Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

(edited)

So Christina tries out 5 times and finally makes it, but Brennan and Christi,who I think are better dancers, don't get the same chance??? I don't get that.

Also, that is so unfair to Dayton, that they are giving special treatment to Victoria!!!

Edited by DBAAT
  • Love 8
28 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

It’s not really my concern, but why on earth could a girl not be a DCC and take undergrad classes at the same time? I mean, if one wants to be in a sorority and be super involved with social life on campus, then I get it, but otherwise....I don’t think there is any time in life other  than maybe retirement (I wouldn’t know that yet) where you have more free time than as an undergrad.

There is ZERO reason why you couldn't be a DCC and take classes. So much college is online now, that you could get a couple years of general ed classes at least, and a lot of schools have degrees where you never set foot in the classroom. 

• Love 4
11 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

The judges this weekend were strong-armed into letting Victoria Kalina into the finals.  Several of them were NOT happy about it.

It isn't fair to all of the wonderfully talented ladies who were passed over due to this nepotism.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Cody701 said:

No, I don't think that's her. She wore a different attire.

This was what she wore on day 1, she’s was sitting with Kelly Porazzo and she had this bra-looking top on in her IG story. She’s gorgeous and reminds me of the woman in “the affair”, but that’s not usually the look hat DCC goes for. 

27 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

The judges this weekend were strong-armed into letting Victoria Kalina into the finals.  Several of them were NOT happy about it.

I would be too if I was forced into passing someone through to Finals when they didn't deserve to be there.  We can probably guess who were the instigators of that and/or said something along the lines of "Victoria isn't up for debate.  She's going to Finals."  From what we've heard and seen so far, it sounds like she's at least going to Training Camp unless she completely bombs the interview, barely performs on the field and only really does anything on her solo and even then, she'll get serious consideration.  We've seen girls that get VERY limited votes in deliberations make it into Training Camp.  Here's hoping that, if Victoria is as bad as we've heard, she's cut at Finals because she doesn't score high enough/was out-danced.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

I would be too if I was forced into passing someone through to Finals when they didn't deserve to be there.  We can probably guess who were the instigators of that and/or said something along the lines of "Victoria isn't up for debate.  She's going to Finals."  From what we've heard and seen so far, it sounds like she's at least going to Training Camp unless she completely bombs the interview, barely performs on the field and only really does anything on her solo and even then, she'll get serious consideration.  We've seen girls that get VERY limited votes in deliberations make it into Training Camp.  Here's hoping that, if Victoria is as bad as we've heard, she's cut at Finals because she doesn't score high enough/was out-danced.

Do we think Victoria has a higher chance of making it in than Dayton? Yes, Tina is Kelli's best friend. But Shelly works for DCC and is still friends with Kelli and Judy. Just curious what people think about this

49 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Ooooh more details please!!

• Love 1
(edited)

Even though Shelly works for the DCC and is friends with both J & K, all three seem to have been very careful to make sure that the friendship/work relationship didn't interfere with judging Dayton last year.  From what has been revealed so far, it seems that Judy/Kelly/Charlotte haven't been nearly as careful to keep things separate this year with Victoria because of Tina.  I suspect there will be some issues and possibly even some coldness entering into the relationships between J/K and Shelly (even if unintentional) if Victoria gets in and Dayton doesn't, especially if it turns out Dayton performed better and scored higher than Victoria.

I wouldn't be surprised to see or hear that Kelly, Judy and the organization get some MAJOR flak if Victoria makes the squad and/or is perceived to have gotten special treatment, just like they did during Cassie's tenure on the squad, even though the relationship between people (girl involved is the daughter of a BFF vs. daughter of the choreographer, even though both people involved have decision making power).

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2

The sad and interesting fact is I am sure there have been other girls the judges were strong armed into moving on to finals. Victoria probably is not the first or the last girl who was taken into finals without the majority of the judges agreeing.

29 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

Do we think Victoria has a higher chance of making it in than Dayton? Yes, Tina is Kelli's best friend. But Shelly works for DCC and is still friends with Kelli and Judy. Just curious what people think about this

I think Kelli will do what is best for DCC no matter who is a friend or employee.   It's a terrible position to be in and you always wonder if you did the right thing with your decision (or at least I did).

