Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

Supposedly all of the rookies (except Alexandria and Kalyssa) are going to audition, but, like the veterans, who exactly will show up at Finals remains to be seen unless the girls themselves say something on social media.  Also, just because they show up to Finals does not mean that they'll make it to Training Camp.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, dccfan204 said:

So as of right now who do you think is coming back?                           

like someone else said, all the remaining rookies will reaudition...we know Amy L and Kash...Lacey.  

i'm not confident on guessing anyone else LOL 

12 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

like someone else said, all the remaining rookies will reaudition...we know Amy L and Kash...Lacey.  

i'm not confident on guessing anyone else LOL 

Selina and Heather said they are coming back.  I heard Robin is not coming back.

• Love 1

Hmmm . . . revisiting the weight thing briefly, I just watched the uniform fitting scene from Season 10, especially when they had both Emily and Colby on.  Kelli thought that both girls were too thin and, when talking to Colby, Kelly measured and weighed her, saying "We'll give you about 5'9".  Girls that are your height are around 136."  Do any of the taller girls look like they're 136 to anyone?  I remember Jay saying way (or would that be weigh) back in one of the early seasons that they've never had a girl weigh over 140 (maybe 150) in Training Camp before.  I can't access either Seasons 1 or 2 (and the 2-hour special is completely unavailable for most of us) so I can't go back and watch them to see exactly what he said. 

Much of the literature I've read (and I don't do BMI because that is notoriously inaccurate and doesn't take into account a person's frame size or anything other than height and weight) says to start at 100 pounds for a woman at 5'0" and add five pounds for every inch in height (plus 10% for someone with a large build; I would assume they would also subtract 10% for someone with a slight or slender frame) so someone at 5'8 should be around 140 (if they're heavier frame, like me, that could be up to 154) and someone 5'9 would be around 145 (or up to 159).  I think they said Colby was around 126 so, while she was slim for that height, I wouldn't know how gaining weight would change how she would look since people don't gain or lose weight evenly depending on how their bodies look.  It might be interesting.

I've used this weight chart to rough in an ideal for my own goals, but it's still not necessarily in keeping with DCC fit (I think Kelli referenced girls at my height (5'3-5'4) to be around 108 lbs on average, whereas the chart puts 111 lbs as the lowest healthy weight for a 5'3 girl with a small frame).  If Colby was at 5'9 and 126 lbs with a small frame, she would be just a bit under the chart's range.  I thought Colby was lovely, but I think her makeup aged her, and she seemed to have some serious dehydration going on.  I'm a skincare nerd, and I desperately wanted to chase after her with some moisturizer ?

http://www.superskinnyme.com/ideal_weight_calculator.html 

• Love 3
On 3/4/2018 at 12:29 PM, 5678Pixie said:

Kelsey started a new twitter  (she still has her DCC twiter also).  Maybe she is going to start a fashion or beauty line.  I doubt they can do that on their dcc twitters. 

Kelsey is a DCC who can sell anything.  I just bought a pair of the Alo (always happy to support an L.A. company) ripped leggings she featured in a recent Instagram pic.  Of course she looks stunning in them, whereas I will probably look like a sausage oozing out of its casing.

Edited by California Girl
  • Love 5

I'm curious if the show next season is going to address the fact that 4 people didn't finish out their terms.

ETA I don't know where I got 4 from I think it's 3...Alexandria, Milan, and Kalyssa.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 4
59 minutes ago, ByTor said:

I'm curious if the show next season is going to address the fact that 4 people didn't finish out their terms.

ETA I don't know where I got 4 from I think it's 3...Alexandria, Milan, and Kalyssa.

Highly doubt they will, they’ve had vets not finish the year or go “poof” before and not addressed it. 

• Love 4
6 minutes ago, HowdeeDo said:

Highly doubt they will, they’ve had vets not finish the year or go “poof” before and not addressed it. 

True...hence our questions about "left squad" on the squad photo.  I just wondered since there were so many this year, but I'm sure you're right that it won't be brought up.

Edited by ByTor
  • Love 2
3 hours ago, California Girl said:

Kelsey is a DCC who can sell anything.  I just bought a pair of the Alo (always happy to support an L.A. company) ripped leggings she featured in a recent Instagram pic.  Of course she looks stunning in them, whereas I will probably look like a sausage oozing out of its casing.

Plus she can do it WITH HER clothes on!

