Type keyword(s) to search

Mind Your Surroundings: Arrow, The Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Other Superhero Universes

ArctisTor
  • Start Topic

I also got Diggle, Caitlin and Roy. I think it was picking nachos as a post-fighting snack.

You’re a combo of John, Caitlin, and Roy. You’re cunning, brave, and practical. You’re always there for your friends and often put their needs before your own. While you can sometimes be stubborn, you’re just someone who trusts your own instincts.

4 hours ago, Trini said:

I thought that Arrow managed to have a good tribute and move along the crossover story.

They kind of moved along the crossover story. But I voted the 100th as the worst episode of the season in the polls. It was nice to see Moira and Robert again but Diggle and Felicity got garbage in terms of the storytelling.  You can't highlight everyone who was on the show but I really believe that if there were no Diggle and Felicity on OTA, Arrow wouldn't have got a second and third season and there would be no Arrowverse on TV .

• Love 13

The problem with the 100th, for me, at least, was that it was a tribute to a show that never truly existed (and not even a particularly good one since they couldn't get Colin Donnell.) It was dedicated to celebrating what they had originally envisioned and not what the show had actually become. The Flash shouldn't have that problem although I do think falling during the crossover sucks from both sides.

• Love 20
(edited)

Here's Felicity, Cisco and Winn. It's funny because I am in IT. Although nowhere near those 3. Lol.

You got: Felicity Smoak, Cisco Ramon, and Winn Schott

You’re a combo of Felicity, Cisco, and Winn. You’re intelligent and funny, and you’re a big kid at heart. You’re someone who doesn’t take life too seriously, but you also know when its time to buckle down and get to work. You’re someone people turn to when they need a good laugh.

Edited by Sakura12
  • Love 1

So it was just confirmed that the ninth episodes of Arrow, Supergirl and Flash will be the crossover this year. 

That saves the Flash's 100th for the week before, but this means I guess that the crossover will be the Christmas episodes of the shows? Or possibly the Christmas episodes will be episode 8. The crossover has to be the second week of December (because going by when it premieres and the fact that Flash will not air on Election Day, episode 9 of the show will fall on December 11th).

I wonder if the adjustment is due to the episode cut.

Or with them using it as a backdoor pilot for Batwoman, they don't want to have to work in too many plot lines. Like The Flash's 100th, like LOT.

Where did they say that? Just trying to find the confirmation.

That's really weird and would put the crossover kind of significantly later than usual, and would the Batwoman/Arrow plot really be so big that they have to push out LoT and room for Flash's 100th? I mean, I dislike the random breaks on the plot for the shows like anyone, but it's weird to choose now to change it up.

49 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

So it was just confirmed that the ninth episodes of Arrow, Supergirl and Flash will be the crossover this year. 

That saves the Flash's 100th for the week before, but this means I guess that the crossover will be the Christmas episodes of the shows? Or possibly the Christmas episodes will be episode 8. The crossover has to be the second week of December (because going by when it premieres and the fact that Flash will not air on Election Day, episode 9 of the show will fall on December 11th).

Not sure how reliable that info is. And i am not sure if Flash fans will want this. Because there is no dount in my mind that the Flash 100th episode will feature the most important Arrow characters and probably some others from the Arrowverse 2 episode in a row. Would also mean no real cliffhanger to get people excited during hiatus. 

• Love 1
(edited)

This morning I picked up a copy of TV Guide's 2018 SDCC special issue. I don't visit the other Arrowverse shows' forums at PTV, so I don't know if the spoilers in this issue for Flash, LoT, Supergirl and Black Lightning have already been posted in their respective forums. If not, then reply in this thread and I'll try to post the "Burning Questions" sections for those shows here. Here's the magazine's blurb on Freedom Fighters: The Ray...
TVGuideSDCC_FreedomFightersRay.thumb.jpg.4f6b23810398703bc63c36c570e0b3fd.jpg

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1
(edited)

Batwoman hasn't even debuted and already there's some criticism..

