Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

What does the tweet say?

Matt takes a passive aggressive dig at people who are shocked that Supergirl wasn't a true crossover episode  by saying they must of missed the 2,307 articles about crossover week. 

Edited by LeighAn
  • Love 1

I don't know why it doesn't bother me.  I think it would if it was someone else, but it just feels like a natural part of Barry and Oliver's happy puppy/grumpy cat relationship. Lol. :)

ETA: it just occurred to me, but I think in a lot of ways Barry kind of feels like a younger brother to Oliver, in the way they act with each other.  So maybe that's why it doesn't bother me.  

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Starfish35 said:

I don't know why it doesn't bother me.  I think it would if it was someone else, but it just feels like a natural part of Barry and Oliver's happy puppy/grumpy cat relationship. Lol. :)

I would have gone with that before Barry fucked up the universe and he's not really a happy puppy anymore than Oliver these days.

• Love 1

Barry calling Oliver "Ollie" kind of bothers me because he's the only person who's met Oliver after the island who does, right? I don't particularly care one way or the other, but I feel like it just suddenly happened in last year's crossover and I was so confused, I thought I misheard him. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Starfish35 said:

Lol.  I love it. :) Poor Dig.  

You know, I actually don't mind "Ollie" from Barry.  I don't know why.  

I tell myself that Barry does it to needle Oliver.  He's still trying to get payback for getting show with Oliver's arrow.  

21 minutes ago, tarotx said:

I hated Ollie at first but Now I feel like Barry says to bug Oliver so I have my fanwank I can live with. 

Oops, or what Tarotx said.  :)

• Love 1

I love that scene. It's got everything. Felicity just calling Thea up, Oliver totally acting like Barry's annoyed big brother (why don't you get your own friends and leave me alone?), Dig's weak stomach and Felicity's loud voice! In light of all that I'm willing to turn a deaf ear in one moment.

• Love 4

I think only people that have known Oliver for a long could call him Ollie. It was a nickname and sometimes it's hard to break the habit of calling someone by their nickname or it just slips out if it's what you've been calling them for years.

I know some think Ollie is for past Oliver. For me Ollie is a nickname not a personality. Family and good friends use nicknames to show closeness. Barry should never call him Ollie because to be honest they are not that close of friends. I also wouldn't want to be friends with Barry since he'll just fuck up your entire life then just go "oops, my bad. I'm sorry" and want you to just get over it and worship him again. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Barry calling Oliver "Ollie" kind of bothers me because he's the only person who's met Oliver after the island who does, right? I don't particularly care one way or the other, but I feel like it just suddenly happened in last year's crossover and I was so confused, I thought I misheard him. 

This is exactly why it bothers me. No one who hasn't known him his whole life calls him anything but Oliver. It's obviously an intimate, family nickname. So why the hell does Barry just decide he can do it?

• Love 8

That scene is so cute and fun. Of course we have to not think too deeply about Thea suiting up because fighting the aliens is cool but not to save her brother and other things but I like Barry so much with team Arrow, it's the thing I like the most from the crossovers. I'd also love if Barry and Felicity had some scenes..they are one of my favorite friendships and they can't interact much for obvious reasons.

• Love 6

Sara: Are we just supposed to pretend that we don't hear him?

Hee.

ETA: I've really liked what they've done with Cisco and Barry's relationship in the wake of Flashpoint.

Edited by bethy
  • Love 5

That may be my favorite Sara line ever. Digg and Thea smirking is just the icing on the cake for that interaction. I love it. Oliver's team has his back there.

In regard to Barry calling Oliver "Ollie," it doesn't throw me off even though I feel like it should since he's the only post-island person to do it. On the other hand, I think Barry did it to intentionally bug him when he was whammied in the first crossover and I think he decided he liked it. But it really doesn't feel unnatural when he says it. 

• Love 5

Oliver doesn't know about Flashpoint, right? Because who in their right mind would think Barry's a good team lead? He's not even the team leader of his own team. 

Why wasn't Sara invited the team captain meeting? She's the only one that's been leading a team semi successfully for a few months now. I really hope team Legends only takes orders from their Captain. Even if it's them looking at Sara after Oliver gives orders and waiting for her to give approval. 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Why wasn't Sara invited the team captain meeting? She's the only one that's been leading a team semi successfully for a few months now. I really hope team Legends only takes orders from their Captain. Even if it's them looking at Sara after Oliver gives orders and waiting for her to give approval. 

Team Legends was the one who suggested nominating a leader, and none of them suggested her. Seems like if anyone would've, it would've been them.

• Love 4

I could believe Ray was going there with his "someone we all trust" since he knows the Arrow team would follow her as well, but only Cisco and Oliver make suggestions and Oliver does have a point in it being Barry who brought them together. Plus, the last time Barry screwed with time in Oliver's presence it was a good thing. But yeah, there all just following Oliver's lead in his suggestion of Barry...and I love how it's clearly Oliver shoving Barry out of the nest.

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, bettername2come said:

I could believe Ray was going there with his "someone we all trust" since he knows the Arrow team would follow her as well, but only Cisco and Oliver make suggestions and Oliver does have a point in it being Barry who brought them together. Plus, the last time Barry screwed with time in Oliver's presence it was a good thing. But yeah, there all just following Oliver's lead in his suggestion of Barry...and I love how it's clearly Oliver shoving Barry out of the nest.

