Type keyword(s) to search

2018 DCC Audition Speculation

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

On 1/13/2018 at 6:05 PM, dreamcatcher said:

I agree. I think something about her face was really off, but they have completely out of shape vets, rookies who are completely bland, girls who look like they're going to slap you if you dare to even look at them, mediocre and even bad dancers... Brennan was good and well spoken. She earned her spot and she was robbed of it imo.

Yes. Robbed. Completely robbed. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Little Alise from last year is someone I'm hoping makes it back. I think she's on the Mavs now unless that's another Alise.

I was surprised how little attention was paid to her on the show when she was used as DCC auditions poster girl on all social media of DCC, Dallas wear and everyone who cover the auditions. 

Edited by mmm

I've long thought (well, since their cuts) that Taryn and Brennan should have made the team.  Both were mature, well-spoken and good enough dancers that could have been solid leaders even if they never made group leaders.  Admittedly, they had some issues (Brennan could look cross-eyed in her photograph, but that could be fixed and Taryn could have improved in her dancing as many of the DCC have once they made the team).  Now, Brennan has said that she's not going to reaudition and, as much as I would love her to, I doubt Taryn would.  I remember hearing that she was furious after her cut and would have every reason to be more so when Milan and Alexandria left. 

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, EricaShadows said:

Now, Brennan has said that she's not going to reaudition

Best news I've heard in a long time. I do not at all get the Brennan love. She was mediocre at best. Definitely not good enough to overcome her unfortunate cross eyed situation. Taryn was okay but again, nothing special. Didn't matter to me which of the mediocre girls got in so I wasn't upset that Savannah the mediocre redhead was taken over Taryn the mediocre blonde. But I am actively glad Brennan didn't make it. 

• Love 8

I do not see Taryn or Brennan has good enough dancers to make the squad. I also do not think they would have improved once they would have made the squad also. I am surprised either one of them made TC at all especially since Taryn was the lowest ranked TC Candidate. And to be honest about it, I think Milan and Alexandria were better dancers than Taryn and Brennan. And for one or both of them to make the squad because vets left is not the best way of making the team in my opinion. They should make the team because of their skills not because vets were cut at finals, during TC, or left after the season started.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not see Taryn or Brennan has good enough dancers to make the squad. I also do not think they would have improved once they would have made the squad also. I am surprised either one of them made TC at all especially since Taryn was the lowest ranked TC Candidate. And to be honest about it, I think Milan and Alexandria were better dancers than Taryn and Brennan. And for one or both of them to make the squad because vets left is not the best way of making the team in my opinion. They should make the team because of their skills not because vets were cut at finals, during TC, or left after the season started.

LOL, I think that's how Christina and Savannah made the team.  So, what does that say about them to me?  Well, had Holly and Erica not got up to what they did (for the love of all things holy, let's not drudge up that topic yet again) there is no way either Christina or Savannah would be able to call themselves DCC's.  Those two got lucky.  Lucky.

• Love 4
On 1/13/2018 at 10:13 PM, MrsEVH said:

According to ultimatecheereaders.com the Miami Dolphins  Cheerleaders auditions on April 14th. That's really early.  

From the Detroit Lions Cheerleaders twitter: 

Get ready.... DLC auditions will take place March 25th and 26th at Ford Field! Registration details will be released soon.

On 1/15/2018 at 4:57 PM, bigskygirl said:

Just like in Season 8 when Courtney Cook left before TC started, and Chelsea was cut during TC. I do not think Morgan and Kaitlyn LaRue would have made the team without two vets leaving or being cut.

Kaitlin was as cute as a bug, but she was completely ditzy. No wonder she did not make it past one season.

• Love 1
Just now, UnicornKicks said:

So they can serve booze at private events. Yeah that would be a BIG FAT RED FLAG NOOOOOO to me.

Is this a fact or a guess?  I assumed it was a maturity issue.

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Nobody cares about maturity just legality. 

I do like their blue mesh top uniforms they got last season, but can't get used to the normal cheer shoes and not boots. 

3 minutes ago, UnicornKicks said:
12 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Nobody cares about maturity just legality. 