• Love 10

Forget the leggings, I want that corgi!!!!! 

Kelsey really has that IT factor. There is something so very likable about her. She doesn't have to be the most beautiful DCC or the best dancer or the smartest or whatever, but she's got a very positive energy that is infectious. I'd buy what she's selling. She just seems like someone I'd like to be friends with and I've always imagined that is the perfect DCC, someone other women want to be friends with and guys want to be more than friends with. lol

I have to say, if she started a clothes line, specifically if it's fitness wear, which I'd think she'd know a bit about, I'd be interested. 

• Love 7
6 hours ago, California Girl said:

She is going to Aruba soon.  Lucky girl!

• Love 2

I think I may have jinxed myself when I said my dream triangle would be Lacey, Maggie and Robyn.  Maggie's confirmed to be leaving, everyone is talking about how Robyn is potentially leaving and now I'm scared I may have put a curse on Lacey too.  Those three leaving would be heartbreaking to me!

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Stee said:

I'm scared I may have put a curse on Lacey too

Then stop saying it!!! ;-)

14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I've always imagined that is the perfect DCC, someone other women want to be friends with and guys want to be more than friends with.

I think you summarized that perfectly.

• Love 2

I am an RN, and I had to pass my nursing boards before I could practice. You can practice under another RN as a GN until you pass your boards. Not sure how she is working as a nurse if she didn't take and pass her NCLEX??? It's illegal for one thing. A law suit waiting to happen.

• Love 2
15 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Forget the leggings, I want that corgi!!!!! 

Kelsey really has that IT factor. There is something so very likable about her. She doesn't have to be the most beautiful DCC or the best dancer or the smartest or whatever, but she's got a very positive energy that is infectious. I'd buy what she's selling. She just seems like someone I'd like to be friends with and I've always imagined that is the perfect DCC, someone other women want to be friends with and guys want to be more than friends with. lol

I have to say, if she started a clothes line, specifically if it's fitness wear, which I'd think she'd know a bit about, I'd be interested. 

You summed this up perfectly! She is so pretty she could be really intimidating but she just continues to come across as sweet and down to earth and even dorky at times lol  I really like her with Brodie too.  He's got so many followers and famous friends and he's still down to earth too.  I hope they both keep their heads on straight because I just genuinely like them both. AND THE PUP!!! 

• Love 5
20 hours ago, ByTor said:

Haha, yea right!  They can’t tarnish the perfect brand by saying people would dare leave the utopian world of dcc.  So effing tired of this fake show.  They need to bring some realness into it and start addressing this shit. 

Edited by Runnergrl37
  • Love 2
On 3/9/2018 at 5:37 PM, RedDelicious said:

Christina looks really thin and really tan.

NOT a Christina fan at all, I am not sure what it is that bothers me about her... maybe all of her whining she did before she made the team just put a bad taste in my mouth. She doesn't look like a DCC to me 

Edited by mcmrdh
changed my mind... what I typed first was mean
  • Love 2

I REALLY want to like Christina, but, from what I've seen of her performing, she's not only one of the weaker dancers but she's inconsistent and almost seems like the only reason she's on the squad (besides Holly and Erica leaving) was because Kelli and Judy took pity on her.  Admittedly, I've only seen her on the show and bad YouTube videos that really don't focus on her over anyone else. 

I don't know about her or anyone else, but there are two things I know about me and competition: 1) I want to know I earned my spot in whatever it was, whether it's a job or Training camp (so no Fan Vote for me) and 2) I don't want to know or even THINK (or feel) that I got my position or spot due to someone else taking pity on me (see point 1).  If you don't think I deserve to be there, tell me so and let me go home to sob it out and decide if I want to try again or that it's not worth the heartache and pain.

Edited by EricaShadows
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

I REALLY want to like Christina, but, from what I've seen of her performing, she's not only one of the weaker dancers but she's inconsistent and almost seems like the only reason she's on the squad (besides Holly and Erica leaving) was because Kelli and Judy took pity on her.  Admittedly, I've only seen her on the show and bad YouTube videos that really don't focus on her over anyone else. 

I don't know about her or anyone else, but there are two things I know about me and competition: 1) I want to know I earned my spot in whatever it was, whether it's a job or Training camp (so no Fan Vote for me) and 2) I don't want to know or even THINK (or feel) that I got my position or spot due to someone else taking pity on me (see point 1).  If you don't think I deserve to be there, tell me so and let me go home to sob it out and decide if I want to try again or that it's not worth the heartache and pain.

