Type keyword(s) to search

S35: Ponderosa

LadyChatts
  • Start Topic

21 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I thought JP's ep was hilarious. When he said "I don't think that made any sense," I was rolling. 

Do the jurors always get to have their family members visit? I don't remember them ever showing that. I wish we could've seen Desi, Cole, and JP's family members, too.

Yeah, that seemed really unusual.  I wonder what the story is there.   Maybe they had just flown all the "loved ones" out and she was the only one not connected to someone still in the game?  Still I don't think they've ever done it before.

• Love 2

I think we have the love ones visit next week and Joe's sister was there for the visit so they let him see her. She would have known he was voted out when she did not participate in the reunion. It might be that their meeting happened at the same time as the reunion was being shot. I think it was nice that they showed us but I am not sure that it is telling about Joe's time at Ponderosa. He seems to really like Desi and Cole so I can imagine that his time with them was fine but there was also the comment that he was still loud and brash. That might not have gone over well with the more low key JP and even Desi.

We have seen them give Ponderosa folks letters from home and the videos when they had those, so I am sure that it is not unusual to allow the family member to visit if they are there at the time.

• Love 2
On 12/1/2017 at 8:22 AM, ProfCrash said:

I am not sure that it is telling about Joe's time at Ponderosa.

Perhaps the producers and editors fell asleep watching goings on at Ponderosa and added Joe's sister for something different.  

Especially as the 20somethings plan to explore the island and do a lot of climbing.  Pretty to photograph, but not much of a story or arc there.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, enoughcats said:

Perhaps the producers and editors fell asleep watching goings on at Ponderosa and added Joe's sister for something different.  

Especially as the 20somethings plan to explore the island and do a lot of climbing.  Pretty to photograph, but not much of a story or arc there.

I would prefer to watch that then the drinking and lounging at the pool that they have shown in past years. I would rather see the beauty of Fiji and how Desi, Cole and JP were enjoying it.

1 hour ago, ProfCrash said:

I would prefer to watch that then the drinking and lounging at the pool that they have shown in past years. I would rather see the beauty of Fiji and how Desi, Cole and JP were enjoying it.

I used to like when each bootie got 2 or 3 Ponderosa videos. I guess we are lucky we still get them. So far it looks like everyone is fine with each other. Desi, Cole & JP were basically all the same age. Joe was next and no one seemed to have a problem with him either. In theory, there aren't any problem people this season. LOL!! The only one I'd be curious to see at Ponderosa is Chrissy. She's been getting trashed by some of her cast members but Desi is the only one of the females who is on the jury. Of course, Chrissy could make the finals and we wouldn't get to see any true interaction with them together. That's the one thing I do hate about the Ponderosa videos. They never show the Final 2/3 coming back to Ponderosa after the Final Tribal Council. I guess they feel it would show who the possible winner is. I want to say that Survivor: One World with Kim, Chelsea & Sabrina returning to Ponderosa is the last time that happened. I could be wrong though.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ByaNose said:

They never show the Final 2/3 coming back to Ponderosa after the Final Tribal Council.

I hate that they stopped showing that. And I too liked when there were a couple vids for each person. I just really like Ponderosa in general and wish we could see more of it.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

He is currently in paramedic school to become a healer. ?

Ah, thanks.  To me that says he's the least fame ho-ish of them all, if he's passing on the interviews.  How hard is it to take a day off to talk to people?  Not that I care, good for him for this metaphorical finger to the show.  

8 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I don’t ever remember people who were on the jury having family members visit.

I imagine a lot of things happen that we just aren't shown.  I always figured that once someone's voted out, any family they have on site is welcome to spend time with them because why not?  And it must happen every season.  I'm guessing if the show flies you out for the family ep, they probably put you up for 3-7 days, for your trouble.  I would for sure not want to film the one ep then fly back home.  And the logical place for the family is Ponderosa.  

10 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Ah, thanks.  To me that says he's the least fame ho-ish of them all, if he's passing on the interviews.  How hard is it to take a day off to talk to people?  Not that I care, good for him for this metaphorical finger to the show.  

I imagine a lot of things happen that we just aren't shown.  I always figured that once someone's voted out, any family they have on site is welcome to spend time with them because why not?  And it must happen every season.  I'm guessing if the show flies you out for the family ep, they probably put you up for 3-7 days, for your trouble.  I would for sure not want to film the one ep then fly back home.  And the logical place for the family is Ponderosa.  

But he did a few interviews except Rob's podcast.

