Type keyword(s) to search

SuperNormal: Public Appearances, Tweets, Media And Other Social Media Of The SPN Cast

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Aeryn13 said:

No, the show is currently shooting its final Season as is Jensen on SPN as we know. He can`t do both, not to mention Lucifer doesn`t shoot in Vancouver. At least not anymore, I think they moved back to LA because of tax incentives?

The note says "O`Neill has dibs". Which is probably an inside joke.

They could cast him as GOD who shows up at the end with limited screen time.

11 minutes ago, Castiels Cat said:

They could cast him as GOD who shows up at the end with limited screen time.

I don`t think that would be fitting. Previously, they had Neil Gaiman as God (voice only of course) as a nice meta joke. And of course Tim O. as their God-tease. IMO that role needs an older actor.   

7 hours ago, gonzosgirrl said:

Ironically,  God has already been portrayed on this show... by Tim Omudson 

Ehh.. yes I saw that but they left the door open for that not to have been God but rather a mentally ill person or God tease as it was well described above. Lucifer seemed to think it was not God in the end as I recall.

Edited by Castiels Cat
1 minute ago, Castiels Cat said:

Ehh.. yes I saw that but they left the door open for that not to have been God but a mentally I'll person. Lucifer seemed to think so as I recall.

True, but the series is done anyway, so it's a moot point.

21 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I think they are pretty close to finishing though?  

No idea, it was upgraded from the original 13 episode order to 18 episodes so that pushes the finish line. I think they are at least halfway through now, though.  

This seems like a bad choice. It was one thing for Jensen to hang a lantern on Jared's arrest when he first returned to set. I'm sure they all needed something to ease the tension, but I'm not big on Jared making light of it any further. He struck employees at his restaurant, for crying out loud.

Edited by General Days
typo
  • Love 9
30 minutes ago, General Days said:

This seems like a bad choice. It was one thing for Jensen to hang a lantern on Jared's arrest when he first returned to set. I'm sure they all needed something to ease the tension, but I'm not big on Jared making light of it any further. He struck employees at his restaurant, for crying out loud.

I agree. I don't see anything charming about joking about being a violent drunk. 

• Love 7
39 minutes ago, General Days said:

Did he at least apologize or express any regret?  

3 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

Did he at least apologize or express any regret?  

I doubt it only because if it's still being litigated an apology could be construed as an admission of guilt which might work against him. Before my reply gets misconstrued, I'm not saying it's right or okay what he was arrested for, I'm only saying why I think it's possible he may not have done either. This way he's acknowledging the incident with fans but not saying anything more about. Just my guess.

Just now, catrox14 said:

I doubt it only because if it's still being litigated an apology could be construed as an admission of guilt which might work against him. Before my reply gets misconstrued, I'm not saying it's right or okay what he was arrested for, I'm only saying why I think it's possible he may not have done either. This way he's acknowledging the incident with fans but not saying anything more about. Just my guess.

I was thinking more in terms of apologizing to the fans rather than admitting specific guilt.  There's no question that he was arrested or that he was drunk, and IMO telling the fans that he was sorry and admitting that he'd done something wrong, as well as thanking them for forgiving his lapse, would be better than joking or ignoring it.  Acknowledging the incident as a joke is worse than ignoring it altogether.  JMO.  

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Bessie said:

Given the fandom Supernatural has, I thought the boys made the right choice to address it with humor.

Plus, I thought it was funny.

I wouldn't have minded the humor if it was together with a sincere apology.  I want honest feelings, not jokes, at least about serious matters.

I still think he needs to acknowledge that he "made a mistake" if nothing else, and might have disappointed some of his fans (obviously, not the ones who think he can do no wrong.)  He's been pushed as an example of a good guy, and it would make him more human to acknowledge that even good guys can make a mistake now and then. 

Edited by ahrtee
  • Love 6
27 minutes ago, desiresrisked said:

People often joke to ease tension and I don’t see anything wrong with doing it that way in this sort of environment. Of course I’m also someone who thinks this whole situation has been blown out of proportion...

I'm a firm believer in taking responsibility for your actions, even if the situation "has been blown out of proportion."  That doesn't mean that there wasn't anything wrong to start with.  As I said above, humor *besides* acknowledgement, not instead of.

And I think it would be especially important among his fans to set a good example, so that too many people won't continue to believe that a celebrity can do no wrong, as long as he's good-looking and popular (and nobody died).  

Edited by ahrtee
qualifying.
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, ahrtee said:

I wouldn't have minded the humor if it was together with a sincere apology.  I want honest feelings, not jokes, at least about serious matters.

I still think he needs to acknowledge that he "made a mistake" if nothing else, and might have disappointed some of his fans (obviously, not the ones who think he can do no wrong.)  He's been pushed as an example of a good guy, and it would make him more human to acknowledge that even good guys can make a mistake now and then. 

