Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast: News, Interviews and Articles

• Start Topic

(edited)

The Spoiling Dead Fans facebook page (has been 100% reliable) reported a little while ago that stuntman, John Bernecker, succumbed to his injuries.  So scary, and so sad.

We are deeply saddened to report that TWD stuntman Jo...hn Bernecker succumbed to his injuries following a tragic accident on the set yesterday. 

ETA from Spoiling Dead Fans:

ETA at 8:20 pm 7/13: We have now received a conflicting report saying John is still in serious condition. Honestly, friends, this is horrible. We would never want to add heartache to a hopeful family. We're leaving this post up for now so that we can all see what's going on. I did this edit so that if the post is shared, this will go with it. But we are going to do some deeper investigation.

Edited by SnarkyTart
conflicting info
13 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Oh man. That's awful :(.

Yes.  It's now been officially announced that he has, in fact, died.   He was filming a fight scene with Austin Amelio, the actor who plays Dwight.  TMZ has more info and some photos of the balcony from which he took the stunt fall, and the safety cushion below, where he landed just inches off-target.  http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/14/walking-dead-stuntman-john-bernecker-death-missed-safety-cushion/ .  RIP John Bernecker.

In other unpleasant news, though not of the same magnitude, I read that the actor who plays Gregorgy, Xander Berkeley, was busted last week for sexting with a 19-year-old girl from whom he was seeking nude photos.  Yikes.  https://theblemish.com/2017/07/xander-berkeley-twitter-19-year-old-dm-spank/

• Love 1
6 hours ago, SnarkyTart said:

Yes.  It's now been officially announced that he has, in fact, died.   He was filming a fight scene with Austin Amelio, the actor who plays Dwight.  TMZ has more info and some photos of the balcony from which he took the stunt fall, and the safety cushion below, where he landed just inches off-target.  http://www.tmz.com/2017/07/14/walking-dead-stuntman-john-bernecker-death-missed-safety-cushion/ .  RIP John Bernecker.

In other unpleasant news, though not of the same magnitude, I read that the actor who plays Gregorgy, Xander Berkeley, was busted last week for sexting with a 19-year-old girl from whom he was seeking nude photos.  Yikes.  https://theblemish.com/2017/07/xander-berkeley-twitter-19-year-old-dm-spank/

Sounds like the girlfriend is trying to pin it on "Dwight".  That doesn't seem fair considering she wasn't on set to witness what happened. 

• Love 1

A tragic accident, but stuntmen choose a highly dangerous profession and unfortunately these things do happen. Doesn't make the unnecessary death of a young person any easier to bear, I know.

As for TMZ, I wouldn't believe anything there, even it it's written with the blood of that sleazy shyster, Harvey Levin.

That thing about Berkeley? Absolutely disgusting. I don't know what's worse - him asking a 19 year old for pics of her in her underwear, or the fact that he used his own name to creep on her, so the whole world can know about it. No fool like an old fool.

He says his favorite age is 15-29

15? So, he's a pedophile. I wonder if we'll see him back on the show. I certainly hope not.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, AngelaHunter said:

No fool like an old fool.

15? So, he's a pedophile. I wonder if we'll see him back on the show. I certainly hope not.

Yeah, the 15 part really amps up the creep factor and brings it to a possible career-hurting place. Such a dumb thing to put in writing. 

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Superclam said:

Yeah, the 15 part really amps up the creep factor and brings it to a possible career-hurting place.

It shoud hurt his career. What is 15 is favorite age  FOR, I wonder? I won't speculate. He's 61, FFS. Just a garden variety dirty old man, pedo and a really, REALLY dumb one. Gotta think with the other head, Xander and do your pervy, creepy thing anonymously.

Double bummed because for the last season or so, I've totally enjoyed his performances on this show more than those of anyone else. Scratch that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, AngelaHunter said:

It shoud hurt his career. What is 15 his favorite age  FOR, I wonder?