I don't agree with your opinion;  mine is that it is more about not wanting to deal with teenagers with changing bodies/more immature attitudes than it is about booze.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, UnicornKicks said:

So they can serve booze at private events. Yeah that would be a BIG FAT RED FLAG NOOOOOO to me.

The Lions just made their squad official in 2016.  I can not imagine any scenario where you're starting a squad in 2016 and you will have the ladies serving or consuming alcoholic beverages.  With the recent lawsuits around cheerleader compensation and the potential for liability and negative publicity, it would make no sense.  Besides, the NFL probably prohibits it.

I believe other squads treat cheerleading like the part-time job it is.  Shorter audition time, fewer practices, and fewer appearances.  It makes perfect sense to me to have the squad be 21+.  No one over 21 wants to hang out with 18-20 y.o.

Edited by hypeman
grammar
  • Love 6

Each team has different requirement , NY Knicks dance teams requires seven years of professional dance experience which means the majority of their dancers are in mid to late twenties.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, hypeman said:

The Lions just made their squad official in 2016.  I can not imagine any scenario where you're starting a squad in 2016 and you will have the ladies serving or consuming alcoholic beverages.  With the recent lawsuits around cheerleader compensation and the potential for liability and negative publicity, it would make no sense.  Besides, the NFL probably prohibits it.

I believe other squads treat cheerleading like the part-time job it is.  Shorter audition time, fewer practices, and fewer appearances.  It makes perfect sense to me to have the squad be 21+.  No one over 21 wants to hang out with 18-20 y.o.

I complete agree with the above. Just to add on to the 21 year old requirement- you only have to be 18 to serve drinks in Michigan so I do think it's more of a maturity thing . 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, mmm said:

Each team has different requirement , NY Knicks dance teams requires seven years of professional dance experience which means the majority of their dancers are in mid to late twenties.

Wasn't former blonde DCC Amy on the Knicks City Dancers?

Are the Lions cheerleaders actually taking orders for drinks, or just expected to be in an environment where there is definitely alcohol served, so they’re making sure everyone is legal. In some states you can’t even work in convenience stores and sell beer if you’re not a certain age, even if 99% of the time you’re just a cashier ringing up gum and chips.

There could be a basis to this. My in laws’ company hosts a golf outing every year, and they won’t let summer interns under 21 help, because of the alcohol issue. They venue only lets it’s own employees actually sell and serve alcohol, even if supplied by whoever is hosting, but the venue itself won’t allow anyone under 21 to drive carts, caddy, run registration, basically do anything that might tempt a golfer to say ‘hey, grab me a beer and take one for yourself.’

The golf course will let high school kids cut grass, wait tables, caddy, etc., just not during rented or sponsored events. 

Possibly it’s the same for whoever owns Detroit’s stadium. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, mmm said:

Unless they start dancing professionally before they’re 18. I’ve seen the Nicks dancers in person, and they’re good, but not at all as good as you’d expect a major pro team surrounded by NYC dancers to be. It was so odd. I’ve heard the Laker Girls are the same. 

4 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Are the Lions cheerleaders actually taking orders for drinks, or just expected to be in an environment where there is definitely alcohol served, so they’re making sure everyone is legal. In some states you can’t even work in convenience stores and sell beer if you’re not a certain age, even if 99% of the time you’re just a cashier ringing up gum and chips.

There could be a basis to this. My in laws’ company hosts a golf outing every year, and they won’t let summer interns under 21 help, because of the alcohol issue. They venue only lets it’s own employees actually sell and serve alcohol, even if supplied by whoever is hosting, but the venue itself won’t allow anyone under 21 to drive carts, caddy, run registration, basically do anything that might tempt a golfer to say ‘hey, grab me a beer and take one for yourself.’

The golf course will let high school kids cut grass, wait tables, caddy, etc., just not during rented or sponsored events. 

Possibly it’s the same for whoever owns Detroit’s stadium. 

THANK YOU. Never said it was a license for prostitution. Other teams don't care abotu looking squeaky clean like DCC, but they don't want sued either or have it look like underage girls are in a party scene. 

Within the last couple of years, InBev has made a 1.5 billion dollar deal with the NFL to advertise their products. I think we will see more teams require their members to be 21 and over for that reason. IIRC, one of the DCC videos had a big Bud Light banner splashed across the background. 

