Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Happy Harpy

Premature Unfurling: TV spoilers & speculation

I thought a big problem last year was the cast had expanded to too many characters and everyone was getting shortchanged. So while we have lost Caine and Charlotte, they have added in three new characters (Eve, the priest and the new angel). I wanted them to delve further into the existing characters (without resorting to love triangles like last year). Maize did nothing but pout and rage last year. Dan only got snippets with Charlotte and even Lucifer was often sidelined while they juggled other stories. Have they really exhausted all ideas with the existing characters? 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Ria said:

I thought a big problem last year was the cast had expanded to too many characters and everyone was getting shortchanged. So while we have lost Caine and Charlotte, they have added in three new characters (Eve, the priest and the new angel). I wanted them to delve further into the existing characters (without resorting to love triangles like last year). Maize did nothing but pout and rage last year. Dan only got snippets with Charlotte and even Lucifer was often sidelined while they juggled other stories. Have they really exhausted all ideas with the existing characters? 

I like that we get a new angel. The family dynamic is so interesting. But I could do without Eve and the priest. They're really not necessary, there are plenty of stories to tell with the cast that they have.

Maybe the writers are trying to dilute the mess they made last season. Many relationships have been damaged imo and they might use new characters as a diversion. If so: Not a good plan.

1 hour ago, CheshireCat said:

But I could do without Eve and the priest. They're really not necessary, there are plenty of stories to tell with the cast that they have.

I'm not too happy about Eve either, the concept seems close to Mom's -troublemaker important female figure in Lucifer's past- except  younger actress + character able to sleep with Lucifer (or Amenadiel) without grossing out most of the audience. I loved how Mom was "Mom", not the dreaded Ex trope, Tricia Helfer had chemistry with the whole cast and unlike Tom Welling, immediately found the right tone for the show (YMMV). I dare hope TPTB didn't threw it all away for the wrong reasons.

• Like 3

The only info we are getting is new casting. And the dreadful pregnancy rumor. I haven’t read one thing to make me want to pay money to watch this. Most shows leak a few plot spoilers to get people interested in watching. 

On 10/29/2018 at 8:44 AM, Sakura12 said:

Lucifer missed out on bringing on Lilith and casting Michelle Gomez like the Chilling Adventures of Sabrina. 

I would have killed for scene's between those two! 

• Like 1

On 1.11.2018 at 1:27 AM, Sakura12 said:

It would've been great to see her as Maze's mom too. 

Missy as Maze's mom would have been fantastic!

I can't believe we've had three seasons and not seen one single other demon. It's so disappointing.

• Like 1

It looks like the move to Netflix didn't improve Chloe's hair and makeup. The actress is so pretty IRL, I can't figure out why they make her look anemic on the show.

• Like 1

I need more Trixie if there's a Season 5.  That is all.

• Like 2

Season 5 renewal and what we know so far (link below)

-5th and final season was approved in May

-Writing is expected to begin in July

"As we originally expected, it has been confirmed that Lucifer is sticking to its trimmed season of 10 episodes. That means we have just under 10 hours of Lucifer to go before he leaves for good."

Expected release date: 2020

https://www.whats-on-netflix.com/news/lucifer-season-5-netflix-what-to-expect-what-we-know-so-far-06-2019/amp/&ved=2ahUKEwjt9cjlp4HjAhUMUK0KHUppDR8QyM8BMAB6BAgHEAQ&usg=AOvVaw27356sRj_phVeOIOHEx8lr&ampcf=1

• Like 2