Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E26: Under Cheryl's Spell/S07.E27: The Best Is Yet to Come/S07.E28: Abby's Last Dance/S07.E29: Chloe & Christi's Encore

OnceSane
  • Start Topic

26. With one week until Nationals, Cheryl adds an old rival to the team, but the moms aren’t happy with sharing the spotlight. Kalani suffers a catastrophic injury, putting her solo and the group routine in jeopardy, and the pressure of winning brings Camryn to her breaking point.

27. Emotions run high as the team prepares for their final Nationals competition as the Irreplaceables. With four solos, the girls go head-to-head to see who can come out on top as the National title winner. As this chapter comes to an end, the moms and girls all contemplate what their future holds.

28. Abby sits down to celebrate her seven years as America’s most infamous dance coach. We’ll get Abby’s take on what inspired her most beloved choreography, the inside scoop on her recent surgery, hilarious uncovered footage with Abby’s mystery man and some shocking moments that never aired on TV.

29. Dance Moms favorites Christi and Chloe set the record straight on some of the show’s most memorable moments and reveal their side of the story of why they quit, why they returned and what it was like being away for over two years.

Sorry Nia and Chloe, if someone comes in who's better than you, they get the job/solo. That's how the entertainment bussiness works. Nia's had this "I've been here longest so I deserve blah blah blah for a long time now, even to telling JoJo she took opportunities away from her & she's been there longer. And Chloe's "Wahh it sucks dancing back-up, with all the BLOOD, SWEAT AND TEARS we been through". Excuse me?! You quit ages ago and haven't even danced in 2 years! So spare me the pity crap. These girls needs an attitude adjustment and a dose of reality as well as their insufferably vile mothers.

Edited by PumpkinLumpkin
  • Love 16

Reagan reminds me of Elle Fanning in Maleficent, especially in her solo.

I did not know that Kameron has only been dancing for five years.  I wouldn't have guessed it.  I'm glad she won.

I didn't miss Kendall, even though I don't dislike her.

I'm glad the group won.

Any chance that Dance Moms is cancelled, but Cheryl will carry on with a new show?

• Love 2

Was that the real Nationals or a made for tv nationals so they could all win?  Where were all the people?  Hardly any audience or other dancers.  I mean this was Nationals, the end of the season big deal.   That being said the moms in Dance Moms are absolutely awful.  I hope Cheryl does carry on with a new group of kids and moms.

• Love 9

Well that was some crowd watching "Nationals". The vast majority of the audience came dressed as empty seats. 

This sure sounded like the end of the line for the show. 

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 16
4 hours ago, Valmarmar said:

So Christie just threatened to kill Regan's mom.  Someone needs to give her a clue about where to draw the line - .  It's about 5 miles before THAT line.

Christie is one seriously disturbed person. She's a small, angry and bitter harpy and, hopefully, her ride on the gravy train will come to an end after the money grubbing tour finishes. 

• Love 12

I've just watch the first of the two aired last nite. I didn't miss Kendall at all and so wish that Reagan was part of the group. If they could start a new team and have Reagan, Brynn and a couple of other technical dances with Ryan and Cheryl as the teacher and choreographer - it would be wonderful! I love Camryn - she dances beautiful and for not having the experience under her belt like the others do - that girl was made to dance. I was surprised that Cheryl went along with this taping of awards with an audience that is only 1/10th filled - were the award placements for real?

• Love 7

Watching the Best is Yet to Come - I don't understand how Jill and Kendall have any followers. Kendall's smart ass eye rolls and Jill's mouth - how is Ryleigh so sweet on So Smart and a part of this family? She must take after her dad. Jill's constant complaining and talking about how Chloe left for 2 yrs - I would have thrown back in her face how she took Kendall to Cathy's studio because she didn't get what she wanted back then. If anything - with Camryn's first place last week - she should have more of an issue with not getting a solo at Nationals.

