Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Probably, but there's absolutely no guarantee Ron will follow through with it lol.

Sadly, that is true. He played that game with Genie Francis many times. Probably why Kristian Alfonso left despite promises of a great new storyline, because she knew he couldn't be trusted.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

This story is not doing the ratings any favors, based on what I saw last night. It really is too bad this show is back to taping so far out, because it doesn't allow for course correction.

You don’t know that it’s the possession’s fault. All soaps are down.

• Love 1

I also think it's fair to point out that the show likely did the possession story hoping to recapture the ratings magic of the first.

I hated the first possession story.  I think it ruined a lot about DOOL.  But they did get a ratings bump out of.  I've said before why I didn't think it was worth the risk (the people who were tuning in weren't likely to be regular viewers once the possession story was over while other viewers went away). 

But they're not even getting that this time.

I could see Eric's return end up being a few months and that's what the contract is for as part of these temporary arcs.

• Love 5

I'm fine with Susan being killed off. If only it would stick and Kristen joined her.

15 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I also think it's fair to point out that the show likely did the possession story hoping to recapture the ratings magic of the first.

I hated the first possession story.  I think it ruined a lot about DOOL.  But they did get a ratings bump out of.  I've said before why I didn't think it was worth the risk (the people who were tuning in weren't likely to be regular viewers once the possession story was over while other viewers went away). 

But they're not even getting that this time.

I could see Eric's return end up being a few months and that's what the contract is for as part of these temporary arcs.

You can't always go back again plus back then there was a bit more gravitas with that storyline that's lacking here. For one the show was way more sincere in their Catholic roots which worked in the 90s not in 2021 when nobody seems phased by this except the older soap fans.

• Love 6
54 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

I'm fine with Susan being killed off. If only it would stick and Kristen joined her.

Her only purpose seems to be for the possession story so she wil mix it up with Marlena and Ben/Ciara.

Not her son who is alive and well. The same son that she was so grief stricken over that she kidnapped a no-memories Will after he was killed by Ben and brought back death by Rolf so that he could be her EJ.

Not her grandson who is going to make a movie about the possession story.

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 7
On 10/31/2021 at 2:39 PM, nilyank said:

Her only purpose seems to be for the possession story so she wil mix it up with Marlena and Ben/Ciara.

Not her son who is alive and well. The same son that she was so grief stricken over that she kidnapped a no-memories Will after he was killed by Ben and brought back death by Rolf so that he could be her EJ.

Not her grandson who is going to make a movie about the possession story.

Yeah I mean if I'm going to deal with Susan I rather have her deal with her actual family(I actually like her in those scenes) its the OTT wackiness that she gets with Marlena that grates after a while.

• Love 6
On 10/31/2021 at 2:39 PM, nilyank said:

I honestly think they finally realized that 40-something EJ makes Susan at a minimum 65 years old and they can't actually have that because then that would be admitting that Kristen is interchangeable with a senior citizen, while they're still treating her like a woman who's maybe late 40's. So they're not playing up that relationship at all.

It's kind of similar to how we almost never saw post-SORAS Claire and Hope together. Like, ever. And you sure as hell never heard 20-year old Claire call Hope "Grandma." 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

After all this build-up, I'm wondering/dreading how far they'll go with this movie re-enacting the OG storyline.

Imagine Susan playing Stage Mom to EJ....

Hopefully not too far. I had a hard enough time (initially) trying to decipher everyone in The Many Saints of Newark.

• Love 1
On 10/30/2021 at 9:41 PM, WendyCR72 said:

DAYS Source Sneak Peek: November 15-19, 2021

The devil works hard, but the tie that binds John and Marlena together works harder. In his quest to corrupt the love between John and Marlena, the Devil reaches into his bag of tricks to weaken John’s resolve. Look for a special appearance from Eileen Davidson. Also: Paulina and Lani have an emotional confrontation.

Just now, TenaciousWarrior said:

DAYS Source Sneak Peek: November 15-19, 2021

The devil works hard, but the tie that binds John and Marlena together works harder. In his quest to corrupt the love between John and Marlena, the Devil reaches into his bag of tricks to weaken John’s resolve. Look for a special appearance from Eileen Davidson. Also: Paulina and Lani have an emotional confrontation.

Yay Eileen! Hope it’s Kristen!

• Love 2

Since it's the main story, I think at least partial culpability can be inferred from it.

Well, Days was “up” last week in the ratings. Since it’s the main story, I suppose you are attributing that uptick to the Posession? Up a little, down a little….the ratings are holding steady. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
13 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Kristen contacts Gwen.

OK, I'm interested. I can't understand why she would lol.

What even happened with Kristen? I remember Steve taking her away in handcuffs. Have we seen or heard about her since then?

