Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

I read JP's 'manifesto' on twitter.  I think many of us are struggling with how to change and be better people going forward.  Memorial Day changed America, no doubt.  I'm thankful my children are grown and I don't have to have that difficult conversation with them. I'm even more thankful that they are amazing, tolerant, caring adults who (from what I see), managed to grow to adulthood without racial bias despite that never being a lesson we expressly talked about at home.  Maybe we should have, though.  I wish JP had offered real concrete examples of what he/we can do to change tide because I, for one, am struggling to figure that out in my own life.  He has the power, the voice of celebrity to do real good in that area, I hope to see how he uses it.

• Love 2

I can’t imagine how difficult it is having to explain the current state of the world and what led us to this point to your children. As an African American woman I’m grateful and blessed to not have been in the situations that have led to so many senseless deaths. I’m also relieved that I don’t have any children that I have to give a life or death talk to. I have friends who have had to and it was heart wrenching for them.

• Love 7

If one sport could be played it would be baseball.  Given the player positions and the size of the field its the definition of physical distancing  (with the exception of the batter and the catcher). 

I'm sure the training camps had their players isolate and get tested.  Since its just training camps and not actual games they were only interacting with their team mates, but still had outbreaks. 

Even if they can completely lock down the sets its not a matter of whether they can but rules set out by Vancouver.  No close contact unless necessary, no fight scenes, no love scenes, and if they have to be closer than 6 feet, dialogue must be limited.

Vancouver has started filming local productions.  I saw the signs for filming posted on twitter.  Not sure when International filming restarts.   

• Love 2
16 hours ago, trudysmom said:

I read JP's 'manifesto' on twitter.  I think many of us are struggling with how to change and be better people going forward.  Memorial Day changed America, no doubt. 

I believe that Jared is totally sincere in this matter, as is his wife and I too have, like many, been struggling on how to go forward. So far I have joined a local “Stand up to Racism Group”, I've watched the film 13th and loads of videos from people of colour and how racism has effected them, I have donated small amounts to some of the recommended groups and I have bought a couple of tea shirts denoting my feelings - “TOGETHERWERISE”. I have a transgender son so I found this the most appropriate slogan for me. What I have not done is "stand up" to some of my facebook “friends” when they have posted stuff that I find offensive or mainly just ignorant i.e. a petition BHM – British History Matters. These are not actual friends as I could never be friends with a racist - unlike someone who does not share my political beliefs, I can still be friends with them! As far as it goes I am white, sort of middle class but with rather left leaning politics. When I lived in London which I did for the first 40 years of my life friends who were black would talk about how often they were stopped and searched etc I listened and sympathised but I didn't really understand how it must be for that to be your constant in life. So like many including Jared etc I am trying to go on an awareness journey.

A totally irrelevant comment on his post, I am not sure why he referenced the train incident friend i.e. Richard as the one he was talking to, it seems as if he wanted to make sure people didn't think it was Jensen or Misha – just seemed an uneccessary point.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Icarus said:

A totally irrelevant comment on his post, I am not sure why he referenced the train incident friend i.e. Richard as the one he was talking to, it seems as if he wanted to make sure people didn't think it was Jensen or Misha – just seemed an uneccessary point.

I think he was just trying to lighten the moment. 

53 minutes ago, Icarus said:

It seemed like a throwaway comment to me. Or maybe he wanted to make it clear that it wasn't Jensen or Misha in case either of them would like to make a statement of their own at some point about the topic.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, slaterain said:

That 2:27 image definitely looks edited in... 

Huh? All the images are edited in. Do you mean the image itself is manipulated? I'm not sure if it is or isn't, but what difference does that make?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I originally thought it might be a fan who inserted that image as a joke. I think that's what the poster meant. 

That would be in even more poor taste and judgement than the agency doing it. Good grief.

2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

There were some nice things in there. Overall it was way too long and I didn't really get the point of it. 

While I absolutely believe his intentions are good, to me, it reads like most things Jared does: all about Jared.