Can't say I like Christie's attitude all the time - but Jill going on about the OG - get over it - you are so petty - the only reason your daughter is still on the team is because of you - production likes you Jill because you're such a b*tch - Kendall could go at anytime as she gives nothing to the team - she's just there.

Wait a minute? Nationals in a middle school auditorium - that's only 1/3 full - Lifetime really! https://www.inquisitr.com/4137541/dance-moms-news-fans-call-fake-on-shows-latest-competition/

Can't believe Cheryl would sign up for this type of show!

• Love 4

Not only was the audience only a 1/3 full all the kids sitting on stage behind the girls were in street clothes--I didn't see one with dancewear on. Lol. They'e stopped even trying to hide it. Literally no one was shown placing except the kids, either. What a waste of Cheryl's time honestly. I guess DWTS needs to pay a bit more.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, PumpkinLumpkin said:

Sorry Nia, if someone comes in who's better than you, they get the job/solo. That's how it works. She's had this "I've been here longest so I deserve blah blah blah for a long time now, even to telling JoJo she took opportunities away from her & she's been there longer. She needs an attitude adjustment.

exactly what I was thinking....but their egos are so big...(cuz she is a OG) she doesn't get it!

8 hours ago, cali1981 said:

Well that was some crowd watching "Nationals". The vast majority of the audience came dressed as empty seats. 

This sure sounded like the end of the line for the show. 

Love it....LOL!!!!!

• Love 4

I loved Abby's Last Dance - we saw a side of her that was unedited and more like the Abby of the 1st season. I think a lot of the drama after the first year was production editing and / or meddling

• Love 2

After the entirely fabricated "Nationals" you have to wonder how and why Cheryl Burke agreed to get involved with this show.  I doubt that Cheryl's career is in the doldrums and that she needed this nonsense to re-ignite it.  I'm surprised that the director actually had camera shots of the empty auditorium.  Like someone else said, Lifetime didn't even try to maintain the pretense that this was a real and big time competition.  Hopefully, it's a sign that the network wants to wash it hands of the show, these tiresome girls, their mothers and Collins Avenue Entertainment.

Edited by cali1981
  • Love 10
8 minutes ago, cali1981 said:

After the entirely fabricated "Nationals" you have to wonder how and why Cheryl Burke agreed to get involved with this show.  I doubt that Cheryl's career is in the doldrums and that she needed this nonsense to re-ignite it.  I'm surprised that the director actually had camera shots of the empty auditorium.  Like someone else said, Lifetime didn't even try to maintain the pretense that this was a real and big time competition.  Hopefully, it's a sign that the network wants to wash it hands of the show, these tiresome girls, their mothers and Collins Avenue Entertainment.

Money talks!

A couple of other people who have been on the show who "didn't need" it either were asked why at a dinner I attended.  The answer was similar to there's no such thing as bad publicity.  You never know who might see it and say let's hire that person.  

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Absolom said:

A couple of other people who have been on the show who "didn't need" it either were asked why at a dinner I attended.  The answer was similar to there's no such thing as bad publicity.  You never know who might see it and say let's hire that person.  

It looks like the only two to be seen by real Hollywood types who said "let's hire that person" are Maddie and JoJo.  Not surprising.  

Cheryl might want to get into the "guest choreographer" game for comp studios.  You can charge an arm and a leg for a weekend of work doing competition choreography and if you can get into the convention game it's even better.

It's possible Cheryl might have agreed in hopes of angling for her own show.  Wasn't it announced that Dance Moms will continue in some fashion but not with the moms/current brats?  Maybe she's angling to be the face of the new show with new kids and to do that it meant putting up with this for a few.  Also in general, I think some of the pros that branch out from DWTS have a harder time finding work than one might think--at least for the ones that aren't musicians or actors and etc.  Their talents are mostly dance and so there are limited Hollywood opportunities for that, since these aren't the types that are angling to be back-up dancers for other artists.  Cheryl is not a Derek Hough or Mark Ballas, in that she doesn't sing or play instruments or act.

