Type keyword(s) to search

S08.E08: How It's Gotta Be

nodorothyparker
  • Start Topic

Goodness Enid shoot the very person you're trying to get on your side. You might be doomed.

Look at that Rick, GPK left you high and dry..AGAIN. When will he learn?? Don't trust a bitch that can't speak English correctly.

Since they were gonna kill Carl his death could have been better since he's been around since the beginning.

Don't know how Eugene got the Saviors out that made no sense caus they didn't show anything on how Eugene did that. 

Only good thing about this episode was the small scene between Michonne & Judith. 

• Love 13
6 minutes ago, peach said:

They never miss a chance to lose the momentum.  

Just like they did with the season 7 cliffhanger.

18 minutes ago, ShadowHunter said:

I would have felt more for Carl being Walker chomped had he just died and they killed him right then more of them just dragging stuff on.

This was a slow boring episode.  Rick and Carol both vanished for most of it.

At least the King moved again and I was happy to see Morgan.

This was precisely my issue with the Glenn and Abe deaths -- the loss of momentum.    The cliffhanger and long 6-month wait for the next season to start actually made me less interested in what happened.  It let the air out of the balloon for me, and killed any emotional investment I had.  Maybe some other people were talking about it all summer and on the edges of their seats, but I did not have that same response.  To me, it would have been more powerful and jarring to see it all play out in one episode, and then pick up the next season with the group dealing with the aftermath.

So even though the spoilers already pinpointed Carl as being the one to go, once again there was no real payoff contained in one single episode.   I wanted to feel the sadness right then and there, with Rick finding Carl and then someone having to put Carl out of his misery before the episode ended.  The episode could have cut out right as Rick let out a few anguished cries, which would be the last thing we'd hear.   But, nooooooooo.... now the momentum has been lost yet again as the episode ended with Rick staring at Carl, looking worried,, and we have to wait 2 months to see someone actually end Carl's life.  The impact of the moment is lost.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Know what, I think that I am done. I committed to watching this whole season after bailing on last season, but I just can't any more. I will watch if I hear anything interesting or entertaining is going to happen.

I feel the same way. I'm so sick of this stupid war and honestly if you're not rooting for The Saviors then there is no reason to keep watching this show. 

• Love 7
9 minutes ago, jls1792 said:

Wow.  Just...WOW!  I thought Chandler was the first to have the guts to leave this clearly sinking sink.  But Gimple thought it would be a good idea to kill Carl.  Wow. 

How desperate is Gimple?  People are going to be talking about this but I don't think it's going to be GOOD talk.  Even people who hated Carl/Chandler are going to realize how fucked up this move is.  CARL IS THE FUTURE. 

The only thing that will make this even more pathetic is if Michonne announces that she's pregnant.  Gimple will have found a way to outsuck himself if he pulls THAT.

• Love 18

I like how they're trying to minimize Daryl and Tara's part in Saviors getting free. It is their fault and they're on my kill list as number one and two. Rosita use to be high on the list but she dropped down some. Daryl and Tara need to die.

• Love 12

Oh Carl...*sniffle* 

What else do I have to say about this episode? Well, I do believe it can be summed up as such...SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID SAVIOR FUCKS!!!!!! I have never in my life seen bad guys who talk so freaking much, about absolutely nothing. And are somehow invincible, despite having about half a brain between them. These idiots couldn't even feed two Walkers on a diet. Why are they STILL A THING?!?!

• Love 11
6 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

Wait, they decided to kill off Carl? Chandler didn't decide to leave. Unbelievable. The comic fans will have a nervous breakdown.

Here is more from the Hollywood Reporter. Basically they decided to kill Carl to justify Rick leaving Negan alive. Unfuckingbelieveable!

