Type keyword(s) to search

Current Squad 2017-2018: Media, Music, Videos & Show Group

sleepyjean
  • Start Topic

I wanted to get you guys opinion on this thing I saw on the DCC insta & it really upset me.

Apparently some horse rodeo thing was happening at At &T stadium and almost of the girls were invited and attended. To me it's Animal cruelty but I am not from the south so I don't understand rodeos. But it made me feel so uncomfortable and i felt that she's girls that almost all off them has a dogs and yet they were super cool about attending this horrible thing. I couldn't even watch the 5 sec insta story. And it reminded me of that time a couple seasons when the Had a DCC event when they had a hog hunt event. Can girls say no to stuff like that if i doesn't match their beliefs. Like it they are anti-guns or they animals lover or even the thing we discussed a couple of months of ago where Kelli brought her priest, Can someone just walk out of that?

I really wanna know your opinions. 

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, mmm said:

I wanted to get you guys opinion on this thing I saw on the DCC insta & it really upset me.

Apparently some horse rodeo thing was happening at At &T stadium and almost of the girls were invited and attended. To me it's Animal cruelty but I am not from the south so I don't understand rodeos. But it made me feel so uncomfortable and i felt that she's girls that almost all off them has a dogs and yet they were super cool about attending this horrible thing. I couldn't even watch the 5 sec insta story. And it reminded me of that time a couple seasons when the Had a DCC event when they had a hog hunt event. Can girls say no to stuff like that if i doesn't match their beliefs. Like it they are anti-guns or they animals lover or even the thing we discussed a couple of months of ago where Kelli brought her priest, Can someone just walk out of that?

I certainly hope they can opt out of this event, @mmm. I'm an animal lover too (and a vegetarian), and there's no way I would attend a rodeo. :( If I did have to cheer at one, I would come bearing protest signs in place of my pom poms! 

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Acromantula said:

I certainly hope they can opt out of this event, @mmm. I'm an animal lover too (and a vegetarian), and there's no way I would attend a rodeo. :( If I did have to cheer at one, I would come bearing protest signs in place of my pom poms! 

Here is thing they didn't cheer( or at least I see in pics in Uniform) They seemed to be just attending in their regular clothes, If they were there cheering I would judge them less bec it's would be maybe a part of the their Jobs and they have fulfill. But It seemed like the thing they were just invited to , like concerts held at the stadium that they also attend. If they have a choice this situation is horrible if they are forced is also horrible.

Edited by mmm

Unless they are there for an official appearance and/or unless it's something that that they are expected to attend for political reasons (i.e. it would make the team look bad) I'm sure it's voluntary. I don't think it would be a case of walking out so much as choosing not to attend.

Having said that, I'm sure there are plenty of things they're expected to go along with and not make a fuss. For example, if you believe in only using cruelty free make-up, but the team's makeup sponsor tests on animals. Or if you're a strict vegan who doesn't wear leather. You'd better wear that makeup and put on those Lucchese boots or you'd be bounced out of training camp week #1! If it was something like the team camping trip and a girl got there and realized they were going to be deer hunting (haven't they done something like that) the pressure to go along with it would be immense.

On a related note - didn't they used to have a makeup sponsor? I don't see one on the website, but it would be crazy if they didn't have one. I know MAC used to sponsor a lot of teams. I don't know if they still do.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, sleepyjean said:

Unless they are there for an official appearance and/or unless it's something that that they are expected to attend for political reasons (i.e. it would make the team look bad) I'm sure it's voluntary. I don't think it would be a case of walking out so much as choosing not to attend.

Having said that, I'm sure there are plenty of things they're expected to go along with and not make a fuss. For example, if you believe in only using cruelty free make-up, but the team's makeup sponsor tests on animals. Or if you're a strict vegan who doesn't wear leather. You'd better wear that makeup and put on those Lucchese boots or you'd be bounced out of training camp week #1! If it was something like the team camping trip and a girl got there and realized they were going to be deer hunting (haven't they done something like that) the pressure to go along with it would be immense.

On a related note - didn't they used to have a makeup sponsor? I don't see one on the website, but it would be crazy if they didn't have one. I know MAC used to sponsor a lot of teams. I don't know if they still do.

I agree i think the pressure is more on a political level like going along to appease K&J. 

The reason i thought they might have been force of the from the five of the of seven(Amy,Steph,Chantel,Kelsey,Lexi,Kashara and some else i forget) that attended have pets some of them have multiple pets.So i would have a hard time believing that animal lover would attended something like this voluntarily but other than Chantel all of them are from the south or middle America so maybe that's normal to them.