Edited by tinabee1967
  • Love 1
On 1/13/2018 at 7:29 PM, dreamcatcher said:

Do we know who is next to Molly? If she auditions and doesn't make it, I quit.

On 1/13/2018 at 9:46 PM, hypeman said:

Are you talking about the black girl?

If we are, that is @jasmin.marie26 on instagram 

• Love 2
On 1/18/2018 at 2:18 PM, UnicornKicks said:

I wish we could see her kick. If she can kick and isn't insane/toxic, she can dance and has the body.

I can grant you one kick.  Girl has some sass & fun!

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Unless they start dancing professionally before they’re 18. I’ve seen the Nicks dancers in person, and they’re good, but not at all as good as you’d expect a major pro team surrounded by NYC dancers to be. It was so odd. I’ve heard the Laker Girls are the same. 

Yeah, I agree, Laker girls are same in what ?

11 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I reckon that's because the most talented dancers in those areas have so many other options. They're probably working professionals in the industry, doing paid gigs where they dance all the time and get to do a variety of jobs, have lots of difference experiences, work with respected professionals, and build their resumes. In comparison, working for the NFL means being committed for an entire year, only performing once a week during the season, and doing relatively banal, repetitive choreography. It also means signing a contract with an organization that exercises control over your personal appearance, your ability to audition for and take other jobs, and to some extent, your personal life, with respect to who you can associate with, what you can do with your own social media, etc.  Being an NFL cheerleader takes up a lot of free time and offers very limited performance opportunities. NBA dancers perform more, and have a greater variety of dance styles, but they have many of the same other restrictions that are found in the NFL.

• Love 5

I don't see anywhere that a Knicks dancer has to have professional experience. 

http://www.leadcastingcall.com/knicks-city-dancers-audition-2017-18/

REQUIREMENTS

Must be 18 years of age or older by Sunday June 28th 2017. Bring photo ID.

Versatile dancers with strong technical training in any or all of the following styles; Jazz, Contemporary, Hip Hop, Musical Theatre Ballroom, etc.

Experienced technicians trained in executing choreography with precision.

Dancers who exude a professional performance quality.

Articulate, well-spoken, confident and educated women to represent the Knicks brand.

Must wear form fitting dance attire, character shoes, and bring jazz shoes/sneakers.

Polished hair and makeup.

Headshots and resumes will be collected at callbacks.

As far as the Laker girls go, they prefer (don't require) at least 8 years of dance experience, professional experience is not mentioned.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

I think she is over doing it. Maybe if she tones it down some, she has a chance of making the team.

Agreed, I think she's going for "firecracker".

I don't know if Brianna is coming back this year (IIRC when Kelli asked if she'd re-audition, she said she'd probably wait a year) but dang.....this is not the emotional "I don't know why I'm crying" young thang I remember from S12.

brianna.jpg

• Love 2

I was stalking through the #Dcc hashtag on Instagram (so curious!)  and noticed this girl also auditioning. Kind of large but she mentioned going to a class soon so we'll see if she has what it takes. 

Edited by DancerGirl1992
Messed up
1 hour ago, go4luca said:

I don't know if Brianna is coming back this year (IIRC when Kelli asked if she'd re-audition, she said she'd probably wait a year) but dang.....this is not the emotional "I don't know why I'm crying" young thang I remember from S12.

brianna.jpg

Brianna is Abigail Klein level gorgeous to me. 

Too bad she wasn’t ready and couldn’t kick at the DCC level. 

Edited by RazzleberryPie
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Too bad she wasn’t ready and couldn’t kick at the DCC level. 

She is so pretty I hope she eventually comes back 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, go4luca said:

brianna.jpg

That dress has got to cause problems with the "DCC Standards" police. We haven't seen they pull out "no-no" photos from a TCC's social media in a while, but this is one that could come back to bite her if they bring that segment back.

Edited by hannahbanana
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, mmm said:

I heard the 7 year requirement in interview, i will look for it when i can. 

Yeah, I'll be interested to see who said that.  Since the minimum age is 18, that would mean they'd have to had started dancing professionally when they were 11.

8 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Oh, hush! Lol, NO ONE is Abigail Klein level gorgeous...she is just on a whole other level in this world...I'd say Kelsey is a few levels beneath Abigail...

• Love 5