Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

O.M.F.G.

OMFG he's killing us!!!!!! DC hired who for Batman?!?!? Missed opportunity!

Will someone for the love of god hire this man for a cape job, because he was born to be a superhero!!!!

• Love 8
22 hours ago, goyour-own-way said:

I’m pretty livid really. It may be the right choice but only because he made the wrong choice in the first place. And now I’m consoling my sister who dropped $2,000 on this weekend just for a chance to meet him and thank him for being so important in her life these past 15 years. 

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how important these conventions are and how people save to see their favorite star; perhaps get a photo or autograph. I'm fairly sure that Jared is embarrassed and his lawyers told him not to say anything about the incident. But unfortunately, your sister is paying the price for his poor judgment. Please tell her that I'm sorry that this happened to her. So unfair. 😞

• Love 7
33 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

https://comicbook.com/dc/2019/01/04/batman-the-long-halloween-animated-movie-reportedly-in-works/

Could this have been Jensen announcing him possibly having a role in that? Could he be doing the voice of Batman???

I'm sorry - I love his voice (natural and Dean), but I want to SEE HIM in something, not watch an animated movie. I know it would only be one project, but I worry because his dad is a voice actor, and I don't want Jensen to follow suit.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, FlickChick said:

I'm sorry - I love his voice (natural and Dean), but I want to SEE HIM in something, not watch an animated movie. I know it would only be one project, but I worry because his dad is a voice actor, and I don't want Jensen to follow suit.

Oh I'm right there with you. I just think the timing is interesting and "The Long Halloween" is a pretty random yet specific mention.  Maybe it's a step in the right direction though (meaning live action Batman)?

• Love 4
16 hours ago, FlickChick said:

FWIW, Under the Red Hood, in which Jensen voices Jason Todd (the Red Hood) is one of the best Batman movies, IMO. I put it up with The Dark Knight trilogy, no joke. So, if The Long Halloween is as good as that, it will be okay.

That said, I wonder if the Arrowverse will bring Batman into Crisis on Infinite Earths and could he be teasing that or flat out telling the CW he wants it. LOL.

• Love 3
46 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

FWIW, Under the Red Hood, in which Jensen voices Jason Todd (the Red Hood) is one of the best Batman movies, IMO. I put it up with The Dark Knight trilogy, no joke. So, if The Long Halloween is as good as that, it will be okay.

That said, I wonder if the Arrowverse will bring Batman into Crisis on Infinite Earths and could he be teasing that or flat out telling the CW he wants it. LOL.

I don't think he wants to do a 20ish episode network show ever again. The CW would undoubtedly jump at the chance but I don't think they legally could do a Batman show right now because of the movie rights. Supes only just got freed up.

47 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

Could they bring the Batman character into the current Batwoman as a guest star?  Asking cos I don’t know the context of that show.

If she's in the same universe as their other DC shows, they already have a Batman.  I believe Iain Glen plays him.

50 minutes ago, ukgirl71 said:

Could they bring the Batman character into the current Batwoman as a guest star?  Asking cos I don’t know the context of that show.

Writing-wise, yes, legally I'm pretty sure that's a giant no. The only reason they made Supergirl and Batwoman in the first place is because basically their movie division told the TV division to eff themselves and they couldn't use their heavyhitters for TV.

edit: Ian Glen is Batman in Titans. Different universe.

In theory, they can have a gazllion Batmans because they have the multiverse. At least till Crisis.

Edited by Aeryn13
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

Writing-wise, yes, legally I'm pretty sure that's a giant no. The only reason they made Supergirl and Batwoman in the first place is because basically their movie division told the TV division to eff themselves and they couldn't use their heavyhitters for TV.

edit: Ian Glen is Batman in Titans. Different universe.

In theory, they can have a gazllion Batmans because they have the multiverse. At least till Crisis.

Thanks!  I can't keep them straight!

