Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast: News, Interviews and Articles

• Start Topic

I guess this is the right place to post this??  I don't think anyone else has posted this, but I could be wrong.   Alicia Witt (recently seen on Justified and House of Lies) is joining the cast of TWD -- http://screencrush.com/the-walking-dead-season-7-alicia-witt-featurette/.

It seems to be unknown if she is going to appear in any of the episodes this season, or if she is not showing up until next season.  I follow her on Facebook -- I'm a fan of her Hallmark Channel movies!  Lol -- and I remember that she was in Georgia sometime in the last few months of last year. She returned with bruises that she referred to as "battle scars" or "battle wounds" or something like that, but did not say what they were from or what project she had worked on.  The first thing that popped into my mind when she mentioned being in GA was TWD.  But then I thought... no, they're on a break from filming now, I think.  So maybe she was auditioning?  I have no idea.

In any case, she is joining at some point.  Currently she is filming episodes of Nashville, and I don't know if she is going to be on both shows at the same time, or if she will settle into TWD when she finishes Nashville.

I have said it before, when The Walking Dead does its very special Christmas episode, it's time to end the show. Looks like they have Hallmark's go to Christmas movie girl to make it a very Merry Walking Dead Christmas episode. But since I have been a fan of Alicia Witt since Cybill, I shall watch.

• Love 1

The cast of The Walking Dead is on Inside the Actors Studio on Thursday, February 11th (although... where the hell is Andrew Lincoln?  Did they really do the show without Andy?).  Here are some video clips -- http://www.bravotv.com/inside-the-actors-studio/season-21/episode-5/videos/how-the-walking-dead-made-norman-reedus-a-better.

James Lipton must have just recently discovered that there was more on AMC besides Mad Men.   It was only this past November that he finally had Bryan Cranston on as a guest -- well after Breaking Bad came to an end. 

I have said it before, when The Walking Dead does its very special Christmas episode, it's time to end the show. Looks like they have Hallmark's go to Christmas movie girl to make it a very Merry Walking Dead Christmas episode. But since I have been a fan of Alicia Witt since Cybill, I shall watch.

Lol.  I am waiting for the very special Christmas episode of TWD, where magical, whimsical Santa-like characters appear, love blooms under the mistletoe and wacky hijinks ensue as the gang tries to rediscover their love of Christmas.  

At least it's not Candace Cameron Bure or Lacey Chabert joining the cast of TWD!  (Nothing against Candace or Lacey  -- I like them in their Hallmark movies, too, but they would not be right for TWD!)   Alicia, at least, has done some edgier things over the years.  So she can probably fit into the show better than some of the other Hallmark folks.  But knowing TWD, she may be dead within a few episodes anyway, so maybe it won't be a long run.

Edited by Sherry67
  • Love 1

Sherry67, I'm still waiting for the Lifetime/Hallmark movie franchise to offer a very special Zombie Christmas movie!  Or, please, please, please, a whole franchise of bookshop owner/baker/florist/candlestick maker Zombie hunter movies.  :-)

Sherry67, I'm still waiting for the Lifetime/Hallmark movie franchise to offer a very special Zombie Christmas movie!  Or, please, please, please, a whole franchise of bookshop owner/baker/florist/candlestick maker Zombie hunter movies.  :-)

Well I have just seen Pride and Prejudice and Zombies so Hallmark could certainly do the Good Zombie with maybe Lacey Chabert.

• Love 2

I saw the commercial for the Pride and Prejudice/Zombie movie and thought that anything would be possible after that mash-up.

Bookshop owner/baker/florist/candlestick maker/amateur sleuth/photographer/event planner/writer/advertising exec/DJ/Zombie slayers!

In the Lifetime version, the zombies would be cyber-stalking the hero/heroine, and then lurking around and following them to the grocery store and such, to get revenge on them for a past wrong.   But by the end of the movie the victim would show the zombies that there is magic and romance at Christmastime and all would work out okay.  In the Hallmark version, the protagonist and the zombie would be paired up on some sort of assignment, against their will, butting heads all the while.  Witty banter would ensue as they stayed the course to true love and love of Christmas.

In A Very Special Walking Dead, we'd probably see Angel Lori float down from the skies in ethereal clothing, worried that poor Rick has forgotten how much he once loved Christmas in all of the Zombie Apocalypse mess.  He'd pout and be sullen, and then finally put on a festive Santa hat and sing "Silent Night" to baby Judith by the end of the movie, as the rest of the gang builds a makeshift Christmas tree out of walker bones in the distance and Carol bakes gingerbread cookies.

