Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

(edited)

Kelly said 23 were returning, and it’s 23 without Jinelle. I think Jinelle will move on to all stars and maybe that’s what they had the conversation with her in the office. They haven’t done an all star feature since Trisha Trevino days, so maybe it was her asking her to be an all star. 

Edited by HowdeeDo
  • Love 3
(edited)

I wonder why no pics of Lauren's swim suit fitting weren't posted?  Or at least none that I saw.  Was anyone else from the listed group not shown?

EDIT:  Didn't see Christina either.

Edited by go4luca
  • Love 1

In that 2-some photo Madeleine looked great. 

Some of those swimsuits are just too ugly for words.  It's almost as if the "designer" was trying to make a beautiful female with a beautiful body look very unattractive.   I'm not sure Kelsey L.  would have looked good in some of those suits.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, PrincessLeia said:

Oh my goodness. This is concerning scary skinny. 

She practically has no boobs...or the fit make it look that way.  Gracious.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, parrotfeathers said:

In that 2-some photo Madeleine looked great. 

Some of those swimsuits are just too ugly for words.  It's almost as if the "designer" was trying to make a beautiful female with a beautiful body look very unattractive.   I'm not sure Kelsey L.  would have looked good in some of those suits.

Lol, that girl could make a burlap sack look good haha

• Love 4

My predictions on who will have some of best swimsuit photos ... based on figure. Tess, Alexis, Savanna, Lacey, Tasha, Kayln.  Based on cuteness or beauty,  Yuko, Kashara, Molly, 

I think Gina will either be a wow shocker in a good way or a disaster, she just has an interesting look and well we shall see.

Oh and I agree the swimsuits are awful so far!  My favorite all time swimsuit worn was Tricia T. maybe 2006 or 2007 when she wore a white bikini top was triangle and bottom was white ruffled skirt it was so cute!! 

• Love 3

Still haven't seen any of Lauren's swimsuit fittings but Christina posted this one on her insta story.

I really can't stand the yellow suit on Tess.

christina_riccelli_2_5_2018_8_28_55_588.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 8.33.28 AM.png

• Love 1

No offense to Keyra, and it may be the way she is posing in the one picture, but she does look a little soft in the middle, and thicker in behind and thighs. I wonder if she might be cut for weight issues. I think she looks good, but in the DCC World, she may not be considered fit enough for the uniform. Christina and Lexie look great. Do not care for the swimsuits they have picked out for the girls.

(edited)

I am shocked at how many of them have ribs showing ....concerned !!!!  Then there the other end of the spectrum mushy soft girls .  Would love to see healthy, fit young ladies not this.  Breaks my heart !

Edited by lfedncr
Misspelled
  • Love 5
(edited)

I agree! A little meat on the bone is not bad. I remembered being thin, and people thought I had an eating disorder. I have actually gotten complements from people after I started putting on weight.

Edited by bigskygirl

I said the same thing about Keyra yesterday. Especially compared to Amy who is scarily thin in her swimsuit. Sad part is I don't think Keyra is big. She just has curves which would appeal to men who like that look. But I could totally see her being in danger because of it.  I like Tess, the color suits her. But I want to take scissors to the dangly part on it. Christina and Lexie look good, but Lord Christina looks like she is not even breathing. 

• Love 5

A lot of them concern me.  I grasp the prerequisite of looking good in the uniform but some of them look unhealthy.  Not sure if they went overboard getting ready for the bikini fittings and auditions, but I'd love to feed them a sandwich or three.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, go4luca said:

A lot of them concern me.  I grasp the prerequisite of looking good in the uniform but some of them look unhealthy.  Not sure if they went overboard getting ready for the bikini fittings and auditions, but I'd love to feed them a sandwich or three.

A couple of sandwiches , ice cream and French fries ?

• Love 1
2 hours ago, lfedncr said:

I am shocked at how many of them have ribs showing ....concerned !!!!  Then there the other end of the spectrum mushy soft girls .  Would love to see healthy, fit young ladies not this.  Breaks my heart !

