Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast: News, Interviews and Articles

• Start Topic

I think that Kirkman's ego cannot take the anger that it is directed at him from this vocal minority of the online fans. The note read like, "please don't be angry with us." If they think this was the right decision for the show, then  Kirkman, Gimple, et al. need to woman up and ignore the bitching and hysteria.

On 5/4/2016 at 1:51 PM, Janimo said:

Just saw this link on facebook. I really don't care what Kirkman has to say.....Because of the so-called "cliffhanger" I don't really care who was killed....and I'm not speculating about it during the summer...I just don't care....I think his apology is pretty crappy, but that's just my opinion.

http://comicbook.com/thewalkingdead/2016/05/04/robert-kirkman-writes-promises-awesome-walking-dead-season-7-pre/

Well, THAT was a righteous piece of horseshit. 

Something along the lines of a "Sorry your puny minds can't appreciate my greatness" apology - which really isn't an apology at all.

Sorry, Bobby, but you're not doing anything new and great here; the Kill-Off-A-Major-Character-Or-Two-A-Season bit is already a TWD trope.  Only difference this time is you think stretching it out across summer hiatus is exciting and innovative, and the naysaying fans don't understand its genius.  Which we understand it, sure; we just don't think there's anything particularly ingenious about it. 

I, for one, think it's simple laziness - but hey, maybe that's just me.  Or, maybe, me and a few hundred thousand other watchers.

But you just go right on talking about how great everything you do is. 

Me, I'm going to go get caught up on 12 Monkeys.

• Love 2
(edited)
On May 15, 2016 at 8:11 AM, kia112 said:

Or a Foxx.

Cool; hadn't heard about that'un.

Ain't it nice when stars act like real live nice people?  ;)

Edited by Nashville
Fixing typos

I have no idea where this would go, but Cudlitz was the guest of the Fairly Normal podcast today. It was the podcast's first live one and it was incorporated into Nashville's Wild West Comedy fest, so there was an audience, of which I was a part of. I'm not sure when the cast is going to air, though. Nothing mindblowing was revealed. Someone asked him if he added/changed any dialogue and he said absolutely not because Gimple is such a stickler for that because he allegedly has some masterplan already in place and changing one piece of dialogue would ruin the whole tapestry. Another person asked how much lead time is given to an actor so that they're aware their character is being killed (typically 2-3 episodes). The only thing that caught my ear was the way he referred to Gimple as the current showrunner, as if that could be changing soon, but that also could have just as easily just been awkward phrasing. He's a sweet guy and I ended up taking a picture with him after the show.

• Love 2

Red Nose Day skit. It's fun to see the cast getting to do some schtick (Cristian, Sonequa and Ross especially had moments I liked). Andrew Lincoln looks beautiful as always. And there are a few surprise cameos...

• Love 2

I don't know if I believe that. We leave the show with Sam saying "Mom, mom, mom," increasing the volume each time while they inch through a herd of walkers, but when the show picks up, they act like nothing happened. We also went from day to night in a matter of 2 minutes. These are glaring continuity errors that seems like they could have been resolved fairly easily with a reshoot, but it didn't happen. AMC seems like they're on Saved by the Bell production levels of cheapness, but I'm supposed to believe they filmed 11 versions of the same thing? And what does it matter if they filmed 11 versions if an actor stops showing up for work after a few weeks?

Walking Dead: Jeffrey Dean Morgan Plus 3 Others Promoted to Series Regular

The Walking Dead has promoted the bat-wielding baddie’s portrayer, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, to a full-fledged series regular ahead of Season 7, TVLine has confirmed.The AMC smash has also upped Tom Payne (Team Rick’s Jesus), Austin Amelio (Team Savior’s Dwight) and Xander Berkeley (Team Hilltop’s Gregory) to the regular ranks. All four joined the show in Season 6 as recurring guest stars.

I can't figure out how to post it, but Norman Reedus posted a video of him glitter-bombing Andrew Lincoln's car, I'm assuming on set. It's blowing out of the air vents, so if he puts on the air, it streams out.

Needless to say, Andrew Lincoln didn't look super pleased as I'm assuming Norman is geeking out so much you can't even recognize his voice.

If you need another reason to hate Kirkman, here it is...

He insists he’ll never reveal it in the comic, or on The Walking Dead or Fear the Walking Dead TV series, but Kirkman says he knows what caused the outbreak that led to his universe’s zombie apocalypse. His reason for not revealing it on the shows? It would make them “too sci-fi.”