• Love 4
Sherry67, on 05 Feb 2016 - 7:04 PM, said:

I saw the commercial for the Pride and Prejudice/Zombie movie and thought that anything would be possible after that mash-up.

Bookshop owner/baker/florist/candlestick maker/amateur sleuth/photographer/event planner/writer/advertising exec/DJ/Zombie slayers!

In the Lifetime version, the zombies would be cyber-stalking the hero/heroine, and then lurking around and following them to the grocery store and such, to get revenge on them for a past wrong.   But by the end of the movie the victim would show the zombies that there is magic and romance at Christmastime and all would work out okay.  In the Hallmark version, the protagonist and the zombie would be paired up on some sort of assignment, against their will, butting heads all the while.  Witty banter would ensue as they stayed the course to true love and love of Christmas.

In A Very Special Walking Dead, we'd probably see Angel Lori float down from the skies in ethereal clothing, worried that poor Rick has forgotten how much he once loved Christmas in all of the Zombie Apocalypse mess.  He'd pout and be sullen, and then finally put on a festive Santa hat and sing "Silent Night" to baby Judith by the end of the movie, as the rest of the gang builds a makeshift Christmas tree out of walker bones in the distance and Carol bakes gingerbread cookies.

I lurve you, Sherry!  :-)

• Love 1

OK Yall, we have got TO TALK ABOUT this!!! Now if you read the comics, you know Carl

is scheduled to have his eye shot out

, Glenn

is scheduled to meet his horrible end via "lucille"

, Carol

is long dead as is

Judith. The tv show has changed many things but at the same time, Kirkman has been growing his power and influence and I do believe the tv story is more closely hewing the comic story so I think the death(s) alluded to in the above article are

Judith

Sam

and

Jessie

. I think the article calls it gratuitous due to what I imagine will be a horrific scene of

Judith

getting shredded. Anyway, if the mid-season is THAT bad and the finale is supposed to be a thousand times worse.....I may be out after this season ends anyway. I like TWD a lot but even I have lines I dont want crossed.

Judith

can die and maybe

she

should but seeing how

she

died in the comics was hard enough, seeing

her be a little morsel for the herd

is just a giant NOPE for me IF that's what happens.

Reading this post prior to posting and it looks like a redacted top secret document lol.......I get a little tag happy sometimes

• Love 1

I think the actors often use words like "disgusted" and "worst/hardest/most gruesome" episode EVAH because they are trying to drum up interest. And they have to ramp it up season after season. And articles saying the same generate clicks as well.

Also, there was a error in that article - said "Sofia" instead of "Judith."

I do think the characters have made dumb mistakes, and often times do things in order to further the story, AND I think the Glenn "death" was a major low point of the show, but all these points being made, I doubt I'll be as shocked as the article's author seems to have been.

• Love 1

'Walking Dead's' Chandler Riggs on Carl's Eye-Opening Shocker
FEBRUARY 14, 2016 7:00pm PT by Lesley Goldberg
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-carl-eye-chandler-864137

The Walking Dead Episode 609 Post-Mortem: Andrew Lincoln Deconstructs The Epic Battle of Alexandria
Allen St. John FEB 14, 2016 @ 10:04 PM
http://www.forbes.com/sites/allenstjohn/2016/02/14/the-walking-dead-episode-609-post-mortem-andrew-lincoln-deconstructs-the-epic-battle-of-alexandria-recap-mid-season-premiere-amc-rick-grimes/#2f96d395cfad

Edited by tv echo
For future reference - from the article:

Included from left to right are Madison Lintz (Sophia), Kyla Kenedy (Mika), Jeryl Prescott (Jacqui), Brighton Sharbino (Lizzie), Chad L. Coleman (Tyreese), Tyler James Williams (Noah), David Morrissey (The Governor), Emily Kinney (Beth), IronE Singleton (T-Dog), Lawrence Gilliard Jr. (Bob), and Robin Lord Taylor (Sam).

ETA: Fixed busted-ass image link.

Edited by Nashville
  • Love 1

For future reference - from the article:

Included from left to right are Madison Lintz (Sophia), Kyla Kenedy (Mika), Jeryl Prescott (Jacqui), Brighton Sharbino (Lizzie), Chad L. Coleman (Tyreese), Tyler James Williams (Noah), David Morrissey (The Governor), Emily Kinney (Beth), IronE Singleton (T-Dog), Lawrence Gilliard Jr. (Bob), and Robin Lord Taylor (Sam)..

