Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E15: Reunion

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

Bri has so much makeup on she looks like a chipmunk. Less is definitely more, Bri. 

In other news, I’m so glad that Bri doesn’t really have feelings for Nico and that she was essentially a “comfort woman” fior Nico. 

”Nico didn’t break my heart” 

Methinks the lady doth protest too much.

Nico is a total shitheel.  So glad Karma is catching up.

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, Martinigirl said:

I love Bri's low key digs to Nico!

I guess Melissa broke up with the fool.  

Who is Bri in love with?

I laughed at Kyle telling Jen what  someone should have said to her.  He wasn’t playing fake nice to Jen, the way Kate was.

Glad Bruno is engaged.

Edited by Neurochick
  • Love 7
Just now, Neurochick said:

I guess Melissa broke up with the fool.  

Who is Bri in love with?

I laughed at Kyle telling Jen what I wouuhave said to her.  He wasn’t playing fake nice to Jen, the way Kate was.

Glad Bruno is engaged.

Some guy she hasn't dated ....LOL! Her words

• Love 3

The only thing I was disappointed with was no mention of what they understand to be the damage on the islands that were their second home.   No trip there to maybe help out.  No discussion about possible damage to the boat.  Kinda surprising.

• Love 12
25 minutes ago, jaybird2 said:

still can't stand jen!  love kate's resting bitch face,  tonight is the best i've seen kate look.  she actually looks pretty and her hair is nice.........so shallow of me

Kate - Bruno was great at cupping those balls. LOL

Bwahahahaha!!!! I LOVE  Capt Lee

Captain Lee‏Verified account @capthlr

Way to step up and own it and apologise for your behavior @Kate_Chastain, thats why you are so good at what you do. Shut up Kyle.

• Love 3
11 hours ago, b2H said:

The only thing I was disappointed with was no mention of what they understand to be the damage on the islands that were their second home.   No trip there to maybe help out.  No discussion about possible damage to the boat.  Kinda surprising.

Co-sign. I was also disappointed that the show only offered thoughts and prayers via Captain Lee last week. For a show that stages itself and makes all its profits in The Caribbean, maybe they could have made a donation of some kind to help those devastated communities that serve as backdrop to their enterprise.

Thoughts are prayers are so vapid and useless unless they are backed up by tangible help.. 

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 6

Boring reunion.  Nico got off easy.  No question about Nico telling Bri he was going back to Chicago for his family when what  he really wanted to do was to repair his relationship with Melissa?  Was anyone more 'uncomfortable' throughout the show...desirably so. 

Baker looked great.  As did Kate.

Jen continues to not make any sense.

Kyle is scary.

Yeah.  I hoped that a minute or so would be given to discussing the devastation in the Caribbean.  

• Love 2

I might just be a voice of one, but I really enjoyed this season.  Just the right amount of everything.   Love the entire cast, and I could easily do a second round with the same people.    They all seem nice and decent.

I was really glad to see Jen and Kate are friends.  That surprised me because it sure didn't read that way on the boat.  On land, I think they could both teach each other a thing or two about how to deal with other people.  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

Co-sign. I was also disappointed that the show only offered thoughts and prayers via Captain Lee last week. For a show that stages itself and makes all its profits in The Caribbean, maybe they could have made a donation of some kind to help those devastated communities that serve as backdrop to a heir enterprise.

Thoughts are prayers are so vapid and useless unless y’all get are backed up by tangible help.. 

Agree with the last sentence.  I saw something once that said "i named my cats Thoughts and Prayers because they're useless too". 

I loved Captain Lee not letting Nico get away with using his brother's death as an excuse. 

So I the guess there's no more Jen and Kate plus hate. 

Edited by Maharincess
  • Love 5

I'm a beard lover, but Nico falls into that small percentage who just can NOT pull off a beard. Ew. It made him look even douchier than normal. I loved when Lee said he would not have promoted him now. 

Bri is trying to back pedal a bit now. Saying she thought Nico and Melissa were just a 'fling". We JUST saw a clip of her, in her TH saying, "He has a girlfriend and I'm not getting in the way of that". Nico's actions are still on him, but Bri is trying to make her part look more innocent than it was. They're both icky, quite frankly. 

Interesting to hear that Jen and Kate are actually good friends and they laughed a lot on charter. I guess that didn't fit the narrative production was trying to sell. Jen still doesn't belong on a yacht. Even Kate said as much, in a diplomatic way. 

One thing I like about Kate, is she has a loyalty to her crew. SHE can get bitchy with you, but she's still going to back you up to others. Kyle was trying to call Jen out for being a shit talker, and Kate wasn't having it. Very interesting. 

But I still love Kyle in all his getting-girls-knocked-up-behind-dumpsters-quirky-table-manners ways. 

Bruno DOES look better with a beard. But is he on steroids? 

I continue to love Matt, because he's humble as hell and doesn't make any excuses. 

Everyone leave EJ and Baker alone!

Chris Brown, didn't miss ya. 

P.S. If anyone started watching the new show Stripped, that airs after this, they've created a forum for it. I hope I'm not the only one watching!

