Type keyword(s) to search

Premature Unfurling: TV spoilers & speculation

Happy Harpy

On 8/26/2020 at 12:45 PM, rainsmom said:

1. God says, "What do you mean Chloe is a blessing for Lucifer? Poppycock. I did that blessing so TRIXIE would be born."

I just got it that Trixie's full name is Beatrice and Beatrice was the one who guided Dante into Heaven in the Divine Comedy. Maybe you're not so far off.

On 8/28/2020 at 2:13 AM, johntfs said:

Personally I think Trixie's been clued in since the very first episode.

Trixie's pretty sharp. So if Lucifer says he's the Devil and that she knows he doesn't lie, she can put the pieces together with out all the stupid adult crap in her head that would stop her from believing him.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2

I guess this is now the Season 6 spoiler/speculation topic! Not that we get that many spoilers, they're pretty good at keeping schtum on this show.

Predictions for S6 (I wish I'd written mine down for S5B given I predicted that Chloe would die and Lucifer would tear Heaven apart to get to her):

1. Dan finds his way to heaven (think this is pretty much a given since we saw that Mr Said-Out-Bitch had done the same under Lucifer's guidance).  I hope we see a reunion between him and Charlotte.

2. Chloe and Lucifer come to some kind of resolution about his celestial-ness/her mortality.  I would hate to see them end the show without addressing the fact that Chloe will be dead of old age in probably less than sixty years.  I mean Lucifer just broke into Heaven to get Chloe back, I don't see him just watching her grow old or getting dementia or cancer.

3. Ella finds out.  This is more just a personal want.

4. Lucifer becomes de-Godded.  I think this will happen early on in S6.  Omnipotency/omniscience just isn't fun or good drama.  

5. Do *something* with Michael.  I can see why they didn't want either Chloe or Lucifer killing him, but either put him somewhere he won't become a threat or kill him off.  I honestly think he's run his course and would be happy not seeing the whiny little shit again.  We've only got 10 episodes in S6, I don't want any more screen time spent on him.

6. One of the few things that irritated me about 5B is that Trixie apparently doesn't know, although I'm still hoping that she was covering as she thought God was a human person and didn't want to start talking about how her stepdad spent time in Hell.  I was in the "Trixie knows and is totally cool with it" club.  So if she still doesn't know, she gets to find out too.

7. Maze and Eve are an item and don't have too much relationship drama.  We know that Eve doesn't want to be immortal, so Maze has to come to terms with that.  I wonder if Maze still wants to be Queen of Hell - maybe Eve is happy to join her...

Haven't thought about Amenadiel/Linda yet.  They kind of wrapped the two of them up fairly neatly, although how Amenadiel deals with Lucifer's Godhood remains to be seen.

• Love 2
7 hours ago, pootlus said:

3. Ella finds out.  This is more just a personal want.

I know that I am the only person on the planet who thinks the following (and I kind of go back and forth), but I kind of do not want Ella to find out.  (She can find out when she dies.)  I can’t remember the season, but I think (unless I’m misremembering) that she had a conversation once with Chloe(?) about how she wouldn’t choose to know for sure about God/ Heaven because “faith” is part of the journey of her religion (like it’s not handed to her).  I thought that was interesting.  But I do basically agree with your whole post.

• Love 2

So, let the speculation of "how will it end" begin!

I'm going to go out on a limb here. Yes, Lucifer will be God, at least for a while.  I don't see him being satisfied with it for long, though.

I'm going to say the endgame is, having tried being the big man in charge, Lucifer decides to turn himself human and live out his life with Chloe on earth.  Meanwhile, Maze, of all people-will become God herself-this would allow her to 1. be in heaven at all, and 2. live with Eve for eternity. It just seems to me that's where her arc is going.  She was certain, that, as a demon, she couldn't grow a soul.  She was wrong.  She was fairly certain with Linda she'll never get to heaven.  She'll be wrong about that too.

It's out there, yes...