Is the Arrowverse Jumping the Shark With Batwoman?
Kevin Carey  July 18, 2018
https://fanfest.com/2018/07/18/is-the-arrowverse-jumping-the-shark-with-batwoman/

Last year was not a good year for the Arrowverse. Outside of Black Lightning and Legends of Tomorrow (which I heard was stellar), it was kind of a down year for everyone’s favorite CW superheroes. The Flash focused too hard on being light and funny that it kind of lost track of what made the show great. The introduction of Elastic Man didn’t help either as he single-handedly became the worst part of the show. Ever. I mean that so, so, much. Arrow, on the other hand, followed one of its best seasons to date with a complete stinker. The ending of the season five finale had zero consequence and the story was more of the same. Oliver has trust issues and the team doesn’t trust Oliver, yada, yada, yada, infighting/we’re not a team do it yourself/cliffhanger. And this year that got old. Quickly.

Coming off subpar years it would seem that both The Flash and Arrow need to find a way to get back to basics. I understand that a show needs to grow and expand but there are ways to do that without sacrificing the narrative or your characters. With The Flash maybe we can cut back on all the campy humor and Elastic Man. With Arrow maybe we can stop making him Batman Light and give him a more centered story where the villain has a more personal stake. Saving the world every time just seems like it’s too big for Oliver. Oh, and for the love of God, can we maybe bring back the importance of secret identities?! Sweet Jesus man!
With the news of a new Batwoman series, I’m afraid that we might be losing our smaller area of the DCU. I think as comic book fans we want to see Batman show up at some point within this universe but we don’t want him to become this universe. As I mentioned before, Arrow has kind of turned into a Batman Light and has dealt with a number of his rogues. Solomon Grundy, Harley Quinn, and Ra’s al Ghul have all showed up on Arrow in some capacity, and while no self-respecting comic book fan would ever believe these villains belong to Oliver Queen, one can’t deny that their appearances have been kind of fun. It’s that promise that there is something bigger out there. That maybe we can see a shadow of the Cape and Cowl. Honestly, that would be enough for me to geek out pretty hard.

A Batwoman series makes it seem like it’s only a matter of time before Batman shows up, and I can’t tell if that’s a good thing. Supergirl was well and good on her own, but it took only a season of that show before Superman showed up. I suppose you can’t have a Supergirl show without Superman in some capacity, and that rings true for Batwoman too. How can you possibly have a Batwoman show without Batman? It just wouldn’t feel right? Batman is the catalyst. There is no Batwoman without Batman. Do you give her an origin story that’s similar to Bruce Wayne’s in order to make her the Bat-person of the Arrowverse? If you’re going to do that then why not just do a Batman show and get it over with? I feel like fans would revolt against that.
I’m not saying that I don’t want Batman on television, he’s my second favorite superhero, of course, I want to see him show up in some capacity. I guess, I just want that capacity to be a little more reigned in. Maybe it would be a little better if Batwoman didn’t operate out of Gotham. I don’t know. This isn’t to say that I’m not excited about this series either because I am. I’m just conflicted. The Arrowverse needs a pick me up, but I don’t think it’s necessary to call in the big guns. These shows have proven that they can stand on their own, maybe allow them to fix themselves instead of calling in some of the heavy hitters. Because when push comes to shove the arrival of Batman will serve as a rating boost but the characters who have lived and breathed this universe for the last seven years will be what keeps your viewers. Treat them right and you can have all the cameos you want.

Edited by tv echo
(edited)

Fall TV Spoiler-ama: Get The Best Scoop On All Your Favorite Shows
Areeba Abid   July 16, 2018
http://www.zimbio.com/Fall+TV+Spoiler-ama+Get+The+Best+Scoop+On+All+Your+Favorite+Shows/

16. 'Supergirl'
Winn Schott may be taking a break form present-day National City, but you haven't see the last of him. His emotional journey to the distant future is not a definitive goodbye, but he won't see him putting around the DEO every week . The Season 3 finale of Supergirl also closed the chapter on Mon-El and Kara's relationship by sending him back to the future. Executive producer Jessica Queller explained the reasoning behind this decision.

"They both have destinies in different times as heroes," stated Queller. "What they did was the sort-of Casablanca decision of putting what’s most important to them — which is saving the world — first. It’s a little bittersweet that one destiny is to be a hero in this time and one’s destiny is to run the Legion in another time, but I think they grew a lot from knowing one another. They have respect for one another, and they have a respect for the decisions they respectively made."

http://www.zimbio.com/Fall+TV+Spoiler-ama+Get+The+Best+Scoop+On+All+Your+Favorite+Shows/articles/K9Sk_CXnfq7/Supergirl

21. 'Arrow'
While Oliver's in Supermax, Team Arrow has to contend against an ambitious, anti-vigilante who has been recruited by the SCPD. But that's not all! The role of a male tech wiz with a heartbreaking past has been thrown into the mix for next season as well.

http://www.zimbio.com/Fall+TV+Spoiler-ama+Get+The+Best+Scoop+On+All+Your+Favorite+Shows/articles/tYaWhHXazTH/Arrow

26. 'The Flash'
In Season 4, we learned that Caitlin's alter-ego, Killer Frost, has been part of her identity since childhood. This reveal will seep into Season 5 which will thematically focus on family.

