Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Ponderosa

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

Desi's Ponderosa:

https://youtu.be/18F8I91y_0M

She lost 8 lbs.  In pretty good spirits.  She'll make a good host and probably set a good tone for Ponderosa.  Really hope she gets a second chance, though with this cast, I worry she'll get passed over by bigger characters.  But hey, they brought Hali and Sierra back, so I guess anything's possible.

One of the staff members was competing in her first beauty pageant, and Desi gave her some pointers.

• Love 3
33 minutes ago, LadyChatts said:

Desi's Ponderosa:

She lost 8 lbs.  In pretty good spirits.  She'll make a good host and probably set a good tone for Ponderosa.  Really hope she gets a second chance, though with this cast, I worry she'll get passed over by bigger characters.  But hey, they brought Hali and Sierra back, so I guess anything's possible.

One of the staff members was competing in her first beauty pageant, and Desi gave her some pointers.

thanks for posting the link!

• Love 1

Can I go to Ponderosa and hang out with Desi?  We can drink wine and practice pageant walks.  What a beautiful lady!  Too bad the show never gave us a chance to know her better.  She'll set a calming tone there as queen of Ponderosa.

• Love 4

She's gorgeous and has a lovely personality but the whole pageant thing rubs me wrong.  It's too much like a livestock or dog show or wench auction.  I can see viewing it as celebrating womanhood but I find the entire concept more demeaning.  

Desi seems to have a positive attitude and that goes a long way with me.  Sorry to see her go, Joe helped sink her IMO. 

Whoever was in charge of audio on this video had the background music up louder than Desi's voice in a couple of spots.  It was annoying.

• Love 2

Question for CBS All Access subscribers: how do you access the Ponderosa videos and extra clips on TV? I can see them on the internet when I'm logged in, but on TV, I don't seem to have that option. Is there a particular path to these videos? 

I found her boring and I feel like I can understand a bit more now why she was so invisible in the show. She is stunning though and I enjoyed the part where she was teaching the worker beauty pageant skills.

She does seem like a lovely person and has a good attitude, but yeah, not scintillating TV. 

• Love 1

I don't think I've ever seen Ponderosa videos on TV.  They've always been CBS.com only, I think?  I've been watching solely via CBS All Access (via Fire TV) for years.  

2 hours ago, ljenkins782 said:

Question for CBS All Access subscribers: how do you access the Ponderosa videos and extra clips on TV? I can see them on the internet when I'm logged in, but on TV, I don't seem to have that option. Is there a particular path to these videos? 

I've never been able to find them on roku so I figure they must only be available on the website.

Edited by peachmangosteen

They are sometimes, but not always, on YouTube on the SurvivorOnCBS account, so if your streaming device supports YouTube, you can watch it on your TV that way. I think they delete or hide videos after the season is over though, so if you're looking for something from a past season, you might be out of luck. Right now, they have some stuff from the current season, a little from MvGenX, and a boatload of stuff from Cagayan and the first BvW. (There's more, but I didn't scroll back past that.) So there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to what gets posted or stays up on the YouTube account.

You can find Ponderosa videos on YouTube. LadyChatts posted the link at the top of the thread.

On ‎11‎/‎16‎/‎2017 at 1:59 AM, LadyChatts said:

Desi's Ponderosa:

16 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I've never been able to find them on roku so I figure they must only be available on the website.

This is what's driving me crazy, I HAVE found them on Roku before and I just can't replicate whatever I did to get there. Several times I've been able to watch the Ponderosa videos AND watch all of the extra clips on the TV and it was nice because they played through (with commercials in between) instead of my having to click on every single one like I do on the site, which drives me batty. It always sends you back to the beginning of the list of clips so you have to search back through to find where you left off. 

• Love 1

I miss the somewhat mystifying symbolism of the sands of fate pouring through the fingers, or whatever it was.  I'm afraid this Ponderosa was pretty boring, because Cole is not very electrifying of a personality, but I did enjoy them posing in the waterfall.

• Love 2

I’ve never seen anyone all about the food as Cole was. That’s all he wanted. No beer. No wine. Just food. It was obvious he was a recruit because he didn’t even know what he was doing until the end. The photo shoot of him & Desi was a bit much but they at least got away from Ponderosa. I don’t even remember seeing the pool in Millennials vs GenX. Anyway, it’s turning out to be a nice Ponderosa yet quiet Ponderosa.

If Desi is like some of my friends who’ve entered and won pageants, it’s to pay for college. The scholarship money in the Miss America pageant system is helping a lot of women go to college who wouldn’t otherwise have had the funds. One of my friends paid for her college and graduate school by being Miss North Carolina, then after her reign was over, she entered and won the pageants in the Miss USA circuit.

Cole is boring. Period. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Nashville said:

It says something - to me, anyway - that I'm not the least bit interested in watching this.  