(edited)
30 minutes ago, StarBrand said:

Meanwhile, Maze, of all people-will become God herself-this would allow her to 1. be in heaven at all, and 2. live with Eve for eternity. It just seems to me that's where her arc is going.  She was certain, that, as a demon, she couldn't grow a soul.  She was wrong.  She was fairly certain with Linda she'll never get to heaven.  She'll be wrong about that too.

It's out there, yes...

Maze being God would be cool, but she's even more selfish and impulsive than Lucifer is, although admittedly she has been changing.  Honestly I want a spin-off with Maze and Eve as bounty hunters, I'd watch the crap out of that and not just because those two make me seriously question my sexuality.

I think Lucifer and Chloe (or let's face it, Chloe - she's the brains of the outfit) will figure out that like Hell, Heaven doesn't need a warden.  Lucifer may make a rule that celestials may not interfere with mortals any more, and he and Amenadiel will choose to become human.

As for @Peace 47 's desire to not have Ella find out, I get that.  As a compromise, she finds out in the final scene when they are all chilling out on the penthouse balcony flicking lit matches over the edge so that Dan can see them from Heaven, and she says "How did the Devil get to become God?".  Lucifer sighs and says "It's a long story."  Ella stirs her margarita and uses her incredible eyebrows to say "I've got time."  Lucifer says, "Well, in the beginning the angel Lucifer was cast out of Heaven and condemned to rule Hell for all Eternity.  Until he decided to take a vacation..." and zoom out from the balcony to LA.

Edited by pootlus
  • Love 1
(edited)
53 minutes ago, StarBrand said:

Meanwhile, Maze, of all people-will become God herself-this would allow her to 1. be in heaven at all, and 2. live with Eve for eternity. It just seems to me that's where her arc is going. 

Anything is possible, but I think, like I posted in one of the episode threads yesterday, it is significant that God told Amenadiel in Season 5A that Hell no longer needs a warden (repeated in 5B).  So it may come to pass that Heaven no longer needs a singular ruler.  I think the show has emphasized three key point in dialogue:

1. Life on Earth is worth living because there is an end to it.  (Lilith, Eve, and Dr. Linda all have made that point this season.)  You wouldn’t truly value the people you love if you had infinite earthly time with them.  (Well-worn trope, but probably has legs because it’s how we cope with existence.)

2. We all make our own choices because we have free will, and God isn’t going to influence that, even if He knows the choice you will make.  

3. Amends, forgiveness and grace are the path to peace and Heaven.  You must choose to be worthy of Heaven, but no one is unworthy of the opportunity.

(All of this doesn’t account for the complexities of the real world, but this is just a TV show about forgiveness and attempts at self-improvement.)

So I think that Lucifer, at some point, will choose mortality, to live a life with Chloe to “make it count.”  God implied (but never really stated outright) on both the double date and in his farewell that there is no possible work-life balance as God, and that a being of total omnipotence, omniscience and omnipresence cannot interact with everyone else in the same way as others because it compromises free will. I think Lucifer will find that all those “mistakes” he said God made cannot be eliminated because God also gave people free will.  But he (and the other angels) can help people on individual levels (Amenadiel said that “God is in the details”) to make better choices, and like Lee Garner (Mr. Said Out Bitch), find a path from Hell to Heaven.  That’s where I’m at right now.  I’ll probably change my mind 10 times and still be wrong.

Edited by Peace 47
  • Love 2

They also have to deal with Ella.  I wouldn’t be surprised if she got wings at the end.  Dan will be in heaven, of course and Tricia will get some peace that he is in a good place.  

The Detective will be pregnant and Lucifer will decide that being god will make him a terrible father and step down... but not before a few episodes of his god powers going terribly, hysterically wrong.  

Maybe:

Ella doesn't find out anything while alive, but goes to heaven when it's time and sees her friends.. (LIGHTBULB!)

Lucifer decides being God isn't for him, and if Hell doesn't need a warden... MAZE becomes God?

I like rainsmom's take on Chloe being born so TRIXIE can be born.  It's like the episode of Quantum Leap when Sam is sent to Nov. 22 to save JACKIE, not JFK.

