Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E25: Heaven Sent

• Start Topic

“He loves her, she loves him, I hate them both!” As do I, as do I.

I’m a young person so I know what Spotify is but.. like Dave it’s hard to explain what it is. So yeah. Not very helpful. Sorry about that.

Again.. this is where it’s like the seasons were too long, they were running out of things for an episode because.. wow these episodes are so boring.

I don’t know if Smith Jarred gets any better to tell you the truth. I know him from SATC and then b&S and he pretty much plays the same character. He’s an actor in both those shows and he’s character is pretty much the same storylines as it is on this show.

• Love 2

Brandon and Kelly sure are made for each other, given they like to kiss people who are in relationships/while they are in relationships themselves.  I mean, Brandon has one foot out the door, but still, not cool.

It's nice Steve got to clap back at Claire even a little.  I'm gonna miss Claire when she's gone, though.

That David/Donna "anniversary" moment was definitely a retcon/never happened on-screen.

• Love 1

Maybe art imitates life: Jason Lewis was supposed to be a regular but when they saw his "work" they sent him packing.

Also, the 90s trend of buttoning only the top button of a cardigan made me FURIOUS as a large-chested gal. Does not work for us.

• Love 3

Is that floor buffer blind?

I'm not one for schmoopy anniversary stuff so David's stupid picnic in the stupid Peach Pit After Dark can kick rocks. I would be so annoyed if I were Donna. You called me away from studying for this?

• Love 1

LVP hs got to be Mariah. For writing a stupid book about angels (barf), for assuring Brandon how great he is and last but not least for being totally inappropriate: it is just not okay to show up a a person’s life and tell him he’s dating the wrong person. We know that he doesn’t give a shit about Tracy, but it is really not her place to give advice about that. Just think it and shut up about it, you don’t know any of the people involved and you’re talking to angels. Idiot.

And also: was it really this season that Brandon was in Texas. It seems longer.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

I wonder if Clare got booted off the show or if she chose to leave.. my guess is she got booted because her relationship with Steve was due to end and they had nothing left for her.

4 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Oh I think Kathleen Robertson probably wanted out.

I'd say the latter, given that running out of storylines doesn't mean the end of other characters. Except maybe Dead Scott.

Also, I listen to the pod while driving on a busy parkway. Not good for moments like when Sarah imitates Smith Jared's voice. I laughed so hard I had tears.

• Love 2

Brandon and Kelly sure are made for each other, given they like to kiss people who are in relationships/while they are in relationships themselves.  I mean, Brandon has one foot out the door, but still, not cool.

Truly, how many times can they cheat on their partners so casually?! Is there some "soulmate exemption" w/r/t kissing people that I haven't been informed of?

• Love 2

this "anniversary" is total bullshit. I could see him celebrating when they went to the dance for the first time and "came out" as a couple. That was around December, right when Steve went back to New Mexico on a bus (Horror!) to find his mom. But that is also right near Donna's birthday when David broke up with her at their 2 year anniversary because he just couldn't do the no sex thing. So really... all his anniversaries suck, right?
During Jackie and Mel's wedding, Brenda was irritating everyone about her "couples drama" and even threw a shady comment like "even Donna and David are more of a couple than non-existent Jake/Kelly".

Also, this is that contrivance we all talk about, just freaking tell her that you have dinner planned for her-- maybe that would change her mind. Don't play the "I'm having a breakdown" just to get her over to eat. WTF is wrong with everyone?

• Love 2

Late (spoiler), cheating comes back again and this time it isn't the "complicated" situation that it's always presented to be.  I guess it's only complicated and ok if Kelly is cheating-- in that case she's just exploring her feelings.  Insert full body eye roll here.

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Nanna said:

Relatedly, I'm pretty sure Brandon didn't talk to Mariah about Kelly in the season premiere.  He was, IIRC, still sore about his breakup with Susan.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Don't blame her at all. 