15 hours ago, TenaciousWarrior said:

Well, Days was “up” last week in the ratings. Since it’s the main story, I suppose you are attributing that uptick to the Posession? Up a little, down a little….the ratings are holding steady. 

Yea, exactly. At this point, no one story/ship/character is going to affect the ratings that much, positively or negatively. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Retired at last said:

Since Eileen Davidson is coming back soon, I wonder if she will be playing Susan? I don't actually watch the show anymore, but can visualize from the recaps/summaries and much prefer the original Kristen, if there has to be one at all.

I think she will be Kristen. It basically says that she tries to corrupt John, probably by trying to seduce him in the crypt. That doesn’t sound like Susan to me.

• Useful 3

If Eileen returns.....might Billie as well? Both appeared on Beyond Salem and are friends. Maybe they prefer to be booked together?

I hope the Temptation of John is the one good thing about this storyline. I love Eileen. Hopefully she gets good material to work with.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Damn, yes, you're totally right. I'm down for it lol. But only if it ends with Gwen/Xander and not Sarah/Xander lol.

I'll be the lone Xander/Sarah fan. Sorrynotsorry. Anything that makes Gwen miserable, I'm DOWN for, baby!

• LOL 1
  • Love 9

I think a lot of people like Xander/Sarah. They definitely seemed popular on Twitter and I remember many here loving their story. I just am absolutely not one of them lol. Their coupling made them both insufferable to me even though I previously liked them. It's like Jake/Gabi. 

If it's not LG as Sarah though, I could maybe like a new Sarah with Xander. The problem with them for me was that the actors were grating together and LG changed how she played Sarah into a way I did not enjoy.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think a lot of people like Xander/Sarah. They definitely seemed popular on Twitter and I remember many here loving their story. I just am absolutely not one of them lol. Their coupling made them both insufferable to me even though I previously liked them. It's like Jake/Gabi. 

If it's not LG as Sarah though, I could maybe like a new Sarah with Xander. The problem with them for me was that the actors were grating together and LG changed how she played Sarah into a way I did not enjoy.

I liked Xander/Sarah but I enjoy Xander/Gwen more, mainly because she just accepts him how he is and does not lecture him, but also like you LG's portrayal of Sarah got really odd, and since I follow her on twitter I feel like that would not change if she returned, she has definitely changed a LOT about herself in real life and good for her, but I liked her original version of Sarah and I don't feel we would ever get that back

• Love 5
9 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

I'll be the lone Xander/Sarah fan. Sorrynotsorry. Anything that makes Gwen miserable, I'm DOWN for, baby!

I liked Xander and Sarah, too.  Even that baby voice she sometimes used didn't bother me - much, anyway lol.  Also, I really like having one of Maggie's "real" daughters onscreen, as opposed to that storyline-driven mess we were subjected to - Summer, right?

I'm liking the actor who portrays Gwen which is surprising to me since I couldn't stand her when she a regular on Y&R some years back, but the character of Gwen is just such a mess I can't buy into her.

• Love 4

Monday, November 15, 2021

• The Devil tries to corrupt John and Marlena's love. 

• Kristen drops a bombshell on Gwen. 

• Xander enlists Maggie's help. 

• EJ gets hot and heavy with Nicole.

Tuesday, November 16, 2021

• On the day of their wedding, Abe and Paulina prepare for their impending nuptials. 

• Chanel tells Johnny she's not attending her mother's wedding. 

• Possessed Marlena gives Ben and Ciara a special baby gift. 

• Belle and Shawn find something curious in Marlena's living room.

Wednesday, November 17, 2021

• Paulina and Abe's wedding begins. 

• Marlena plays mind games with Chanel. 

• Olivia gets a bad vibe from Marlena. 

• Kate has a change of heart.

Thursday, November 18, 2021

• Abe and Paulina's wedding comes to a grinding halt. 

• Lani receives devastating news. 

• Belle debates going up against her mother. 

• John and Susan work together to try to escape the DiMera crypt.

Friday, November 19, 2021

• Lani and Paulina have an emotional confrontation.

• The Devil tries to weaken John's love for Marlena.

• Johnny and Chanel's relationship heats up.

• Susan makes a break for it.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
8 hours ago, brisbydog said:

• The Devil tries to corrupt John and Marlena's love. 

...using botox?

Possessed Marlena gives Ben and Ciara a special baby gift. 

...a wire hanger?

Marlena plays mind games with Chanel. 

Like "tell me what's so appealing about my grand-daughter Allie.." ?

Kate has a change of heart.

She rips Taniel's from Brady's chest? Fatality!

• LOL 5
52 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

...using botox?

...a wire hanger?

Like "tell me what's so appealing about my grand-daughter Allie.." ?

She rips Taniel's from Brady's chest? Fatality!

OH DisneyBoy, this post is perfection!!!!!

• Love 2