Seriously, you know exactly how all this happens (it would be different if he had no idea, which would be realistic for the average person caught in the ZA) and you will not give loyal fans this closure?  Of course, it is probably nothing more interesting then mad scientist does something stupid and causes a virus to mutate.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, qtpye said:

If you need another reason to hate Kirkman, here it is...

I didn't really need another reason to hate Kirkman, but thanks anyway for the assist.  :)

He insists he’ll never reveal it in the comic, or on The Walking Dead or Fear the Walking Dead TV series, but Kirkman says he knows what caused the outbreak that led to his universe’s zombie apocalypse. His reason for not revealing it on the shows? It would make them “too sci-fi.”

Seriously, you know exactly how all this happens (it would be different if he had no idea, which would be realistic for the average person caught in the ZA) and you will not give loyal fans this closure?  Of course, it is probably nothing more interesting then mad scientist does something stupid and causes a virus to mutate.

Kirkland is so full of bullshit the roses growing out of his ass would take 1st prize at the State Fair.  

1. Special K already had about six years' worth of TWD graphic novel in the can before AMC ordered a test pilot for the TV series.
  2. He threw a royal shitfit about Darabont's Season 1 finale at the CDC, saying it "gave away too much information ".
  3. And what, exactly, was the big giveaway? Why, that everybody was already infected.
  4. So far as the origins of the Zombie Virus go, Kirkman only says two things about it; (a) he was upset at the CDC episode's France references, and (b) it would be "fun to explore in the spinoff series" - which didn't happen.

My take?  

1. Kirkman deliberately avoided any initial reference to the ZV origins and nature in the graphic novel series because he wasn't confident enough in his science to construct a believable hypothesis without holes big enough to sink the Titanic.  Michael Crichton he ain't.
  2. After a year or so of the GN successfully dodging the ZV question, it became Kirkman's MacGuffin; he might frequently reference it, but he'd never attempt to define it.
  3. As time went on, all the continued references-without-definition combined to create something which could never be defined - at least, not without contradicting at least a few of the preceding references.
  4. Kirkman's ego won't let him admit this, though, so he falls back on his "I know and I've known all along but I'm CERTAINLY not going to TELL you" evasion.

The primary reason I believe this is because of WHY Kirkman was upset at the CDC-France references.  Kirkman never said anything to the effect that Darabont either (a) got it wrong, or (b) got it right but exposed something Kirkman didn't want exposed yet - either of which could be considered valid reasons for ire if the ZV origin/nature premise had already been written.  Instead Special K throws a hissy because he feels it ties his hands on future exploration, which is a virtual assertion the ZV origin/nature premise has NOT been written - not yet, anyway, if ever.  

P.S.: And this was in a 2014 article - ELEVEN YEARS after the GN started publication.  So if Special K hasn't wrote it in the past decade, I doubt he's gonna start now.

Edited by Nashville
Grammar cleanup, added PS
  • Love 4

OK yall, I just saw this and now I am really nervous. This is a brand new "sneak peek" type thing, please check it out and just to be safe, Ima spoiler tag the rest.

Spoiler

SO, if you watched the clip, you know whomever was on Rick's immediate RIGHT is the one that got Lucilled. I had to search a bit but I finally found the famous line up and the person to Rick's right? MAGGIE!!!! I find it very hard to believe TPTB would actually slaughter a preggo woman but it sure does look like it now!

I keep seeing articles with quotes from Greg Nicotero (director of the premiere and chief in charge of special effects).  His quotes gall me.  He describes the reaction of fans unhappy with the episode as "knee-jerk".  Or as in this article where he says: "I would say that [their threat] means we have done something to affect these people in a way that they don’t necessarily know how to process,” he told TV Line. “Listen… I’ve been shocked at the turns of events on [‘Game of Thrones’]. But you know what? I still love it. And I’m still committed to seeing where that story goes. So I think it’s a knee-jerk reaction that people have, because they care about these characters."

My response is:  No sir, you have it all wrong.  Take a step off your refusal to see that you may have made some poor choices.  Take the criticism like a champ.  You are speaking down to the audience and maybe that explains your choices, you just didn't think we would get your story point unless you beat it into the ground over and over.  Rick's hubris needed a check, but your own at this point needs one too.  I know how to process reactions, and I have reflected a great deal on why this episode just didn't cut it for me, your suggestion otherwise is just out of line and rude.  You are a talented man, but in this quote you veered beyond your expertise with more pride than understanding. "

• Love 7

Nicotero can suck my nuts.   I've processed all three August Underground movies, processed Irreversible, Man bites Dog, A Serbian Film,  Slaughtered Vomit Dolls, and other disgusting shit I'm too ashamed to list.  This simply bored me.  

