Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

11 minutes ago, anniebird said:

Andrea Joyce isn't all that thrilled with Adam either.

I like Adam, and I loved everything about him and Mirai and the stories during the team event.  I thought he was fantastic in his dealings on the whole Pence issue when it started.  I am beginning to think, however, that perhaps he's read a few too many of his press clippings at this point.  I'd like to see him just pull back a bit and not try to be so quipworthy/quoteworthy every time out, I'm not sure what word I'm looking for there. 

Edited by pennben
  • Love 24

Guess you do miss some stuff on the stream.... If you can actually miss Andrea's terrible questions. (She was using slang when interviewing Alioa and Bruno. You just don't do that to non-native English speakers.) 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Irlandesa said:

Johnny just won the night for me with this after Adam's Meryl Streep comment.

"You may understand that Adam and I speak a similar language and even I didn't understand that."

Johnny is really two different personalities. There's Johnny Weir the "personality" and then there's Johnny Weir who is a rather strict cool customer when commenting on skating. I don't think he's all that impressed with Adam's skating. 

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, COESpiral said:

I think Adam is ridiculous at times, but at least he doesn't give a rote interview.  No "I'm just out there to have fun and do my best and it's all in the hands of the judges now" standard commentary.

Yes.  Instead we get "what outlandish and overly familiar things can I say to ensure that people keep talking about me".  

He seems like the guy that checks his twitter every 30 seconds to see how many new followers he has gotten since he last checked.  He relishes attention, and unfortunately the media gives it to him.

• Love 8
2 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

Johnny is really two different personalities. There's Johnny Weir the "personality" and then there's Johnny Weir who is a rather strict cool customer when commenting on skating. I don't think he's all that impressed with Adam's skating. 

Yeah, Adam isn't bringing anything Jason Brown (among others) couldn't bring. Jason was 89 at 4CC (different competitions, I know). 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Jeddah said:

Wait, where was the Adam interview? I’m getting local newspaper on NBC and the Zamboni and the kiss cam on NBCSN.  I have multiple screens, and I’m still missing things!

It was on NBCSN about 15-20ish minutes ago. 

• Love 1

Re: Johnny's new hairdo?  I keep thinking he's got those big plastic rollers in his hair (probably only those of us of a certain age will know what I'm talking about).  I wish Johnny would quit the OTT hairdo's.  He really knows skating but his appearance distracts some times.

Tonight I've had to hit the mute several times when Tara was babbling away.  Please NBC...replace her with Tanith in the future.

• Love 5
Just now, honeywest said:

Want to play a drinking game? Whenever I say, “Shut up, Tara,” take a sip.

The livestream has been keeping my blood pressure in check tonight. I can’t with Tara so I refuse to watch prime time.

• Love 4

Backing up a bit ... saw some Olympic Ice with Tanith and Scott.  They were explaining differents jumps, but I still could not understand.  

I have always loved Scott, but am very impressed with Tanith and look forward to,hearing more from her.

Did the host stay it was 30 years since Scott medaled???  Yikes!   I am old!

Edited by Thumper
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, carolibra said:

So badly wanted the camera to pan to Andrea. You just know her eyes were rolling back so far they could see yesterday. 

Dear Adam Rippon, I have liked your skating since the first season I saw you, when your hair was still curly, but in regard to these trying-too-hard interviews:

2ee907ab-6a31-4b51-b336-db4e408408d3_tex

• Love 7
1 minute ago, healthnut said:

I love Tara & Johnny and I’m so thankful to be saved from Sandra Bezic. 

Me, too, @healthnut!  And from Scott, as well!  I don't much enjoy Tanith's commentary, either.  

Scott won his gold medal in 1984 - 34 years ago.

As far as Adam goes, I hope he is savvy enough to hire a media consultant to help him parlay his newfound celebrity status into something a bit more lasting.  He seems really smart to me, so I'm hopeful.  He wouldn't be the first unexpected celebrity to find newfound fame unsettling.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, leopardprint said:

On NBCSN or on the NBCSN app under the helpful title “Hockey and More.”

Ah, thank you! I was foolishly watching the men’s short program under the title “men’s short program.” I should have looked under hockey!

• Love 8

I'm watching the feed on the computer- and in the top corner they are showing ALL of the Winnie the Pooh stuffed animals he's getting. It's literally a mountain. 

Those little ice skaters just got a WORK OUT! Haha. 

Edited by SiobhanJW
  • Love 11