Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Hi everyone! I will start posting my lists in a separate topic and it has been created on the main page:) I will update this regularly and as we get into TCC! 

• Love 11
22 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Hi everyone! I will start posting my lists in a separate topic and it has been created on the main page:) I will update this regularly and as we get into TCC! 

Thank you so much for all of the effort you put into keeping us up to date :) 

• Love 4
26 minutes ago, dccfangirl said:

I agree - there are half-baked tricks in there but in terms of main DCC qualities being:

- entertaining

- fun to watch

- quality fans at the back would enjoy

- memorable

etc - there is NOTHING there. The Fouettes at the start were dullll and also her clumsiness falling out of turns would be a problem - DCC style is really precision-oriented. All of the moves are really straightforward but they're fast and so precise which is why they make such an impact. 

Sorry not to be mean about MKDomino who clearly has a lot to offer but I wouldn't be won over by that solo as a judge at finals.  

Agreed. It was very sloppy. Kitty would critique, "stop doing sh** you can't do." Her flexibility is lacking, as well.

• Love 7

I've watched since season 1 and I just can't wrap my head around how they judge looks. There are 4 vets right now who are absolute butterfaces, yet they cut people over "the look". People who I think are better looking than girls they have on the team. Katelyn for instance, they acted like she was so hopelessly ugly it was beyond help, which was ridiculous. Another year a blonde from some college dance team was featured who was an ok dancer with high kicks, but just really not attractive at all. When the judges deliberated, the dark haired guy that's on TMZ (or one of those type of shows) yelled "oh God no!" As soon as Kelli mentioned her name. Then Judy says "well she's very pretty" I couldn't believe it, she was probably the least attractive one that made it that far, and Judy thinks she is "very pretty" Yet others are too ugly. It just seems like it's inconsistent at best

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Jennv said:

I've watched since season 1 and I just can't wrap my head around how they judge looks. There are 4 vets right now who are absolute butterfaces, yet they cut people over "the look". People who I think are better looking than girls they have on the team. Katelyn for instance, they acted like she was so hopelessly ugly it was beyond help, which was ridiculous. Another year a blonde from some college dance team was featured who was an ok dancer with high kicks, but just really not attractive at all. When the judges deliberated, the dark haired guy that's on TMZ (or one of those type of shows) yelled "oh God no!" As soon as Kelli mentioned her name. Then Judy says "well she's very pretty" I couldn't believe it, she was probably the least attractive one that made it that far, and Judy thinks she is "very pretty" Yet others are too ugly. It just seems like it's inconsistent at best

Ok now I'm dying to know who the four 4 vest who are butterfaces are. 

• Love 8

Okay , Lindsey Waldrop? I will never understand .... every dance video makes me cringe because of her hair extensions and claw hands that she can’t control. 

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, DancingNurse said:

Ok now I'm dying to know who the four 4 vest who are butterfaces are. 

My guess would be Gina, Kelli Q, Lauren, and I can't think of the 4th one? 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Cody701 said:

It must suck to have a solo prepared, but then never get to perform it.

...and *POOF* @mkdomino's vid is gone.  Makes me wonder sometimes just who all reads this board.  Currently, her entire page is MIA.

mkdomino v2 poof.jpg

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, go4luca said:

...and *POOF* @mkdomino's vid is gone.  Makes me wonder sometimes just who all reads this board.  Currently, her entire page is MIA.

mkdomino v2 poof.jpg

They ALL do lol..I'm just waiting for us to end up on MTT

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, DancingNurse said:

I think Lauren is a doll, but the only one I think is really plain is Amy.

Ok, at risk of being crucified, I was thinking of Kelli Q, jinelle, heather O and madeline from Utah, who my husband says looks like an alien. I actually would not have included Madeline with the other 3 but I figure if he thinks she's that bad there is probably something to it. Now that you mention it Lauren is weird looking too, she has "crazy eyes" that weird me out. 

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, go4luca said:

mkdomino v2 poof.jpg

I saw her page right before it was taken down, and she had posted a screenshot of some of the comments about her video on here saying something along the lines of "You win DCC blog"

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, doglover0814 said:

I saw her page right before it was taken down, and she had posted a screenshot of some of the comments about her video on here saying something along the lines of "You win DCC blog"

We were not being mean to her though

• Love 3

Unfortunately, she's likely hurting because she didn't make Finals.  As much as people LOVED her solo, there were also others were critiquing it and that would hurt so soon after being cut.  However, I would hope she would give it some time, then really go back and read those critiques (especially as we weren't being unduly harsh or really mean about it) then work to improve for next year. 

