.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

I always tend to root for the underdog, so I'm on Team Savvy as well. There's so many people who don't think she's going to make it through that I just want her to make it through that much more.

She might be cut, but I think there are a few other vets especially one and two year vets who may be on the bubble more than her. I guess it depends on the finalists and how well they do.

55 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Finally! Someone who I really rooted for last year is trying out again and made finals! I really hope she makes it this time.

I love Briana! I hope she makes it this year :) She seems like a lovely person and would be a great ambassador. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

It must suck to have a solo prepared, but then never get to perform it.

ugh seriously! that would be so depressing.  This girl is cute.  She has pretty good turns and looking at her other pics she seems bubbly and photographs well.  I hope she tries again. 

12 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

She must be a great dancer, because on terms of looks, I don't see her appeal IMO

from some of her clips she looks powerful.  i think she's a cutie but just looks soooo young to me. LIke, 14 years old young. 

• Love 6
(edited)
43 minutes ago, Cody701 said:
It must suck to have a solo prepared, but then never get to perform it.

I totally agree with this, but it also shows she was prepared to make it all the way even if she didn't make it all the way.  I remember a girl who made it to Finals and was all "Now I have to figure out what I'm going to do for my solo" as in, she didn't even have one choreographed or practiced nor a costume.  I don't know if she didn't expect to make it to Finals and thus didn't even prepare for it or what, but that girl annoyed me. 

At least Mary Kate will have time to work on her dance skills and technique.  Her jumps looked low, she wobbled a bit in her turns and she seemed to struggle in that move where she was pulling her left leg up next to her head.  I don't know if that was a balance issue or a flexibility issue, though I think it was a flexibility issue since she didn't seem to be able to get that center split all the way down, but who am I to judge since I can't do any of those tricks myself.  I do absolutely love the song she chose, though.  It's amazing.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 3
(edited)
20 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

from some of her clips she looks powerful.  i think she's a cutie but just looks soooo young to me. LIke, 14 years old young. 

Yes!! she looked like a young teen to me as well!!

Edited by mayelynn
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Txmomof2 said:

I'm pretty sure Christi made it to Semi's, she got cut going into finals.  But I agree it's very sad. She may not have Abigail Klein level looks, but it doesn't mean she wouldn't be a huge asset to the team. Brennan and Taryn are two other examples recently that fall into that category.  

Cristi is in great shape and seems to be a strong dancer. I wonder if girls like that go in thinking the makeover will take care of the rest? 

It’s probably a fact that it’s about her looks, but I sure hate that it’s a point of conversation. She’s probably a lovely person when you know her, and anywhere else in her world or career that probably wouldn’t be a roadblock for her. I wonder if a nose job, lip injections and a better hair style would transform her?  But a nose job would be a hell of an expense and pain to go through when it’s not guaranteed to make a difference.

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

ugh seriously! that would be so depressing.  This girl is cute.  She has pretty good turns and looking at her other pics she seems bubbly and photographs well.  I hope she tries again. 

I think she's cute as well :) Look at how young Jenna looked when she made the team (I know she was only 18 so she was young) She barely looked 14! 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Raccoon said:

Yeah, I’m with you. Savannah isn’t getting cut, plain and simple, unless she walks into her interview in a tube top and demands to sit in Kelli’s chair. Vets are too valuable an asset right now for them to let their rookie of the year go, who is a competent dancer while not the most powerful. Savannah has a lot of room to continue growing and be put in a leadership position in the future imo.

The only vets on my radar are Keyra, Selina, and Christina. I’m not sure how Selina’s figure looks right now, and I think she’ll be fine as long as she’s looking toned. Keyra I just don’t think has the right figure for the uniform, but if she performed really well this past year she might be fine. If they didn’t like how she looked at swimsuit fittings, though, she might be in trouble. Christina... we all know how many tries it took her, so her efforts this year might not be good enough depending on the competition. Other than that I’m sure there will be some surprises like there are every year.

??? the bolder part made me laugh

I agree she’s got nothing to worry about, but she strikes me as being humble enough that she probably IS worried about it and will bring everything she’s got like it’s her first audition.

i bet Cristina is okay too. after last year, they may have developed a new appreciation for girls who are more mature, loyal and hard-working. Keyra seems incredibly tiny to me, I just think she has body shape she can’t change. 

• Love 10
18 minutes ago, SunshineSally said:

Cristi is in great shape and seems to be a strong dancer. I wonder if girls like that go in thinking the makeover will take care of the rest? 

It’s probably a fact that it’s about her looks, but I sure hate that it’s a point of conversation. She’s probably a lovely person when you know her, and anywhere else in her world or career that probably wouldn’t be a roadblock for her. I wonder if a nose job, lip injections and a better hair style would transform her?  But a nose job would be a hell of an expense and pain to go through when it’s not guaranteed to make a difference.