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-is-carl-going-die-chandler-riggs-exit-interview-1066031

Wow, they have no idea what to do with this show anymore. I'm crying about Carl, but not in a good way! More in a "really, there's nothing more for me to see here" way. Truthfully, I've been hoping that this show would start winding down pretty soon since it's become so shitty, and I could remember it as mostly great. All I want is for Rick Grimes to finally get a little peace, but for me that includes Carl alive & healthy by his side :(

• Love 16
10 minutes ago, oakville said:

Did they explain how Eugene saved the Sanctuary? Dwight just said Eugene.

No, they didn't, or is they did I completely missed it. It's possible they will explain it when the show comes back but I'm inclined to think the writers put themselves in a corner and couldn't figure a way to get out. "We need the Saviors to escape. How?" And some else said "Eugene!" And they just ran with it.

I was hardly surprised when the garbage folk turned tail and ran, betraying Rick again, but I was amazed that he was.

• Love 9

It would be one thing if they killed Carl because Chandler wanted off the show to focus more on school and try other things.  But since it looks like this was Gimple's idea it's just stupid.  There's a difference between taking a risk and doing something big and just going big for no reason other than dramatic purposes.  

• Love 14
1 minute ago, ShadowSixx said:

I like how they're trying to minimize Daryl and Tara's part in Saviors getting free. It is their fault and they're on my kill list as number one and two. Rosita use to be high on the list but she dropped down some. Daryl and Tara need to die.

I noticed they also couldn't be bothered to explain what Eugene's plan was that got the Saviors out, and the walker horde away from the compound.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, KirkB said:

I was hardly surprised when the garbage folk turned tail and ran, betraying Rick again, but I was amazed that he was.

Bwah. I know right. I never stop being amazed at the lengths the show will go to keep this ridiculous war going.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

They got out because that idiot Eugene made another iPod lure thing.  That was the sound Simon was referring to.

if anything, they did manage to kill a bunch of them, a few fighters and not just pee moppers. 

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, KirkB said:

It was so dark I didn't even know that they ran.  

• Love 7

Carl being killed just because Gimple thinks its dramatic is just the stupidest thing I've heard all night. And tonight was filled with yammering Saviors! 

At least Jerry still lives. I think. I didn't see him in the Super Dramatic 80s Music Video Montage. I did laugh at how even the Saviors agree that he`s by far the most likable character around. Wherever the Saviors were going on and on, I was just like "you know what we need now? Daryl and his crossbow. Or, even better, Rosita and her flamethrower". Then this would all be over, and maybe this should could find something more interesting to do. 

• Love 6

You would also think Rick having the bat in his position would hit Negan with the barrel of the bat but hits him with the knob instead. Rich always has opportunity to kill Negan but flat out refuses to for some stupid reason. Oh right for plot so we can continue to hear Negan say shit and dick.

• Love 14
7 minutes ago, ShadowSixx said:

No, it was Eugene. This is why he was fake crying. What little conscience he has was feeling guilty.

It's hard enough trying to follow the dozens of characters on this bloated show, but to try to follow them in the complete dark?  Stupid, stupid choice.  The few worthwhile moments in this ep were surrounded by a whole bunch of trying to figure out who jut did what.

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, tennisgurl said:

At least Jerry still lives. I think. I didn't see him in the Super Dramatic 80s Music Video Montage. I did laugh at how even the Saviors agree that he`s by far the most likable character around. Wherever the Saviors were going on and on, I was just like "you know what we need now? Daryl and his crossbow. Or, even better, Rosita and her flamethrower". Then this would all be over, and maybe this should could find something more interesting to do. 

I am happy that Cal still lives.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 3
Just now, tennisgurl said:

Carl being killed just because Gimple thinks its dramatic is just the stupidest thing I've heard all night. And tonight was filled with yammering Saviors! 

Or Carol's ability to take out Terminus.  It's interesting, and by interesting I mean beyond annoying, how capable these people can be for two seconds, but are never allowed to be so for any longer than that because then this stupid SL would have been over two season ago, and the writers would have had to move onto something else.