Personally, if I'd gotten cut at semis, I'd take a week or two off to hide out, cry my eyes out, think about if I wanted to risk it again and, if the answer was yes, jump back in the game and get working.  Work out, pump up the cardio, take as many dance classes as one can afford in as many styles as possible, work as many hours as possible (especially if graduated from school) to earn money for next year, and start working on the solo as early as possible.  Once the music has been decided on, start the choreography and get it up to speed.  Film it, have someone who you respect and trust critique it, choose two things to work on, clean those up.  Refilm, decide if those two things have improved, choose two new things (or one new and one old thing) and repeat as often as necessary.  By the time next year comes around, you'll either be so ready for it, you'll ace everything or you won't.  It's up to the individual girl to decide if she wants to try out again or not, but that decision shouldn't be decided until she has at least one to two weeks WITHOUT thinking about DCC, replaying auditions or beating herself up for mistakes made or things not done at the auditions.

• Love 16

I feel bad she feels victimized, but she has to realize that critique is expected at DCC, or really ANY professional dance team for that matter. If she can't handle the general public's opinion on her, how will she be able to handle Kitty Carter? 

I think she is beautiful and has the potential to become a fantastic dancer, she just needs more training and grow some thick skin.

• Love 8
(edited)

I feel for her.  She has to be feeling pretty raw right now.  But as @EricaShadows pointed out, she should flip it around and use the critiques to improve.  Heck, look what the finalists who go to Kitty go through.  EVERYONE needs improvement, even the vets.  Otherwise you're at stand still and might as well be a mannequin in a store front.  Also, and not to sound bitchy,  anyone putting themselves publicly out there to audition for something as widely known as the DCC  better grow a thick skin.  Because Lord knows even the DCC themselves get scrutinized all over social media.  Take some time, cry your eyes out and let your emotions heal.  Then get off your butt and if you really want this, get busy.  I truly mean that in the most positive way possible.

Now, would someone please enlighten me as to what the blazes butterface means?  Please and thank you.

Edited by go4luca
clarity
  • Love 10
(edited)
1 hour ago, DancingNurse said:

I think Lauren is a doll, but the only one I think is really plain is Amy.

Edited by Jennv
Duplicate post! Sorry

ugh that poor girl. I thought her solo was awesome and it made me look back through a lot of her clips and i think she's so adorable and just so fun to watch.  reminds me why i promised myself i wouldn't post much here this season. i hope she doesn't get too discouraged.   

• Love 14

I should add that regarding these girls looks, they all look a million times better than my ugly fat butt, my comment was more just to point out that I find it puzzling that the powers that be think some girls don't look good enough that as far as I'm concerned don't look any worse than others they take no issue with.

• Love 5
9 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

This so sad that he spent 3 years in jail if he is innocent.  I heard the boy they were looking at now is his friend, I heard he hasn't been arrested.  When was he arrested?  I know a lot of people that do not want their children around him to this day.  I was just thinking a lot of attention would be drawn to him if he showed up to events with Gaebri or if he came to games.  All so sad no matter how you look at it.

I can’t find the thread on this?  Who is Gaebri and what was her boyfriend accused of?   Sorry if it’s been explained.    Oh so curious!  Thanks!

I'm sure a lot of the girls are on here reading and maybe even posting. Heck, I've seen this board mentioned in Reddit before, and we know the DCC organization knows about it, even Google turns it up in the top search results when you Google any DCC almost.  

Here's the thing- everyone will have their own opinions. Some people love certain girls while others don't. Personally I think that solo was beautiful and I would have loved to have seen it in costume, full on. But not everyone sees it that way, and neither will the judges. These girls who have put their heart and soul into trying out for years just got those same dreams crushed. Yeah, it's going to take time to be able to read and take critique objectively. This is the worst place they could be after being cut. 

There's a reason why this show is my guilty pleasure. I can't even stand the Cowboys, but I love this show. But I don't agree with how gorgeous girls get turned away, girls are made to feel fat when they are teeny tiny or just curvy, and the rules aren't always clear or fair. But the fact is ANY woman who tries out is way braver than me, 1000 times more dedicated than me, and way more talented than I can ever hope to be. 

• Love 24

I just want to say this...first, We know that the Cowboys Organization knows about us (shout out to @ShellyB) and we all know girls read this board. This is to them not other posters. 

I want these girls to remember that we are just people behind a monitor and a keyboard. We are nobody’s in this grand scheme except fans of this show because we can’t do what y’all are doing.  I would never, ever try out for the DCC. For one, I can’t dance and two, there’s no way I’d put that iconic uniform on this body.

