Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast: News, Interviews and Articles

• Start Topic

Here's the announcement.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/25/walking-dead-90-minute-season-finale-march-29

The Walking Dead’s season five finale will be an extended 90-minute episode airing March 29 at 9 p.m., AMC announced Wednesday. In the finale, Daryl finds himself in trouble while out on a run. Meanwhile, in Alexandria, Rick and his group continue to feel like outsiders as danger lurks near the gates.

At 10:30 p.m. EST, AMC will air Talking Dead, the live after-show hosted by Chris Hardwick, to discuss the finale and bid farewell to fallen characters. Past guests have included Kevin Smith, Norman Reedus, Lauren Cohan and Conan O’Brien.

• Love 3

Season finale March 29?? Already???   Dang it, that seems like too soon......sigh........Season six is gonna take forever to get here...
I guess that's what I get 'cause I only started watching TWD during the season 1-4 marathon last Fourth of July..

• Love 1

Several interviews with TF - I couldn't decide if they were spoilerish or not, so just in case...

‘Walking Dead’ Q&A: Tovah Feldshuh On Playing Alexandria Leader Deanna Monroe and Rick’s Big Shave

MARCH 1, 2015 | 07:00PM PT  Geoff Berkshire

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/walking-dead-tovah-feldshuh-deanna-monroe-alexandria-interview-1201444130/

Meet Deanna: The Walking Dead leader of Alexandria (a.k.a. Tovah Feldshuh) speaks!

BY DALTON ROSS • Posted February 28 2015 — 2:20 PM EST

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/02/28/meet-deanna-walking-dead-leader-alexandria-aka-tovah-feldshuh-speaks

'Walking Dead': Meet the Queen of Alexandria

7:00 PM PST 3/1/2015 by Lesley Goldberg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-who-is-deanna-778486

I really liked this, from the Entertainment Weekly Q&A with Tovah Feldshuh by Dalton Ross:

As you said, it’s an integration episode with Rick’s group integrating into Alexandria, but it’s that way with the cast as well because its not just you—there are a lot of new cast members coming in to work with other people that have been around a while. That’s an interesting dynamic as well in terms of how you all were probably feeling around each other on set as well.

We were, but this is not a set of suspicion. I think that Andy [Lincoln] and Scott Gimple and Greg Nicotero laid the tracks for the vibe of The Walking Dead and it is the warmest, most optimistic loving set I think I’ve ever been on. They just are incredibly encouraging and have that quiet confidence that they’ll be able to meet the challenges that are coming toward them. They’re actually humble in those challenges.

• Love 1
(edited)

I knew the ratings were going to likely increase from last week, due to no Oscars, but all the homophobes out there whining about the show being ruined and no longer being acceptable make me even happier at this jump. Suck it bigots.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/03/03/sunday-cable-ratings-the-walking-dead-wins-night-talking-dead-real-housewives-of-atlanta-sister-wives-shameless-bar-rescue-more/369504/

Edited by Pete Martell
  • Love 7
(edited)

Ugh. That's why I like it in here. No one even brought up the characters being gay until a few pages in the episode thread. 

I suggest those whiners should watch How To Get Away With Murder instead (heh).

Edited by morgankobi
  • Love 5

Saturn Award nominations. 

Happy for ..., Emily, ...

Wait, they nominated EK for an acting award? 

And it's not a Razzy?

Or an award for most amateurish performance?

Credibility >>> zero

• Love 5

I'm sure the EK nomination was partly a bone tossed to her due to her being off the show now.  It really can't have been because she's a better actor than Danai or Lauren.  But they've changed the voting for these awards this year.  If anyone is willing to fork over $40, they can vote for their favorites.  So if EK has enough fans, they can buy her a win.  Sad, but true.

• Love 5
(edited)

It's a real shame she got nominated for an award she doesn't deserve; it tarnishes the award for the other nominees and winners.  There were far better supporting actresses on that show and other shows that got overlooked and EK stole one of their spots.  

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 2

Saturn Award nominations. 