Edited by mmm
52 minutes ago, mmm said:

I don’t think rodeos are horrible or cruel.  Maybe I’m just used to being around animals,  but animals have to been ‘broken’ before you can do anything with them.  It has to been done properly or riders will get hurt.  A rodeo is just an extension of the formal taming  of an animal.  If they were beating the animal or something like that, it would be different.  I love to watch them personally.

• Love 6
50 minutes ago, mmm said:

If this was a required event, Im sure that they could decline to attend, but I also wouldn't be surprised if declining hurt their standing on the team or even resulted in termination. I also think that being forced to participate in religions events/prayers (if that has occurred) and being forced to attend a rodeo (if that is what happened) are different. They may both be genuinely abhorrent to the cheerleader, but one is potentially unlawful, the other is not. 

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, mmm said:

Here is thing they didn't cheer( or at least I see in pics in Uniform) They seemed to be just attending in their regular clothes, If they were there cheering I would judge them less bec it's would be maybe a part of the their Jobs and they have fulfill. But It seemed like the thing they were just invited to , like concerts held at the stadium that they also attend. If they have a choice this situation is horrible if they are forced is also horrible.

On Lauren's instagram story they are in their uniforms at the rodeo so maybe they performed.  I think it is horrible that they would perform at this.  I can't imagine any of them wanting to watch that cruelty.  Very sad if they feel they had to go in order to keep on the good side of K&J.

Edited by 5678Pixie
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, 5678Pixie said:

On Lauren's instagram story they are in their uniforms at the rodeo so maybe they performed.  I think it is horrible that they would perform at this.  

Thanks to the Tip, didn't see that didn't even know Lauren was there.

15 minutes ago, mmm said:

Thanks to the Tip, didn't see that didn't even know Lauren was there.

DCC Kelli's instagram story has a short video of them in uniforms going out to preform.  She of all people I am shocked that she would be there.  She seems to love animals so much.  Makes me think they didn't have a choice.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, mmm said:

To me it's Animal cruelty but I am not from the south so I don't understand rodeos.

It's a whole different world there, in so many ways - I grew up in Michigan but my father and my mother's parents all grew up in Oklahoma.  I visited often, but I never understood how different things were there until I went down and lived with my dad for a year in undergrad.  There seems to be a really strong viewpoint about animals and their purpose unique to the region.  For instance, I was a vegetarian when I went down, and it was virtually impossible to go out to eat.  Even shopping was difficult at the time, and anytime I had dinner in company I could expect many, many comments, generally along the lines of "....but....bacon!"  A lady who owned and worked with cattle told me that I wouldn't worry about killing a cow for food if I knew what assholes they were.  Animals are tools and commodities there in a way that doesn't seem to have a parallel in other places I've been.  Rodeos are usually seen as both practical and a lot of fun, rather than venues for animal cruelty.  The idea that they could be cruel seems odd to many people there - essentially along the lines of "they are farm animals, that's what they're for."

• Love 5

I do not think Kelli, Charlotte and Judy are forcing these girls to preform at certain activities like rodeos, or pray before heading out on the field to perform. These girls know the score and what is or what is not expected of them. If they do not like doing said performances then they should not be trying out for the team.

I don't know how they assign people to appearances, but it seems unlikely that Kelli just assigns people, because not everyone will be available for every event. There has to be some process of figuring who is available, who gets dibs (if its a highly coveted appearance), trying to spread the opportunities out evenly so it's not the same girls doing all of them, some consideration for having a variety of looks so they don't send a bunch of girls who all look alike. Within that scheduling process, there may be some room for personal preferences. They may even ask for volunteers, as opposed to appointing specific people. And given that it's near the end of the season, there may be even more consideration for the types of things people want or don't want to do. (I could be making that up, but I could see Kelli being more accommodating of rookies at the end of year, than at the beginning of the season when they have not proved themselves and probably don't have anything to say about anything other than "yes ma'am.")

Actually I'd hate that job - organizing 36 girls and all their schedules and preferences and whatnot.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, 5678Pixie said:

DCC Kelli's instagram story has a short video of them in uniforms going out to preform.  She of all people I am shocked that she would be there.  She seems to love animals so much.  Makes me think they didn't have a choice.

