Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

I like to watch old skating competitions on You Tube so I can hear Dick Buttons commentary.  It warms my heart when I hear him get so excited for young skaters who are doing so well.  He just seems like such a lovely man.

Edited by movingtargetgal
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, absnow54 said:

Terry keeps on assuming that songs from before Johnny was born was during his time. He did the same thing with that hip hop medley yesterday, and Dark Side of the Moon is even older. (Although let's not pretend someone doesn't skate to Shine on You Crazy Diamond every season.)

I assume “Terrance” is teasing “John.” 

• Love 4
17 minutes ago, Growsonwalls said:

The infamous Nikolai Morozov, who has banged nearly every female skater he's ever coached, married two of them (Shae Lynn Bourne and his current wife), and is the rumored baby-daddy of Miki Ando.

WHAAAAAT??????   ????

• Love 5
Just now, movingtargetgal said:

Is it just me or does the world of figure skating produce the best gossip in all of sports.

Oh, it's not just you.  The backstage drama, especially among the Russian* pairs skaters and ice dancers going back some 25 or 30 years, beats any soap opera hands-down.

• Love 10
Just now, movingtargetgal said:

Is it just me or does the world of figure skating produce the best gossip in all of sports.

It produces the best gossip that gets out to the fans. 

I know someone who works at the NY Knicks and the NBA gossip ... ooh boy ...

• Love 4

I need to find a replay of his skate ASAP. I come home from work to watch Nathan’s amazing performance and it’s all scrambled! The entire channel is now black. Someone at Direct TV is getting an earful. 

So happy for Nathan to come out and kill it, and to show the critics that he can do it. I can’t wait to see how good he can be in four years. Increase the artistic component and he can be unbeatable. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I know it's because of the Charlie Chaplin music but Messing looks like he forgot he was getting married today.

Okay, that’s all I can see now. “I’m doing this long program, but it feels like I had something else I was supposed to do today...”

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

I know it's because of the Charlie Chaplin music but Messing looks like he forgot he was getting married today.

I tuned in after he started and guessed "I'm getting married in the morning" before I heard the music. 

Eta oh, on some of the slow mo he looked like Tim Curry in Clue. Now there would be a program.!

Edited by MaKaM
  • Love 3

The Australian commentator on the livestream (the actually useful commentator) was all about Keegan’s skating skills and sit spin positions. And so am I. That long program is so well constructed and balanced and lovely.

• Love 4
Just now, specialj67 said:

The Australian commentator on the livestream (the actually useful commentator) was all about Keegan’s skating skills and sit spin positions. And so am I. That long program is so well constructed and balanced and lovely.

Agreed. 

1 minute ago, healthnut said:

Thank goodness for the NBC app, NBC has on skiing but who is this chick on the feed?

This is happened to me last night. If you choose the feed for the men’s free skate on the NBCSN app, there’s a random man and woman commentating. I have no idea who they are. If you pick the feed for hockey and more  it’s Johnny, Tara, and Terry commentating. Why it’s under hockey, I don’t know. Because NBC wants to make this as complicated as possible.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, healthnut said:

Thank goodness for the NBC app, NBC has on skiing but who is this chick on the feed?

If you click on the live thing on the top of the NBC Sports app home page, it should give you an option to click on the NBCSN stream, with Terry, Johnny , and that annoying girl.   ;)

• Love 1
1 minute ago, mtlchick said:

The big winner of these Games: the Moulin Rouge soundtrack. 

Gold to Coldplay; Silver to Moulin Rouge :-)

”It’s not a Winnie the Pooh, and there’s only one of them, but he’ll get there.”  Oh Terry. That came out a little more condescending than I know he meant.

• Love 5