Happy for Andrew (x2), Melissa, Norman, Emily, Chandler, but I wish Danai had been nominated too. Oh well.

http://www.hitfix.com/in-contention/captain-america-the-walking-dead-lead-2015-saturn-awards-nominations/2

Danai hasn't had anything good to sink her teeth into this season...She's been background pretty much, along with so many others.  Maybe she'll get her chance the rest of the back half.  So far though she hasn't had much except to be sunshiney Michonne, which is just weird...lol

I think she's had quite a bit to do in the last 3-4 episodes. I agree she didn't in the first half, but then neither did Norman until that one episode with Carol. I guess he's such a star he gets nominations no matter what...

I also think Melissa deserved lead actress, but my years of following the wretched Daytime Emmys tell me why that didn't happen.

• Love 2

I think she's had quite a bit to do in the last 3-4 episodes. I agree she didn't in the first half, but then neither did Norman until that one episode with Carol. I guess he's such a star he gets nominations no matter what...

I also think Melissa deserved lead actress, but my years of following the wretched Daytime Emmys tell me why that didn't happen.

I don't think nominations were made on the back half, and let's face it, Michonne was a over qualified babysitter the first half.  Daryl had a couple - first trying to get through to Carol and then his quest to rescue Beth.  I don't think there is some major conspiracy out there to rob Danai of an award.  She didn't do anything to get nominated for one.  Now look at her total work in TWD and the only one that exceeds her in my opinion is Melissa who is just off the charts incredible on this show.

I never said there was a conspiracy, I just wish she'd been nominated. If not this year then last season, where she did have more to do. There are usually just a few actors who tend to get nominated. I don't really think Norman had enough to get a nomination, but YMMV.

(edited)

But did she mean 30 before CDB arrived or after?

I'm thinking before, and with what we've seen so far I hope they have a bunch of bad asses hiding somewhere...

We've had:

2 idiot jerks

2 teenage boys

2 elderly

1 teenage girl (who could probably take all of them)

1 congresswoman

1 congresswoman's hubby (assuming he is alive...She said "My husband IS a professor of architecture")

1 hair stylist

1 fluffy gun collector

1 A-hole hubby

2 recruiters

1 dog walker

That's 15 peeps right there, and aside from Enid, Aaron, and Erik, I don't think any of them have a clue.  I'm assuming a bunch more are kids since they have two sessions of school.

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 2

I'm thinking before, and with what we've seen so far I hope they have a bunch of bad asses hiding somewhere...

Excellent count---we can use that for reference! So adding CDB we have...45?

Rick, Carl, Judith, Maggie, Glenn, Michonne, Sasha, Carol, Daryl, Abe, Rosita, Eugene, Tara, Noah, Father PP?

(edited)

Jessie also has a son younger than Ron. We saw him walking in the street with them before Rick broke the owl. Sam, I think she said.

Ahh that's right....I didn't put the doc in because we haven't seen him yet.  So we have:

2 idiot jerks (Aiden and ?)

2 teenage boys (Ron and Mike)

2 elderly (The Millers?)

1 teenage girl (Enid)

1 congresswoman (Deanna)

1 congresswoman's hubby (assuming he is alive...She said "My husband IS a professor of architecture")

1 hair stylist

1 fluffy gun collector

1 A-hole hubby

2 recruiters

1 dog walker

1 young boy (Sam)

So we are up to 16 + a doc we haven't seen.

Deanna said her "sons" helped the Dad put up the first walls.  Don't know how many there are or how many are alive.  I hope they aren't all douchebags.  

They better have some people with some skills in the ones that are left!

Edited by kj4ever
  • Love 1
(edited)

I think the other idiot was Nicholas

Yep. The "fluffy gun collector" is OIivia. The surgeon is Pete. The recruiters are Aaron & Eric.

Edited to add that Jessie's husband turned out to be Dr. Pete, so that throws off the count a little. Their sons are Ron and Sam. (The other teenage boy is Nicholas' son, Mikey.) Deanna Monroe's husband is Reg, and it turns out they have two sons: Aiden and Spencer.