I loved the new S5 episodes.  Here's IMDB's list of S6:   https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4052886/episodes?season=6

Is Chloe mortal now, though?  She has Lilith's ring.  Presumably that's what resurrected her.  Can she survive without it? Will she even age?  Or will she just keep living until such time she decides to take the ring off?

42 minutes ago, QuantumMechanic said:

Is Chloe mortal now, though?  She has Lilith's ring.  Presumably that's what resurrected her.  Can she survive without it? Will she even age?  Or will she just keep living until such time she decides to take the ring off?

The producers talked about this in an interview with TVGuide. 

"The idea is that the last remaining [magic of Lilith's immortality] brought her back to life. And now that it's spent she does not need [the ring to survive] it. One of the things that's important to us is always wrapping up a season arc, and so much of that was planting that seed in the first half of Season 5 so that it could pay off [in the finale]. That story has been told, and now it's just a beautiful ring." 

• Love 2

Tom Ellis said in an ET interview that the big villain for S6 is someone we’ve already met.  Indy & Joe confirmed that Michael mat appear in S6, but that his story is largely told.

So I’m guessing it’s going to be Vincent (aka Chuck from SPN).  Or Pete.  Many people are speculating Malcolm, Pierce or Kinley could be brought back to life, but I don’t think they’d do that.

Who do you think it might be?

• Love 1

Tom Eliss has talked about someone who really rubbed him the wrong way and Lauren German would tease him about it to the point of getting a cardboard cutout of the guy (which Tom thought was hilarious, it wasn't a slam on her) and I've just been assuming that he meant Kevin Rankin, so I would be surprised if Malcom came back. I'm mostly basing this off of I can't see Tom making a big deal about someone only on set for one episode and granted Tom is a good actor but Lucifer seemed to be able to really not be able to stand Malcolm even before the killing spree, I wonder if some of that was Tom's feelings on Kevin.  Though Malcom and Dan in Hell would be a good story. Dan could try to stop him from down there. I've seen some speculate it's Dan (I would HATE that as it would undo all of his growth and become the trope Joss Wedon overdid of one of your own going evil.) I could be entirely wrong here and Tom could have been fine with Rankin. Also Claws films down south so I'm not sure where the timeline lines up exactly with the filing of both final seasons but I think it was lining up to when Lucifer filmed so he may not have been in LA.

Rumors are it's one of the Angelic siblings. They did cast someone in a rebellious teen sibling role but I don't know if it's for the whole season or if we saw this girl in the group of Angel's. I hope they don't decide that Lucifer turns into his Dad in dealing with her.

DB Woodside has said we'll be seeing the racist cop again from the episode with Caleb as Amenadiel will be on the force. 

I know Uriel was destroyed, but, I wouldn't object to Michael Imperioli coming back. If Mom can pop up from her own Universe maybe Angel's aren't destroyed but go somewhere else or if one Angel kills another it's a loophole. 

The reason I said Vincent, was because

Spoiler

Rob Benedict is listed in several episodes for S6.  

And he was barely used in Ep 5.15.  Plus, Luci & Maze didn’t appear to kill him.  And we never got to hear what Luci said to him.

Having Pete escape from jail, would give Ella a storyline to explore her darkness.

• Love 3

Not really spoilers but here are some photos from Season 6.

Amenadiel (D.B. Woodside) as a police officer.

LUCIFER_606_Unit_01065R.jpg

Maybe Lucifer accepting a resume from someone applying for a job?

LUCIFER_604_Unit_00101R.jpg

Maze and Eve seem to be getting along pretty well.

LUCIFER_601_Unit_02008R.jpg

LUCIFER_601_Unit_01762R.jpg

Ella caught Purple Handed, oh wait, those are rubber gloves.

LUCIFER_601_Unit_00201R.jpg

A dance number?

LUCIFER_606_Unit_02465R.jpg

Lucifer and Chloe are still on the case.

LUCIFER_605_Unit_01293R.jpg

LUCIFER_601_Unit_01549R.jpg

LUCIFER_601_Unit_01293R.jpg

• Love 2