Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers And Shockers

• Start Topic

Sonny will no doubt be so annoying during this ("What do you mean you haven't dumped Paul's crippled ass yet, Will?!?!"), but yeah, it's cool they're getting classic soap/love triangle stories.  And that they're the plot drivers in their stories. *glares at the mess GH is making with Lucas and Brad*

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5

There are fall previews circulating on twitter (one account tweeting screenshots of the previews). Of note:

• Bonnie claims she had Lucas's baby and that ties in to Mimi's return.
  • Steve's eye was recording the ISA info he would read, so I guess that's where the treason aspect of the story comes in to play.
  • Triangle with Lani / Eli / Sheila where Sheila and Lani hate each other and Lani feels guilty that the death of her baby is the prompt for her having growing romantic feelings for Eli
  • Brady has to deal with his his unresolved feelings for Kristen. He and Eric will also fall out when Jen spills the beans to Eric about what Brady did to Nicole. 
  • Belle stumbles on to Marlena's living will which complicates things
  • The preview about Gabi / JJ / Abby / Chad basically is that Abby is the victim and JJ will be torn cause he loves his sister and cares about Gabi. Gabi also tries to get Chad to divorce Abby. 
  • Brady overhears Will telling Sonny he loves [Sonny]. Brady confronts Will about "his selfishness" when Will tells him that he's reconciling with Sonny which makes Will pause. Lucas and Will have a heart to heart while Paul is in surgery in which Lucas tells Will it's never a good decision in the end to stay with someone out of pity and to pursue his own happiness. Will feels torn over admitting his remembered love for Sonny to Paul with Paul's condition and is unsure what to say or do.
  • Hope is determined to run Ben out of town and her methods to do so make Rafe question her about her behavior & if it will be all for nothing (ME: LOLOLOLOL)
  • Sami is on a quest to find EJ while Eric is on a quest to find Nicole now that he knows what happened with Brady 
Edited by Chick2Chic
addition... addition!
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Chick2Chic said:

Brady overhears Will telling Sonny he loves [Sonny]. Brady confronts Will about "his selfishness" when Will tells him that he's reconciling with Sonny which makes Will pause. Lucas and Will have a heart to heart while Paul is in surgery in which Lucas tells Will it's never a good decision in the end to stay with someone out of pity and to pursue his own happiness. Will feels torn over admitting his remembered love for Sonny to Paul with Paul's condition and is unsure what to say or do.

Maybe this will play different on-screen, but: this makes it sound like Will's love for Paul has, poof, completely evaporated.  That's not how that works.  Sure, he got his memories back of loving Sonny, but he didn't lose the memories of having fallen in love with Paul the last few months.  Wouldn't it be more interesting if he was torn about that instead of just feeling pity for Paul?

On the other hand, Brady is the last person on Earth who should be giving someone grief about being selfish, particularly in the romance department.

• Love 8
45 minutes ago, Mama No Life said:

Living will? How long is Marlena gonna be down for the count?

Marlena's going to be in a coma. This is Sherry's influence. She wrote the original Marlena in a coma story that led to the first Jarlena wedding. Ron is doing it the reverse..

• Love 3

Not trying to disparage Judi Evans in any way, but I'd say both Adrienne and Bonnie are well past the childbearing stage. How the hell would Lucas even buy that?

Oops, right. This is a show that had Doc knocked up at 60 or whatever. Still, it's so very ridiculous.

• Love 3
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Marlena's going to be in a coma.

And the difference between Marlena in a coma and Marlena awake is ????......

Edited by boes
  • Love 12

Ahh yes - RoboMar.

I've this feeling of dread that Belle's entire storyline is going to be wrapped around being pissed with Sami, probably because Ron wanted wanted Carrie back but couldn't get her.

Marlena's going to be in a coma. This is Sherry's influence. She wrote the original Marlena in a coma story that led to the first Jarlena wedding. Ron is doing it the reverse..

It's nice to have my hunch confirmed, but I was thinking of it as a reversal of the way Marlena stood by John after Theresa boinked him on the head. Her entire storyline for 3 months was sitting by his bedside hoping for a miracle. Now it's John's turn.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Ahh yes - RoboMar.

I've this feeling of dread that Belle's entire storyline is going to be wrapped around being pissed with Sami, probably because Ron wanted wanted Carrie back but couldn't get her.

It's nice to have my hunch confirmed, but I was thinking of it as a reversal of the way Marlena stood by John after Theresa boinked him on the head. Her entire storyline for 3 months was sitting by his bedside hoping for a miracle. Now it's John's turn.