Edited by Mu Shu
  • Love 2

"I would say that [their threat] means we have done something to affect these people in a way that they don’t necessarily know how to process,” he told TV Line. “Listen… I’ve been shocked at the turns of events on [‘Game of Thrones’]. But you know what? I still love it. And I’m still committed to seeing where that story goes. So I think it’s a knee-jerk reaction that people have, because they care about these characters."

OMG, can he really be that obtuse? Is it just an act? He honestly thinks people are "shocked" and not pissed because of who died, at the "turn of events" and not at their crappy writing, cheap and badly done cliffhangers and dreary, interminable fillers? If that's truly what he believes, I see no improvement ahead.  Just... wow. 

• Love 1

I honestly don't have a problem with characters I love dying or with violence. I do think constant killing of characters on the most violently shocking way gets boring. What bugs me is the constant anvil of twirling mustachioed villains with very few decent people left. Before anyone says it, I do believe that decent people with brains would survive the Zombie Apocalypse . 

• Love 4

I just saw a promo for a show coming on Fox after the Superbowl, called Legacy.  The actor who plays Heath is shown, so I guess at some point he'll get chomped on TWD?  (I haven't read the comics.)  In any event, I'm glad he's gotten new work.  (Plus, there's Jimmy Smits so I'll definitely be watching.)  

2 hours ago, Ohwell said:

I just saw a promo for a show coming on Fox after the Superbowl, called Legacy.  The actor who plays Heath is shown, so I guess at some point he'll get chomped on TWD?  (I haven't read the comics.)  In any event, I'm glad he's gotten new work.  (Plus, there's Jimmy Smits so I'll definitely be watching.)  

It's the reboot of 24. I don't know how much the shooting schedules overlap, but it might only mean that Heath is only in a few episodes but not necessarily walker bait. With the other story lines going on, it's not like they'll be at Alexandria all the time, anyway. Plus, the plot could have him out on supply runs or whatever offscreen and then appear when Corey is available.

Final ratings for this week's TWD episode (7x02-TheWell) were 6.1 demo and 12.46 total viewers:
http://www.spoilertv.com/2016/11/final-adjusted-tv-ratings-for-sunday.html

Last week's premiere ratings (ep. 7x01) were 8.4 demo and 17.03 total viewers.

RATINGS: AMC’S “THE WALKING DEAD” FALLS SHARPLY, STILL DOMINATES CABLE
BY BRIAN CANTOR   Nov. 1, 2016
http://headlineplanet.com/home/2016/11/01/ratings-amcs-walking-dead-falls-sharply-still-dominates-cable/

Unlike last week’s episode, this Sunday’s “The Walking Dead” was not a heavily hyped season premiere. It also faced competition from the World Series in addition to its usual Sunday Night Football foe.
According to live+same-day data posted by Showbuzz, Sunday’s episode drew a 6.09 adults 18-49 rating and 12.46 million total viewers. The numbers sharply trail the 8.36 rating and 17.03 million total viewer mark garnered by last week’s episode.

Despite the big decline, “The Walking Dead” still easily ranked as Sunday’s highest rated and most watched cable original.

Among all programs, it was the night’s #3 show in adults 18-49 — only the aforementioned two sporting events fared better.

Edited by tv echo
On ‎2016‎-‎10‎-‎30 at 6:36 PM, Zahdii said:

This forum, and only this forum (for me) is acting so strange.  It keeps marching down the page all on it's own.  How do I report this?

It's doing that for me too, so if you figure it out, let me know!

Sunday cable ratings: ‘Walking Dead’ down but stays on top, ‘Real Housewives of Atlanta’ returns lower
RICK PORTER  NOVEMBER 8, 2016
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/sunday-cable-ratings-nov-6-2016/

“The Walking Dead” declined a little bit more with its third episode of the season Sunday, but it still had no real competition for the top spot in the cable rankings.

The show drew a 5.7 rating in adults 18-49 and 11.72 million viewers, down from 6.1 and 12.46 million the previous week. Its 18-49 rating was still more than three times better than the No. 2 show, “Talking Dead” (1.8).

Edited by tv echo