9 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I don’t ever remember people who were on the jury having family members visit.

Probably just a timing thing.  Notifying, making job and travel arrangements, packing, and flying someone 1/3 of the way around the world has to take 2 or 3 days in and of itself - and on a show with an eviction vote every 3 days, it’s unavoidable sometimes you’ll have a family member disembarking their Fiji flight just as their relation is getting voted off.  Add to that the total incentive for the family member to make the trip in the first place was to see their loved one (even if only for a little while) AND the show might land in some legal hot water if this person misses paychecks for a Production promise upon which it doesn’t deliver, and the occasional loved one Ponderosa visit becomes an inevitability.

2 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I am not sure which ones he did. I know he did not do RHAP, I am guessing he did not do a bunch of them and only hit the major interviews. But I have not gone searching for interviews this year because I am just not that interested in what they have to say. And in past years I found that they say the same thing in all the interviews so there really is no point in seeking them all out.

45 minutes ago, ProfCrash said:

I am not sure which ones he did. I know he did not do RHAP, I am guessing he did not do a bunch of them and only hit the major interviews. But I have not gone searching for interviews this year because I am just not that interested in what they have to say. And in past years I found that they say the same thing in all the interviews so there really is no point in seeking them all out.

Are you talking about when they have revisionist history after the game? LOL!!!!

• Love 1
4 hours ago, piequinn35 said:

I can't blame him.  They are sooooo long.  ; )

They are contractually obligated to do press interviews after they get voted out so theoretically if one were to refuse to do them would probably forfeit some cash. I am sure CBS does allow some leeway in cases such as this where the players might have conflicts

Edited by LanceM

What a nice Ponderosa. She had every reason to beat herself up but didn't seem to be doing that. Loved the crabbing stuff, it looks like she went out a few times, since at least one shot was just her in the boat. Joe is an interesting character. His slightly snide comments make me think he has the potential to be a bitter juror. Desi, Cole and JP seem to be pretty chill still. I wonder if the three of them were off climbing stuff and whatever, Joe was hanging out on his own, and Lauren was crabbing.

• Love 1

Lauren, what a nifty woman.  She will be asked back when they do an all stars for sure.  

Did Joe look at his breakfast of pancakes, avocado, toast and rice and say this must be 200 calories?   Lol 

ETA. Yep he did!

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, ByaNose said:

So, is after watching Lauren's Ponderosa I'm trying to decide what she'll be called for first. Blood vs. Water III or All-Stars?

I had forgotten her sister wanted to be cast but didn't make the cut.  My only wish is to start out with 2 tribes and blood vs water would do that.  

Why are they wearing matching tank tops, even at tribal?  Did the show lose all their luggage, except Desi's?  

What are they calling Joe that sounds like cheapie-cheapie or see-bee gee-bee?  

I like JP's hair better short, and I never like anyone's hair better short.  

34 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

Why are they wearing matching tank tops, even at tribal?  Did the show lose all their luggage, except Desi's?  

I think the jury is just having fun and showing the castaways that. They've done similar things on other season, too. I like curly hairy JP. It looks like he went back to shaving his chest, too. I hadn't realized it but in his pre game interviews and videos at Ponderosa he was a little heavier, not tan and had no chest hair. That all changed during the game since he was there a pretty long time. I prefer silent JP in the game tan & curly hair. I'm weird that way. LOL!!!

30 minutes ago, Winston9-DT3 said:

It sounded like cheapie-cheapie, which is what he said Lauren's traps must be. Either she took that and made a joke of it or that's something he says a lot.

What a nice Ponderosa. She had every reason to beat herself up but didn't seem to be doing that. Loved the crabbing stuff, it looks like she went out a few times, since at least one shot was just her in the boat. Joe is an interesting character. His slightly snide comments make me think he has the potential to be a bitter juror. Desi, Cole and JP seem to be pretty chill still. I wonder if the three of them were off climbing stuff and whatever, Joe was hanging out on his own, and Lauren was crabbing.

Considering the circumstances (having an idol in her hands and giving half to Mike/getting every single vote on her side and getting bounced anyway, etc), I wouldn't have blamed her for being bitter or regretful, but she didn't seem to be at all. Compare that with the Andrew Savages who spend 10 years being upset about their ouster in the game (despite having an extremely comfortable real life), her attitude was extremely refreshing. 

She really had a shot at winning this thing based on the way people responded to her at Ponderosa. 