That said, I'd potentially watch a Cheryl led show with different kids.

I didn't realize Camryn hadn't been dancing that long. I'm more impressed with her as a result.

Didn't miss Kendall and Jill at all here.

• Love 6
10 hours ago, Monie said:

exactly what I was thinking....but their egos are so big...(cuz she is a OG) she doesn't get it!

I think it is also the participation trophy effect. Kids get rewarded just for playing so they start to expect to win for working hard. But in the real world sometimes the person who is best at the job does the least amount of hard work....

I had to laugh at Jill getting all annoyed that Kendall wasn't being called an original. She has always tried to pretend Kendall has been around from the beginning, and it's always been annoying.

My DVR cut out, did anything happen after the scene with the girls crying in the dressing room? It seems like an odd last scene.

• Love 1

Wow, four hours of Dance Moms last night. Hilarious Lifetime hurried to get rid of all these episodes as fast as they can so instead of doing 4 more weeks of Dance Moms, they just threw the last 4 episodes on the same night airing back to back saying "this show sucks now, let's just get this crap over with".

Edited by RedFire2000
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, Absolom said:

I was talking about dance teachers and choreographers rather than the moms or the girls. 

Why would a dance teacher hire a dancer?  How many choreographers need children?  The sia gig was very unusual. Kid dancers who are famous are one in a million. 

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

That question makes no sense to me.  I'm sorry.  I was responding to someone asking why Cheryl Burke would agree to appear on Dance Moms. 

Ohhhh!  I thought you were talking about the kids. Now I get it. That makes sense. 

• Love 1

Why is it that every episode, the girls get mad that they weren't picked for a solo because they're an "original". Who the ef cares if you were with Abby from the beginning? number one this is a different choreographer. Number 2, do they think in the real world anyone cares that they were there the longest? NO. They want the best dancer to do the job. I understand everyone has emotions and I get why Nia is upset, because she's been overlooked throughout the years somewhat. But if each choreographer is saying your technique is not good , then just accept it and try to get better instead of complaining that you're an original member of the team . n-o o-n-e      c-a-r-e-s.

• Love 10

I have no problem with Chloe, but Christie is the WORST!  I had mercifully forgotten how shrill, obnoxious and just plain mean she is.  You’d think after her long hiatus from the show, she’d see this return as an opportunity to recreate her image, but instead she has just doubled down on her hatefulness and sense of entitlement.  What a witch!

• Love 4

My daughter danced with a girl who was always, always the weakest in the group.  Her mama insisted she dance and the girl said she enjoyed it.  She never had a solo and she and mama never once complained.  Sometimes you need to acknowledge where you are in the place of things.  Nia would look a lot better if she acknowledged she's not a top dancer.  It's not a failing to not be a natural.

Christie seems even worse than she was the first season or two.  I'm reasonably sure production told her to bring the drama.

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, TomGirl said:

I have no problem with Chloe, but Christie is the WORST!  I had mercifully forgotten how shrill, obnoxious and just plain mean she is.  You’d think after her long hiatus from the show, she’d see this return as an opportunity to recreate her image, but instead she has just doubled down on her hatefulness and sense of entitlement.  What a witch!

Christi seems SO much worse than she used to be.  Rather than just being defensive of Chloe, which I always gave her the benefit of the doubt that that was her motivation before,  she just goes out of her way to be nasty.  She may have fought with moms in previous seasons, but I don't remember her actually insulting a child to their face the way she did with Brynn a few weeks ago.  She did blow up at Melissa in front of Maddie, but that was more about how Maddie received preferential treatment, not about Maddie personally.  Don't get me wrong, that was still awful, but this season is much worse, IMO.

Now, I will freely admit that I'm not a psychologist, but Chloe's issues seem to go much deeper than being passed over for Maddie, or having been sniped at by Abby.  I honestly don't remember her being treated much worse than the other non-Zeiglers at ALDC. Not that Abby wasn't a jerk to her at times, but she was a fairly equal opportunity offender. And Chloe received a lot of love from fans when she was younger, as shown with the Teen Choice award that Christi will never let us forget about.   Chloe almost seems to have depression issues.  I hope that is being looked at.

