Type keyword(s) to search

S35.E16: Reunion Special LIVE CHAT

Whimsy
  • Start Topic

Worst season ever.  I only watched 1 of the last 3 episodes and I fast forwarded through most of that one.

I forgot the Finale was on and happened to flip to CBS just in time to see the votes counted.  The least vile member of the worst Final 3 ever won, so there's that.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, double-elvis said:

That's not what I'm criticizing. My issue is the show seems overly biased towards a winner that many think was lucky to be in the final in the first place. 

Over-compensating, maybe? Like if they make him look deserving enough then people will forget he was almost certainly going to be out at F4. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I tried to PM you but it said that you are not receiving PM's. 

Just sent you one!

Okay, Probst really isn't talking to anyone else besides Ben and Lauren.  Did he even talk to Chrissy or Ryan?

7 minutes ago, MerBearHou said:

And I will say this:  no one should be critical of someone who has served our country and returned with PTSD.  No one.  It's very, very real and terrifying to that person.  I am so moved by the Marine buddies who surprised Ben.  

It's not a free pass.

• Love 4

Congrats Ben for winning by pulling an Adam at final tribal and playing the military service/PTSD card for the jury. I wanted Chrissy to win. She was just amazing there at the end. She had a good final speech, too. One thing I think made a big difference with the jury is that the jury saw Ben play the idol and kind of participated in the moment, but most did not see Chrissy win immunity, they only saw her wearing the necklace. Even the ones who were at the immunity challenges were busy competing and not really watching. Women her age are always written off as of no competitive value in Survivor, more as tag along afterthoughts, so it was nice to see her triumph the way she did. She looked really good at the finale, too. I'm sorry she lost her job. She should work for my employer - we're always looking for good people!

• Love 5

Gee. All the attention they’re giving Ben at the reunion does NOTHING to convince me that they weren’t telegraphing a Ben win and manipulating the game to end up with it. 

Oh, and those that asked about Ben’s bandage, I read that he was covering a tattoo that either he, or the show, didn’t want shown on TV.  Maybe a nekkid lady? LOL. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, Lamb18 said:

Congrats Ben for winning by pulling an Adam at final tribal and playing the military service/PTSD card for the jury. I wanted Chrissy to win. She was just amazing there at the end. She had a good final speech, too. One thing I think made a big difference with the jury is that the jury saw Ben play the idol and kind of participated in the moment, but most did not see Chrissy win immunity, they only saw her wearing the necklace. Even the ones who were at the immunity challenges were busy competing and not really watching. Women her age are always written off as of no competitive value in Survivor, more as tag along afterthoughts, so it was nice to see her triumph the way she did. She looked really good at the finale, too. I'm sorry she lost her job. She should work for my employer - we're always looking for good people!

Yes! going into the show I was Rooting for Devon, actually, but then Chrissy! Was!  Magnificent!  I could Tell Ben was going to win , but damn. She should have been able to control the vote at the end...that’s what the final tribal is. That was no advantage at all

• Love 3

So who voted for whom? Ok I like Lauren but not sure I want to see a season full of dumb dumbs who blew a HII. I was hoping to see less of those stupid HIIs and secret advantages.

Edited by dizzyd

Tried to post that Desi and Lauren would be shut out . . . and then Lauren gets called, albeit for Probst to rub her face into her blunder. Anybody feel like campaigning for return? Like I said weeks ago, she reeks of normalcy. That can be rare.

• Love 2

I’m not excited by the hints Probst is throwing out about next season. Why don’t they do a season with no idols, advantages or twists? I’d love to watch that. 

It was nice snarking with all of you, thank you for all the laughs, it made this season more bearable for me to watch! 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

Oh, and those that asked about Ben’s bandage, I read that he was covering a tattoo that either he, or the show, didn’t want shown on TV.  Maybe a nekkid lady? LOL. 

That sounds good...I'll run with that. I had thought it was a nicotine patch but my fellow viewer disagreed and thought it was a band aid. 

7 minutes ago, ChicksDigScars said:

"HANTZ"? #NoRegrets

Well, the palm trees making the eyeholes is a nice touch.

• Love 1
Just now, Wandering Snark said:

Sorry Bryce, but that just shows you didn't watch this season if you though Ben was the least of all evils.

I watched up until a few weeks ago. That was long enough for me to despise Ryan and especially Chrissy so much that I didn't  really care what Ben did.  They were all horrible.  The only bright side was that I got to see 2 of the 3 lose.

• Love 4
Just now, mojoween said:

I am so furious with this show right now and yet I was still at the edge of my seat getting excited for next season.

I have no idea why I keep doing this to myself but I can’t quit you, show!

Me neither.  If anything, I stick with it because I really enjoy chatting with everyone here.  My inner circle of Survior viewing buddies has dwindled considerably over the years for various reasons (mainly the reaction I get now is "that show's still on?!")  So I'm happy to come here to chat, whine, celebrate, reminisce and find out I'm not alone with some unpopular opinions.

• Love 6
1 minute ago, PaperTree said:

As one of our brilliant posters here (and I'm sorry I don't remember of have the skills to find out) observed:

Ben is getting the winners edit after the fireplace explosion. 

And TPTB made it happen.

I figured that would be in his winner montage. But I don't think things were rigged for him and him alone.

5 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

That clip of Michaela getting blindsided by Jay will never get old.

Agreed, but why would that move "haunt" Michaela? I get why Jay's fake idol haunts him (and I get why Erik giving up immunity, James' two idols and Eliza's f***ing stick would haunt their respective players) -- I don't get why Michaela being on the wrong side of the vote haunts her. Did she have the best reaction for someone on the wrong side of the vote? Yes. But still ...

I mean, the more they show that clip, the better, but I still don't get it.

• Love 4

Yul used his idol to get to F3, didn't he? I thought Ozzy won immunity, Yul had his idol, and they split the vote between Becky and Sundra for the worst fire making challenge in the history of the game. 

I'm happy for Ben. After he stayed up all night searching while everyone else slept, I wanted it for him. I'm totally on board for more fire challenges as well. 

Edited by Squirrely
Typo
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

Agreed, but why would that move "haunt" Michaela? I get why Jay's fake idol haunts him (and I get why Erik giving up immunity, James' two idols and Eliza's f***ing stick would haunt their respective players) -- I don't get why Michaela being on the wrong side of the vote haunts her. Did she have the best reaction for someone on the wrong side of the vote? Yes. But still ...

I mean, the more they show that clip, the better, but I still don't get it.

I don't really get fake idols.  It wasn't like having an idol and not playing it.  It was actually doing something smart to save yourself, only to find out the idol is no good.  

I also don't get why the move would haunt Michaela, unless it was meant to haunt Jay.  He admitted after the fact getting rid of Michaela and trusting Will was the worst move overall for his game.  

Edited by LadyChatts
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Lantern7 said:

I figured that would be in his winner montage. But I don't think things were rigged for him and him alone.

Oh no. The over abundance of puzzle challenges was for Chrissy. Poor pretty Devin never had a shot at those. Which is why I was rooting for him. He actually had to advance himself without production advantages. 

• Love 2