Type keyword(s) to search

The Cast: News, Interviews and Articles

• Start Topic

(edited)

bearcatfan originally posted this link in the Outlander forum, but it's relevant here, too.  This is a recording of Entertainment Weekly magazine's "Brave New Warriors" panel at the 2015 San Diego Comic Con, via GeekNation.  Michael Cudlitz participated:

http://geeknation.com/videos/sdcc-15-ews-brave-new-warriors-panel/#.VaEpSuP6ohg.twitter

Edited to add:  Here's a clearer version of the same panel, courtesy of Flicks and the City:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HU-sMcGvptA

Edited by LeighAnne

Holy crap, where do we discuss the trailer from Comic Con?

Then, holy crap once more after you think it's over.

Isn't that trailer a nice WD hit? LOVED IT. Agree with others that Rick is not actually holding a gun on Morgan and saying, "WHO DO YOU THINK YOU'RE TALKING TO?" But it honestly doesn't matter to me. There was plenty there to make me think  we're going to see some fabulous crazy shit. I cannot wait.

It's nice to get a little dose of TWD, but it's the same typical BS we always get. Scenes edited out of context to portray something completely different than what is really happening. I watch that trailer and it tells me that Rick is taking over at ASZ and pretty much everyone is in agreement. Oh, they want it to seeeeeem like there is conflict. but I'm not buying it. And a hinted at conflict between Rick and Morgan? Nope, not buying that for one second either. Everything I saw tells me that CDB is getting the Alexandrians up to speed with the ZA, and otherwise it's same old same old, the usual run in with a herd and encountering strangers to introduce new fodder, er, I mean characters.

Maybe I've seen too many trailers from TPTB and interviews with the cast/crew promising 'mind blowing' or 'game changing', and it never materializes. Like I said, it's nice to get a taste of TWD, but there is nothing there but fluff.

It's nice to get a little dose of TWD, but it's the same typical BS we always get. Scenes edited out of context to portray something completely different than what is really happening. I watch that trailer and it tells me that Rick is taking over at ASZ and pretty much everyone is in agreement. Oh, they want it to seeeeeem like there is conflict. but I'm not buying it. And a hinted at conflict between Rick and Morgan? Nope, not buying that for one second either. Everything I saw tells me that CDB is getting the Alexandrians up to speed with the ZA, and otherwise it's same old same old, the usual run in with a herd and encountering strangers to introduce new fodder, er, I mean characters.

Maybe I've seen too many trailers from TPTB and interviews with the cast/crew promising 'mind blowing' or 'game changing', and it never materializes. Like I said, it's nice to get a taste of TWD, but there is nothing there but fluff.

Well I'd expect them to make a promo trailer as compelling as possible...it's TV! But there was plenty in those four minutes to thoroughly hook me--just Ricky running like hell, Congresswoman Deanna sitting and playing in a blood puddle, and a low aerial shot of a herd on the outside of the fences was like a plateful full of WD appetizers. I don't see how we can definitively call it fluff or Emmy-bait until we see the show. YMMV.

• Love 2

The fantastic people at Flicks and the City recorded the entire Walking Dead panel at the 2015 San Diego Comic Con:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6dEnjpixsQU

I flat out started cackling at the discussion of Abraham's, "Who's Deanna?" line.  Scott Gimple described the line as not intended to be funny when written, but Michael Cudlitz turned it into an "epic film."  Greg Nicotero said it came off like a drunk guy heckling from the back of a room, to which Cudlitz shot back that he was put waaaaaaaaaaay in the back for the scene and had to almost shout to make himself heard.  It's still making me giggle.

• Love 3

Hmm, this seems a bit premature to me...

AMC's The Walking Dead is keeping three main Alexandria residents around.

The zombie drama on Wednesday released the key art for the series and The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Tovah Feldshuh (Deanna Monroe), Alexandra Breckenridge (Jessie Anderson) and Austin Nichols (Spencer Monroe) have been promoted to regulars. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-promotes-three-series-821299

Hmm, this seems a bit premature to me...

AMC's The Walking Dead is keeping three main Alexandria residents around.

The zombie drama on Wednesday released the key art for the series and The Hollywood Reporter has learned that Tovah Feldshuh (Deanna Monroe), Alexandra Breckenridge (Jessie Anderson) and Austin Nichols (Spencer Monroe) have been promoted to regulars. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/walking-dead-promotes-three-series-821299

Hmmm... Spencer... he's the son who DOESN'T run like a coward, shoot hand grenades, and get his guts eaten alive by zombie hordes, right?

Just checking. ;>

• Love 1

Hmmm... Spencer... he's the son who DOESN'T run like a coward, shoot hand grenades, and get his guts eaten alive by zombie hordes, right?

Just checking. ;>

Yep, that's the one, although he does trust Father Gabriel to lock the gate, so maybe he's not the sharpest tool in the shed.

• Love 4

Interview with Scott Gimple.

Why The Walking Dead Kills off so Many Black Characters.

Pretty much what I thought. TL;DR - the cast the people who they thought were the best actors, regardless of what race/gender the original character was written to be.