Hearing critiques and reading nonsense posted here is nothing but nonsense itself. These are opinions that don’t matter and should not in any way be taken seriously. The majority of us, myself included, have never danced before and I couldn’t tell you what “shit you should or shouldn’t be doing”.  

But at the same time, if you’re going to live in a social media age and put literally everything out there about your “journey to the boots”, you’re opening yourselves up to the judgement.  You’re going to be judged at some point by Kelli and Co and you’ll also be judged by the American public because you signed up for a reality tv show.  I just think it would do everyone good to remember that this is just a message board and our opinions do not in any way influence Kelli or Charlotte.  We are still nobodys in the big picture.

• Love 23
2 minutes ago, UnicornSparkles said:

There are some very STRONG jaw lines this year....

I just don’t understand how she made it through  to finals, she was the worst one on the NBA spurs team and wasn’t invited back when she reauditioned last season. 

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Roo22 said:

They posted them last year though ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I wonder if it's because more girls found out that people were posting their social media handles and requested to not be featured. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Or they're just packaging everything together.

Edited by IsButterACarb
Grammar
  • Love 2
(edited)

Do we know who #73 in the first gallery is?  She's pretty (and I REALLY like both her hair cut and her hair color) and she looks like a decent dancer from what little I can see.  #306 is the black woman in yellow (and a long sleeved top to boot) with the. . . ahem, interesting. . . expressions we were talking about earlier.  It seems she could easily have RBF from what I could see and not only was she not in the best shape to audition, I wouldn't be surprised if she was in the "why did she audition again?" category.  I looked through both slideshows and didn't see Brennan so I'm guessing she's either really good at not getting photographed or she didn't audition again.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1

Ok. Here are my thoughts to the finalists. Out of the 50 some odd girls that made it to finals, only a handful of them get discussed. Which means, that out of those girls, you stood out in a manner which got someone’s attention. That is the point of being a performer. First step, get noticed. After you get noticed, then people begin the critique. Does she have it? There are very few performers DCC or Hollywood even, that are homeruns. The rest are varied opinions. So if you got noticed enough for someone to look at your solo, or mention that you’re  pretty then you are a step ahead of the majority. There will be critiques, good and bad. That’s part of the performance world. If you can’t handle that, you picked the wrong passion. Be glad that someone, somewhere saw you out of hundreds of girls and thought that you were worth checking out. 

• Love 3
(edited)
37 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Do we know who #73 in the first gallery is?  She's pretty (and I REALLY like both her hair cut and her hair color) and she looks like a decent dancer from what little I can see.  #306 is the black woman in yellow (and a long sleeved top to boot) with the. . . ahem, interesting. . . expressions we were talking about earlier.  It seems she could easily have RBF from what I could see and not only was she not in the best shape to audition, I wouldn't be surprised if she was in the "why did she audition again?" category.  I looked through both slideshows and didn't see Brennan so I'm guessing she's either really good at not getting photographed or she didn't audition again.

Abby Penprase

Abby.thumb.jpg.d741ce565e083cf4d59f957fb686cb42.jpg

Brennan was there

BC.JPG.e641567c72863a94b7510e60a8f2ea86.JPG

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 3
12 hours ago, Tootie said:

On one of Jay's videos, Kelli announces "welcome to finals: #48 Brittney/Brittany A"...   She's wearing orange and white and has dark curly hair.  Does anyone know who she is?  I haven't been able to find anything about her yet.

From her outfit and her hair, I think this is "#48 Brittney A." Does anyone recognise her??

2018-05-07 - Copy1.png

Brittany A. #48 1.jpg

(edited)
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

Never noticed kali's tattoo before.

5af1139848f9a_kalitat.JPG.1551900741f2bbfcff1aeed0df7604b2.JPG

Whoever it was (earlier in this thread) that was saying Kali had abs and was tiny can just check out this pic. How can you even show up to auditions looking so different from last year!?!?!

Edited by Collette1104
  • Love 1

Okay I have 46 girls on my list + 1 which is “Brittany A” that we heard in Jay’s video but I can’t find her anywhere. 47 in total

possibly 49 if Brennan and Gaebri both made it

• Love 2
11 hours ago, TrashPanda said:

I couldn’t tell you what “shit you should or shouldn’t be doing”.

According to Kitty, the shit you shouldn't do is the shit you can't do :)

8 hours ago, Roo22 said:

Brennan looks beautiful in that pic!

She does.  Go Brennan!!!

• Love 5