Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E16: Reunion Special LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Blah, so the rumors next season are true.

Probst must really not want to talk to the cast.  I feel like if they sat in the audience they'd have a better chance to get spoken to.

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 3

Well, two Survivor records were broken tonight: Caramoan is no longer my least favourite season and Bob is no longer the worst Winner. 

I get that Ben, like, did stuff. But it usually wasn't the right stuff and he was playing with idiots. I don't like her as a personality, but Chrissy was robbed.

Survivor 35: Scavenger Hunt Island. My 8 year old self would've won handily, because I was boss at finding Easter eggs.

Edited by Oholibamah
  • Love 5

I will say this again. 
i do not care.
My mother has cancer, I do not care that Adam won for his mom (rip) and whatever. 
I am proud of people who serve my country (and other countries) I'm sorry you had PTSD, that's not a good reason to win the game. 
i swear it took 34 years for Sarah to go "well excuse me, "outplay" doesn't mean just physical. 
do not make me wait another 34 for someone to go "I deserve to win because I played well HERE. not my outside life."

• Love 6

Glad Ben won and Chrissy lost.  She was way too full of herself.  He kept playing and I'm not holding it against him that Production helped him along. Would love to see Devon, Desi, and Lauren return in a future season.

• Love 5

What a crappy ending to Survivor.

First off, in every final 3 season ever, idols were only allowed until day 36, which is the final 6 elimination.

Second, the twist was crappy and the timing essentially made it impossible for people to play around.

Third, both of these suspicious changes get put into place to conveniently protect the ultimate winner who didn't play a good enough game and had a 0% chance to win without said twists.

This is the first time where it really felt production had a favorite and rolled with it for the narrative they wanted to sell.

Production completely screwed Chrissy and, possibly, Devon.

Edited by MKL122788
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, alexa said:

Haven’t we seen enough of Ben?  Do we really need the recap?

What's the point in masturbating if you're not going to give yourself an orgasm?  

4 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Blah, so the rumors next season are true.

It looks like they're going to Adventureland in the Magic Kingdom.

Edited by Maverick
  • Love 7
1 minute ago, MKL122788 said:

Second, the twist was crappy and the timing essentially made it impossible for people to play around.

Agree. One of the worst twists they've ever done. It's up there with Redemption Island.

• Love 5
4 minutes ago, alexa said:

Haven’t we seen enough of Ben?  Do we really need the recap?

Well, the last bearded dude larger than life went 0-for-4, so they're making that up with Ben. At least there's no tye-dye.

3 minutes ago, MKL122788 said:

What a crappy ending to Survivor.

First off, in every final 3 season ever, idols were only allowed until day 36, which is the final 6 elimination.

Third, both of these suspicious changes get put into place to conveniently protect the ultimate winner who didn't play a good enough game and had a 0% chance to win without said twists.

This is the first time where it really felt production had a favorite and rolled with it for the narrative they wanted to sell.

Production completely screwed Chrissy and, possibly, Devon.

No. Yul, i think had an idol to get into the final 4. I think. 

Peachy’s blathering makes it sound like Chrissy and Lauren will absolutely be returning sometime.

Stop touching Ben Chrissy.  God.

Also, boo fucking hoo that you lost your job because you left for six weeks to basically go play a game.  Sorry your employer didn’t respect your SIXTEEN YEAR DREAM waah waah waaaaahhhh.

• Love 4

Well, there ya go.

As one of our brilliant posters here (and I'm sorry I don't remember of have the skills to find out) observed:

Ben is getting the winners edit after the fireplace explosion.

I should have turned off my set there, but it's always great fun talking with fellow addicts  :)

Saw this trainwreck coming and refused to get out of the way.

Better luck this Spring!

train smash.gif

• Love 1
Just now, Daisy said:

No. Yul, i think had an idol to get into the final 4. I think. 

Yeah, but I discount that as the era of the super idol. The super idol is a black mark on Seasons 12 and 13. It also could be played after the votes. Since the changes to the idols, the final time to play in a season with a final 3 was at the Final 6.

Just now, double-elvis said:

Are we going to talk to ANY of the other contestants or is this the Ben show?

Sorry, but I'm over it.

Yeah, I've had Marines and other military members in my family and inner circle of friends, and I'm extremely proud of them (some who do suffer from PTSD).  But seriously, I just feel like this is exploitation.  Same with Adam and what I thought was carefully calculated tears at the FTC about his mom.  Losing my own dad from lung cancer I just rolled my eyes and seethed.

• Love 5

And I will say this:  no one should be critical of someone who has served our country and returned with PTSD.  No one.  It's very, very real and terrifying to that person.  I am so moved by the Marine buddies who surprised Ben.  

• Love 14

"This is what it's about can you this... can you that... can you GET JEFF TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET ON WITH IT?!?!

This portion is more Probst-centric every year and I hate it. It's not about you Jeff. I know that's hard for you to swallow but just deal with it.

Edited by Wandering Snark
  • Love 7
10 minutes ago, nlkm9 said:

what would happen if there was a tie??

The thinking - maybe confirmed last season, I can't remember - is that the non-tied contestant gets a vote. Because Jeff specifically brought it up last season there was a lot of spec it would happen this season and if so, how (when they would do it, whether they'd get everyone to vote, etc). 

2 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

And I will say this:  no one should be critical of someone who has served our country and returned with PTSD.  No one.  It's very, very real and terrifying to that person.  I am so moved by the Marine buddies who surprised Ben.  

That's not what I'm criticizing. My issue is the show seems overly biased towards a winner that many think was lucky to be in the final in the first place. 

• Love 1
Just now, Wandering Snark said:

"This is what it's about can you this... can you that... can you GET JEFF TO SHUT THE FUCK UP AND GET ON WITH IT?!?!

This portion is more Probst-centric every year and I hate it. It's not about you Jeff. I know that's hard for you to swallow but just deal with it.

Honestly, I watch this show in spite of Probst, but he does make it harder every season.  

Devon is adorbs, wish we could hear from the non-Ben contingency.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

Shallow notes -- Chrissy looks gorgeous.  I think Ben is adorable and Devon looks incredibly handsome (IMHO).  

Chrissy did clean up nicely, though I'd still pick Ashley or Desi as the best looking tonight.

• Love 2