I can see both Oliver and Sara not wanting to take lead (officially) when fighting aliens.  But I'm also confident that neither plan on being quiet if they disagree with anything Barry says.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sakura12 said:

Why wasn't Sara invited the team captain meeting?

Supergirl isn't really a captain here either.  She doesn't have any of her people.  She's more like Barry's muscle, lol.  

• Love 2

Sara said that she left the newbies to watch the Waverider. 

And ray build his new suit with the Dwarf Star alloy they got on their last mission. Gideon make suits for them. 

Even Oliver gets to be Barry's cheerleader when on his show. 

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1
Just now, apinknightmare said:

I think Sara mentioned that she was with Nate guarding the ship?

I guess that works, though it makes more sense to have your heavy hitters with you, at least Vixen who isn't a newbie to the business and could help out.

Caitlin sitting out didn't really make sense to me either, I know she is worried about going all evil but there are aliens invading your planet, this isn't the time to sit on the side lines.

4 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

Caitlin sitting out didn't really make sense to me either, I know she is worried about going all evil but there are aliens invading your planet, this isn't the time to sit on the side lines.

I don't really get why it wasn't all hands on deck - use everyone, even Wally. Gotta have dumb drama though, I guess.

• Love 3

The first half felt really rushed. It got better after the President was kidnapped. 

I really don't like the fact that Barry feels bad means everyone should just get over Barry screwing up everyone's lives. Although it was stupid forced drama to leave Barry and Oliver out of the mind control. 

I wonder how much fun CL and SA had fighting each other. 

I'm tired of Wally's whining. Maybe if I'd seen try to be a hero without powers I'd believe he had selfless reasons, but all he seems to want is to be called a hero. Which is not heroic. I'm not sure putting the two characters I find most annoying together is going to make that storyline enjoyable. 

• Love 1

The first half was a little too much exposition, the second half was a little better for me, but I wasn't particularly engaged throughout any of it (but that might be because I quit watching The Flash and no longer care about Barry's angst or whatever's going on with Wally, and I don't watch Legends so I don't really know what's going on with Stein). 

• Love 4
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

The first half was a little too much exposition, the second half was a little better for me, but I wasn't particularly engaged throughout any of it (but that might be because I quit watching The Flash and no longer care about Barry's angst or whatever's going on with Wally, and I don't watch Legends so I don't really know what's going on with Stein). 

I think it just played into Barry messing up the timeline. Now that Stein is back in present time he's catching up so now he's getting flashes of a daughter, which he didn't have in the original timeline.

5 minutes ago, Sakura12 said:

Stein's daughter was probably the result of when he talked to his younger self, not Barry's fault.

Oh, OK. That's interesting. I figured since it came right after the Barry message reveal that it was tied to Barry.

Although, that would definitely mean it plays into the LoT episode. Since the episode description mentioned something about Stein realizing something in the past brought the Dominators.

Stien told his younger self to spend more time with his wife. That probably resulted in him having a daughter. 

Having people be mad at Barry then having Barry get a pep talk about how great he is, is getting annoying. 

• Love 3

They are really pushing for the Iris midseason finale cliffhanger. In the past 2 episodes we had the "There would be no Flash without Iris West," shoutouts and this time they referenced the newspaper article from 2024 about The Flash’s disappearance. That was supposed to be written by Iris, but that is no longer the case.

• Love 1

I wonder if whatever happens to Iris pushes the team/Cisco to change from "Barry, we're upset that you changed things by going back in time" to "Barry, we need you to change things by going back in time" or at least forgive him or pull the whole, "I understand the position you were in" thing.

3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Looking forward to Barry running back in time again. Again. Again. Again? I don't remember how many times he's done it now.

But this time he has to, for reals this time, and I'm sure he'll feel bad about it. Possibly cry.

• Love 13

I haven't watched Arrow since 5.02, and haven't watched Flash since season one, but decided to turn in tonight and tomorrow.  I enjoyed tonight.  I thought the mind control special effects were laughably bad, but I liked Digg and Oliver's character moments.  Also, is there a channel like Olicity Queen but instead for Harrison Wells clips? 

• Love 1

Always love to see Lyla. Thea instantly deciding to come out of retirement made no sense. I enjoyed Dig and Sara. Forgot how much I missed Caitlin and Stein's friendship. THOROUGHLY enjoyed every molecule of shade thrown at Barry by everyone, although Oliver immediately reassuring him that of course nothing that happened could possibly be his fault ruined it a little. Can't have Barry feeling accountable for even a minute! 

3 hours ago, Sakura12 said:

I'm tired of Wally's whining. Maybe if I'd seen try to be a hero without powers I'd believe he had selfless reasons, but all he seems to want is to be called a hero. Which is not heroic. I'm not sure putting the two characters I find most annoying together is going to make that storyline enjoyable. 

I hadn't realized this, but you've put your finger on what's been bugging me about Wally, who I used to like. And it continues to be frustrating how they under/misutilize Iris: her only role here, besides giving baleful looks to everyone being mean to Barry, was to scold and overprotect Wally. I know it wasn't going to happen in *this* ep, but can't the girl get just one scene, ever, that's just about her? 

• Love 5