"With Caitlin, she had one understanding of where her powers came, and you’ve met her mother in the past seasons, you got a little glimpse of her father. But there’s gonna be a new dynamic with Caitlin and her family in season 5," showrunner Todd Helbing teased about what's to come on The Flash.

http://www.zimbio.com/Fall+TV+Spoiler-ama+Get+The+Best+Scoop+On+All+Your+Favorite+Shows/articles/10tKzNZD5IT/The+Flash

32. 'Legends of Tomorrow'
According to executive producer Phil Klemmer, there are a lot of things on his Season 4 wish list. "We’ve never actually figured out the world of the Time Bureau, so I want to actually take another swing at that," stated Klemmer in an interview with TVLine.

But what about Constantine? Will he live on Waverider or go solo? "I don’t know if I want to see John Constantine actually having to live on the ship, because he seems a little cooler than that," added Klemmer. "I like the idea that he’s a bit of a lone wolf, so we’ll have to figure out where exactly he’s going to live. Like, what would his room even look like? I think he’s a bit too cool for school [to live on the Waverider], in a good way."

http://www.zimbio.com/Fall+TV+Spoiler-ama+Get+The+Best+Scoop+On+All+Your+Favorite+Shows/articles/BiwzrZSitZ0/Legends+of+Tomorrow

36. 'Black Lightning'
Season 2 will showcase a new Big Bad: A sociopathic scientist named Dr. Jace who will put Black Lightning through the ringer. Anissa will get a new love interest, meaning #ThunderGrace has been put on the back burner for now. Oh, and you can also count on Garfield High scoring a new principle.

http://www.zimbio.com/Fall+TV+Spoiler-ama+Get+The+Best+Scoop+On+All+Your+Favorite+Shows/articles/pk4NVlOG5yR/Black+Lightning

Edited by tv echo
2 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

Not sure how reliable that info is. And i am not sure if Flash fans will want this. Because there is no dount in my mind that the Flash 100th episode will feature the most important Arrow characters and probably some others from the Arrowverse 2 episode in a row. Would also mean no real cliffhanger to get people excited during hiatus. 

What makes you think that? I can see maybe Felicity and Oliver making some sort of appearance but nobody else.

20 minutes ago, wingster55 said:

What makes you think that? I can see maybe Felicity and Oliver making some sort of appearance but nobody else.

Well i did say important characters that contributed to the Flash. From Arrow i see the trio of Stephen, Emily and David since these characters introduce the Flash in the two parter. But that would mead 2 episodes back to back of these Arrow characters showing up on Flash episodes. Then i am sure Wentworth Miller will come back for the milestone and also the guy who played Barry allens dad. Maybe also Victor Garber.

2 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well i did say important characters that contributed to the Flash. From Arrow i see the trio of Stephen, Emily and David since these characters introduce the Flash in the two parter. But that would mead 2 episodes back to back of these Arrow characters showing up on Flash episodes. Then i am sure Wentworth Miller will come back for the milestone and also the guy who played Barry allens dad. Maybe also Victor Garber.

I'd predict that none of them will show up. If Arrow's 100th wasn't part of the crossover then neither Kara nor Barry would have been in the episode. Sara and Ray were more important to Arrow so I would think they'd still be there. 

For Flash my prediction is that the guests would be Rick, Robbie, Wentworth, Keiynan and Violett. No more, maybe less. 

• Love 1

I think the Flash 100th is more likely to include a good old shit-talking about the characters on Arrow than actually weaving them into a 100th story if it isn't part of the crossover. Unless they invite Oliver over specifically to make jokes about him going to prison or talk about what a terrible person he is compared to Barry. 

• Love 12
6 hours ago, ruby24 said:

So here's the source for that; and I think it's sketchy, and not confirmed since it isn't from the network or producers, etc..