Agreed!! 110%  She's a great dancer and outdances some of the vets (in case you can't tell I'm team Cristi).  It would have been nice if they could have at least given her the chance.

• Love 6

On one of Jay's videos, Kelli announces "welcome to finals: #48 Brittney/Brittany A"...   She's wearing orange and white and has dark curly hair.  Does anyone know who she is?  I haven't been able to find anything about her yet.

1 minute ago, SunshineSally said:

??? the bolder part made me laugh

I agree she’s got nothing to worry about, but she strikes me as being humble enough that she probably IS worried about it and will bring everything she’s got like it’s her first audition.

i bet Cristina is okay too. after last year, they may have developed a new appreciation for girls who are more mature, loyal and hard-working. Keyra seems incredibly tiny to me, I just think she has body shape she can’t change. 

I think Keyra is awesome...she has a fun personality and is a powerful dancer (I believe fireball was the word often used last season).  Even though I think some vets will be on a bubble of sorts, after the fiascos from last season, I think they'll hold onto their vets, even Christina.  

• Love 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Agreed!! 110%  She's a great dancer and outdances some of the vets (in case you can't tell I'm team Cristi).  It would have been nice if they could have at least given her the chance.

Remember the judges discussion about Whitney (now MDC)?  They said that they had seen her soooo many times and she never really improved, so why give her another shot when they can give someone new a try...   Cristi's tried out lots of times, it may be a similar situation(?)  For the record, I'm team Cristi too!  She looks great to me!

Edited by Tootie
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Agreed x100!! I personally think she's beautiful. If it's her smile they don't like, she doesn't have to smile for cameos (look at Gina)

• Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Remember the judges discussion about Whitney (now MDC)?  They said that they had seen her soooo many times and she never really improved, so why give her another shot when they can give someone new a try...   Cristi's tried out lots of times, it may be a similar situation(?)  For the record, I'm team Cristi too!  She looks great to me!

Yes, I do remember that discussion and I see where you are coming from.  I didn't know Cristi had tried out so many times, until I saw her post about making semis.  I guess at some point, you have to let it go.  Glad there are other Team Cristi peeps out there because I think she's beautiful !! :) 

1 minute ago, Roo22 said:

Agreed x100!! I personally think she's beautiful. If it's her smile they don't like, she doesn't have to smile for cameos (look at Gina)

Ahh yes! So true! 

Edited by Kayce
adding to response
  • Love 2

Does anyone know yet how many girls they took into finals? I know I saw someone post it was 42 at last count but they usually take around 50 don't they?

2 minutes ago, go4luca said:

I'm recalling around 45 into TC including vets.  But it's varied year to year.

Yep you are correct :) They usually take 44-45 TCC.  I was just wondering if they had a number on how many will be competing with the vets at finals.  

• Love 1
(edited)
7 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Yep you are correct :) They usually take 44-45 TCC.  I was just wondering if they had a number on how many will be competing with the vets at finals.  

Oops - my bad.  Major Homer moment, sorry!  Still recovering from last night's episode of Westworld.

Edited by go4luca
missing apostrophe added
  • Love 1
(edited)
31 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Kind of a side note, but the whole “how dare she try out again” attitude about Whitney still annoys me. Here they are *heavily* inflating numbers to make it look like 400 girls showed up, while simultaneously complaining about one of the ones who did bother to come out. I get releasing her before finals, but i found the attitude distasteful.

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, Kayce said:

I think Keyra is awesome...she has a fun personality and is a powerful dancer (I believe fireball was the word often used last season).

Firecracker :)  

18 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Kind of a side note, but the whole “how dare she try out again” attitude about Whitney still annoys me. Here they are *heavily* inflating numbers to make it look like 400 girls showed up, while simultaneously complaining about one of the ones who did bother to come out. I get releasing her before finals, but i found the attitude distasteful.

And if they disliked her so much, why did they even bother to take her into semifinals?  

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

Kind of a side note, but the whole “how dare she try again” attitude about Whitney still annoys me. Here they are *heavily* inflating numbers to make it look like 400 girls showed up, while simultaneously complaining about one of the ones who did bother to come out. I get releasing her before finals, but i found the attitude distasteful.