• Love 3

How much do I love Lauren?  The weird thing is that with a lot of the people I root for or like on Survivor, there's still a distance, like I'm still watching someone on TV, but there's something so direct and personable about Lauren, like I already know her in real life.  She's just so damn authentic.

I think she totally would have won, and I hope she gets another chance.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I think the jury is just having fun and showing the castaways that. They've done similar things on other season, too. I like curly hairy JP. It looks like he went back to shaving his chest, too. I hadn't realized it but in his pre game interviews and videos at Ponderosa he was a little heavier, not tan and had no chest hair. That all changed during the game since he was there a pretty long time. I prefer silent JP in the game tan & curly hair. I'm weird that way. LOL!!!

Why would he shave his chest?! lol, once in a while we see a shirtless JP in Ponderosa!

Like most people, JP looked better on the island.

5 hours ago, Special K said:

How much do I love Lauren?  The weird thing is that with a lot of the people I root for or like on Survivor, there's still a distance, like I'm still watching someone on TV, but there's something so direct and personable about Lauren, like I already know her in real life.  She's just so damn authentic.

This! I really want to be her friend. She would be really fun to just sit and talk with, I think. 

• Love 2

Re: loved ones visit @ Ponderosa

I recall that this was discussed in a post season interview for Game Changers.  Loved ones did visit Ponderosa then. I don't think it was filmed, though.  

I wonder if if they filmed this one because the cat was let out of the bag in that interview (prior to that, I don't think it was ever spoken about; it seemed like tptb wanted contestants to think being in the game was the only way to see family) or if the family visit really helped turn Joe's attitude around and might better explain how he behaves in Final Tribal Council.

10 hours ago, Scatterbrained said:

I wonder if if they filmed this one because the cat was let out of the bag in that interview

I would imagine they finally realized no one really cares so if that's the best footage they have of someone, why not use it. 

I always figured most of the family members just stayed until the game ended to see their loved ones anyway.  It was day 31.  I'd wait around if I went halfway around the world for it.  

Yeah I am not surprised Ashley got over the Devon vote.  This happens a lot after the person voting out gets to process what just happened.  I had to laugh at her struggling to figure out what Her "ponderosa thing" was going to be.

• Love 1

Ashley trying to find her "thing."  Cute.  And funny.  "You want me to drown?"  "Well, yes, but that's not the point of my Ponderosa video."  Ha!  She said some very insightful things at the end.  Smart girl.  And very pretty.

• Love 9

OK,  the whole finding a thing bit was great. I loved JP's "looking for dolphins, we have seen none." Loved the Cole conversation where Ashley tells him that he had all those cool things because he was there longer then she was. Love the Joe and the drowning thing. LOL Cole trying to hide behind the bush reminded me of my five year old playing hide and go seek.

It was fun to watch.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, ProfCrash said:

OK,  the whole finding a thing bit was great. I loved JP's "looking for dolphins, we have seen none." Loved the Cole conversation where Ashley tells him that he had all those cool things because he was there longer then she was. Love the Joe and the drowning thing. LOL Cole trying to hide behind the bush reminded me of my five year old playing hide and go seek.

It was fun to watch.

That was a cute Ponderosa. My favorite part was Joe asking if she wanted him to drown and she responded with "yes, but that has nothing to do with finding my thing..." Joe and Cole both come across so much more likeable in Ponderosa than they did in the game. Actually, Ashley did too. She didn't get enough screen time to really show any personality. 

Lauren's video autoplayed after this one and I totally forgot my favorite part of hers...the Titanic movie reference. If you had told me ahead of time that someone was going to compare their arrival at Ponderosa to Rose going to heaven and seeing Jack on the staircase of the Titanic, I would never in a million years have guessed that it would be Lauren.

• Love 7

Ashley said in her interview that JP is lovable, though Lauren said he has no personality, I think Ashley has a crush on JP, they could be a nice (power) couple that both love the ocean, but she lives in Florida and he lives in Cali.

On 12/14/2017 at 7:08 AM, ProfCrash said:

I laughed at the weight part. They gave her both numbers and she came out with 10 pound lost and it was really 16. heheheh

Well, she did say something like "That's not a whole lot more than ten..."

I think she's adorable but the 'find my thing' thing seemed phony to me.  I can see her and the Ponderosa director spending 3 minutes discussing her thing and deciding 'let's make that your thing!'  I mean, 'all the good things are taken'?  Crabbing and pageant walking?  I could've watched Ashley do yoga on the beach for the whole seven minutes.