I am of the belief these ladies have to ask "HOW high?" when they are told to jump. Remember Taylor? K&J do not take kindly to anyone who stands up for themselves. In the first episode of DCCMTT, Judy said you have to accept an anchovy sandwich and say, "Thank you." It may have been another disgusting food item, but yes....they want a whole legion of Yes-women. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, sleepyjean said:

I don't know how they assign people to appearances, but it seems unlikely that Kelli just assigns people,

Actually I'd hate that job - organizing 36 girls and all their schedules and preferences and whatnot.

There used to be a women who worked their that used to be reasonable for that I think, her name was Katie (?) she was a burnette. She's the one who said that Angela shouldn't be on show group bec she refused appearances. Or maybe she was just an assistant.   

2 hours ago, LadyMsJay said:

I'm clearly in the minority..I really don't think it's even a big deal. I mean sure, personal preferences/opinions..blah. But animal cruelty? I think that's a bit much.

I can see both sides of this. On one hand, it seems easy enough to excuse the girls who have a problem with rodeos from performing at this one event, especially since I doubt the entire squad performed. 

On the other, it’s up to employees to do their due diligence before they accept jobs. This is Texas, Jerry Jones is the owner, and the team is called the Cowboys. I dont think it’s a shock that the team would be involved with a rodeo. Every job is not a fit, culturally or otherwise for every person, and it’s not up to employers to make it a fit for every person. Sometimes the best option is just to go elsewhere for work. 

• Love 5

I actually don’t mind the middle part on Jenna, and I generally hate middle parts. 

Rodeo pic. Looks like only a small portion of the team performed/attended officially.

32 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I have never been to a rodeo but I admit I actually always saw it as a chance for animals to get back at humans LOL

This is funny because I think my only rodeo experience was as a kid, and I distinctly remember (basically the only thing I remeber) a cowboy getting thrown off his horse...hard! 

Edited by Jess14
  • Love 3
17 hours ago, mmm said:

I totally get where you are coming from, but isn't bull riding more of a cultural thing in the South?  I'm not into because it looks really, really boring and it's just not my scene.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

Rodeo pic. Looks like only a small portion of the team performed/attended officially.

Yeah, I looked into it & this was the next day. 

They day before their were an another with totally different people (Kashara,Amy,Kelsey,Steph,Chantel and someone else i don't remember)dressed in normal clothes. Don't know if the day before was an official appearance for DCC or not. 

After reading you guys posts I did some research bec I genuinely didn't know any about rodeos. 

But for people who were wonder According to the Humane Society, PETA and ASPCA considered them animal cruelty and rodeos have also been Banned in Britain, Australia and parts of europe. They are kinda in the same boat as Sea world and the circus and those things are on the way out for sure (Thank God) 

But it was really interesting reading your opinions for sure. 

• Love 4
5 hours ago, Jess14 said:

I can see both sides of this. On one hand, it seems easy enough to excuse the girls who have a problem with rodeos from performing at this one event, especially since I doubt the entire squad performed. 

On the other, it’s up to employees to do their due diligence before they accept jobs. This is Texas, Jerry Jones is the owner, and the team is called the Cowboys. I dont think it’s a shock that the team would be involved with a rodeo. Every job is not a fit, culturally or otherwise for every person, and it’s not up to employers to make it a fit for every person. Sometimes the best option is just to go elsewhere for work. 

This. These girls cheer for the Dallas Cowboys. The cheerleaders have taken part in performing at rodeos at the stadium for years now. This is not a new type of appearance for them. It’s simply another appearance in the day in the life of a DCC.  As I understand it, I do believe every girl is offered the chance at an appearance and they have the option to say yes or no. This can be seen when we were told that Angela had opted out of a number of appearances.

I also think it’s a bit of a stretch to ask your average 18-23 year old to equate the rodeo with animal cruelty. These girls just want to dance and wear their sparkly, cute uniform.

As for prayer, I imagine if any of the girls prefer not to pray, they simply don’t pray. They don’t join in on the prayer and they don’t bow their heads. There is a way to be respectful of prayer while also remaining respectful of your own beliefs. 

Edited by LMarchBand
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, LMarchBand said:

I also think it’s a bit of a stretch to ask your average 18-23 year old to equate the rodeo with animal cruelty. These girls just want to dance and wear their sparkly, cute uniform.

As for prayer, I imagine if any of the girls prefer not to pray, they simply don’t pray. They don’t join in on the prayer and they don’t bow their heads. There is a way to be respectful of prayer while also remaining respectful of your own beliefs. 

I am 23 and I have cared and participated in Animal welfare and environmental things since I was 16. Being Young doesn't mean being stupid or shallow. 