Alos, beware spoilers in the article, if you are not caught up yet.

There is, of course, a very simple way of dealing with the issue; if TPTB don't hire any black actors, then they won't have to kill off any black actors.

For the uninitiated - yes, that was sarcasm.

I posted this in the FTWD forum, but I thought we might speculate here about which two TWD storylines Kirkman might be referencing:

I still don't understand how FTWD is going to get from pre-ZA to TWD's third season in just six episodes. Flashforwardses?

Well, we skipped forward a week and a half in 1 episode of FTWD, so flashforwarding to match up with the TWD timeline looks more and more possible all the time.

Except, that's not what I thought I was getting into, going in to FTWD;  I really thought it was supposed to be a chronicling of the start and beginning stages of the ZA.  As much as I love TWD, why would I want to watch the exact same show, only a different location and different actors?  And if they're going to basically 'merge' the timelines (at least, at some point), why not just go ahead and do away with FTWD and merge the C/M/S group into CDB & TWD?

• Love 1

Just checking. ;>

No, he's just the son who DOES leave a coward like FPP to close and lock the gate, then runs off to shirk his duty just to get the juice on a big 'town meeting', and then stands there like an idiot when Rick brings a dead walker in and has to explain that nobody was watching the OPEN gate.  :-)

• Love 1

I've been waiting not so patiently for Season 5 to be released and spent the past two nights re-watching (I admit that I did skip the Beth-centered episode at the hospital). I can't wait for the new season to start!

• Love 2

I've rewatched it before with the marathons and that's the one I always skip too. It's not only that I never really cared for Beth, but every character in the hospital is just so flat (minus Noah) and/or gross and not even in the enjoyable way like Merle was.

• Love 1

why not just go ahead and do away with FTWD and merge the C/M/S group into CDB & TWD?

Clark/Manawa/Salazar?  Oh GOD no!  They all suck!  I'd only want to see them on TWD if they show up at Terminus and are the first ones to get cannibalized.

I'm disappointed the actor who plays Aaron didn't get promoted.  He's my favorite Alexandrite, so of course he'll probably get eaten. 

Edited by GreyBunny
  • Love 1

For some reason I remember Melissa mcbride not getting main character status until season 3or 4 or something so I don't take much of that to heart.

IIRC Carol's story arc as originally written was pretty much complete after the revelation of what happened to Sophia; when Carol disappeared in the bowels of the Prison in early S3, initial intentions were that she would never be seen again. Positive fan reaction to the character, however, resulted in Carol's salvation - in more ways than one. ;)

• Love 2

Andy with his wife, Gael.

andrew-lincoln-and-zombie-and-gael-ander

"The owner of this website (cloudpix.co) does not allow hotlinking to that resource (/images/andrew-lincoln/andrew-lincoln-and-zombie-and-gael-anderson-49b1918eba6d5a60f17122752849b621-large-453576.jpg)."

From TWD fan premiere at Madison Square Garden on Oct. 9, 2015 (whole cast - plus surprise guests, Emily Kinney, Jon Bernthal, Scott Wilson, Michael Rooker, and others)...

The Walking Dead Fan Premiere Video - Season 6 Madison Square Garden
Published on Oct 12, 2015, by JustinColbyTv

The Walking Dead Season 6 FAN PREMIERE HIGHLIGHTS - TWD at Madison Square Garden MSG
Published on Oct 11, 2015, by Jim Depaul

AMC The Walking Dead Throws Awesome Party at Madison Square Garden
Published on Oct 11, 2015, by CelebrityMagnet0105

Walking Dead Fan Premiere Q&A Madison Square Garden New York City Part 1
Published on Oct 11, 2015, by deadendust

Walking Dead Fan Premiere Cast Q&A Madison Square Garden New York City Part 2
Published on Oct 11, 2015, by deadendust

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 2

Scott M. Gimple on ‘The Walking Dead’ and What Those Zombies Are Really Eating

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/23/arts/television/the-walking-dead-season-6-scott-m-gimple.html

Q. I really enjoy the show. But what’s the deal with the whole One Black Guy at a Time rule? Will there ever be more than one strong African-American male character? — John, Ann Arbor

A. No deal, no rule. This is a very difficult topic—we do, sadly, lose characters on a regular basis; it’s a part of our show. With casting, I don’t preclude anyone from the process. In the comics, Bob was Caucasian. Lawrence Gillard came in and had one of the best auditions I’ve ever seen. I knew Bob was destined to die at the beginning of Season 5, but I didn’t want to deny the show a tremendous actor. Noah was a character invented for the show. I also knew he was going to die, but when Tyler James Williams came in and gave me a lump in my throat with his audition, the role was his. Above all, I want to tell you a great story, and I want to continue to hire the best actors, period, and cast them without any boundaries.

Nicotero making more rounds talking about Glenn, Nicholas and "Thank You" [spoilers for that episode, obviously; choose your own type and grain of salt about implications for characters and future episodes]

TVGuide

EntertainmentWeekly

What I'm getting is Nicotero wanted Glenn's moment to be a rip off of Jon Snow's. 

Great original story-telling guys.

• Love 1