ETA: Fixed busted-ass image link.

Sam was the one I wasn't sure about with his hair that dark. And can the show please not repeat names. Or will "Sam" become a go-to name for an innocent-destined-to-die character? Edited by lulee

Great Lengthy interview with Andrew Lincoln (I've quoted a few excerpts)...

Andrew Lincoln: ‘I’m employed to go on a zombie frenzy killing spree'
Stuart Jeffries Tuesday 15 March 2016 14.05 EDT
http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/2016/mar/15/andrew-lincoln-im-employed-to-go-on-a-zombie-frenzy-killing-spree

Until 2010, after all, his CV was crammed with unremittingly British stuff – not just This Life, but probationary teacher Simon Casey in C4’s 00s dramedy Teachers, and turns in Britflicks such as Richard Curtis’s Love Actually and Made in Dagenham. How did his career switch so dramatically? Lincoln says he was lucky enough to look haggard after the recent birth of his second kid when he auditioned for the role of Rick Grimes. “I hadn’t slept for three days, and I was shell shocked. I had this apocalyptic chic that probably fitted the bill. I looked like I’d survived a zombie apocalypse.”

Frank [Darabont, show creator and director of The Shawshank Redemption and Green Mile] wanted the Gary Cooper of High Noon, a classical leading man, very moral, almost gentle and quiet. But he also wanted a family man, so the perfect storm of meeting someone who had just had his second child was really appealing to him.”

When he got the part, Lincoln signed away a chunk of his life. “You have to sign a standard Hollywood contract of five or six years. Generally, a show doesn’t go past one season, so it is a matter of hedging your bets. But we [he and his wife Gael Anderson, daughter of Jethro Tull frontman Ian Anderson] did have that conversation while our child was screaming during a night feed, and decided to risk it.”
None of his compatriots, though, manage to go quite as nuts on screen as Lincoln. In a recent episode, Grimes – understandably vexed after his girlfriend and her son are eaten by zombies, and his son has his eye put out in a shooting accident – picks up an axe to vent his spleen on the milling zombie hordes. Does he really go nuts or is the scene so choreographed that he has to be controlled? “Oh, I’m going nuts. Don’t worry about that. I’m employed to go into a zombie frenzy killing spree. That’s what I do.

“It is choreographed, of course, because otherwise we would have a lot of insurance problems. We’re very fortunate that we have a lot of committed, hardcore stunt zombies.”
If he had seen the results of his work, he might share the worries of some critics. Rick Grimes, they fear, has become less Gary Cooper and more a tooled-up nutjob devoid of a moral compass – perhaps even the show’s villain – rumoured on fan sites to be facing termination. Lincoln won’t comment on whether Grimes is going to be written out, but in any event he is now plotting his exit strategy from the show. Like anyone spearheading a lucrative franchise – think Craig as Bond, Spacey as President Underwood, Clarkson on Top Gear — he risks getting typecast and becoming frustrated.

“The fun of my job is I get to dress up for a living and play different people,” he says. That dream has been thwarted because of commitments to the show. “The window of opportunity is so small. I was going to do a play and it would have meant me getting off a plane from America and going straight to rehearsals, doing the play, getting back on plane and going straight back to America. I couldn’t do that. My No 1 responsibility when I’m not slaying zombies is being a parent.”

Edited by tv echo

Well, that sounds almost like he'd like his character to die so he could go do other things.

I liked your post because I agree with you, but I sure don't like it if he gets killed off.  It's certainly understandable on AL's part.  Interesting that he said you sign a series contract for five, six years.  Not seven, I guess.  OTOH, he could probably renegotiate for a ton of money if he could walk away now.

• Love 1

I honestly wouldn't be too worried about it (I'm not saying it's definitely not gonna happen; it still might) for a couple reasons:

-About every year, when finale time approaches, we get a sudden increase in AL interviews or articles about him, every single one implying that he could die any moment now;

-The things he actually said are those in quotation marks; everything else is inference by the interviewer. So, the "planning exit strategy-risks getting typecast-dreams being thwarted" bit? Not his words. His actual answer sounds more like something you'd tell someone who asks you why you don't have any side projects, not whether you'd want some. AL may very well want out, but at no point of that article is he quoted as saying he does.

(I really really hate the sentence "If he had seen the results of his work, he might share the worries of some critics", there's just something about it that rubs me the wrong way. It sounds like "clearly reading the scripts and actually acting out every word isn't enough for him to understand the storyline and his own character, because he's a bit of an idiot").