I doubt that they moving the crossover to the ninth episodes, because as mentioned above, then they lose the mid-season finale cliffhanger. Unless the crossover story serves as the cliffhanger for all the shows, which is not likely. Also, if they move it, wouldn't it be outside of the fall sweeps dates?

3 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I think the Flash 100th is more likely to include a good old shit-talking about the characters on Arrow than actually weaving them into a 100th story if it isn't part of the crossover. Unless they invite Oliver over specifically to make jokes about him going to prison or talk about what a terrible person he is compared to Barry. 

I’m sure they’ll manage to include a snide comment about the double wedding too.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

I doubt that they moving the crossover to the ninth episodes, because as mentioned above, then they lose the mid-season finale cliffhanger. Unless the crossover story serves as the cliffhanger for all the shows, which is not likely. Also, if they move it, wouldn't it be outside of the fall sweeps dates?

Agreed. I can't see the xover moved to midseason. It would make sense if it took place episode 7 or after the holiday break, but midseason is where they need to hook us before hiatus. We'll probably know for sure this weekend when the xover takes place. Also, that article took info from tvline and ew, but gave no source for their xover info, so grain of salt.

So Starfire looks better than that first pic, but I wish her costume was more functional. I know she's half naked in comics but would it have killed them to give her some pants? Robin looked good in that promo shot but the other two just look like regular teens.

She looks slightly better but I like how when the first pic was released they were all like "this isnt her look, this isnt her look, dont judge us yet" and yet its her look. Why is Robin the only one with a legit costume?

DagTW3QWkAAuW9d.jpg:large

Wow they gave her a tigher and shorter dress. Disappointing.

21 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

So Starfire looks better than that first pic, but I wish her costume was more functional. I know she's half naked in comics but would it have killed them to give her some pants? Robin looked good in that promo shot but the other two just look like regular teens.

I think that's the point, though? For Raven especially, according to the show synopsis. With Starfire, it seems they started almost completely from scratch - understandable, with how she looks in the comics. I hope that's not her crimefighting costume, though.

• Love 1

@Trini I'm not too familiar with the show tbh. I just figured that since SDCC tends to display official suits, those two looked odd. I hope Starfire gets an upgrade or something different to fight in. The only reason I'm even interested is because of her/Anna Diop lol.

(edited)

You can now watch the S2 premiere of Freedom Fighters: The Ray on The CW Seed (it debuted during last night's SDCC preview night)...

Part Two: Earth-X
S2: E1   (32 min)
http://www.cwseed.com/shows/freedom-fighters-the-ray/part-two-earth-x/?play=f052f750-ac2e-43db-aa82-061fdbb34c7c

Animated guest stars: Barry/The Flash, Oliver/Green Arrow, Cisco/Vibe, Curtis/Mr. Terrific, Mari/Vixen, Kara-X/Overgirl, and Oliver-X/Black Arrow.

Guest voices: Melissa Benoist, Megalyn Echikunwoke, Echo Kellum, Danielle Panabaker, and Carlos Valdes. (Stephen Amell and Grant Gustin did not voice their characters in this episode.)

What happened:

Spoiler

Cisco and Curtis kidnap recruit Ray on Earth-1. Ray, Oliver, Barry, Cisco and Curtis help Vixen fight a giant robot in Detroit. Ha, ha - Oliver offers to train Ray, and Ray is overjoyed (nothing happens with that). Overgirl briefly visits Ray on Earth-1 and steals the Cortex. Ray asks Cisco to vibe him to Earth-X. Ray and Cisco go to Earth-X and meet up with the Resistance fighters. He tells them that their Ray (Ray-X) is dead and joins them in fighting Overgirl, Black Arrow, and the Nazis Reichsmen. The Ray beats Overgirl in a one-on-one fight. Cisco returns to Earth-1, but Ray decides to stay on Earth-X. The episode ends with the Resistance finding the location of "the Chancellor," who's the leader of the Reich.

Edited by tv echo
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

Supernatural. 

The Titans trailer is whoa. Super dark and violent. Robin seems more Nightwing. 

Agreed.  

But I'm a bit more optimistic about the show now that I've seen the trailer.   I do wonder if the season will end with Dick adopting his Nightwing persona now though. 

(edited)

In DC Universe's First Titans Trailer, Robin Has Harsh Words for Batman!