I have noticed Kelli and Judy taking girls into TC or having girls make the team who have tried out at least twice for the squad. Some of the girls have proven themselves or have been kept on the squad for various reasons or were cut trying out again for their second year. I wonder if they decide to give the girl a chance by bringing them into TC or on the squad, and once they make the squad or get into TC they have to prove they deserve a spot on the squad. We have questioned why certain girls make the squad aka Morgan and Kaitlyn LaRue from Season 8. Maybe Kelli and Judy do feel bad for certain girls aka pity, but I am sure there are other influences who have a say so in who makes the squad *cough Charlotte *cough*

I guess I am in the I want to earn my spot because I deserve it camp also. I would not want to be brought into TC or make the squad due to being a fan favorite, male appeal, fan vote, pity, a vet or another TC Candidate got the boot during TC, because I am Melissa the Mentor's pet project, or I might have the dreaded potential Kelli talks about (leading to the possibility I probably will be cut at next year's finals.)

Edited by bigskygirl
17 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Jenna was the point at camp DCC performance. How kind of them ?. Really sucks she was in hot water this season, she’s got so much spunk. 

Isn't that odd? I mean with Kashara being there?

44 minutes ago, dreamcatcher said:

Isn't that odd? I mean with Kashara being there?

I thought the same. Just goes to show they wanted Jenna there but her behaviour stopped it. Now times moved on and she’s about to leave they’re given her one last shot. Must be tough for KaShara knowing she’s second best, but Jenna is far superior in terms of DCC style

• Love 3

Jenna may be superior in terms of dancing, but she is not superior when it comes to being the total DCC. Her behavior got her into trouble, and she paid the price for it. I think being a DCC went to Jenna's head, and she thought she could get away with breaking the rules more than once because girls in the past who did the same thing got away with it. I wonder why Kelli, Judy and even Charlotte decided to do something about it last year. Was it because Jerry Jones was becoming a part of the Hall of Fame or finally getting the chance to go into the Smithsonian Museum. Too much discussion about it on social media? Wanting to make an example out of Jenna, Holly, and Erica? Going to be interesting at finals. I would not be surprise if ten or more girls decide to call it a day besides Jenna, Maggie, Milan, Alexandra, and Kalyssa.

I still say part of it has to do with the fact of who she was with and the microscope that was on the Cowboys at the time because of the Ezekiel Elliot stuff. If it had been a different lesser known player at the time, or different timing she may have gotten away with it. But in this social media day, and being that player with that mess going on they couldn't just not address it. Add to that an underage DCC there and potentially drinking, it's just a recipe for disaster. 

Edited by Txmomof2
  • Love 2

Maybe other girls got away with similar things in the past, but, if the rumors are true, so did Jenna and Holly the year before.  I seem to remember hearing that they were out and about on the town, doing things that could get them in serious trouble with Kelli and Judy, not to mention the law, but they managed to either keep it under tight wraps (debatable) or were able to convince people that the rumors weren't true for whatever reason.  Again, if true, they got away with it and that may have emboldened them this past year and it caught up with them.  We saw only a brief snippet of what actually happened when they were confronted so I wouldn't be surprised if, among other things, there were pictures of them doing what they said they weren't doing and those pictures were dragged out after said shenanigans were denied. 

If I was in the group this past year (and had more than a year under my belt), I wouldn't retire, mainly because drama that Holly, Erica and Jenna created and the repercussions they experienced were brought on by their own choices.  Kalyssa, while drama-free to a degree, was again due to her own choices.  Milan had an opportunity and went for it.  Her timing may be suspect, but I don't know what was going on behind the scenes and the same with Alexandria.  Of the five who made it into Training Camp, Milan is the only one who I think had the best reason for leaving, though her timing wasn't great.  Alexandria's reasoning was good, but I didn't then, and don't now, fully buy into it.   If girls retire, I want it to be because it's the right time for them to leave and not for any other reason.  If veterans get cut, I want it to be because it's the right decision for the team that these girls leave.  I suspect that there will be (and have been) cuts made because girls just didn't take the hint that they should leave while they still can and not risk getting cut.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, EricaShadows said:

Maybe other girls got away with similar things in the past, but, if the rumors are true, so did Jenna and Holly the year before.  I seem to remember hearing that they were out and about on the town, doing things that could get them in serious trouble with Kelli and Judy, not to mention the law, but they managed to either keep it under tight wraps (debatable) or were able to convince people that the rumors weren't true for whatever reason.  Again, if true, they got away with it and that may have emboldened them this past year and it caught up with them.  We saw only a brief snippet of what actually happened when they were confronted so I wouldn't be surprised if, among other things, there were pictures of them doing what they said they weren't doing and those pictures were dragged out after said shenanigans were denied. 