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, Maharincess said:

I loved Captain Lee not letting Nico get away with using his brother's death as an excuse. 

Cap'n Lee is hard as fucking nails and I LOVE it. 

10 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Who is Bri in love with?

From the side chatter I got that he is a musician of sorts and Irish. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

I think I read somewhere that the season was filmed about a year ago so it is probably just working out.

Oh okay. I didn't realize it was that long ago. So....maybe. He just doesn't look, to me, like he even had the frame to get that big. But what do I know?

• Love 4

Bri is trying to back pedal a bit now. Saying she thought Nico and Melissa were just a 'fling". We JUST saw a clip of her, in her TH saying, "He has a girlfriend and I'm not getting in the way of that". Nico's actions are still on him, but Bri is trying to make her part look more innocent than it was. They're both icky, quite frankly. 

Agreed that he was up front about having a GF, but also he seemed to WAY downplay the relationship.  Even Bri said he never mentioned his GF or brought her up, from Bri's POV she was probably like the relationship can't be that serious.  Also it looked like what he did was put the relationship "on hold" to legitimately have a fling, then at the end, tried to resume things with Melissa after taking a "break".  

• Love 4
Just now, FamilyVan said:

Agreed that he was up front about having a GF, but also he seemed to WAY downplay the relationship.  Even Bri said he never mentioned his GF or brought her up, from Bri's POV she was probably like the relationship can't be that serious.  Also it looked like what he did was put the relationship "on hold" to legitimately have a fling, then at the end, tried to resume things with Melissa after taking a "break".  

Well, of course he didn't mention her - he was trying to get with Bri! He clearly talked about her to other people, because even Kate was saying that they all knew he was in a serious relationship. She actually used the word "fling" last night, and there is no way in hell she thought the girl back home was just a fling. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Interesting to hear that Jen and Kate are actually good friends and they laughed a lot on charter. I guess that didn't fit the narrative production was trying to sell. Jen still doesn't belong on a yacht. Even Kate said as much, in a diplomatic way. 

Yeah I really want to see some footage of them laughing together, Kate said multiple times that Jen made her laugh the most and I thought she meant laughing at her nkt with her which I thought was her being bitchy but that doesn't appear to be the case.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Oh okay. I didn't realize it was that long ago. So....maybe. He just doesn't look, to me, like he even had the frame to get that big. But what do I know?

I don't think it was that long ago, because didn't they finish filming pretty close to when the hurricanes hit?

I was thinking the same thing re: steroids...either that, or his fiance is a major gym rat (or a combo of both). 

• Love 1
17 minutes ago, CaliforniaLove said:

I don't think it was that long ago, because didn't they finish filming pretty close to when the hurricanes hit?

I was thinking the same thing re: steroids...either that, or his fiance is a major gym rat (or a combo of both). 

No they filmed in February/March. It made some gossip sites because the production boat sank.

Captain Lee is a man who doesn't mince words. He says what needs to be said, even if it makes people uncomfortable. It's so obvious that he and Nico are from a different generation. Nico is a coward who would rather lie to save himself the drama. 

• Love 5

They roasted Nico pretty good which I was happy about. But Jen got off way too easy. Nothing about her being late all the time, the conversation with Bruno about Kate, how she treated, Bri, her constant eye rolls, etc.? And there was a question about her playing the victim, but where was all the video footage to prove it? I will admit that she was very contrite about what they did discuss, although I have to wonder whether she was sincere or whether it was damage control.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Captain Lee is a man who doesn't mince words. He says what needs to be said, even if it makes people uncomfortable. It's so obvious that he and Nico are from a different generation. Nico is a coward who would rather lie to save himself the drama. 

Which makes it all the more annoying when Captain Lee said he'd have a place on his Dream Crew Team for Nico, though he didn't say what spot. Too bad he didn't say that EJ would be Bosun...that'd be a good public burn to that Weak Piece O Shit Formerly Known as Nico.

• Love 6

Since Captain Lee was asked this question at the reunion I'll add my choices.

My Dream Team Deck Hands:
Bosun: Eddie Lucas (Season One-Three, if given a chance, season two Eddie)
Senior Deck Hand: Kelly Johnson (Season two & four, if given a choice Season Four Kelly)
Deckhand: Connie Arias (Season Three)
Backup Deck Hand: David Bradberry (Season One)

My Dream Team Interior:
Chief Stew: Kate Chastain (Season Two-Five, if given a choice season three Kate)
2nd Stew: Amy Johnson (Season Two-Three, if given a choice season three Amy)
3rd Stew: Kat (Season One-Two, if given a choice season two Kat, was she more sober then?)
Backup Stew: Brianna (Season Five)

Cook: Ben
Back Up Cook: Matt (Season One-Four, not season four Ben)

Edited by fifty8th
  • Love 6

My dream team would definitely include Kyle. I can't help it, that dude make me laugh. I don't think he's a bad deckhand either. I think Baker should be invited back. She worked hard, kept her head down, took criticism, and improved. She is also super low drama as far as extra curriculars go. 