He should be written out of the show now, with no further screen time.  It's perfect timing, with his last scene being of him sneaking off to the savior camp.  They can just have him never return, with no expository and very little discussion.  This sexting exposure adds a whole new level of creepy to Gregory's first introduction to Maggie, where he behaved like a total perv toward her. 

I wonder who the deceased stuntman was standing in for during his fight scene with Dwight. It's truly feeling like a pall's been cast over season 8.    

• Love 1
1 hour ago, SnarkyTart said:

This sexting exposure adds a whole new level of creepy to Gregory's first introduction to Maggie, where he behaved like a total perv toward her. 

I agree, in retrospect, although at the time I had no problem with him perving on Maggie, who is well above the age of consent. Now I'm squicked thinking about him perving on the young girl playing Enid. Seems she'd be more to his liking. Maggie is too old for him.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Superclam said:

I liked him because he played a sleaze on Being Human and again on the Walking Dead. I guess he wasn't acting. 

More of "go with what you know".  Or "do what you do best".   .... and here they all thought he was just a caring family man, texting them all the time; but now the truth is out.

Damn, now I can't rewatch stuff like 12 Monkeys and not see him for what he really is. 

Hate to hear that about the stuntman.  Ts & Ps to his family.

• Love 1
15 hours ago, iRarelyWatchTV36 said:

and here they all thought he was just a caring family man, texting them all the time; but now the truth is out.

I think what gets me more than anything is here we have this 61 year old professional man, possessed of at least normal intelligence. He's fairly high profile (although I never heard of him until TWD) and yet he loses his mind over the thought of getting a pic of some 19 year-old girl in her underpants? He says, "Don't tell anyone." Yeah, that's what Colin Ferrell said when he filmed himself having sex with some Playboy slag (and BTW, he talks too freaking much during!) asked her to promise she'd keep it to herself and really expected her honor his request. Of course, she wouldn't go out and sell it to the highest bidder.  Like, WTF are they thinking??  Guys? You can find a zillion x-rated pics of young women online without giving them your full name and credentials, and can have sex with a woman without freaking FILMING it and expecting it to be kept hush-hush. I just... I just cannot wrap my mind around this kind of thing.

27 minutes ago, diebartdie said:

Im really freeking bummed about this sad news...

"Tales from the Darkside." I can't remember any specific ep, but I'm pretty sure I watched this.

• Love 2

They almost lost me right out of the gate opening with Negan blathering on and on and on about "shittin' pants."  The rest looks like it could be an improvement over last season (admittedly not a high bar) but I see we'll still be getting plenty of speechifying in a tortured faux Southern accent, ahem Maggie.

• Love 4

Jerry fighting along Ezekiel, both bloody - nothing better happen to Jerry or I will write angry things on the internet!

TWD does put out good trailers.

That last scene did look like a time jump, that was a lot of gray for Rick.

• Love 1

Rick's probably dreaming.

Very Michonne-lite but that's not necessarily a bad thing.  If Danai is off shooting 'Black Panther' and an Avengers movie and NOT on TWD, I'm happy.

Father Gabriel is probably praying that Negan doesn't BORE him to death.

Too many speeches.

Are the walkers even necessary now? 

• Love 2
5 hours ago, mightysparrow said:

Are the walkers even necessary now? 

No. Any single person can wade into a whole herd of them and come away without so much as a scratch. They are no longer a threat, but merely a minor nuisance, like mosquitoes.

• Love 3

Gimple honors stuntman John Bernecker at Comic Con

Panel moderator Chris Hardwick began the “Fear the Walking Dead” panel, which immediately preceded the “Walking Dead” panel, by asking the Hall H crowd to observe a moment of silence in Bernecker’s memory. He also said the entire cast of “The Walking Dead” debated whether or not they should even hold their annual panel, but ultimately decided to forge ahead.

Series showrunner Scott Gimple opened the show’s panel by reading a statement on Bernecker on behalf of the cast and crew.