Absolutely. This may be the first time that I’m thinking that a vet should get cut for being scarily thin, rather than being soft (I personally don’t think Keyra looks much different than she did last year, but I would need to see additional pics.”). Amy, especially is concerning IMO. I think she’s a cute girl, but she looks way too thin to the point where I don’t find her attractive. 

• Love 5
59 minutes ago, lfedncr said:

Tess concerns me ,  she is looking very thin for her size !

I think they all get that way for swimsuit.  They do juice fasts, low carb diets and weight training.  After it's over, they gain back a few pounds.  Some gain back too much which is why they've shown up "heavy" at auditions.

• Love 1

She does not seem to be like that to me, but then again, I am going by what I see on a show and social media. I think there are a few current DCCs who have the entitled diva attitude.

(edited)
48 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I'm praying Christina doesn't make it back.  Ugh.  Her nickname on the squad is ED for "entitled diva"

I could easily see her going this way (and Amy Simone if she'd made the squad that year), though I've also heard she's pleasant to be around which could mean she's great when there are management eyes on her, but when there aren't, she's the one person in the room you absolutely don't want to be around due to her "all eyes MUST be on me to appreciate how GREAT I am."  It could also be that, now that she's finally on the squad, she thinks she deserves it because she's "worked so hard to be there" and everyone else hasn't so they don't deserve to be in her presence.  I'm likely exaggerating this and she could be the sweetest girl on the squad and people hate her guts because she's so nice, but I wouldn't be surprised if she knows/guesses she's only going to get one year.

32 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

She does not seem to be like that to me, but then again, I am going by what I see on a show and social media. I think there are a few current DCCs who have the entitled diva attitude.

For most of us, that's all we have to go on and most people are going to put the best side of themselves forward in the hopes that, not only will people like them, but that they'll get likes/jobs/etc.  It's only when we know more about the situation and what that person is actually like that we can make a decision for ourselves.  I'd like to know these girls better but I'm nowhere near Dallas or the dance scene so all I have to go on is what's shown on CMT, what's on social media and what's posted here. 

For me, I think Christina is only going to get one year on the squad because she was one of the "feel-good" stories last season and wouldn't have had a chance if Holly and Erica hadn't pulled their antics.  She would REALLY have to show up stronger than almost ANYONE else out there to even think about making the squad again and I have to really question if she can.  We've seen girls who are FAR better dancers, are prettier, and are stronger overall as a DCC (personal opinion here) cut after their first year, but this year, I wouldn't be surprised if things go one of two ways: there's either a bloodbath at Finals and we see a LOT of girls cut or pretty much everyone makes it back onto the squad with only the absolute weakest getting cut. 

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1

Keyra just doesn’t have a swimsuit body. Her thighs don’t even look muscular, she actually looks pretty flabby in the quads. At least in that pic.

Christina is getting pretty skinny too.... starting to look like a bobble head. But Amy is the scariest. 

• Love 3
7 hours ago, go4luca said:

Still haven't seen any of Lauren's swimsuit fittings but Christina posted this one on her insta story.

I really can't stand the yellow suit on Tess.

christina_riccelli_2_5_2018_8_28_55_588.jpg

Screen Shot 2018-05-02 at 8.33.28 AM.png

Lexi has such a long torso, or maybe that bottom is just itty bitty! I keep picturing Kelli and the tailor (can’t recall her name!) with a tape measure looking at the ratio from belly button to the top of the shorts ? Gorgeous girl and figure on point, though! 

I hope they find a great pose for Keyra, because I think her figure is cute...just compact and muscular like a gymnast. She might get one of those from the back topless ones? I think they’re down to two BG, so Khalyn will for sure get a pic (she’s one of the best models from an editorial point of view anyway) but maybe room for Keyra too? How many non-white girls normally make the calendar? 

Seems like such a weird question to ask, but heaven knows we all know they like to balance the looks.

My quick google search shows that it’s generally just one woman of color unless there’s an ambiguous brunette available. 2011/2012 featured Mia, Sasha and Jackie Bob so not a hard and fast rule. I couldn’t find the back of 2018 tho.