• Love 1
On 10/31/2019 at 6:00 PM, FlickChick said:

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know how important these conventions are and how people save to see their favorite star; perhaps get a photo or autograph. I'm fairly sure that Jared is embarrassed and his lawyers told him not to say anything about the incident. But unfortunately, your sister is paying the price for his poor judgment. Please tell her that I'm sorry that this happened to her. So unfair. 😞

Thank you ❤️ We are here and going to have a good time regardless of the change of plans! 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, Bobcatkitten said:

I'm terrible I guess but I want to see Jensen in a completely new genre - wowing people and growing as an actor. 

48 minutes ago, DeeDee79 said:

I completely agree. 

I would love to see Jensen in a truly different role. A romantic comedy, or a complicated villain - something to let him stretch his wings. But damn, he really seems to want a superhero role and I just dont have it in me to root against that. 

5 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Where is that Jensen Ackles Poland twitter getting these? I went to Family Business and Danneel's instagram and don't see them.  

Danneel's Insta story.

https://instagram.com/stories/danneelackles512/2167663186667502052?utm_source=ig_story_item_share&igshid=14ep3smmqynrk

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

But damn, he really seems to want a superhero role and I just dont have it in me to root against that. 

Which makes me wonder what could have been if he had taken the Hawkeye role or had gotten Captain America over Chris Evans. 🤔

Yeah, I have to say the Batman pics just aren't doing it for me.  I don't want him to play a cartoon character.  I get that superhero movies are huge right now, though I don't understand why, so I'm sure that's why he'd love to be a part of one.  I just wish they weren't so popular and that Hollywood actually made some other types of movies.  

I'll keep hoping for some Amazon, Netflix or HBO limited series to be offered to him.  I might have a long wait...

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, tessathereaper said:

Where is that Jensen Ackles Poland twitter getting these? I went to Family Business and Danneel's instagram and don't see them.  

already posted

Edited by Casseiopeia
  • Love 1
21 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I get that superhero movies are huge right now, though I don't understand why, so I'm sure that's why he'd love to be a part of one. 

I can see this, especially if those aren't your thing.

I like the recent superhero movies quite a bit, but not because they are superhero movies. For me - as with most fiction - it's all about the characters, and for me recent superhero movies seem to have more complicated and interesting characters than they used to.

• Love 5
26 minutes ago, MysteryGuest said:

I'll keep hoping for some Amazon, Netflix or HBO limited series to be offered to him.  I might have a long wait...

This would be my preference,  too. A great limited episode series (10-12), with opportunities for movies between seasons,

• Love 9
11 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

This would be my preference,  too. A great limited episode series (10-12), with opportunities for movies between seasons,

Selfishly, I'd love another genre project or something historical because that's where my interests lie. Which is why I wouldn't mind a comic book property at all, you can do great things with them nowadays.

• Love 5

I'd rather have Jensen do something that might appeal to the over-40s crowd, just because there's more longevity there.  Someone might play superheroes through their 40s, but after that, if they're typecast in that genre, it's a straight slide to father-of-the-superhero, or older mentor.  Not necessarily bad, but not really the focus.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

Not for nothing, my favourite movie actor is Kevin Costner, and while he has graduated to the odd 'dad' role, he made a good portion of his best film and television roles post-40. I would die to see Jensen in any single one of them. I'm thinking right now of Hatfields & The McCoys or Yellowstone. Jensen's still too young for either of those, but it does bode well for his future, especially since he is aging so magnificently.

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 4
4 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not for nothing, my favourite movie actor is Kevin Costner, and while he has graduated to the odd 'dad' role, he made a good portion of his best film and television roles post-40. I would die to see Jensen in any single one of them. I'm thinking right now of Hatfields & The McCoys or Yellowstone. Jensen's still too young for either of those, but it does bode well for his future, especially since he is aging so magnificently.

That's what I mean.  If you have range and opportunities, post-40 can get you some of the best/most challenging roles.  If you're trying to stick with teen-appeal TV/movies, you're going to be aged out of the good roles, because their focus is on those who appeal to younger audiences.  