“John passed away this week after he was injured doing something he loved: helping tell stories that excite, entertain, and give people escape,” he said. “He helped make movies and shows for people like everybody in this room. John was someone who was beloved in the stunt community, who helped train people and helped them break  into the business He was living his dream, and he helped other people do the same.”

• Love 2
On 7/22/2017 at 5:47 PM, AngelaHunter said:

No. Any single person can wade into a whole herd of them and come away without so much as a scratch. They are no longer a threat, but merely a minor nuisance, like mosquitoes.

Yes, but mosquitoes CAN kill you, because, like the walkers, they carry diseases. And, unlike mosquitoes, the person next to you can still pretty quickly turn. It's still dangerous, but, yeah, the theme of the show has been that the survivors are the real threat. I don't mind the speechifying, so long as it's not Negan doing it. The best trailer out of Comic Con, except maybe West World, for me.

On 7/21/2017 at 5:54 PM, catrox14 said:

What the shit was that final scene with aged Rick and a cane? THE FUCK?

Is that a time jump? What what what?

First thought was, tbis better not be a case of "it was all a dream" and Rick wakes from a 20 year coma. 

• Love 3

I knew that Frank Darabont was suing AMC. But now it appears that all of the show's producers are.

'Walking Dead' Producers Claim Massive AMC Profits Scam in New Lawsuit

AMC has enjoyed record ratings for The Walking Dead, but will it survive a legal apocalypse? On Monday, in what could become the biggest ever profits case in television history, and one that deserves widespread attention as merger-hungry media companies grow ever more vertically consolidated, Walking Dead co-creator Robert Kirkman and notable series producers Gale Anne Hurd, Glen Mazzara and David Alpert have filed suit against AMC with the allegation they've been massively cheated.

• Love 2
On 8/14/2017 at 9:55 PM, xaxat said:

I knew that Frank Darabont was suing AMC. But now it appears that all of the show's producers are.

'Walking Dead' Producers Claim Massive AMC Profits Scam in New Lawsuit

Not a surprise. AMC is worse than the usual. They have been in constant legal trouble for years causing them to lose money. Rumor was that Kirkman was instrumental in AMC ousting Darabont. What goes around.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

TWD panel at New York City Comic Con next month...

http://www.newyorkcomiccon.com/en/Sessions/49134/AMCs-The-Walking-Dead

AMC's The Walking Dead
October 07, 2017, 7:45 PM - 8:45 PM

The Theater at Madison Square Garden
Join ‘The Walking Dead’ cast and executive producers for a panel where they will discuss the season 7 finale and share a sneak peek into season 8, premiering October 22nd 9/8c.

Edited by tv echo

10 things you might find surprising about 'The Walking Dead'
by: The Associated Press Updated: Sep 27, 2017 - 1:03 PM
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/georgia/10-things-you-might-find-surprising-about-the-walking-dead/615665269 

9. Actor Norman Reedus is so close with Greg Nicotero, a special effects master as well as the show's producer and sometime director, that they are able to finish each other's sentences. The two also send each other songs to explain the emotion they want to bring to a scene. Before Daryl and Beth, two characters, burned down an old shack, Reedus sent Nicotero "Very Nervous and Love" by J Mascis. Ahead of Daryl having to stab his brother Merle, who had turned into a zombie, Nicotero sent a Willie Nelson song. Nicotero and Reedus even opened a restaurant in Senoia together: Nic & Normans, with the logo including an artist's brush and an arrow.

10. Chandler Riggs, who plays Carl, the son of sheriff Rick Grimes, is an Atlanta native and has grown up on the set. He's now headed to college: the University of Georgia.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

I knew about cast members being on set when one is filming their death scene.

When Lori died in Killer Within, several of them were onset watching.

Andrew

Michael Rooker

Scott Wilson

and IronE Singleton.

Also when actors join the cast, Andrew is often the first one who welcomes them to show.

Tovah/DeAnna  confirmed this in an interview.