If I was in the group this past year (and had more than a year under my belt), I wouldn't retire, mainly because drama that Holly, Erica and Jenna created and the repercussions they experienced were brought on by their own choices.  Kalyssa, while drama-free to a degree, was again due to her own choices.  Milan had an opportunity and went for it.  Her timing may be suspect, but I don't know what was going on behind the scenes and the same with Alexandria.  Of the five who made it into Training Camp, Milan is the only one who I think had the best reason for leaving, though her timing wasn't great.  Alexandria's reasoning was good, but I didn't then, and don't now, fully buy into it.   If girls retire, I want it to be because it's the right time for them to leave and not for any other reason.  If veterans get cut, I want it to be because it's the right decision for the team that these girls leave.  I suspect that there will be (and have been) cuts made because girls just didn't take the hint that they should leave while they still can and not risk getting cut.

From what people have posted on this forum, Jenna and Holly were caught last year, which is why they didn't get to go on the USO tour.  It is also why Jenna was supposedly talked to before auditions about being a leader.

Personally, if they were caught last year, then it should have been dealt with LAST YEAR cause it turned into such a mess for everyone this year.  It took away from other veterans and it turned into a social media disaster.  Unfortunately, it made Jenna a social media darling to some cause there were a lot of "poor Jenna's" floating around.  

As for the other gals, Erica brought it on herself; Alexandria - I agree with you - something was up, Kalyssa - don't burn bridges - oops, too late; Milan - sorry, but if you knew there was a chance you'd be leaving, don't try out

• Love 3
4 hours ago, Katherine1904 said:

I thought the same. Just goes to show they wanted Jenna there but her behaviour stopped it. Now times moved on and she’s about to leave they’re given her one last shot. Must be tough for KaShara knowing she’s second best, but Jenna is far superior in terms of DCC style

Maybe Jenna asked if she could rotate in for point one last time and K&J honored her request? Just speculating here. 

23 hours ago, HowdeeDo said:

Jenna was the point at camp DCC performance. How kind of them ?. Really sucks she was in hot water this season, she’s got so much spunk. 

Remember she got to go to the Smithsonian a couple of week ago and now point at camp.  Maybe J & K have forgiven her.  It a shame she ruined her last year for a little momentary  gratification that she got  caught  doing. 

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 1

All of the group leaders went to DC for the Smithsonian event, so it would've made no sense for Jenna not to be there. As for point at camp, the video that I saw was a small group dance with her at point and Kashara to the right (there may have been other videos, but I did not see them). It's possible that they all rotated in the formation for multiple dances. Definitely unfortunate that Jenna had a rough final year though. Her dancing is absolutely worthy of point. 

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

Remember she got to go to the Smithsonian a couple of week ago and now point at camp.  Maybe J & K have forgiven her.  It a shame she ruined her last year for a little momentary  gratification that she got  caught  doing. 

The Smithsonian thing was all the group leaders. Not saying they haven’t forgiven her, but she would have been on that trip regardless.

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Jess14 said:

All of the group leaders went to DC for the Smithsonian event, so it would've made no sense for Jenna not to be there.

I think the fact that she was allowed to remain as group leader says something.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

From what people have posted on this forum, Jenna and Holly were caught last year, which is why they didn't get to go on the USO tour.  It is also why Jenna was supposedly talked to before auditions about being a leader.

Personally, if they were caught last year, then it should have been dealt with LAST YEAR cause it turned into such a mess for everyone this year.  It took away from other veterans and it turned into a social media disaster.  Unfortunately, it made Jenna a social media darling to some cause there were a lot of "poor Jenna's" floating around.  

As for the other gals, Erica brought it on herself; Alexandria - I agree with you - something was up, Kalyssa - don't burn bridges - oops, too late; Milan - sorry, but if you knew there was a chance you'd be leaving, don't try out

Milan did not try out for Show Group because of school. so she may have mentioned the possible internship to Kelli and Judy before tryouts. If she knew she had a good chance of getting the internship before tryouts, she might have decided not to try out again.