Westerns traditionally like "seasoned" actors, and the younger ones (aside from Young Guns) tend to be the wet-behind-the-ears kid trying to learn from the elders.  There are a lot of good roles for post-40s, but only if they're willing and able (as in, not typecast) to try new things.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Not for nothing, my favourite movie actor is Kevin Costner,

He's one of my favorites too, and man, has he aged well!!! Just like Jensen will in his coming years. I think Jensen's talent is right up there with the best actors like Kevin.  Loving Yellowstone and hope it continues and then ends well.

• Love 3

Great 4 page review article in the “Pilot” magazine that accompanies the uk’s “empire” movie magazine.  I can’t find it online, but I’ll share the last lines, because it sums up what a lot of us feel:

”There’s something wonky and homemade and strange about Supernatural, something unrepeatable.  It’s an underdog story twice over: the overlooked little show that somehow outlived almost every other drama on tv, and the two human heroes who faced off heaven, hell and everything in between.  ‘Saving people, hunting things.  The family business,” as Dean describes it, gave us something no other show could.  I’m going to miss it - but at least I didn’t miss out on it.”

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

There are a few spoilers in Jensens panel

"There's a lotta love here! Can we do solo panels more often?"

"I'm kidding. We all miss my big, dumb friend."

"When he showed up on set on Wednesday, I brought him in in handcuffs. We're having fun with it."

I love him. LOL!

Edited by gonzosgirrl
  • Love 5
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

"When he showed up on set on Wednesday, I brought him in in handcuffs. We're having fun with it."

Well, at least they’re taking Jared’s drunken assault of a couple of employees seriously. 

• Love 2
Just now, bethy said:

Well, at least they’re taking Jared’s drunken assault of a couple of employees seriously. 

I don't know - how is he supposed to handle it in this situation? I'm 100% sure there was more to his return, but that's not for Jensen to tell a room full of con goers. He's doing the best he can.

He also said the crew wanted to all dress in orange jumpsuits, but they didn't have time. Heh.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Casseiopeia said:

That is a great answer, and very reassuring.

RE the panel in general: Not gonna lie. What a treat this gold panel was. I am absolutely sorry that Jared had to miss it, especially for the fans who were counting on seeing him, but this Jensen fan is loving him answering questions in his own time and getting some love from the fans. Yes, Jensen, you are beautiful!!

• Love 17
7 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I don't know - how is he supposed to handle it in this situation? I'm 100% sure there was more to his return, but that's not for Jensen to tell a room full of con goers. He's doing the best he can.

He also said the crew wanted to all dress in orange jumpsuits, but they didn't have time. Heh.

For me, he could have left it at, “We all miss my big dumb friend.” 

• Love 4
7 minutes ago, bethy said:

For me, he could have left it at, “We all miss my big dumb friend.” 

I think he wanted fans to know that whilst it is serious, they are using humor to cope.  I don't think it means it isn't a serious matter.

• Love 9
9 minutes ago, catrox14 said:

I think he wanted fans to know that whilst it is serious, they are using humor to cope.  I don't think it means it isn't a serious matter.

I get that they’re using humor to cope. But for me, the “We’re having fun with it” makes it seem like they’re not taking it seriously. 

• Love 3

For me, this was the most enjoyable con panel in a long time. Fans were asking intelligent, show- or Jensen-related questions and Jensen was giving thoughtful, detailed answers with no interruptions.

Which isn’t to say I don’t like J2 (or Jensen and Misha) having a little silly fun on stage, but when it comes down to it, what I care about the most, what I want to hear about the most, is the show, the characters, the creative process behind it. And this panel delivered on that pretty well.

• Love 16
On 11/2/2019 at 11:13 AM, ahrtee said:

I'd rather have Jensen do something that might appeal to the over-40s crowd, just because there's more longevity there.  Someone might play superheroes through their 40s, but after that, if they're typecast in that genre, it's a straight slide to father-of-the-superhero, or older mentor.  Not necessarily bad, but not really the focus.  

I'm over 40 and superhero and genre films definitely appeal to ME. 🙂  

2 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

Awww...that's sweet "People care about my future yay!"  And so happy to hear we might get some news by the end of the year or in the new year.

Edited by tessathereaper
  • Love 9