Type keyword(s) to search

Figure Skating

Just now, LexieLily said:

I need a quick explanation of the points and medal race. Nathan Chen is in first and gold medal position as of now, with how many more skaters to perform?

Too many.  He'd need several to implode for him to get bronze and that won't happen. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Souris said:

Nathan Mao Asada'd it!

Erm, he skated as he needed to, but that skate has nowhere near the artistry of Mao's.

He sacrificed PCS for scores. Fine, but it shouldn't affect people who skate both parts cleanly.

3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

He'd need several to implode for him to get bronze and that won't happen. 

Eh, you never know. I felt like Aliona and Bruno were a long shot for gold, since two teams were 5+ points ahead - but even tiny mistakes made a difference. Well, and some horrible costumes and music. I would be ecstatic for Nathan if he even made the top 5.

• Love 4
Just now, PaulaO said:

M. Ge skated to Meditation, one of my favorite pieces, but I couldn't enjoy it because off all the yapping from the commentators.  Shut the F up until the program is over!

Switch to the app channel for different commentators. 

• Love 1

I read Dick's feed and hear his voice and it's like chicken soup for the soul.

I hope Chen isn't another Kurt Browning. I want him to take Gold in Beijing. Considering how good he is now and how young, I can see him being the total package in Beijing. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, LexieLily said:

Thank you! So there are 24 skaters in total and Nathan is in 1st/gold after 10 have been scored. Right?

Yes and he has a 40 point lead on 2nd place Bychenko so I'm expecting him to hold 1st at least through half of Group 3.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, PaulaO said:

M. Ge skated to Meditation, one of my favorite pieces, but I couldn't enjoy it because off all the yapping from the commentators.  Shut the F up until the program is over!

For real.  If they’re going to be like, “That’s nice and all, but not as GREAT AS NATHAN CHEN!!!!” for the rest of the night, then I can watch something else.

Edited by superdeluxe
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

I don't know if the cameras are out of sync on NBC's site because it looks like Brian Orser starts clapping before Jun-Hwan jumps.  I don't know but I'm choosing to believe that he is doing it that way to buck him up. 

The same thing happens on the live stream.

20 minutes ago, MaKaM said:

Too bad his PCS holds him back. 

Yeah. I like Nathan, but IMHO he doesn't have the artistry of some of the top contenders .  He's not Goebel  who was as wooden as a log when he was the Quad King, because there's at least artistic potential with Nathan. However, he does need to work on this. He's very young. So there's time for him to improve on this tremendously over the next four years. 

Edited by Enero
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, SophiaD said:

Oh, God, Andrea.  I want Adam to replace her after he retires so badly.  He could not possibly be this inane.

I can't see Adam holding his tongue in skater interviews. It would make for awesome TV, but skaters can't be afraid to talk to an interviewer!

• Love 2

Thank you for Uncle Dick's twitter account...I don't have one myself so it never occured to me to look there.  Love the feisty ole dude!  Now my Olympics are complete.

I'm so glad for Nathan...he looked like he was so wound up at first that I had real fear for repeat of the short program, but it was wonderful to see him recover.  Very proud of him.   

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Yes and he has a 40 point lead on 2nd place Bychenko so I'm expecting him to hold 1st at least through half of Group 3.

No one in the third group has a PB high enough to come close to Nathan’s score. He will be in the lead until the final group for sure. 

• Love 7

I had tears in eyes at the end of Nathan's skate. So happy he will end on a high note, but also regretful of what could have been.

i would hope Boyang has the shot to push Javi or Shoma, not Chan. All top four contenders have the potential. More of a chance for Javi to mess up, though, IMO.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Who is Kerry's coach?  He looks like Mister Bean.

The infamous Nikolai Morozov, who has banged nearly every female skater he's ever coached, married two of them (Shae Lynn Bourne and his current wife), and is the rumored baby-daddy of Miki Ando.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Vanderboom said:

Lol at Uncle Terry discussing Pink Floyd nostalgically and Johnny/Tara pretending they didn't know what he was talking about. 

Terry keeps on assuming that songs from before Johnny was born was during his time. He did the same thing with that hip hop medley yesterday, and Dark Side of the Moon is even older. (Although let's not pretend someone doesn't skate to Shine on You Crazy Diamond every season.)

• Love 3