• Love 12

Yeah, its super depressing thinking about how this is the same group of people who could credibly say that Terminus had no clue who they were fucking with (and then tear them to pieces) just a few seasons ago, and now they're being run around and beat down by a bunch of idiots led by a psychotic gym teacher. 

• Love 16
3 minutes ago, SimoneS said:

No, it was Eugene. This is why he was fake crying. What little conscience he has was feeling guilty.

That's the problem. They keep trying to find other ways to not make Daryl responsible for his actions. There's always a cop out to his reckless behavior. Maggie basically gave him a hug and a kiss for his part in Glenn's death. It's like no character can be mad at Daryl for long if at all.

• Love 7

I just fast forwarded most of it, watched Carl scenes and a few others.  I'm broken hearted over him, but the rest is all too stupid to feel anything about.  They didn't guard the Sanctuary, they didn't guard Alexandria, Negan destroys the very best community instead of living in it.  He even mentions they could have used the solar panels??? HE'S FUCKING BEEN THERE BEFORE.  He KNOWS they have usable solar panels.  But worst of all, Rick Muthafuckin Grimes could have killed him not once, but twice.  Somehow couldn't do it with the bat, or after he GOT HIS GUN and fell out the window and RAN AWAY.    This show is utter fucking garbage.

• Love 21
2 minutes ago, jls1792 said:

Melissa and Norman are original cast members.

Dang.  It's now the Atlanta Three.  

I meant from the pilot. Sorry for the confusion. I should edit my comment. Well I guess Morgan but he left and came back.

• Love 1

If Daryl and Tara were going to ram the truck into the compound, they should have stayed around to make sure their plan worked.  At one point these people were communicating with each other and telling each other everything in long drawn out pointless letters, and then for plot purposes they stopped doing that, and started posing for long boring montages.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, KirkB said:

No, they didn't, or is they did I completely missed it. It's possible they will explain it when the show comes back but I'm inclined to think the writers put themselves in a corner and couldn't figure a way to get out. "We need the Saviors to escape. How?" And some else said "Eugene!" And they just ran with it.

I am watching Talking Dead & Gimple still won't explain what Eugene's plan was. This is very annoying.

• Love 3
29 minutes ago, HighMaintenance said:

As a side bar... who the hell was that Savior that grabbed Michonne near the end of the episode and started monologing/taunting her?

OMFG and Hahaha - yeah, instead of killing her, he puts a bear hug on the woman with the giant sword and starts monologuing, just as anyone would in a life-or-death struggle.  She's lucky she miraculously escaped before he finished his EVUL taunting, or she would have been toast for sure. Whew! Close call. As Michonne hacked him to bits, my CC repeatedly said "Hyah!" "Hyah!" I did enjoy that.

Gee, with all this breathless excitement, I plumb forgot that Enid murdered Grandma (didn't she? So dark it was hard to tell) because CDB hadn't done quite enough to those people yet. Aaron, you were my last hope and you turned into a speechy, dreary moron too.

Rick has Negan on the floor. Ooops, can't kill him. Rick goes flying out yet another window. Tough as nails, our boy. He took that lickin' with the barbed bat and just kept on tickin.'

It was Dwight's turn to get shot in the arm. Amazing how that never seems to cause any real inconvenience to anyone.

Coral? Well, Rick that what happens while you're out fiddling around with Jadis in your underdrawers, you ninny. This show isn't even fun to mock anymore. It's just dumb and boring.

Oh, but I did like that Daryl finally got his vest back. Highlight of the show.

• Love 5
12 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

Or Carol's ability to take out Terminus.  It's interesting, and by interesting I mean beyond annoying, how capable these people can be for two seconds, but are never allowed to be so for any longer than that because then this stupid SL would have been over two season ago, and the writers would have had to move onto something else.

That was the last time this show was good.

• Love 8
Just now, mightysparrow said:

Lennie James was in the pilot.