8 hours ago, CurlyATX said:

Late (spoiler), cheating comes back again and this time it isn't the "complicated" situation that it's always presented to be.  I guess it's only complicated and ok if Kelly is cheating-- in that case she's just exploring her feelings.  Insert full body eye roll here.

It's apparently okay for Donna and Kelly to cheat. 

11 hours ago, Nanna said:

LVP hs got to be Mariah. For writing a stupid book about angels (barf), for assuring Brandon how great he is and last but not least for being totally inappropriate: it is just not okay to show up a a person’s life and tell him he’s dating the wrong person. We know that he doesn’t give a shit about Tracy, but it is really not her place to give advice about that. Just think it and shut up about it, you don’t know any of the people involved and you’re talking to angels. Idiot.

If it was about the Angels of Anaheim, I might read that. But yes LVP. Though it would be more on point if she told him to date Donna cause Saint Donna and all that. 

• Love 1
17 hours ago, StatMom said:

I'd say the latter, given that running out of storylines doesn't mean the end of other characters. Except maybe Dead Scott.

Also, I listen to the pod while driving on a busy parkway. Not good for moments like when Sarah imitates Smith Jared's voice. I laughed so hard I had tears.

The actor who played Scott wanted out. They didn't run out of storylines for him.

I guess you guys may not know about Maia Campbell these days (Mariah). She's basically homeless now, addicted to drugs and has a missing tooth. She may also have untreated bipolar disorder. There are videos on YouTube of people that ran into her. She is a mess. It's really sad to see.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Racj82 said:

The actor who played Scott wanted out. They didn't run out of storylines for him.

I guess you guys may not know about Maia Campbell these days (Mariah). She's basically homeless now, addicted to drugs and has a missing tooth. She may also have untreated bipolar disorder. There are videos on YouTube of people that ran into her. She is a mess. It's really sad to see.

I made an account (longtime listener of the podcast) just to post this. It’s extremely sad. She lives in atl where I live and I recently saw some new videos of her. Its really bad. It’s so sad how far she has fallen. I used to think she was absolutely stunning when I was younger. Smh.  

As for Tracy...I don’t even understand why she wants to be with Brandon so badly. She literally never even looks happy in any scene with him. 

• Love 2
20 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Relatedly, I'm pretty sure Brandon didn't talk to Mariah about Kelly in the season premiere.  He was, IIRC, still sore about his breakup with Susan.

Yea that made no sense . After he and Susan broke up , somehow there was never a mention about her but everything was brought back to his love for Kelly and even Mariah said that that was all Brandon talked about even though he was clearly in love with Susan .  Right after Susan and him broke up he went to Texas and spoke about Kelly ? I don't buy it . 

18 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yea that made no sense . After he and Susan broke up , somehow there was never a mention about her but everything was brought back to his love for Kelly

Susan had the audacity to put her career options first (SHE TOOK THE JOB!) so she was dead to Brandon.  After Brandon literally gave Susan the kiss-off on the boat, he went drinking with Steve, which got him all caught up with nabbing Colin.  Then they had a conversation after Colin was arrested when they were back at Casa Walsh about bad timing and implying they still had feelings for each other then.  So I don't find it that it that odd that he talked to Mariah about Kelly instead of Susan. 

• Love 1
On 11/7/2017 at 2:48 AM, SoupThrower said:

A part of me wanted me to have David throw the dinner but for either Val or Clare. 

yeah  but that would mean that the writers remembered that David and Clare were a couple, which they clearly didn't.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Earmuffs Mom said:

Susan had the audacity to put her career options first (SHE TOOK THE JOB!) so she was dead to Brandon.  

eh I side with Brandon on this one. He turned  his career offer down for her because she was bitching about not spending the summer together. I would have bugged out much worse than he did if she TOOK THE JOB! after yelling at him for taking his.

• Love 1

I have to think she wanted to leave.  I mean, while I know Janet was not an exact Claire clone (and Carly was briefly in the picture before Janet), I thought the Steve/Janet storylines were very similar to the ones he had with Claire, so it wasn't as though they really shook things up with Steve. 