• Love 4

Having recently rewatched season 1,  I was surprised at how tolerable Cathy was in the first few episodes.  She was kind of over the top in trying to show out at how great her studio was, only to have it shown as the moderately shabby looking cinder block building that it is, and she certainly overinflated Vivi's capabilities, but other than making too big of a deal in not letting Brooke use a costume, I actually didn't mind her & even chuckled at things she said a few times.  At one point in the dressing room Abby had a blow up with someone - either Christi or Kelly - and Cathy looked at the camera & said "What did I get myself in to???".  I didn't remember her being that comparatively sane.   Much better than the 5 year old she devolved into later on.

Edited by Daisy head
  • Love 1

Four hours back to back. I think the producers are trying to salvage what they can. The backlash against the "ungrateful' mothers and their "entitled" kids growing on the Dance Moms facebook page and twitter replies to the mother's tweets. Producers probably trying to end things as soon as possible hoping the "fans" will forget when they start to roll out post-show merchandise.

I like Nia - a nice polite kid with a great sense of humor. Loved what she said to Jill about letting her have the OG jacket as she doesn't get much. LOL. She isn't a strong dancer. Not sure how she won. She does emote well, however.

Chloe is no longer cute and I firmly believe her problems stem not from Abby but her mother's victim mentality ("you are being set up to fail!!!!") and her eye/facial issues. She is very insecure.

Christi really thinks she's hot. She is in a deep midlife crisis what with the wearing of Chloe's clothes (lol) and her new nose job. Her foundation is way too light for her skin tone. When I first saw her I thought she was one of Maesi's Moms clients reincarnated she was so pale. I think she has done something to her mouth too. It looks thinner. Perhaps why every other word that comes out of her mouth is laced with venom. She needs to let Jill have that OG title. LOL. For better or worse Jill and Kendall have been on the show longer than Chloe and Christi. For their Encore show, it's clear Christi was seething because of the lost opportunities for Chloe and herself when they left ALDC. She was so petty in telling Chloe she was not allowed to speak with Maddie. If I was Melissa I would give her a wide berth. She stirs nothing but hate. I 'm sure her next plan is to get all the OG's together for a reunion show without Abby just to spite her. She is so cold and calculating.

Didn't like the nationals dance or costuming. None of these choreographers know how to dress the girls. Last week they looked like red pixie bellhops - this week like bad versions of Pocahontas. Apart from the odd slip-up Abby was excellent at costuming and choreography. She needs to come back and start with a new team.

Camryn is excellent for having started dance so late and she really emotes. She makes Nia, Kendall, and Chloe look extremely bad. Probably why she was not invited to go on their tour. Christi I am sure filled the mother's heads with hate and division against Camryn and her mom as usual. 

Edited by glowing28
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Absolom said:

My daughter danced with a girl who was always, always the weakest in the group.  Her mama insisted she dance and the girl said she enjoyed it.  She never had a solo and she and mama never once complained.  Sometimes you need to acknowledge where you are in the place of things.  Nia would look a lot better if she acknowledged she's not a top dancer.  It's not a failing to not be a natural.

Nia did acknowledge her place. She said she knew she had the worst technique in the group. But she wanted a solo anyway, probably because it's all a fake competition so who cares who's actually best?

• Love 4

I think all the girls including Kendall turned out pretty well considering who they have for mothers . These women can go on and on for as long as they want about what a devil Abby is .. but they are honestly more vicious than she is .. I'm sorry , no matter how much I'm paid , I would never go on reality tv and act the way they do. ( and they probably don't get paid much )

• Love 3
4 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

Nia did acknowledge her place. She said she knew she had the worst technique in the group. But she wanted a solo anyway, probably because it's all a fake competition so who cares who's actually best?