I think at this point, even if he said it to fans for their sake,   "made a mistake" or disappointed fans, might imply guilt.  For all we know, he might not think he was in the wrong if he was defending someone else or acted in self defense in some way.  Jensen can say things like "my big dumb friend" because he's not really involved either as a witness or what have you. 

Again, I'm not defending Jared's actions, just saying I think the smartest thing they can do right now is let this self-deprecating joke with the shirt be the last comment anyone makes publicly until it's all resolved.   Then once it's all resolved, he can speak to his behavior. 

• Love 2

Just a comment that it's not OK or cute or funny to overindulge in drinking, especially in public, might serve as a PSA to fans.  He doesn't have to even mention assault or any pending litigation.  

• Love 3

I keep reading how people say Jared shouldn't be apologizing because legal proceedings pending and whatnot.

What I'm wondering is, if it should go to trial (which it mightn't even), how will it look like if he keeps making fun of the situation? Like, say someone asks him how he feels about what happened and he's like, "Oh yeah, sure, your honour, I totally regret what happened *snicker snicker*"

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, General Days said:

And this is why I fully expect it to happen again.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

When his court appearance is over AND any civil litigation resolved, then admitting he screwed up is essential to regain any kind of moral authority IMO.   Before that, breaking the ice and moving on with humor is a judgement call that probably fits with the trying to entertain at a convention but I could see others being put off by it.  I suspect those who spend the money for a convention are more likely to be hoping for light hearted on this topic.  

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Casseiopeia said:

So I just saw an add on TNT from Creation for the Supernatural Tour. I had never seen an ad from them before. I thought that was kind of cool....or they haven't sold out their tickets for upcoming con's which isn't so cool.

When I watch SPN on the CW affiliate WPIX New York (as opposed to the Canadian channel it airs on) they always advertise the Creation cons.

• Love 1
On 11/24/2019 at 11:05 AM, juppschmitz said:

Given his past behaviour, do really think he's likely to do that?

I don't know. I'm only speaking about why he may have not said anything at this time. And I might be completely wrong as well. 

5 hours ago, SueB said:

I've seen them after the show but this is the firs nationwide ad I've ever seen on TNT.  I was thinking:  this is why they charge so much -- national ads.

They ran two Creation ads per episode and they were pretty extensive (it was freezing outside so I watched Supernatural for hours). I had never seen any ads before. I only watch SPN on the CW so I don't what they advertise in my neck of the woods.

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Casseiopeia said:

They ran two Creation ads per episode and they were pretty extensive (it was freezing outside so I watched Supernatural for hours). I had never seen any ads before. I only watch SPN on the CW so I don't what they advertise in my neck of the woods.

In the early years of Creation's SPN conventions there was no TV advertising because the tickets etc. sold out very quickly as well as even the day seats. Later, as prices increased quite a bit, the sales slacked off, and they began advertising (locally I believe) for an upcoming convention. Now I see the ads each year on TNT where they show so many SPN episodes.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, desiresrisked said:

I think it’s fun to see how Jensen used to talk about wanting to get Jared into golf to seeing them go pretty regularly now.

I am really hesitant to post this because I honestly don't want to keep picking on the guy, but was this photoshopped? Because that's the oddest photo of Jared I've ever seen.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I am really hesitant to post this because I honestly don't want to keep picking on the guy, but was this photoshopped? Because that's the oddest photo of Jared I've ever seen.

I think its an odd camera angle

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

I think the beanie without any hairs looking out doesn`t work. It`s a common problem if you get photographed like that with a beanie because it will never not look like a coloured bald cap. But why does he have boobs? That really looks strange.   

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, gonzosgirrl said:

I guess, and he's leaning in/down, but jeez - it really does look odd (the boobage) and the concave stomach. It's bizarre.

I’m not seeing a concave stomach...but in any case, it’s definitely a mix of the angle, body positioning, and fabric/cut of the T-shirt. Unfortunately for many guys who have any sort of real definition to their pecs, this is how it’s going to sometimes look under a shirt depending on the type of shirt and how he’s holding himself esp with the kind of shiny, fitted look of these type of polo shirts. Plenty of guys in my line of work wear these type of shirts for certain jobs and that’s a common issue even...and sometimes especially...when you’re a fit dude with muscled pecs (I also have a pic with Jensen from nearly a decade ago where it looks like he has a similar problem under a sweater). Jared’s chest is pressing forward more than his stomach due to his lean and with the way the shirt is cut and lying on him maybe that’s where you’re seeing what you do with his stomach? Anyway...outside of us analyzing these dude’s bodies, I’m enjoying seeing them out playing golf together for the start of their week off.

Edited by desiresrisked
  • Love 1