And we didn't mean the prayer before the game that always seemed a spiritual & team bonding thing. We were talking about a thing that happened a couple of months ago were Kelli brought here prist to talk to the girls multiple times. If this happened on pro team in Cali or NY that coach would be at least suspended or maybe fired.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Miranda’s chest is huge and very distracting and Selina has a muffin going on the right .

I feel like both Miranda and Selina look like they barely squeezed into those shorts. But it is the off-season so I understand wanting to relax a little.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, LaurenBrook said:

I have never been to a rodeo but I admit I actually always saw it as a chance for animals to get back at humans LOL  

Also, looks like an interesting little side trip! 

Dare I say it... I barely recognized Kelli. Did she do something to her face?

31 minutes ago, Tulip86 said:

I think the lighting in the pic is bad(There a lot of Noise thats technical term for this bad lighting) everybody kinda weird 

Anybody know who the 2 guys looking over their shoulders, the 2 ppl sitting facing eachother and the lady next to Kristi are? I recognize Micky, Charlotte, Judy, Kelli, and the cheerleaders.  Also I wanna figure out how they crammed at LEAST 14 ppl on that jet.  Never seen that configuration before :)

Edited by DCCFanInKy
clarity
1 hour ago, DCCFanInKy said:

Anybody know who the 2 guys looking over their shoulders, the 2 ppl sitting facing eachother and the lady next to Kristi are? I recognize Micky, Charlotte, Judy, Kelli, and the cheerleaders.  Also I wanna figure out how they crammed at LEAST 14 ppl on that jet.  Never seen that configuration before :)

I'm pretty sure the lady next to Kristi is Lisa Dobson, their seamstress.

http://americanhistory.si.edu/blog/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders

• Love 2
8 hours ago, lfedncr said:

Miranda’s chest is huge and very distracting and Selina has a muffin going on the right .

Savannah’s and Lexie’s boobs are way more alarming to me

5 hours ago, Tulip86 said:

Looks really bloated. Maybe allergies or lack of sleep

On 2/25/2018 at 7:59 PM, mmm said:

I’m a Texan and I think most people here in Texas would be surprised at your feelings. You are ? entitled to your feelings, but rodeos aren’t a shocker down here. 

Theyre big money, big marketing, big socializing and networking and even pave the way for scholarships to college. Most kids outside the metro areas rodeo or know people who rodeo. 

We have six horses and grew up riding. Rodeoing is part of life here. I disagree with whoever said cows are assholes. They are actually very docile. But they’re also very stupid. Horses are intelligent and could be compared to dogs, but cows, steers and bulls are more basic animals. It doesn’t make it right to mistreat them, but as far as I’ve ever known, animal abuse isn’t part of the rodeo scene.

• Love 5

This isn't the first time I've noticed it but how has KaShara not been pulled up time after time about her low kicks?!

If you watch the video DCC just uploaded to Facebook of their Tuesday technique class her kicks are much lower than the other girls, and her fan kicks are not fan kicks at all. How has she got to three years without being called out for this?! 

This isn't a one off either, at the Hall of Fame game her kicks were very low, the same as on multiple appearances both regular team and show group

• Love 1

I haven’t noticed her kicks being low, but it’s possible that she has been called out for that, and it just has not made it on to the show. I think a poster stated in the summer that she’s had weight warnings multiple times, and we haven’t seen that. Hannah and Angela also did, but we only heard about it in passing on the show. So, unless there is a major issue with a veteran,  I think it’s is unlikely to get aired because 1) the show focuses on the rookies and 2) it only goes to the start of the season.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Jess14 said:

I haven’t noticed her kicks being low, but it’s possible that she has been called out for that, and it just has not made it on to the show. I think a poster stated in the summer that she’s had weight warnings multiple times, and we haven’t seen that. Hannah and Angela also did, but we only heard about it in passing on the show. So, unless there is a major issue with a veteran,  I think it’s is unlikely to get aired because 1) the show focuses on the rookies and 2) it only goes to the start of the season.

I didn’t mean why hasn’t she been called out on the show, I meant if a girl has bad kicks for 3 years why are they still on the team and not being cut, like the multiple girls who are each year for kicks? 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Katherine1904 said:

I didn’t mean why hasn’t she been called out on the show, I meant if a girl has bad kicks for 3 years why are they still on the team and not being cut, like the multiple girls who are each year for kicks? 

Well she's not the only one with low(er) kicks & they had (still do) way too many girls with weight issues and/or lacking technical ability. They would need to kick out half of the current team before even getting to Kashara.

• Love 3