LOL, my first thought was that somebody got a thesaurus for Father's Day. 😄

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
17 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

While I absolutely believe his intentions are good, to me, it reads like most things Jared does: all about Jared.

Why would he write about how other people feel/should act?  I thought it was entirely appropriate for him to discuss how he sees his past behavior and what he hopes to do differently going forward.  Nor did the length bother me.  He's a thoughtful writer, and some topics deserve more than three line sound bites.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Wynne88 said:

Why would he write about how other people feel/should act?  I thought it was entirely appropriate for him to discuss how he sees his past behavior and what he hopes to do differently going forward.  Nor did the length bother me.  He's a thoughtful writer, and some topics deserve more than three line sound bites.

As I said, I believe his intentions are good and his heart in the right place. But it does read about how it affects him, not how it affects the people being discriminated against, hurt and killed (thus, #blacklivesmatter). Most of the criticism I read from Black people centers around this. It's perception, that's all. I sincerely don't mean it as a diss against Jared.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
(edited)
On 6/20/2020 at 10:42 PM, Casseiopeia said:

Maybe but it was one actor on Roswell that shut down all production in VC.  Canada may have different protocols than the U.S.  It can take up to 2 weeks for anyone to test positive once exposed.  The White House tested everyone on a daily basis and still the personal aid to the First Lady, Trumps personal butler, 6 Secret Service and several others became infected. 24,000 people are testing positive every day  and over 1000 people are still dying every day in the U.S. I just can't see how they are going to go back to filming in 4-6 weeks unless there is a dramatic down turn in the numbers we are seeing.

Well end of July back to film then for SPN and the boys!--so not that long after all. They are going to test everyone and have 14 day isolation...once everyone passes keep them isolated.  Then they can do whatever they usually do--there is NO 6 feet rule for filming...they can have fights and can hug.  GUARANTEED the last 2 episodes will look no different than any normal episode--WE WILL see fights and Team Free Will hugs.   So yes they emphasize keep as much distance as possible but do not prohibit close scenes.

Good news the boys will be back to work soon to finish what they started.

Edited by Jakes
1 hour ago, Jakes said:

Well end of July back to film then for SPN and the boys!--so not that long after all. They are going to test everyone and have 14 day isolation...once everyone passes keep them isolated.  Then they can do whatever they usually do--there is NO 6 feet rule for filming...they can have fights and can hug.  GUARANTEED the last 2 episodes will look no different than any normal episode--WE WILL see fights and Team Free Will hugs.   So yes they emphasize keep as much distance as possible but do not prohibit close scenes.

Good news the boys will be back to work soon to finish what they started.

Yes there was a lot of media coverage yesterday about VC opening up to resume filming.  Very good news.

5 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I answered honestly and got Sam. Clearly, I am never answering honestly again. 😛

PS.. it was very easy to manipulate to get Dean. 🙂

I answered honestly and got Dean!!!! I thought I'd get Cas again, but now I have both Dean and Cas with my games. 🙂

3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

As I said, I believe his intentions are good and his heart in the right place. But it does read about how it affects him, not how it affects the people being discriminated against, hurt and killed (thus, #blacklivesmatter). Most of the criticism I read from Black people centers around this. It's perception, that's all. 

I agree with your perception.

• Love 3

Sigh, it honestly has been so nice to be on a long hiatus while at the same time it all could have been over already. I just have no desire to see any of the remaining episodes, let alone Badd`s likely GOT-like debacle. Likely just won`t. 

For BC and Vancouver economy it is probably imperative TV production in general starts sooner rather than later. So from that angle, good for the crews and people on the ground.

(edited)
15 hours ago, DeeDee79 said:

As I said, I believe his intentions are good and his heart in the right place. But it does read about how it affects him,

I don’t really care what any individual Hollywood person has to say about this. But this seems a little shortsighted. 

Isn’t that the point of social movements? To get people to understand how an injustice against a group that you don’t belong to affects you. To get buy-in. You’re not going to succeed without it. 