If you're talking about when Whitney auditioned last season, I think that attitude at the judges table was based on the fact that, when Whitney was cut the year before, she was told that the DCC wasn't the team for her and yet she came back the next year to audition again.  When she was in Training Camp, Whitney was told she was good, but she needed to take it to the next level and that she didn't look like she was having fun (possibly RBF when dancing or concentrating too much on the next move instead of letting her body do what it's supposed to) then tried to talk her way out of being cut saying something like "It wouldn't be a mistake to keep me" and a few other things.  On top of that, when they were in deliberations on who to send to Finals, one judge said something along the line of "If you've auditioned five times, you should be polished and perfect.  She was just okay."  She did make mistakes/didn't have the best day and, not only did she seem to expect that she was going to Finals, but seemed that she was entitled to be there, to be in Training Camp and, eventually, to be on the team.  This is likely to be a result of what I saw on the show, but she seemed clueless and hard-headed at the same time.  If you were cut early in Training Camp the year before and told that this isn't the team for you, don't try to change their minds by coming back.  It leaves a very sour taste in their mouths and gives them a very bad impression, including that you can't take a hint, especially since you were clubbed with one the year before.

• Love 4
58 minutes ago, Tootie said:

Kelli Q is also a girl who tried out repeatedly and didn’t make it until her 5th time, and they gave her a shot? (Although tbh I don’t see what everyone sees in her) 

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Kayce said:

Does anyone know yet how many girls they took into finals? I know I saw someone post it was 42 at last count but they usually take around 50 don't they?

In the past I think they have mentioned taking 50 Semi-Finalists into Finals.

• Love 1
23 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Firecracker :)  

And if they disliked her so much, why did they even bother to take her into semifinals?  

Firecracker!! Yes... thank you ?

2 minutes ago, Love2ride said:

In the past I think they have mentioned taking 50 Semi-Finalists into Finals.

Thank you :) 

45 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Oops - my bad.  Major Homer moment, sorry!  Still recovering from last night's episode of Westworld.

Lol...I understand :)

• Love 3

I seem to remember hearing them have somewhere between 75 and 90 girls in Finals depending on the season.  I think that's based on how many veterans come back from the year before.   They may take more this year because of how many girls left, but they may take fewer.  We don't know yet and that's no fun (for us) because we don't know who to root for or who to "hate/dislike" (though the current consensus is on Victoria for the hate/dislike category depending on who you talk to).

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

If you're talking about when Whitney auditioned last season, I think that attitude at the judges table was based on the fact that, when Whitney was cut the year before, she was told that the DCC wasn't the team for her and yet she came back the next year to audition again.  When she was in Training Camp, Whitney was told she was good, but she needed to take it to the next level and that she didn't look like she was having fun (possibly RBF when dancing or concentrating too much on the next move instead of letting her body do what it's supposed to) then tried to talk her way out of being cut saying something like "It wouldn't be a mistake to keep me" and a few other things.  On top of that, when they were in deliberations on who to send to Finals, one judge said something along the line of "If you've auditioned five times, you should be polished and perfect.  She was just okay."  She did make mistakes/didn't have the best day and, not only did she seem to expect that she was going to Finals, but seemed that she was entitled to be there, to be in Training Camp and, eventually, to be on the team.  This is likely to be a result of what I saw on the show, but she seemed clueless and hard-headed at the same time.  If you were cut early in Training Camp the year before and told that this isn't the team for you, don't try to change their minds by coming back.  It leaves a very sour taste in their mouths and gives them a very bad impression, including that you can't take a hint, especially since you were clubbed with one the year before.

Yeah, that’s what I’m referring to. And frankly, it’s Whitney’s life. It doesn’t bother me if they told her that the team probably wasn’t for her. She obviously thought she could change their minds. She was wrong,  but all they had to was cut her, not whine about her showing up.

Again, if they only wanted the most talented girls who had a great shot at making it to come and try out, then that would be a different story, but they don’t want that. They want to pretend like 400+ girls show up, and they purposely do a segment each year about the ones who have no chance and embarrass themselves. So yeah, I’m giving them side-eye for complaining about a girl who may not be the right fit, but is actually a talented dancer. That’s one less number they had to fabricate to get 450 (or however many girls they claimed showed up)!

• Love 8
(edited)
1 hour ago, Kayce said:

Last year I think they took 55 girls and the year before 48 girls (plus vets)

Edited by 5678Pixie
15 minutes ago, pinkbarbie247 said:

This solo. Is everything. I mean one technique element after another. I hope they see this and feel bad for not taking her into finals.

Meh.  I'm not impressed.  

12 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Meh.  I'm not impressed.  

I agree - there are half-baked tricks in there but in terms of main DCC qualities being:

- entertaining

- fun to watch

- quality fans at the back would enjoy

- memorable

etc - there is NOTHING there. The Fouettes at the start were dullll and also her clumsiness falling out of turns would be a problem - DCC style is really precision-oriented. All of the moves are really straightforward but they're fast and so precise which is why they make such an impact. 

Sorry not to be mean about MKDomino who clearly has a lot to offer but I wouldn't be won over by that solo as a judge at finals.  

• Love 1