Ron with Sherry has been redoing the 1986 story of John and Marlena.  We even had Marlena's kids wishing her a speedy recovery as she was wheeled into the operating room. The last time we had Carrie imploring Marlena to wake up from her coma.  Christy Clark as a kid,was amazing in that story, she was such a natural talent, but, I digress.This time Marlena was shot accidently, the last time she fell from a building trying to help a suicidal kid from killing himself. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ron with Sherry has been redoing the 1986 story of John and Marlena.  We even had Marlena's kids wishing her a speedy recovery as she was wheeled into the operating room.

This kind of "characters plead with their mom/kid/husband to survive surgery/wake up from their coma/not leave them" thing is typical soap, I dunno if you can say it's a redo of another story.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

This kind of "characters plead with their mom/kid/husband to survive surgery/wake up from their coma/not leave them" thing is typical soap, I dunno if you can say it's a redo of another story.

Ron  and Sherry realize how important John and Marlena are to the show and are giving them a classic  story that pays tribute to their history and showcases their amazing love story that began in 1986.  That is what I meant with my post above. It was not a dig at Ron..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
On 8/28/2018 at 3:19 PM, Apprentice79 said:

I think that Will will stay with him out of pity and guilt. Wilson will pine for each other and have an affair.

According to spoilers, Gabi will go really dark. She will scheme and gaslight Abigail into thinking that her alters are back, in order to get her committed.

Just now, bobcat1946 said:

I just wish Gabi would not bother with that loon.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3
On 8/28/2018 at 8:35 PM, TeeVee329 said:

Maybe this will play different on-screen, but: this makes it sound like Will's love for Paul has, poof, completely evaporated.  That's not how that works.  Sure, he got his memories back of loving Sonny, but he didn't lose the memories of having fallen in love with Paul the last few months.  Wouldn't it be more interesting if he was torn about that instead of just feeling pity for Paul?

On the other hand, Brady is the last person on Earth who should be giving someone grief about being selfish, particularly in the romance department.

Especially since Brady’s take is undoubtedly more a result of his dislike for his cousin, than his love for his brother. And given what he did to Nicole and his own brother Eric, he really should, STFU.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Happytobehere said:

Especially since Brady’s take is undoubtedly more a result of his dislike for his cousin, than his love for his brother. And given what he did to Nicole and his own brother Eric, he really should, STFU.

Brady is insufferable when he is self-righteous..

• Love 7
3 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Yes, as soon as Brady opens his mouth, lightning should strike him.

• Love 9

Week of September 10:

Monday September 10:

Paul comes to a horrifying realization.

Tuesday September 11:

Bonnie pressures Lucas to help ensure her freedom.

Sheila (played by T-Boz) reappears.

Wednesday September 12:

Jennifer puts Eve on notice.

Thursday September 13:

Ben surprises Ciara with a very special gift.

Friday September 14:

Marlena’s loved ones gather to say their emotional goodbyes.

Ben makes a stunning accusation against Hope.

• Love 2

Jennifer puts Eve on notice.

Here for it, Jennifer putting the screws to Eve is my favorite Jennifer.

On ‎9‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 3:10 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Likewise. Sheila and Bonnie back is nice too.

I'm excited for Bon-Bon, but her being back means we're not far off from the Fath.  SHUT UP GIGI.

• Love 4

I'm going to be so PISSED OFF if they kill Paul just to give one of his organs to a dying Marlena. It's such an over-done story to start with, plus it's a crappy way to write Paul off. Just let him leave town after breaking up with Will. That way the character could be revisited someday if they want to recast him. But I have a sick feeling the organ transplant crap is coming soon.

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Garnett7 said:

I'm going to be so PISSED OFF if they kill Paul just to give one of his organs to a dying Marlena. It's such an over-done story to start with, plus it's a crappy way to write Paul off. Just let him leave town after breaking up with Will. That way the character could be revisited someday if they want to recast him. But I have a sick feeling the organ transplant crap is coming soon.

If they do go with this, then they better transplant his doublemint twin whiter-than-white teeth as well.  That way his "two mints in one!" super brights will live on as well.

For me, Sparkle has been one, long ad for teeth whitening.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Garnett7 said:

So Days may try to wrench the tears a la GH and BJ/Maxie so long ago? Good luck. Didn't it do the same scenario when poor Zach/Zack died, too? GH is utter shit now - and Ron Carlivati didn't help - but that story is forever heartbreaking. And every story that tries/tried to copy it always seems lacking, to me. Even the subpar actors (looking at you, Kristina Wagner and Jaclyn Zeman!) brought their A-game, and I'm not sure that can be said here.

• Love 4

Paul will probably go join Theo in whatever facility he's in out of the country. Christoper Sean posted on IG showing his first audition for Days and a shot of his last day on the show. People speculated that in the 2nd shot he appeared to be in a wheelchair. You can kind of see a handle behind him if you look close enough.