• Love 5

It is a hard position to be in, but I would hope that good friends wouldn't presume on the friendship to make sure that something favorable happens.  I know I wouldn't knowingly put my friends into that position and trust that they know me well enough to tell me to knock it off if I was.  We've all seen cases of "it's who you know, not what you know, that counts" and, unfortunately, this is likely the case with Victoria.  Hopefully, if it is the case and what we've been hearing about Victoria's attitude (and big mouth) are true, she'll say or do the wrong thing at the wrong time and get herself knocked out of Finals and out of any chance at TC this year.  We'll just have to wait and see.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Smplsimon said:

This also makes me wonder if VK already knows she's going to make it? Or else wouldn't it make sense to try out for Show Girls, too? It seems like if DCC is your dream, being on any team (especially one as good as TCU's Show Girls) is better than no team at all for the professional experience. 

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I’m not super familiar with the Dallas area, so I’ll take your word for it that it would be a terrible drive. I live in Atlanta, which probably rivals Dallas is hellish traffic, so I have sympathy for anyone who has to criss-cross big metro areas. 

Atl girl here, too!  Brave the top end and 400 daily.  UGH!

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Smplsimon said:

That is SO interesting to me!! So they each get a vote, and those votes are recorded by cameras, but then they are talked out of it? Or after they leave, the numbers magically change behind their backs?  I had no idea! 

So the truth is that the built in accountability of having a diverse panel of judges is a scam. Wow!! I cannot thank you enough. I knew there had to be a scam!

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, SunshineSally said:

That is SO interesting to me!! So they each get a vote, and those votes are recorded by cameras, but then they are talked out of it? Or after they leave, the numbers magically change behind their backs?  I had no idea! 

So the truth is that the built in accountability of having a diverse panel of judges is a scam. Wow!! I cannot thank you enough. I knew there had to be a scam!

My prediction is that we will not see the judge's deliberate on Victoria Kalina.  I also bet we don't see her much of her audition either because if the audience were to see that, they might get suspicious about how she made it to the semis.

• Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

My prediction is that we will not see the judge's deliberate on Victoria Kalina.  I also bet we don't see her much of her audition either because if the audience were to see that, they might get suspicious about how she made it to the semis.

The power of who makes it finals. TC or the squad belongs to mostly to Charlotte, some to Kelli, and a small percentage to Judy. The only time I saw Charlotte not getting her way was at Season 6 with Ann Lux making it back on the squad for her second year. Judy did have some power when it came to Olivia S. getting the axe because Olivia stood up to Cassie during the calendar shoot pissing off Judy and making Olivia out to be toxic to the judges. We did not see her being discuss or cut on the show for good reason.

Edited by bigskygirl
(edited)
10 minutes ago, PrincessLeia said:

Victoria needs to go to TCU and try and dance there. Several former members of the TCU dance team are DCC alumni. 

That is a really good idea but I really doubt she will ever attend college.  I never did understand why she would apply to that college being so far away.  I thought maybe it was the only college that accepted her.

Edited by 5678Pixie
24 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

That is a really good idea but I really doubt she will ever attend college.  I never did understand why she would apply to that college being so far away.  I thought maybe it was the only college that accepted her.

Doesn’t her family live in the metroplex? Fort Worth isn’t what I’d call far away.

1 minute ago, PrincessLeia said:

Doesn’t her family live in the metroplex? Fort Worth isn’t what I’d call far away.

I was saying far away from Frisco if she made the team she wouldn't be able to commute to practice and to school being that far

• Love 1
1 minute ago, 5678Pixie said:

I was saying far away from Frisco if she made the team she wouldn't be able to commute to practice and to school being that far

Well yes..... that’s why she needs to try out for the TCU team. Wait on DCC. 

• Love 4
Just now, PrincessLeia said:

Well yes..... that’s why she needs to try out for the TCU team. Wait on DCC. 

I agree completely with you but somehow I really doubt she will wait.  She is use to getting her way.

15 minutes ago, wingsandlevijeans said:

Expect a full back story on VK. I had a friend there and they said she was getting interviewed and was filming additional scenes. 

I also heard that the cameramen were filming her mom both days.  The first day they were filming her mom out in the parking lot after she dropped Victoria off.  The second day they were filming her mom when her mom was waiting outside with flowers for Victoria to come out.  They were also filming the girls coming out that didn't make it and when Victoria's mom showed up they quit filming the girls and went straight to film Victoria's mom.  