Carol swapped dessert recipes with three women. Tobin & a redshirt were at the armory. There were plenty of Alexandrians at the mixer, including Mrs. Neudermyer and the woman who wants to cook for Sasha.

Edited by editorgrrl
  • Love 1

30 residents of ASZ? Why exactly would they need a constable and a deputy? Hmm, makes one wonder what's been going down there and/or what they're setting Rick & Co. up for...

• Love 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There is a story on the Yahoo homepage that suggests

Glenn is going to die at the end of this season.

I repeat, NOOOOOOOO!

Edited by Haleth

Don't worry.  There's always a story about

Glenn dying.

Ever since season 2, I believe.

True dat. Plus,

Kirkman has said more than once in interviews he feels the single biggest mistake he's made to date in the graphic novel series was killing off Glenn WAY too early - so I doubt he's in a rush to replicate that mistake on the TV series.

• Love 4

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! There is a story on the Yahoo homepage that suggests

Glenn is going to die at the end of this season.

I repeat, NOOOOOOOO!

Here's the story: 'The Walking Dead': Is Glenn a Goner? Here's Why We're a Little Worried

It's speculation (aka clickbait), not a spoiler. Their theory is based on:

• What happens in the comic.
  • Greg Nicotero said he "get chills" when he watches the season finale.
  • Norman Reedus said viewers should “bring your Kleenex, and you’ll be screaming at your television” during the season finale.
  • At NY Comic Con last year, Melissa McBride said, "It’s something I’m so proud of for [Carol]. It’s been something I never saw coming, and if I keep going, I’ll cry.”
  • Andrew Lincoln said Steven Yeun is the “hero” of Season 5B.

Seriously?! I haven't read the comic, but I thought stuff usually gets mashed up/remixed for the TV show. (For example, TV Bob got comic Dale's death.) And that MMB quote is about Carol. She was probably talking about the scene with Sam.

Don't get me started on TPTB & Norman Reedus talking about how "shocking" everything is.

• Love 4

Don't get me started on TPTB & Norman Reedus talking about how "shocking" everything is.

They can call it promotions, or hyping the show, teasers, but the bottom line is that it is propaganda. The only reason they are doing it is to make you more likely to watch the show. So if you believe ANYTHING said by someone associated with the show, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

• Love 3

They can call it promotions, or hyping the show, teasers, but the bottom line is that it is propaganda. The only reason they are doing it is to make you more likely to watch the show. So if you believe ANYTHING said by someone associated with the show, you're setting yourself up for disappointment. 

Effectively it can be propaganda. But it's also just natural for people to be excited in the projects that they are personally involved in. So may just be that as well. Either way it can't be trusted as objective input.

• Love 3

"Eugene" gave a five minute interview on a local radio station yesterday. He has a great personality and was fun to listen to. Didn't have much to offer in the way of spoilers or behind the scenes stuff but he did say that Sunday's episode was a big one for his character. Here's the link. Maybe. I'm no good at this stuff. As an aside.... How does someone like him end up giving an interview on some Podunk radio station?

: 03/12http://media.933theplanetrocks.com/a/103238297/the-rise-guys-josh-mcdermitt-03-12.htm

Yeah, I've been seeing articles on the line of that spoiler a few posts up for 2 years, no exaggeration. As paranoid as everyone else is about the ASZ, that's how paranoid I am about pop media.

"Eugene" gave a five minute interview on a local radio station yesterday. He has a great personality and was fun to listen to. Didn't have much to offer in the way of spoilers or behind the scenes stuff but he did say that Sunday's episode was a big one for his character. Here's the link. Maybe. I'm no good at this stuff. As an aside.... How does someone like him end up giving an interview on some Podunk radio station?

: 03/12http://media.933theplanetrocks.com/a/103238297/the-rise-guys-josh-mcdermitt-03-12.htm

His hometown or something?

On a side note, I really like Josh McDermitt.

Edited by BrokenRemote