Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast: News, Interviews and Articles

• Start Topic

I couldn't get through the whole show. It gives new meaning to the word horrendous. I mean bad acting, writing, cinematography, make up.... my god that is 30 minutes I'll never get back and knowing my luck if I ever get dementia I'll still remember it.

• Love 1

That's what I heard--that everything was horrible. One of the reviews said something about it being like a bunch of cosplayers running around a regular campground with the cameraman trying not to get the real tourists in the frame. Like a cheap student movie.

That's what I heard--that everything was horrible. One of the reviews said something about it being like a bunch of cosplayers running around a regular campground with the cameraman trying not to get the real tourists in the frame. Like a cheap student movie.

It was worse than that. I mean at first I thought it was going to be one of those stupid tongue in cheek type deals where it's so stupid it's hilarious but no, it was just BAD. Like the only way I would watch the last 30 minutes of it would be if I knew every one of the actors died and the world ended.  It was THAT bad.

• Love 1

Hopefully it means she's going to be walker chow...oppps did I say that out loud?

I second that emotion.

But which came first:

• did she find out she was pregnant so her character gets written out?
  • did she discover her character was being written out and tell her husband "Might as well be now before I get another job"?

Just had mental picture of how writers could keep her in a while: have her turn walker and then eat someone like the walker that ate Lori with the big belly!

"Oh crap! It's moving! She ate Judith whole! I can see a foot kicking! Eeuuw!"

Will this news be just the beginning?

Think about it! When the show began, they only made 6 episodes for spec---no one was sure it would catch on. Actors signed on without any expectations. But it became a huge hit series, and may be there for a lot longer.

Emily Kinney is about 30; I'm sure she was just amazed to get a role on a series--she's not the world's greatest actress. But now? At what point does she start thinking "I'll be in menopause before this ends; if I don't get killed off I better start a family now."

Lauren Cohan? Easy to see how writers could work a pregnancy in for Maggie. Or not.

The male characters have one less reason to have their storyline canceled. But the show now has all these young women---but not so young that children aren't a decision that must be made. (Actually, SMG is younger than EK LC, CS, )

• Love 2

To me, bringing babies into established shows is always a mistake. They complicate and slow things down and I for one spend way too much time worrying and thinking about them, like how many cans of formula, bottles, baby clothes and diapers could Tyreese have grabbed when they fled the prison and stuffed in his backpack? How did he prepare and heat up her formula however many times a day she had to eat? Surely she needs some solids by now and where are they getting it?

IMO, they should have left us with the empty baby carrier. Sorry, Judith. RIck didn't care much about her, and I care not at all.

• Love 4

To me, bringing babies into established shows is always a mistake. They complicate and slow things down and I for one spend way too much time worrying and thinking about them, like how many cans of formula, bottles, baby clothes and diapers could Tyreese have grabbed when they fled the prison and stuffed in his backpack? How did he prepare and heat up her formula however many times a day she had to eat? Surely she needs some solids by now and where are they getting it?

IMO, they should have left us with the empty baby carrier. Sorry, Judith. RIck didn't care much about her, and I care not at all.

I wish they would have kept to the comic book version of

Lori and Judith dying together during the Woodbury battle, even at the risk of having more Lori on my screen. I just don't know how they can really get into the action or travel at any point with a baby.

Re:  Baby food - Remember the cottage had a baby grave and I think in one of the deleted scenes it shows a bunch of baby food in the cottage kitchen.

Edited by Dougal
Spoiler-tag book spoilers.
  • Love 2

Baby food - Remember the cottage had a baby grave and I think in one of the deleted scenes it shows a bunch of baby food in the cottage kitchen.

No, I didn't see that, but that's kind of another example of what I mean. There must be all sorts of contrivances that do nothing for the story just to let us know there's baby stuff for the baby and she's not starving or being neglected.

book version of

Lori and Judith dying together during the Woodbury battle.

I never read the books so didn't know that.

Killing babies is never popular with audiences so I guess TPTB didn't have the cojones to do it, even if it takes place off-screen. I understood the need to kill Hershel, since a one-legged old man would be a major impediment for people literally on the run, but a baby is even worse. Too much attention and discussion needs to be focused on both, to the detriment of the flow of the tale.

Edited by Dougal
Tag book spoilers.
  • Love 2

like how many cans of formula, bottles, baby clothes and diapers could Tyreese have grabbed when they fled the prison and stuffed in his backpack? How did he prepare and heat up her formula however many times a day she had to eat?

me too.  I know the cottage had some baby stuff but they did spent days and nights before and after the cottage.

Sorry, but I can't even pass by pet dishes without washing and scrubbing any residue---the whole time I watch the Carol/Tyreese scenes I'm thinking how are they sterilizing those bottles? Tell me they aren't just rinsing them in the creek! Even if you had bottles with those disposable inserts (I forgot the name) you still have the nipples and the caps that the baby's had in her mouth!

I remember thinking when Lizzie made that big show of wrinkling her nose and throwing the diaper far away that the show was yelling "see? That's why Daryl and Beth won't see the used diaper when they come along later and see the grapes!"

.But I was thinking "if you want to show someone who is squeamish and disgusted by something nasty, is Lizzie really the most credible choice?"