• Love 2

Brady needs to mind his own business. He is related to Sonny, Will and Paul.  Plus, his treatment of his older brother Eric was atrocious. I remember him saying that Eric's pain over getting his heart broken by Nicole would give him great pleasure. He needs to take several seats.. Brady needs to be rested for a while. I need the character to go..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
53 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Something about Sonny in this picture is so irritating to me:

The annoying boo boo kitty face, the cowering behind Will, but yet still clinging on to him, GAH!

Sonny is not cowering behind Will.  It looks like he’s holding him back.  Which he really shouldn’t be doing.  He should let Will go off on Brady and then maybe he can get a kick in or two.  That tweet is saying that Brady should throw a punch?  No, no.  Someone needs to kick Brady in the face.

• Love 4
20 minutes ago, superdeluxe said:

Sonny is not cowering behind Will.  It looks like he’s holding him back.

*shrug* That's not how it looks to me.

My guess is that this picture goes with the spoiler about Brady catching Will and Sonny in an intimate moment, which, if Will has not broken up with Paul yet, is pretty shitty and Brady does have cause to say something.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

*shrug* That's not how it looks to me.

My guess is that this picture goes with the spoiler about Brady catching Will and Sonny in an intimate moment, which, if Will has not broken up with Paul yet, is pretty shitty and Brady does have cause to say something.

Agree to disagree on that.  Unless Brady catches them doing it on his bed at the Salem Inn, he needs to shut up and walk away.

Salem's not big enough for TWO Julies.

Though, come to think of it, it just might be worth it if Brady does the chastizing while wearing one of Julie's caftans, with the dulcet tones of Doug's ukelele wafting in the background.......

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I dunno, creating a narrative of "Poor Will and Sonny, they want to be together, but Brady's a big meanie!" isn't going to make me root for them, but I never really rooted for them in the first place lol.  But on the other hand, again, Brady, glasses houses, etc.  I wouldn't mind Will or Sonny throwing his romantic foibles back in his face in response.

14 minutes ago, boes said:

Though, come to think of it, it just might be worth it if Brady does the chastizing while wearing one of Julie's caftans, with the dulcet tones of Doug's ukelele wafting in the background.......

We can agree on Brady in a caftan.  Do it, Ron!

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Update - according to the one of the mags, Will and Sonny are sharing a good-bye kiss (I guess because Will is going to stand by an injured Paul, very classic soap) and get spotted by Brady AND stupid Eve.

Oh boy......even if Brady keeps his mouth shut no way Eve doesn't get a bullhorn and star announcing it like the town crier.

Edited by boes
speelink
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Watch Eve get all mushy about Brady standing by his brother, never mind how hard Eve went after her own sister.  Ugh, Eve.

I think that's what is killing me about Brady's treatment of Will--Brady is almost wetting himself in his trying to protect Paul from being hurt by a painful break up yet he and Eve were beyond callous to Theresa--I will never get past that, especially knowing Theresa was an abuse victim.

And I truly hope Will tells Brady off--the picture looks like they're in the park, so Will and Sonny are off by themselves and Brady still feels the need to yell at them for hurting Paul--Brady needs to mind his own business, especially with his treatment of Eric and Nicole hanging over his head.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7

Paul is sure to leave Salem alive, I think they did like Chris enough to not kill off the character. 

Or they have plans for a recast, as if that'll be so easy...

My concern though is that they're going to have him leave and not be fully aware of what's going on between Will and Sonny and therefore have them all stay in limbo while he's offscreen, which, IMO, would be terribly pointless and beyond boring. 

As for the picture of Brady confronting them in the park, I will say for myself if they are going to keep sneaking around to be with each other in secret while trying to keep Paul from knowing the truth then they need to get blasted by everyone around them, because then they're just being cowards. 

Own up to the truth and face whatever comes next as grownups. 

Paul is not going to be in danger of dying finding out that they have reconciled and want to try again, so they have no business treating him like a weakling who needs to be coddled and protected. 

If anything Paul is of the sort of temperament that makes him one of the better people to breakup with.

He'd be hurt but then would probably still just tell them that he loves them both and hopes that they will be happy together and raise their daughter and then he'll scoot off into the horizon for some indefinite period of time, heading who knows where. 

I'm actually going to bet on Paul's exit having something to do with ISA business. 

• Love 4

A random musing - I wonder how much, if any, we'll get of Paul's POV about being paralyzed, confined to a wheelchair, whatever's going to happen with his injuries.  I mean, that'd be an adjustment for anyone, but as a former professional athlete, I would think that loss of ability would hit Paul even harder.  And Ron did a pretty good job on OLTL writing for Matthew when he was paralyzed.  I dunno, it'd just be nice to expand it out beyond the plot point keeping Will and Sonny apart.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 10