• Love 4

Oh yea, it's gonna turn into VK: Making The Team. 

Do y'all also think the majority of these girls got through because of who they're associated with?  I know a bunch are extremely (using that loosely) close with the two legacies and aren't strong dancers but made it to finals. 

• Love 4

Everyone knows I’m not a Victoria fan. But let’s get real for a second. She probably did well in prelims as she can keep a beat and made it fairly into semis. She probably even made it fairly into semis just based off what I have seen on Instagram and comparing to other Instagram posts at dance classes. I think she will probably do a gorgeous lyrical solo and earn her way into camp.

That said, I think Training Camp is where she will have issues. She still lacks in power and projection. She doesn’t have that DCC oomph to her dancing. Put her next to Kashara or Amy L. and she would look awkward. All being fair, I think Victoria will get through auditions on her own merit but she may make the team because of her mom. 

• Love 12
15 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

I agree completely with you but somehow I really doubt she will wait.  She is use to getting her way.

I also heard that the cameramen were filming her mom both days.  The first day they were filming her mom out in the parking lot after she dropped Victoria off.  The second day they were filming her mom when her mom was waiting outside with flowers for Victoria to come out.  They were also filming the girls coming out that didn't make it and when Victoria's mom showed up they quit filming the girls and went straight to film Victoria's mom.  

Ugh. Never mind. 

(edited)

A lot of this hoopla over Victoria seems pretty premeditated. Personally I’m not going to buy into any of the nepotism conspiracy theories and rumors about who said what until the show airs. Of course she’ll be featured because her mom is a former DCC and friends with Kelli. That much is a no brainer. Victoria IS a competent dancer. Is she the best dancer in the world? No. But I can’t side eye her getting into finals. The girl has been dancing her entire life, and imo she showed up to auditions with her figure on point. Between her and Dayton, I’d take Victoria based on figure alone. I think their dancing is pretty similar.

Edited by Raccoon
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Raccoon said:

A lot of this hoopla over Victoria seems pretty premeditated. Personally I’m not going to buy into any of the nepotism conspiracy theories and rumors about who said what until the show airs. Of course she’ll be featured because her mom is a former DCC and friends with Kelli. That much is a no brainer. Victoria IS a competent dancer. Is she the best dancer in the world? No. But I can’t side eye her getting into finals. The girl has been dancing her entire life, and imo she showed up to auditions with her figure on point. Between her and Dayton, I’d take Victoria based on figure alone. I think their dancing is pretty similar.

I'm not a fan of her dancing, but I don't think she's the worst we've seen.

I'm way more interested in the tea re: why her and Dayton aren't in ANY pictures together from tryouts. I thought they were close and I know attended prep classes together months back. WTF happened? 

• Love 5
(edited)

For the record, I do believe everyone deserves a fair shot.  It's no secret I don't care for Victoria but if she makes it into TC on her own merit, fine.  But she's going to need to prove she has what it takes to wear that uniform.  Even then, I'm just not a fan of her looks & gummy smile.   

For the sake of the rest of the squad, I hope she's not as obnoxious as reports and videos have made her appear to be.  For all I know, her pending chance of making the team may have spurred some of the veterans to make an earlier escape than previously planned.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 2

Unless Victoria was Holly P. good (which we know isn't true), there will always be the same rumor/gossip/story around her that there was around Cassie: that she didn't/couldn't make the team on her own because of who her mom is/is friends with.  Regardless of what she's like personally (some rumors say she's sweet and down-to-earth while others says she's a diva b*tch with entitlement issues), it will be hard to go through this process knowing that people will be watching her, some hoping she'll fail for various reasons and others to make sure that she gets a fair chance.  She'll certainly have to work harder than everyone else to prove that she belongs there.  Whether or not she does so, we may never know.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Roo22 said:

Well for one thing, TCU is in Fort Worth. That would be a heck of a drive to Frisco 

Can confirm...graduated from TCU and parents lived in McKinney, east of Plano. Even back in the day it was a 90 minute drive. That said, 12 credit hours is considered a full time student. She could definitely do both. Practices aren’t as frequent when school is in session and work is usually an acceptable excuse to miss required sorority functions. And believe me, being a DCC wouldn’t hurt her during rush. 