7 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

I don't understand their decision to make Jenna point again. She was removed from point last year as well, then was pulled out of USO tour, then they had to ask her on camera if she was ready to step up (AFTER 5 years and AFTER being group leader????) and then she messed up again. I don't feel bad for her tbh.

• Love 3
13 hours ago, scorpio1031 said:

Unfortunately, it made Jenna a social media darling to some cause there were a lot of "poor Jenna's" floating around.  

Given what we've seen on the show and heard from people here (and what was culled from other arenas),, I wouldn't put it past Jenna to downplay her own part in the whole situation and highlight how "unfair" it was that she was punished at all, much less as "harshly" as she was.  As it was, there was certainly more to what happened each time Jenna was pulled into the office regarding everything she did than what we saw.  If Jenna tried to manipulate the situation on social media in her favor, especially with those who hadn't seen the show and only knew that SOMETHING happened, I can easily see why she'd get sympathy from the "uninformed".

IMHO,  I think she was just selfish and immature enough to think that the punishment was undeserved and overly harsh, as she even said on the show that she still felt like she was being punished after one week, maybe two, of being yanked from point (though the timing is questionable as to exactly how long she waited between the time she found out she lost point and when she texted Shelly) especially after she was also pulled from the Canton trip.  There was also the behavior at the practice where Kelli and Judy noticed she was just waiting off to the side and not really participating in the practice for Canton and said something like "Even if she's not going, she should be practicing off to the side."

• Love 3
13 hours ago, ByTor said:

I think the fact that she was allowed to remain as group leader says something.

This.

5 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

I don't understand their decision to make Jenna point again. She was removed from point last year as well, then was pulled out of USO tour, then they had to ask her on camera if she was ready to step up (AFTER 5 years and AFTER being group leader????) and then she messed up again. I don't feel bad for her tbh.

They probably aren't holding grudges. It's her last year. One of the last performances. Small group of girls. Minor event...I don't think they cared to keep "making her pay." I'm sure she's "proven herself" enough and hey..why not. It's the end.

• Love 4

I definitely am not ready for Jenna bashing part 564!

I was about to get pulled back in, but I'm simply rebuking all that mess.

This horse is super dead.

Damn, Jenna sure left an impression.  Folks literally can not keep her name out of their mouths.

• Love 12

Jenna didn't 'get point back'. The season is over. This was a camp performance.

Good for her to let her be in that spot for the camps, because she's great with kids and a great performer.

Let the girl GO. She's learned her lesson and is parting ways on a good note. LET IT GO, ELSA. LET IT GO.

• Love 6
53 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Any ideas on who will get rookie of the year. I think the End of the Year Banquet is at the end of April.

Lauren or Tara seem like the obvious choices to me off the top of my head! :) Vet of the year is harder to predict! Will be interesting to see! :)

• Love 4
2 hours ago, hypeman said:

I definitely am not ready for Jenna bashing part 564!

I was about to get pulled back in, but I'm simply rebuking all that mess.

This horse is super dead.

Damn, Jenna sure left an impression.  Folks literally can not keep her name out of their mouths.

When the show isn't on, when we are in the off season, when we are waiting for auditions to start.............we beat the dead horses.  Whether it's the Jenna/Holly/Erica mess, who's a nurse - who isn't a nurse, Cassie vs Taylor, who should have made the squad, who should NOT have made the squad, etc.  We are simply bored and waiting for new material:)

• Love 13
7 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

This.

They probably aren't holding grudges. It's her last year. One of the last performances. Small group of girls. Minor event...I don't think they cared to keep "making her pay." I'm sure she's "proven herself" enough and hey..why not. It's the end.

Just putting out there that I was referring to the beginning of this season, when she got point again after losing it last year. I wasn't referring to this performance.

• Love 1
13 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

THIS!

3 hours ago, dreamcatcher said:

Jenn K has uploaded an insta story where it seems like Cersten(???someone with short brown hair) is point. Or at leas that's what it looks like.

It's Maddie. That's different, and unexpected.  However, to be honest, all the other ladies to outrank her on the DCC scale, were not there.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, hypeman said:

It's Maddie. That's different, and unexpected.  However, to be honest, all the other ladies to outrank her on the DCC scale, were not there.

It also didn’t look like a triangle to me, more of a line. And there was one facing the opposite way with another dancer in the middle