• Love 11

I agree I like Baker, she'd be my second back up on deck, maybe equal to dave he was worked had, kept his head down with no drama, at least that is how I remember it. Kyle is a hard worker but he is not no drama.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, fifty8th said:

More of Captain Lee's thoughts on Nico, I like this one.

"I think Nico lacks the integrity to do what we do," Lee explained on the podcast. "I mean when he unloaded Bri at the end, he didn't even have the balls to tell her that he was going back with his girlfriend. He told her he was going back because of family matters. I mean that was a crutch, an obvious crutch."

2 hours ago, Jsage said:

They roasted Nico pretty good which I was happy about. But Jen got off way too easy. Nothing about her being late all the time, the conversation with Bruno about Kate, how she treated, Bri, her constant eye rolls, etc.? And there was a question about her playing the victim, but where was all the video footage to prove it? I will admit that she was very contrite about what they did discuss, although I have to wonder whether she was sincere or whether it was damage control.

Anyone know when the reunion was filmed relative to Captain Lee's podcasts and blogs?  His responses don't line up and it could be a timing thing.

37 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

My dream team would definitely include Kyle. I can't help it, that dude make me laugh. I don't think he's a bad deckhand either. I think Baker should be invited back. She worked hard, kept her head down, took criticism, and improved. She is also super low drama as far as extra curriculars go. 

The wierder (but nice) the better, IMO.  Kyle keeps it interesting and he's a good guy.  I like him a lot.

• Love 3

Anyone know when the reunion was filmed relative to Captain Lee's podcasts and blogs?  His responses don't line up and it could be a timing thing.

Someone here a while back said it was around Thanksgiving I think.

18 hours ago, Pickles said:

Jen's boobs are SO enormous for her frame. Too much. Bri did look too made up. Baker looked pretty and she is so upbeat. Kate looked really pretty too. Her hair looked great.

The same was said about Malia from the "BD: Med" season; could barely recognize her at the reunion! Adam had to confess they never slept together even though he implied heavily! She belonged to the Aussie, WES; wonder are they still together? ;-)

19 minutes ago, fifty8th said:

That is how I figure it, though Thanksgiving may not be exactly right but like a month before the show ended

Tgeybwere all in NY the week of Thamksgiving. Typically Bravo gives them all the remaining episodes to watch before they tape the reunion.

I didn't start watching until season 3 so can't really name much of an all star cast but this would be mine:

Deck crew:

Bosun - EJ

Deckhands - Dave (from what I had seen of him in flashback episodes, he seemed nice and a hard worker), Kyle, Baker, Connie for an alternate

Interior:

Chief stew - Amy

Second stew - Maybe bring back Emily

Third stew - Maybe Brianna, definitely not Rocky, Jen, or Sierra

Chef - Ben, or Matt but only if he stepped it up with the food

For this cast, this is who I'd like to see or not see return next season, if there is one:

Captain Lee - He'd obviously return and while I think he may have phoned in some of his witticisms and one-liners this season, I generally find him amusing. It just wouldn't feel like Below Deck without Captain Lee.

Kate - I am not the biggest fan of Kate and I felt she too was phoning it in this season. She seems very bored and over it. I also don't think she is all that great at her job, she is good at catering to the guests, but her parties are really lame. She is not always the nicest to her stews or the rest of her staff. She seems condescending a lot of the time with her talking heads, like she thinks she's better than everyone else. Sometimes her one-liners are clever and funny, but I think she comes off as almost a little too impressed with herself sometimes. She knows the witty remarks are her schtick and she milks it for all it's worth. It's become stale at this point and she doesn't have much else to offer beyond that. I wouldn't mind seeing a new chief stew, to be honest. 

Matt - As I said, he should only come back if he can step it up with the food. Apart from that, he is easily the nicest and most temperamental chef they've ever had.

Brianna - Overall I would say no. She was okay at her job but IMO not outstanding, for example the way Amy was. I even think Emily was a better stew. Brianna is not only just average at her job, but she doesn't make for good TV. Her personality is too boring. I would be indifferent to her returning. I wouldn't be mad about it, but I think they can find better stews, who are better at their jobs but also more interesting.

Nico - No. I don't think he's mature enough for this job and don't think he should have been promoted to bosun. He has many personal issues he needs to work out at home. I think he needs time to mature. 

EJ - I would really like to see EJ return. He got annoying sometimes with his "cool beans" and his other odd little things he said, but overall I thought he contributed a lot while he was there. Unlike Nico, he's very mature and able to handle the job. I had a lot of respect for him when he said he didn't pursue anything with Baker because he knew it wouldn't be professional. *ahem Nico* He seemed like he was able to teach the deck crew a lot. He's a hard worker. He's kind of cute too, in this dorky sort of way.

Jen - No. She clearly wasn't fit for this job. 

Baker - I would love to see her back. She's a hard worker and doesn't cause drama. She probably won't come back though because she doesn't make enough interesting TV.

Kyle - Aside from his weird food issues, I generally like him and find him interesting. But he has some personal issues he should sort out, when he gets along with everyone he is enjoyable to watch but when he gets angry and nasty like he did with Jen (over something so stupid too, "you're dead to me," lol because she stuck a clean fork in your gravy?!) I want him off my screen.

• Love 1