2 hours ago, bnn said:

This also makes me wonder if VK already knows she's going to make it? Or else wouldn't it make sense to try out for Show Girls, too? It seems like if DCC is your dream, being on any team (especially one as good as TCU's Show Girls) is better than no team at all for the professional experience. 

Being a TCU showgirl would be perfect! Not every showgirl makes it (the girl that dropped out of TC to focus on her anatomy class/but mostly avoided being cut) was a showgirl, but it would be excellent experience for someone like VC who needs to mature in personality and dance style. 

1 hour ago, 5678Pixie said:

I had to do a quick google to confirm, but TCU is considered a highly selective university. It might be the only place she applied, but it’s not a gimme university like several others in the metroplex. It’s also $50k a year to attend. Thankfully wasn’t that much when I attended!! 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Cody701 said:

What did she say?

"I know that all of you are super super strong individuals. And I know that everyone has their own opinion about things. But do not let anyone make you feel inferior, whether it's to your face or over the internet. Especially the internet"

3 minutes ago, kalibean said:

That said, 12 credit hours is considered a full time student. She could definitely do both. Practices aren’t as frequent when school is in session and work is usually an acceptable excuse to miss required sorority functions. And believe me, being a DCC wouldn’t hurt her during rush.

Maybe she wants to be on show group and knows that takes a lot of time and an extremely flexible schedule. Or maybe she just wants to have a gap year. Who knows?

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

"I know that all of you are super super strong individuals. And I know that everyone has their own opinion about things. But do not let anyone make you feel inferior, whether it's to your face or over the internet. Especially the internet"

Maybe she wants to be on show group and knows that takes a lot of time and an extremely flexible schedule. Or maybe she just wants to have a gap year. Who knows?

Kelsey Bond or Kelsey Lowrance?

Kelsey's 2nd live video said:

"The internet is a scary place guys, and again, I know everyone has their personal opinion, especially in the dance world. But just don't let anybody make you feel less than you are.  Love you guys."

Just now, Cody701 said:

Kelsey Bond or Kelsey Lowrance?

Kelsey Lowrance.

• Love 1
(edited)
4 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Kelsey's 2nd live video said:

"The internet is a scary place guys, and again, I know everyone has their personal opinion, especially in the dance world. But just don't let anybody make you feel less than you are.  Love you guys."

Kelsey Lowrance.

I personally don't see how these girls take our words so personally. I mean they should take our opinions for a grain of salt.?‍♀️

Edited by Cody701
  • Love 3
(edited)

Probably the same way that people here get fired up when one random person in the dance community comes in and says everyone here is a pizza eating cat lady sitting in the basement of their parents' house lol does anyone like strangers judging them off one or two things that they post on the internet?  And these girls are on emotional roller coasters and probably have been getting nitpicked already for weeks. it's a free country and a free forum so snark away, i'm not trying to dictate at all what people should post, but i don't think it should come at ANY surprise that girls cry over reading here that they are too fat,not hd ready and a bad dancer. they'll grow their tough skin :) but i'm sure it's still a shock to read stuff about yourself like this for the first time.  just my thoughts. 

i am still willing to withold final judgment on Vic for now. She's def going to be featured because it's a big deal that she's the daughter of someone featured once prominently on the show AND she's been so visible the past two years on social media/in classes.  unless she blanked out on the combo i cant see any reason why all the judges would not put her thru to finals? but again, i'm purposely not trying to get inside info this year so i really can't say for sure.

and maybe Dayton is really focused on making it this year and doesn't want the drama of having to be on camera constantly with Victoria? 

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 20
20 minutes ago, Lunacat said:

Sure the internet is a scary place... when you don’t like what you’re seeing. Otherwise, rock on with your blogs and YouTube funding your vacations and lifestyle, am I right?

DING DING DING

You broadcast your entire life on social media, you take the good, the bad, and the ugly. No one knows how to keep anything private anymore, and then they get all boo hoo hoo and passive aggressive when people get critical. Gimme a break. 

• Love 14

Milan is a good example of someone who did school full time, was in a sorority, and did DCC. Well, until she quit to study abroad. However, she elected not to try out for show group because of this. She went to SMU (in Dallas), which is something Victoria maybe should have considered. It's still a drive to Frisco but much more manageable. Melissa also went to SMU and I believe she was still a full time student her first year on DCC. 

• Love 1