• Love 2

---the whole time I watch the Carol/Tyreese scenes I'm thinking how are they sterilizing those bottles?

See? That's the kind of thang I'm talkin' about! Yeah, I was thinking about that too. Takes me right out of the story. No more babies!!

Even if they had allowed Daryl to adopt that one-eyed Gov. dog it wouldn't be nearly as distracting as worrying about the major diaper rash Judith must surely have.

• Love 3

I don't think they're going tn need to go on more baby formula raids.

Since filming started in May and ended in August she wouldn't even be showing.  If she was, there are a million ways to hide a small bump.  Tie a sweater around the midsection.  Done.  

If they needed to do pickups while she was heavily pregnant they could film her scenes from the waist up. 

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 2
I remember Frank Darabont, after the first season we were at a party in LA, He said, ‘I’ve got an idea for Daryl. He’s gay. Would you be interested in that?’ I was like, ‘Let me hear you out.’ He said, ‘Well, he’s prison gay—like, you’ll catch him looking at a member of the same sex, but if you mention it to him, he’ll just stab you and be like what the fuck?—he will never admit it.’ I was like, ‘That’ll blow minds—let’s do that.’ And he said, ‘I knew I hired you for a reason.’

In this interview Norman Reedus explains him and Frank Darabont had decided Daryl was a closeted gay man.  Of course Darabont isn't involved anymore so who knows, but found it interesting.  The whole interview is pretty good.

http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebrities/201410/norman-reedus?currentPage=1

• Love 3

Thanks, kikismom.  I'm not impressed by the casting breakdown.  Looks like it's two small families, and one spouse from each family is conveniently dead.  I'm guessing that the 40-something dad and the 30-something mom will team up and be future romantic partners, that the rebellious teenage boy and the level-headed teenage girl will be another potential romance, that the screwed-up teenage boy will turn bad, and that the 40-something flower child will turn into another Carol (initially cowed, later badass). I wouldn't be surprised if the 40-something dad is a combination of Rick and Darryl.

• Love 3

Thanks, kikismom.  I'm not impressed by the casting breakdown.  Looks like it's two small families, and one spouse from each family is conveniently dead.  I'm guessing that the 40-something dad and the 30-something mom will team up and be future romantic partners, that the rebellious teenage boy and the level-headed teenage girl will be another potential romance, that the screwed-up teenage boy will turn bad, and that the 40-something flower child will turn into another Carol (initially cowed, later badass). I wouldn't be surprised if the 40-something dad is a combination of Rick and Darryl.

You got it so right with the automatic built-in romance. They haven't even started filming and it's obvious.

I almost threw up when I saw the bit about angry teenage boy---wow, really taking this show in a daring direction, huh? 

What I like about the original pilot was the mix of so many different people and how they interacted, and how they responded differently to events. Time enough later to narrow it down.

I'm getting a bad feeling that this could be where the franchise jumps the shark.

Why so many kids?!

Maybe it's just me, but I see that as a bad omen. That age group is notoriously attractive to networks because they spend the most disposable income on entertainment related merchandise. 2 teenage boys that are out of the "brooding young bad-boy hunk" supply, and a girl-power doppelganger. Oh dear.

Vampire Diaries should keep an eye on the scripts for this; a case for plagiarism may be available soon!

• Love 2

The fact that we know so much about it is weird. As long as it doesn't water down TWD:OriginalEdition I guess I'll be fine with it. I really don't want to immediately see merchandise for all these people next to Rick and Daryl, you know? And this cast doesn't sound...gritty maybe? Tough? Maybe it is the gaggle of kids.

• Love 1

I did see another article earlier, which included a weird remark about how at the ASZ  "after the hair-cutting and shaving is done". That startled me a bit, and then of course there is the season 5 poster with Rick and Carl:http://www.cinetudo.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/the-Walking-Dead-5-temporada-.jpg

Rick is comparatively clean-cut (and almost smiling?)

and look at CR's hair! God he is growing up.

Edited by kikismom

From the article that made Kikismom take up smoking:

As a consequence, the violence — and there’s a lot of it — has a clear sense of purpose that often eludes other series in the premium or near-premium genre. It’s also an impediment to those who can’t see past the ambulatory corpses, one reason “Dead” has never gotten its awards due.

By the 3rd season, I didn't see this as a "zombie show" anymore. Really it could have been any calamity that destroys all order and all that is familar and plunges the human race back to a kill or be killed era. To me it's a fascinating but scary look at just how far people would be willing to go to just to stay alive one more day, how much they will struggle and not give up no matter how hopeless the situation. 

• Love 3

Anyone watch the livestream of PaleyFest last night? It was absolutely hilarious. This cast truly operates like a well oiled machine. Scott Gimple is amazingly funny.

Last year they released TWD PaleyFest panel in movie theaters for one night, it was awesome to see them on the big screen. Hopefully they do it again this year, I would totally watch the panel again.

• Love 1

I didn't watch the livestream because something always happens to my connections, probably because so many people are connected too?  But I did see it last year in the movie theater and I also wish it happens again this year.

I really thought they'd have a lower premiere this time around. Hype fades and the show's been on a long time compared to many flash shows that lose attention and ratings after a year or two.

That was a damn good opener, so I'm glad their hard work was rewarded.

• Love 2