I thought they chose not to pick up his option for the second season.  However, as kind of a parting gift, he was brought back in a recurring role so they could do the gun episode and have it be more meaningful by killing off a character the audience knew.  Am I wrong? 

And seriously, Tracey.  Brandon is not worth it.  Dump him.  He barely acts like he can tolerate you.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ZeroDiscipline said:

What has always enraged me about the Tracey character is that she is made out to be paranoid and clingy, yet SHE WAS EXACTLY RIGHT THE ENTIRE TIME ABOUT KELLY AND BRANDON AND ESPECIALLY BRANDON.

Yeah but I think what was most annoying about her character was the reality of most 21 year old relationships . He treated her like crap and was in love with someone else , yet wouldn't take a hint and move on .. I felt her character was a realistic one which I liked , but it was still an annoying character 

• Love 4

Since my commute is so insane, I listened to the opening of this season (again) which is where we meet the angel loving Mariah.  Brandon clearly goes on about how he's been recovering from Susan over this trip and doesn't know what he's going to do since he can't go back to the paper (even though she's left school to be in campaign 96).  But, again, all through the past seasons, Kelly and Brandon keep giving themselves awards of merit for not cheating on their current love interests (like on Thanksgiving). 

On a side note, there is an old episode where our hosts go down a rabbit hole talking about various foods (@Sarah D. Bunting's annual apple birthday pie) and @GlarkTheUser suggest a side episode where they talk about all the food of 90210.  Given how BORING the episodes will become, this may be something viable... free mega burgers, pies, that sandwich that Dylan wanted to eat vs having sex with Brenda in Season 3, burritos (to help a figure skater learn to be a kid),  flautas (to end racism), delicious cumin.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Jaclyn88 said:

Yeah but I think what was most annoying about her character was the reality of most 21 year old relationships . He treated her like crap and was in love with someone else , yet wouldn't take a hint and move on .. I felt her character was a realistic one which I liked , but it was still an annoying character 

True, Tracey reminded me of so many girls I went to college with, you are right that she was very real and I liked that too. But it seems like they lay on pretty thick that Tracey was always worried about Kelly swooping in and stealing stupid Brandon from her clutches. And then she would talk about her feelings and Brandon and Kelly would assure her that they didn't want to get back together and then they would give each other fuck me eyes and then be all "What's up Tracey? Jeez we weren't doing anything you're crazy. Let's go to Hong Kong, where I am going to tell my dad I don't even like you that much. Why are you so paranoid?"

1 hour ago, CurlyATX said:

On a side note, there is an old episode where our hosts go down a rabbit hole talking about various foods (@Sarah D. Bunting's annual apple birthday pie) and @GlarkTheUser suggest a side episode where they talk about all the food of 90210.  Given how BORING the episodes will become, this may be something viable... free mega burgers, pies, that sandwich that Dylan wanted to eat vs having sex with Brenda in Season 3, burritos (to help a figure skater learn to be a kid),  flautas (to end racism), delicious cumin.

Aspic, which Ray is too poor to have ever seen in person.

• Love 1
On 11/8/2017 at 1:57 PM, ZeroDiscipline said:

What has always enraged me about the Tracey character is that she is made out to be paranoid and clingy, yet SHE WAS EXACTLY RIGHT THE ENTIRE TIME ABOUT KELLY AND BRANDON AND ESPECIALLY BRANDON.

Tracey deserved a lot better than being dumped by Brandon.

16 hours ago, oakville said:

Tracey deserved a lot better than being dumped by Brandon.

But what really made no sense was that Brandon saw a picture of Tracy in his drawer ( when him and Kelly were back together ) .. and got sentimental about her .. and then ran into her in Hawaii 😂
and then Kelly was jealous , thinking Brandon still wanted Tracy . Um , he never did . Hence he dumped her for you . 

• Love 3