Just being two-faced or following the story line she was handed then.

Christi continues to to be such a screeching harpy that she is unbearable to watch, and she's managed to get the rest of the moms into hyperdrive as well.

I can't believe they made an episode about Chloe and Christi. Chloe, yes, Christi, NO! Thank the Lord for the delete button.

• Love 4

I deleted right after watching, but IIRC at least once (maybe more) I am 99% sure someone referred to the competition as "OUR nationals" rather than just "nationals" ... maybe I misheard but that definitely clued me in to the fact, as we'd thought, that these are not actually nationals, that the ALDC and/or Irreplaceables do NOT compete in the "real thing," and they just create the fakey-fakey competition for their own purposes. This time, as mentioned, they didn't even try and I'm willing to bet production deliberately showed the real seedy fakeness behind the facade since it's the last episode. Pulling the curtain off of Oz, so to speak.

• Love 3

Holly pronounced them “West Coast national champions.” What does that even mean in their make believe world?  Of course it’s all as phony as a three dollar bill but how can they all pretend like that?  

I still think Chloe is beautiful-not classically-but she’s a lovely girl.  Christi has always been horrible but she came back even more horrible.  No excuse but Abby always treated Chloe like something stuck on the bottom of her shoe which would make any mom bitter.  But her language and the threats?  No bueno. It’s a tough call between her and Jill as to which is more odious but Jill annoys me beyond words so I’ll give it to her.  I want to know what happened to Brooke and Paige-two other OG’s, and if they’re still dancing.  I’m guessing they are all grown up and gorgeous.  

I like Cheryl Burke and would love to see her back with her own show and all new kids.  Would definitely watch.

Good luck to all the girls.  I could wish more for you than to be thrust into the Hollywood swamp with the likes of the Weinsteins of this world. Go home, get back to normal, meet new friends, date, dance and see where it takes you.  There’s more to life than stardom.   

• Love 7

Annoys me how Christi is came in like she's been there the whole time, talking shit on new moms, demanding things from this new dance teacher. Who the hell does she thinks she is! A middle aged woman constantly bragging about how many Twitter followers she has. Truly pathetic. What’s even more pathetic is just how obsessed with the OG thing she is. Who cares!? Especially since she was gone for the past two years she comes back and thinks everything is the same and she and Chloe deserve some special treatment.

• Love 8

I didn't realize Jill's other daughter was also on a dance show. It makes so much more sense why Jill had to go to that daughter's competition or whatever. I was wondering why someone like Jill would give up camera time to go to an unfilmed dance competition but now it makes sense - it was also filmed. I know I'm behind on Stay Sharp or whatever it's called but I'm 2 episodes in and there's attention whore Jill. We haven't seen any other parents (the dancers are in college) on this other show and now I wonder if we will or if it's just Jill? Gross. I never want to see that woman again, especially on another show.

Edited by Rebecca
  • Love 3
On 25 October, 2017 at 9:38 AM, cali1981 said:

"...you have to wonder how and why Cheryl Burke agreed to get involved with this show.  I doubt that Cheryl's career is in the doldrums and that she needed this nonsense to re-ignite it…." 

I, too, was wondering why Cheryl agreed to do this, but then after watching her diss Jill every time Jill said something ridiculous, it made sense. Cheryl Burke agreed to do the show so she could tell the mothers to shut the hell up every time they whined about their daughters' needs not being met. (Especially when all the viewers know this is about the moms' needs, NOT their daughters.) Thanks Cheryl!

• Love 5
On 24 October, 2017 at 6:17 PM, PumpkinLumpkin said:

Nia's had this "I've been here longest so I deserve blah blah blah for a long time now, even to telling JoJo she took opportunities away from her & she's been there longer. 

I don't think Nia's ever given the impression she feels entitled - quite the opposite. Even if she did feel this way, she's allowed to as Abby was so ignorant to her and implied Nia was a lot worse than she really was. All the girls have come across as professional SO UNLIKE their mothers. Holly had her occasional moments when she would drink the Jill koolade, but then she would quickly shake it off.