If there's such a thing as less than zero interest in hearing Cole's sage words regarding his Survivor experience, then I have it.  :)

I can't remember a thing Cole said.  But maybe it was the shock that he lost 13.5 lbs and Desi only lost 7.  I was convinced he'd be the first Survivor that gained weight while he was out there.

• Love 1

Oddly enough I have never watched any Ponderosa segments for the American version of the show.  Yet for some reason I found myself watching all of them for the Australian version of the show.  I will have to check out this season's though.

16 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Cole is boring. Period. 

Yeah.  And still a doofus.  All I heard was a lot of blah, blah, blah.  I did chuckle though when he told the waiter "I love you."

Desi is stunning.

• Love 1

Cole looks better with the facial hair. Yikes. So much hotter messy and dirty. But  yeah, food, food and more food. Whatever

OK, so Cole figured out the missing vote because he knew they did not read his vote so Lauren should have had two votes. Although he did not say that there was a missing vote only that a vote was not shown.

Edited by ProfCrash
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

OK, so Cole figured out the missing vote because he knew they did not read his vote so Lauren should have had two votes. Although he did not say that there was a missing vote only that a vote was not shown.

He didn’t figure anything out, he’s the last person who’d realize something was up. :)

• Love 1
16 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

so Cole figured out the missing vote because he knew they did not read his vote

They did read his vote, for Joe.  Lauren only received the one vote from Desi, and it was read.

In other words, Cole is an idiot.

Edited by SVNBob
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, SVNBob said:

They did read his vote, for Joe.  Lauren only received the one vote from Desi, and it was read.

In other words, Cole is an idiot.

But he was on to something, right? So, I think he’s only half an idiot. 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ByaNose said:

But he was on to something, right? So, I think he’s only half an idiot. 

None of this was ever alluded to on the broadcast, but I half-suspect Cole heard (or overheard) somebody else noticing a discrepancy in the votes, and was trying to pass on the info - but Cole described it in a first-person way to Desi, to make himself appear smart.  Cole didn't rightly understand whatever it was he heard, though, which is why his attempt to "explain" it to Desi was such a muddleyfuck mess.

Edited by Nashville
Punctuation
  • Love 1

Interesting that the comments about Cole are all about food, food, food.  I agree, food did occupy a lot of his initial time at Ponderosa.  But, it did for Desi as well.  Did you see the size of her dinner?  And then her breakfast the next day?

I like that Desi remembered what foods Cole said were his favorites and then met him at Poderosa with a bucket of peanut butter (with a spoon!) and an orange soda.  

And, I like that Cole took Desi hiking instead of just hanging around the pool/beach at Ponderosa.    

Both seem to have a few regrets about being ousted so soon in the game but are happy to be part of the jury.

About the missing vote when Joe & Desi were tied: people at camp must have been talking about it but it wasn't shown on this last episode of Survivor.

• Love 3

Desi said she was going to eat like crazy for two days and then go back to her normal routine. I suspect Cole is going to gorge for the entire time that they are there. And I am not surprised that they went for a hike, Cole climbs rocks for a living. He is an outdoors, sporty kind of guy and Desi is someone who likes to be on the move. Neither of them are the type to chill by the pool. It is nice to see them going out and doing those type of things but it is not all that surprising.

I saw some tweets from the current Survivors and they were all laughing at Cole's Ponderosa, apparently he was obsessed with PB and orange soda.

• Love 1

I'm curious how long it was between Cole arriving at Ponderosa and when the video of him paddleboarding was taken, because he looked like he had gained quite a bit of weight in that time.

On 11/24/2017 at 8:21 AM, ProfCrash said:

He said that his ballot was read, but he didn't mark it to prove that he flipped, so everyone else thought that it was his vote that wasn't read. It sounds like he thought that the unread vote was from Desi or Joe and Desi's vote for Lauren was actually from one of the seven who flipped (and she didn't correct him, for whatever reason.)

• Love 2

Funny how Cole has adjusted  his daily caloric needs  from 8,000 to 5,000 - 6,000.

Cole, drinking orange soda is not the secret to staying healthy.

Edited by Brookside
Because I should know my vocabulary.
  • Love 1

JP seems nice enough, but he is just as boring outside the game as in.  22 lbs, yikes!

Funny that Joe thought "his alliance" kept Ben because of the anticipated family visit, feeling sorry for him.  Has a loved one ever been allowed to visit Ponderosa?  That was a strange video, so much of Joe and his sister, rather than his interactions with the other cast offs.

• Love 1

Wow is JP dull. Desi and Cole had far more to say about his departure and arrival at Ponderosa then JP did. And JP is doing very limited media. I know Rob Has a Podcast is emailing three questions for JP to answer. He is so bland that he is a nonentity in his own Ponderosa.

• Love 2

The one thing I took from JP's Ponderosa was his comment that now it was time to get back into shape.  Young man, ahem, you were in pretty fine shape as you said those words.  In fact, I laughed aloud as you said that (and my husband of thirty years asked why I laughed, and told him 'inside joke' because the truth might have hurt.)

• Love 1