I know. But like I said, he didn't stay the entire time. I'm saying that Andy is the only one left from the pilot who has remained with the show for all of it's episodes.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

If Daryl and Tara were going to ram the truck into the compound, they should have stayed around to make sure their plan worked.  At one point these people were communicating with each other and telling each other everything in long drawn out pointless letters, and then for plot purposes they stopped doing that, and started posing for long boring montages.

Yeah Tara & Daryl were getting ready to knit a shirt that says "Their plan worked." Sure it did.

• Love 5

I FRIGGING HATE this new trend of TV shows shooting everything so dark that you can't see anything.  They think they are setting a dark, gritty mood, but it would help to be able to see what is going on.

Gimple wouldn't even say which episode that Carl got bit in.  Ridiculous.

Edited by rmontro
  • Love 10
Just now, peach said:

Why would Rick run away and leave Negan in his house?  Why?  WHHHYYYYYY????

Because there's still half a season to go.  If they killed Negan now, the writers might have to, I don't know, have characters talk about something besides Negan's dick and bat, and how they are going to kill Negan.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, AngelaHunter said:

OMFG and Hahaha - yeah, instead of killing her, he puts a bear hug on the woman with the giant sword and starts monologuing, just as anyone would in a life-or-death struggle.  She's lucky she miraculously escaped before he finished his EVUL taunting, or she would have been toast for sure. Whew! Close call. As Michonne hacked him to bits, my CC repeatedly said "Hyah!" "Hyah!" I did enjoy that.

Gee, with all this breathless excitement, I plumb forgot that Enid murdered Grandma (didn't she? So dark it was hard to tell) because CDB hadn't done quite enough to those people yet. Aaron, you were my last hope and you turned into a speechy, dreary moron too.

Rick has Negan on the floor. Ooops, can't kill him. Rick goes flying out yet another window. Tough as nails, our boy. He took that lickin' with the barbed bat and just kept on tickin.'

It was Dwight's turn to get shot in the arm. Amazing how that never seems to cause any real inconvenience to anyone.

Coral? Well, Rick that what happens while you're out fiddling around with Jadis in your underdrawers, you ninny. This show isn't even fun to mock anymore. It's just dumb and boring.

Oh, but I did like that Daryl finally got his vest back. Highlight of the show.

Yes and why exactly did blonde savior shoot Dwight in the arm instead of killing him for being a traitor? Then we had to hear her monologue until Michonne, Rosita, Daryl and Tara started shooting at her. What horrible shots they were cause they couldn't kill her. Even with her head by the car window.

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

I did laugh when Carl popped up and said, "He's not home."  It reminded me of Carl popping out at Jesus in the truck and saying, "Hey."

God bless Carl Grimes.    I remember when that crazy idiot, Lizzie, was blathering on about how zombies were their friends or whatever, and he just snaps, "That's stupid!!"

33 minutes ago, UGAmp said:

It’s appropriate it ended in a sewer cause this show is circling the drain.

Amen. 

• Love 3

Shut the fuck up, Daryl.

Michonne is going to lose her shit.  She lost her baby because the man she was with didn't step up to protect his child (although we're supposed to forget that Michonne had a life before Rick's dick).  What's she going to do now?  She was the one who pushed to move to Alexandria.  Now their cowering in the sewer and Carl is going to die.  Rick has had numerous opportunities to kill Negan but hasn't been able to do it.  Rick was playing 'sculpt the cat' with Jadis while Carl was getting bitten.  Carl got bitten because he went out to find a guy that Rick was an asshole to.

Michonne is going to lose her shit.

Edited by mightysparrow
spelling is our friend.
  • Love 7

When Rick goes crazy again, for the umpteenth time, is he going to hack to death the guy Carl saved?  Rick will be standing there, up in the guy's face but avoiding eye contact, head hanging, long sweat-drenched curls hanging in his eyes, arms randomly pointing this way and that as he mumbles about Coral.  Then he'll shamble off to answer a phantom ringing phone and get bitched out by Lori for doing such a shitty job of protecting her kid.  Michonne will pack up Judith and get out before Rick gets them all killed.  

Judith is John Connor.

• Love 7