In conjunction with debuting the trailer on Thursday morning to open the San Diego Comic-Con, DC Universe also detailed the pricing plan for the digital subscription service, which thus far has three live-action series (including the Titans offshoot Doom Patrol plus Swamp Thing) in queue, as well as the animated originals Young Justice: Outsiders and Harley Quinn. DC Universe will also feature library content such as Batman Beyond, the animated Justice League series and Batman: The Brave and the Bold, other classic TV shows, movies, a curated rotation of comic books, breaking news, an expansive DC encyclopedia and access to exclusive merchandise.

(TVLine had an opportunity to “test drive” DC Universe on Wednesday evening, and the UI is incredibly slick. Whether viewing it on a tablet or big ol’ HD TV, comic books have never been more gorgeous.)

Those in the United States can pre-order the service via DCUniverse.com for a yearly membership fee of $74.99 (plus tax, if applicable) — which works out to $6.25 a month. Or, at launch time, monthly memberships will be available for $7.99.

Yeah, I don’t think so.  The only thing I’m interested in there is Young Justice, and I’m not paying that much for another streaming service that only has one show I’m interested in.

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I feel like using Beebo to promote LoT is both funny but a little embarrassing for the cast since their faces aren't even getting out there. Are they even part of the big poster with SG/GA/TF?

Yeah, I think it's hilarious. They can squeeze CL in those posters to keep up the whole 2 men, 2 women thing but honestly? Beebo is really the only one who's gotten any kind of substantial buzz from LOT, if you think about it. The breakout star is a blue toy, LMAO!

Edited by SmallScreenDiva
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Primal Slayer said:

I feel like using Beebo to promote LoT is both funny but a little embarrassing for the cast since their faces aren't even getting out there. Are they even part of the big poster with SG/GA/TF?

I saw a photo that showed the whole poster and there were no Legends. Now maybe they have their own poster since they're an ensemble with a big cast, but it does seem like Beebo is their face this sdcc. I won't lie, between that and the fact they may not be included in the xover, I wonder if LOT is most likely to be out for Batwoman to come in (if they're planning to end a show for her). It should be Arrow. As much as I love Felicity & Digg, it's gone on long enough, and I loved for those two to be able to pursue other projects. But I have a feeling Arrow may get a season 8 (hopefully it won't go beyond that, as the show is already stale). I guess we'll know if they don't announce a final season for Arrow this weekend, still waiting on that big SA announcement.

I just saw the Titans trailer.  I feels like much of the same tbh, I'm here for Starfire tho. I wish there was more of her in the trailer. I won't be paying DC for a streaming service, but I will still check out the first few eps. ?

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2

Using Beebo on the LoT advertising makes sense. For all of them you usually just have either a masked hero/heroes in typical superhero pose, or an ensemble in typical superhero poster pose. Flash, Arrow and Supergirl don't have anything eye-catching or new to make people curious. It's all been done before. You put a giant blue stuffed animal on a poster, and people who don't know Beebo are much more likely to go looking to see who he is. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think Beebo as the face of LOT is hilarious and makes sense considering that was most of the talk of last season. They noticed it was popular and ran with it. The cast will still get to shine at SDCC. 

As for the Titans trailer, it looked fan made but not in a good way, IMO. IDK. Anyone else feel like all these DC shows are oversaturated at this point? 

Edited by Guest

I think all superhero shows are oversaturated tbh. Even netflix Marvel shows have all let me down with their second season, I'm hoping Punisher breaks that mold because it's my fave.  

• Love 1
(edited)
19 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

I'm not caught up on Luke Cage but I did like Jessica Jones better than the first season. I can't wait for Punisher! There are some set photos circulating on Twitter already.

LC season 2 had some great moments sprinkled throughout,but I found it mostly frustrating esp the finale. That said, it’s  worth the watch for Misty’s story. Now I’m bias because she is easily my fave Netflix marvel verse character, but she had good material. Hell, I plan to sit thru Iron Fist season 2 for her lol. JJ season 2 was super frustrating. JJ had good moments and I’m happy with her development, but the show ruined a couple characters I loved.

Edited by JJ928
  • Love 2

In the past, the LOT banner and bag showed the Waverider so at least Beebo is interesting different. And I do like the group poster that included Sara&Ray. 

• Love 3

With the Titans trailer, I'm not here for more dark and moody and I'm definitely not paying for it. 

Yeah it's usually just the Waverider. At least Beebo is more of an attention grabber. People might be curious to see what the giant furby creature is about. 

Its still only Ray and Sara that make it on every poster.