Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

RECAP OF RECENT & UPCOMING EXITS:

Here's a recap of the recent and upcoming exits on "Days of Our Lives" as it transitions into its new storylines in September:

Recently Finished Airing: Riley Bodenstab (Cole), Brendan Coughlin (Tad), Greg Jackson (Jeremiah), Allison Paige (Bev), Terrell Ransom Jr. (Theo)

Possibly Already Finished Airing (or by September): Aloma Wright (Maxine), Miranda Mayo (Zoe), Alisha Boe (Daphne), Spencer Neville (Derrick)

Between 8/17-8/28: Freddie Smith (Sonny), Melissa Archer (Serena), Paul Telfer (Xander)

September: True O'Brien (Paige), Michael Cardelle (Kyle), Billy Gallo (Agent Watts)

September/October: James Read (Clyde), Lauren Boles (Ciara), Connor Kalopsis (Chase)

So Tad, Bev, Zoe and Derrick are gone but Abifail is still here. 

• Love 3

I like Maxine. The dismissal of characters like her never make sense to me. They serve to flesh out the world the soap is based in and even if they are contract players, they usually have per day status, so they never cost much.

The character aside from Matthew Ashford's Jack, that I most want to see back is Renee Jones as Lexie. I loved her relationship with Stefano and EJ (even though JS refuses to return). I know her character died but this is a soap after all. I know RJ wanted to leave, I just wonder if TPTB even bothered to reach out to her about returning.

• Love 1

Maxine is definitely a valuable supporting cast member. But I guess with all these returns they're pinching pennies? I suspect she might return at some point, since she doesn't really have a storyline and can pop up whenever they need a nurse around at the hospital.

I'm going to miss little Ciara. I haven't been watching in months, but from what I remember of her she was a real pistol.

New, older Ciara has big shoes to fill.

Here is her audition video.

How...gross is it that this is the material they use to audition with? No sooner do they have the pre-pubescent actress off the lot than they recast her character as a self-pimping vamp.  Ewwww.

I can't blame the actress for being blasé in tone because that's really uncomfortable writing right there, even if she has no idea she's replacing an 8 year old.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I think Guy Wilson is out, but I don't think he will die..I think Will and Sonny will leave town together and Gabi and Ari will join them later...Wilson will go on the honeymoon that they never had, While Gabi and Ari spend some quality time together. I think there are rumors that Bo will die saving Hope's life....With Aiden and Bo gone, Hope and Rafe will connect...There are also rumors that Shawn-Douglas will die as well...

Edited by Apprentice79

Let's put it this way - if neither is killed, Sonny finding out Will's latest bullshit and leaving him and town (and Will shortly thereafter following to try and fix things) would make more sense than Will being rewarded with a second honeymoon at this juncture.

• Love 2

What I don't get is why Bo needed to return. Hope was finally a character of her own without Bo. I always thought Aiden waS meant to have killed his wife. .but they became popular so they did a hasty rewrite. I think rafe and hope are interesting.

Is Bo back for good or short term?

• Love 1

Spoilers for the week of August 17...

soaps.com

Monday August 17
Hope fears she's put Aiden in danger.

Tuesday August 18
Sonny makes a huge decision about his future -- leaving both Will and Paul heartbroken.

Wednesday August 19
Rafe contemplates another career change which would put him back in Hope's orbit.

Thursday August 20
Aiden lies to Hope -- and it's clear she doesn't know him quite as well as she thinks she does.

Friday August 21
John romances Marlena, hoping to move along their reconciliation.
Caroline and Victor bond when he pays her a late night visit at the hospital.

• Love 1

How anticlimatic! he leaves Ari behind...Will and Paul are Adults, they can deal with taking their lumps..But Ari is a baby.....she is going to be confused with losing another parent and she is not even 3 yet....Since she is not his blood, it will be easy for Sonny to turn his back on her....

I am just theorizing here..I doubt that Will will be killed..Guy will not be Will, but Will will not die.. A legacy character to die that way would be awful..Will is the only legacy child that actually grew up on the show....He has been driving story since he was in the womb..lol Sami announced that she was pregnant with Austin's child at Carrie and Austin's first wedding, derailing it...Sonny will come back to see that he has been replaced..The show is going to put Paul and Will together..It is gross and lazy writing...

Edited by Apprentice79

Meh.  I don't care what happens to Will after Sonny goes.  And could they make Sonny's departure any more boring? Maybe he'll go off to return a book to the library and just not return.  zzzzzzzzzzzz.....

• Love 1

How come so many actors are being let go from 'days'? Are we just going to have nothing but vets? I dont understand it.

Its a short term gimmick aimed at getting eyeballs back so they can create the next crop of new younger characters that won't gel and get swept away the next time they need to clean house and start over.  Rinse and repeat.  Days does this on a massive scale every couple years. 

• Love 1

So I went to watch the Buzzfeed comments on last week's show with Eric Martsolf and Jen Lilley at

and it is REALLY interesting to hear Jen's comments about the new writers' scripts.

Can you summarize Jen's comments for us?

Well Don Craig went to go mail a letter in 1985 and hasn't been seen since. Maybe Sonny can go look for him. 

I'm surprised they don't have Don Craig coming back.  What's Calliope doing these days?  Did Liz Chandler ever get out of jail?

Regarding Jen's comments, there was some discussion about the Chloe/Nicole scene where it started as one thing and then seemed to shift suddenly at the very end to them being okay with each other. Jen wondered if it might have been the new writers tweaking it. She also talked about the very quick turnaround from one day's script to the next. This interview was over the weekend so she specifically mentioned how quickly things were going to change on Monday.

Obviously she was very much talking about Theresa's story where she went from this broken leg thing to being found out and owning up and sitting with Caroline at the end talking about how she gave up on herself and that's why she understood why everyone else gave up on her. It is a VERY quick shift. So that's basically what she was talking about, the new writers start making a notable difference immediately.

• Love 6

Important dates to remember..These are the expected airdates when major events will be happening in the next few weeks:

8/17-8/20 (exact date TBA): New head writing team begins
8/18: Freddie Smith (Sonny) exit
Week of 8/24: Mary Beth Evans (Kayla) upped to contract status
8/25-8/27 (exact dates TBA): Melissa Archer (Serena) and Paul Telfer (Xander) exits
8/28: Stephen Nichols (Steve) returns and James Lastovic (Joey) debuts

• Love 1