Anyway, that said, he still might go, but I wouldn't fret over it -yet, at least.

• Love 3

Yeah that was a weird read.

I think Andy is quite sarcastic much of the time. Maybe the interviewer asked him something that he didn't care for about Rick and Rick's trajectory or was throwing shade at Rick.

I also think he Andy gets shit from the British press 1) Because that's what the British press likes to do and 2) He is the lead on the highest rated cable show for 6 seasons and has been more successful in the US than the UK so he's gonna shade it.  Almost like the UK press is resentful of Andy's success.  The article certainly doesn't seem to celebrate his success, IMO

I mean why the fuck does the interviewer even ask him about politics? What does that have to do with his acting?

Bleh. I don't like that article at all. Shady is exactly right, @peach

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 2

Interesting that he said you sign a series contract for five, six years.  Not seven, I guess.  

I don't think that's so unusual.  If I'm not mistaken the Game of Thrones cast initially signed six-year contracts; other series might have contracts for five years.  Somewhere in the range of 5-6-7 years seems to be standard.

• Love 1

Actually, the tone of the whole article was a little shady. 

It was a sneering article, likely because The Guardian is somewhat frou-frou and looks down on that type of show. The writer's attempt to draw Andrew Lincoln into comments about Trump by way of the clumsy comparison that Trump's rhetoric = building walls to keep zombies out (which would get you a C on a term paper) is embarrassing. The attempt to act like Rick might die because some critics say Rick has become a "nutjob" is little better. The Guardian really isn't what it used to be, but the whole thing is below even their recent standards.

• Love 3

I don't think that's so unusual.  If I'm not mistaken the Game of Thrones cast initially signed six-year contracts; other series might have contracts for five years.  Somewhere in the range of 5-6-7 years seems to be standard.

Right.  I didn't mean it was unusual, just that he said five, six years, and we are the end of year 6.  So...are we at the end of Rick?  If he did sign a new contract, I doubt he'll want to commit to another five.

The writer's attempt to draw Andrew Lincoln into comments about Trump by way of the clumsy comparison that Trump's rhetoric = building walls to keep zombies out (which would get you a C on a term paper) is embarrassing.

Yes, that part was quite a stretch.  TWD does have some good political commentary (like the Governor and his false threats about enemies), but that ain't it.

Both of these have comics spoilers.

Merritt Wever interview.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/03/20/the-walking-dead-s-merritt-wever-how-denise-s-last-victory-saved-abraham-s-life.html

This article manages to address the "dead lesbian" issue without going overboard in trashing the show or showrunners itself:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/walking-dead-denise-dead-lesbian-trope-the-100

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 1

This article manages to address the "dead lesbian" issue without going overboard in trashing the show or showrunners itself:

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2016/03/walking-dead-denise-dead-lesbian-trope-the-100

This article was unsatisfactory to me on a couple of points:

• The article initially acknowledges how the show's basic premise should not exclude ANY group from danger purely on the grounds of cultural sensitivity. The majority of the rest of the article, however, has a distinct "yeah, but still..." flavor to it.
  • I found this statement more than a little galling:

Worth noting that Carl escaped with just an eyepatch while Denise died.

Yeah, that's kinda the difference between the damage caused by bone shrapnel from a glancing gunshot wound lacerating an eye versus the damage caused a crossbow bolt PENETRATING YOUR FUCKING SKULL AND PIERCING YOUR FUCKING BRAIN.

Has this person ever actually SEEN the show, or are they going off the Cliff's Notes? So please pardon me if I found this more than a little grating.

• Love 6

Worth noting that Carl escaped with just an eyepatch while Denise died.

Yeah, that's kinda the difference between the damage caused by bone shrapnel from a glancing gunshot wound lacerating an eye versus the damage caused a crossbow bolt PENETRATING YOUR FUCKING SKULL AND PIERCING YOUR FUCKING BRAIN.

Has this person ever actually SEEN the show, or are they going off the Cliff's Notes? So please pardon me if I found this more than a little grating.

And who chose to give Carl a glancing gunshot wound, and who chose to give Denise a brain-piercing crossbow bolt?  Isaac Newton?

Your objection makes even less sense since, "if you've ever actually READ the comics" (to coin a phrase), you'd know that Comic-Carl originally had a hole shot all the way through his skull, with daylight showing from the other side.  And yes, there was brain damage, resulting in some plot-convenient amnesia.  The TV writers consciously chose to let Carl off easy (and to give TV-Denise the fate of a different comic character).