On 24 October, 2017 at 9:07 PM, lasandi said:

I hope Cheryl does carry on with a new group of kids and moms.

I would definitely be a fan if Cheryl started her own dance show. The fact that she calls out the moms every time they are insufferable makes it watchable right there. :) 

• Love 2
On 19 October, 2017 at 7:07 PM, OnceSane said:

... As this chapter comes to an end, the moms and girls all contemplate what their future holds...

Every single time a Dance Mom talking-head says, "These girls have worked so hard, for so many years…" I cringe because inside I know they are really whining and saying, 'Every time I had to drive my girl to dance class, and every time I had to fight Abby to give them a shot, or every dollar I had to pay for my kid to get extra dance /singing attention… etc." It is not the girls who they feel need to be showcased for their endurance, it is THEM. Blech! Good riddance moms. Cheryl, please come back with a new roster of gals/guys. 

• Love 4
On 28 October, 2017 at 2:08 AM, WildFlower87 said:

What’s even more pathetic is just how obsessed with the OG thing she is. Who cares!? Especially since she was gone for the past two years she comes back and thinks everything is the same and she and Chloe deserve some special treatment.

I do understand the OG thing. Christi only started harping on that after Jill began insulting Chloe's contributions to the group given how "Chloe quit dancing for 2 years". I don't know if Chloe truly did stop all dance for 2 years, but if she did, she sure got back into the swing of things quickly. So yeah, her and Nia deserve to ride that OG wave.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, Chalby said:

I, too, was wondering why Cheryl agreed to do this, but then after watching her diss Jill every time Jill said something ridiculous, it made sense. Cheryl Burke agreed to do the show so she could tell the mothers to shut the hell up every time they whined about their daughters' needs not being met. (Especially when all the viewers know this is about the moms' needs, NOT their daughters.) Thanks Cheryl!

Everyone keeps talking about Cheryl putting the moms in their places, and what she said was great, but at the end of the day, she gave Kendall a solo like Jill wanted, so *shrug*

15 hours ago, Chalby said:

I don't think Nia's ever given the impression she feels entitled - quite the opposite. Even if she did feel this way, she's allowed to as Abby was so ignorant to her and implied Nia was a lot worse than she really was. All the girls have come across as professional SO UNLIKE their mothers. Holly had her occasional moments when she would drink the Jill koolade, but then she would quickly shake it off.

She had an entitled attitude where she thought because she was there for so long and she worked hard that she should get solos, etc.  But that's not the way the world works, especially entertainment.  It's about talent.  And Abby gave her a lot of praise but wasn't about to proclaim Nia the next great thing.  Nia's mother whined about stereotypes but Abby actually put Nia in dances where should could excel.  Nia did pretty well given her lack of talent.  

• Love 2

I'm so glad this show is finally over and the girls can move on. But it did dawn on me that as it ended, I do think it was more about Abby being gone than the girl's getting old. The show would have been nothing without Abby---love her or loathe her, she made for great TV. 

I think Christi came back to play a role and she played it, but at what cost? I loved her before she originally left---sure she wasn't a polished or even polite mom but she always struck me as one of the most honest---the revival left a bitter taste in my mouth. I still do love Chloe; I think she got dealt a hand no one would want and is making the most of it. She's filming a few movies so clearly people like her. 

• Love 1
On 10/25/2017 at 9:24 PM, Lemons said:

Why would a dance teacher hire a dancer?  How many choreographers need children?  The sia gig was very unusual. Kid dancers who are famous are one in a million. 

It's not uncommon, especially in all-star dance, to hire out for choreography. Just because you can dance and teach dance doesn't mean you can put together fresh new routines every single year. It also gives the kids access to a different style of teaching and dancing. It's normally just for a few days or a week if it's intensives. There is a ton of money to be made doing this.