That’s not all it takes, of course, but it is a critical component of any future success for racial equality. 

I want white people to recognize how police brutality affects them, too, so I’ll take it. I’m not picky. 

Edited by Bessie
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, Bessie said:

I don’t really care what any individual Hollywood person has to say about this. But this seems a little shortsighted. 

Isn’t that the point of social movements? To get people to understand how an injustice against a group that you don’t belong to affects you. To get buy-in. You’re not going to succeed without it. 

That’s not all it takes, of course, but it is a critical component of any future success for racial equality. 

I want white people to recognize how police brutality affects them, too, so I’ll take it. I’m not picky. 

I'm not the person that made the post that you quoted but for some reason my name is on there. Please direct your comment towards the right person.

These guidelines seem pretty vague and leaves much of it up to production companies.  They are urging everyone to go to VC to start the quarantine as soon as possible but the border is still closed.  Also Texas is seeing one of the worst surges in COVID-19 infections in the world right now.  This all seems so rushed.

https://deadline.com/2020/06/the-flash-hollywood-north-coronavirus-vancouver-production-safety-guidelines-riverdale-good-doctor-quarantine-1202969995/

• Love 2

I agree. I'm really not a fan of this. It seems like it's putting mostly crew members at risk. From the few movie/TV sets I have seen over the years, some of these "recommendations" are a joke. Not sharing equipment? I have seen cameras being carried, touched, leaned on, mounted, and moved by various people. They are heavy! How is this going to be safe! And that's just one thing.

Doing makeup and hair? While the make-up artist may wear a mask, how will an actor? So, the make-up artist can protect the actor by wearing a mask but is mostly exposed to the actor while doing their face. It all feels very shortsighted.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
On 6/24/2020 at 6:00 PM, Aeryn13 said:

Sigh, it honestly has been so nice to be on a long hiatus while at the same time it all could have been over already. I just have no desire to see any of the remaining episodes, let alone Badd`s likely GOT-like debacle. Likely just won`t. 

For BC and Vancouver economy it is probably imperative TV production in general starts sooner rather than later. So from that angle, good for the crews and people on the ground.

I've  kind of been weaning myself from the show during the pandemic tbh; and I'm in agreement with the thought that it could, thankfully, all be over and done with by now, if not for that. And maybe we'd even know what's coming up next for Jensen-which is what I keep looking for, more than anything else right now, as far as the entertainment world is concerned. 🤷‍♀️

• Love 5
On 6/22/2020 at 5:18 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

Huh? All the images are edited in. Do you mean the image itself is manipulated? I'm not sure if it is or isn't, but what difference does that make?

On 6/23/2020 at 5:19 PM, Bobcatkitten said:

I originally thought it might be a fan who inserted that image as a joke. I think that's what the poster meant. 

On 6/23/2020 at 8:20 PM, gonzosgirrl said:

That would be in even more poor taste and judgement than the agency doing it. Good grief.

Yes - that is what I meant - I should have used the word manipulated in or edited in later. It seemed to me that the boys were edited in since all the other images were clear and crisp yet that one was extremely pixelated - a small image made bigger. I could be wrong but usually when you are making a marketing piece/commercial, you make sure to use images that will be high quality enough to look good. It is the only image like that in the whole video. 

And I completely agree - if it was manipulated in, it isn't a very funny joke.  

• Love 2
(edited)
On 6/25/2020 at 1:06 PM, Morrigan2575 said:

Didn't see this posted.

Fantastic can't wait to see the final seven episodes and how they finish up an epic 15 years...see little problem with them getting back to work soon--they'll test everyone up and then they be free to give it all for 2 more episodes.  And i'm sure they'll limit the filming crew to the minimum--they are pros, they'll do this well.  So with this starting date, SPN  filming would have been delayed a little over 4 months.  Plenty of time for what Jensen said--to rest up and then go all out for episodes 19 and 20.

Edited by Jakes
  • Love 1