• Love 4

I think Keyra looks fine. She’s built differently than the other girls and is more stocky (like Vivian was). If anything, she’s gained a bit in her middle judging from older pictures on Instagram. Nothing the post-shoot edits can’t fix.

A lot of the swimsuits are really terrible though. Pointless extra straps and tassels.

• Love 5
46 minutes ago, kalibean said:

Lexi has such a long torso, or maybe that bottom is just itty bitty! I keep picturing Kelli and the tailor (can’t recall her name!) with a tape measure looking at the ratio from belly button to the top of the shorts ? Gorgeous girl and figure on point, though! 

Wow she really does! Look how much higher her belly button is than christina’s though they are close to same height ??

• Love 2
53 minutes ago, kareika said:

Jinelle's instagram story had a shot of bathing suits and the #biminibliss hashtag ...I need to know what is happening!!!!!!

I think she was there to lend support 

• Love 1
(edited)

They are all terrifyingly skinny.  I think keyra  looks the best.  Everyone else I’ve seen are 110 or under. #shameonthecowboys

Edited by Runnergrl37
Edit to say I meant keyra
  • Love 9

Keyra may look good to us, but remember the uniform is unforgiving. Her shape and curves remind me of Kandi Harris, and I bet if Kandi was to try out again with the same shape she had before she would not have made the team. Going to be interesting to see if Keyra makes it back with the way she looks now. I would rather see girls with  some meat on the bones, but I am not a judge or Judy, Kelli and Charlotte.

(edited)

Saw this on Gina's live.  Do you think she is referencing their year-end banquet?  As in being tomorrow?

ginaligi_2_5_2018_18_33_45_270.jpg

Edited by go4luca
typo
13 minutes ago, go4luca said:

Saw this on Gina's live.  Do you think she is referencing their year-end banquet?  As in being tomorrow?

She’s gonna have a killer dress if she had the stylists at Tootsies help her shop! 

I wonder if Gina's sister ever plans to audition for DCC. She's got one more year to go on the ShowGirls. Maybe after that. It would be interesting to have sisters on the team again.

• Love 3
11 minutes ago, Emma C said:

image.png.4d9a45f00b3a4667f02014e1762d7cd5.png

Christina looks like Mackenzie Lee!!

I think all their bodies are amazing. I would love to look like any of them on their "fat" days!

Oh totally. I went bathing suit shopping yesterday and bought a really nice coverup instead. ?All the cute swimsuits are made for people who are way skinnier than I am and don’t have a deformed c section tummy. To be 25 again!

• Love 5
12 hours ago, go4luca said:

Looks that way to me!  :)

14 hours ago, kalibean said:

I hope they find a great pose for Keyra, because I think her figure is cute...just compact and muscular like a gymnast.

At 1st I thought she looked pretty bad in the middle, but then if you look at her bikini bottom she doesn't even have a semblance of a muffin top, which you'd see if she was jiggly.

• Love 3
19 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

We've seen girls who are FAR better dancers, are prettier, and are stronger overall as a DCC (personal opinion here) cut after their first year

Remember, Kelli likes to have "types" who have appeal in certain ways.  IMO Christina is the "Sporty Spice" of the DCCs.

• Love 3
25 minutes ago, ByTor said:

Remember, Kelli likes to have "types" who have appeal in certain ways.  IMO Christina is the "Sporty Spice" of the DCCs.

Love it!  That is exactly what I have been calling her since she got that haircut!

• Love 1

Does this pose mean something? I've seen other girls do this before. I remember Jenna or someone doing it in the little blue star dress when Kelli was clearing out the costume closet at Valley Ranch.

18 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Does this pose mean something? I've seen other girls do this before. I remember Jenna or someone doing it in the little blue star dress when Kelli was clearing out the costume closet at Valley Ranch.

The pose is the twin dancing emoji.  Love it, they are so cute.

19 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Probably a play on the emoji: ?‍♀️