Type keyword(s) to search

Season 5 Discussion

Drogo
  • Start Topic

3 hours ago, Granny58 said:

Did you catch the look on Annie's face though in the beginning of the show when David Poor was saying they had a great day?  Her face was just dead.  

The visit to the sex shop in Hollywood was fascinating.  I mean, here's a woman who worked as a prostitute in Thailand and she's acting as though she's embarrassed by all displays of phallic symbols and that such things would be prohibited in Thailand. All BS.  Virginal Evelyn would be embarrassed, but Annie is right at home in the sex shop. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 12
53 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Libby's father is a complete dick. A complete dick who is apparently stuck in the 50's. The 1850's. He's offended that Andrei didn't ask for his daughter's hand?? And this whole Victorian notion that a gentleman should be "established", in a profession, have a steady, comfortable income (preferably from inheritance, I guess?), and be a solid 10 or 12 years older than his bride? I applaud Andrei for not shoving that golf club up Papa Libby's ample ass.

It's almost as if Father Libby has never heard of couples starting out with very little, but growing and building together.

Libby's family are controlling, but I'm gonna need Libby to act like she's 27 and not 6. Cancel the damned bachelorette party if you can't count on your sisters to respect your wishes - or tell Andrei you really do want the throw of party your sisters propose and deal with the fallout. Get a full time job independent from daddy. Put people in check when they get out of line. Instead, she's all too willing to benefit from the spoils of dad's money and will put the blame on her sisters for the party while table dancing. She also needs to learn when to zip it. If you don't want to choose between your family and your man, stop telling them everything minimally negative that the other is saying. Grow up and stop creating conflict for attention.

• Love 17
6 hours ago, Cherpumple said:

And if Chris is insisting on bankrolling his existence, wouldn't it make more sense for Chris to give Dave a job in one of his many "business interests" in Louisville, rather than the endless handouts? Their whole relationship is so strange.

Mabye Chris thinks David Poor will do more harm to him as an employee (like bankrupting his business, or causing lawsuits against him) than he would simply mooching off of him.   

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, AnnaL said:

How about the sister? can you give your mom a hand?

I'm gonna say this about their family dynamic - they OFTEN show Olivia doing things with the Kensly that make me think she mothers that child a lot.  She's the one that lifted the kid up to show here the ice cream flavors and the women mixing at the parlor. Earlier in the season she was the one that was holding her hand on the escalator at the airport. I'm willing to be that until Luis got there she was the one watching her during summer break. And I think even her snarky comments about Luis stepping it up when the kid spilled her ice cream seemed like a sarcastic dig AT MOLLY, and likely the kind of things she hears when she doesn't jump up to mother her little sister. It's just the kind of vibe I get. In other news, I was watching reruns of Molly's previous show and they showed Olivia a time or two -  she literally had the exact same "I cannot believe this shit is happening" look of her face at 12ish that she has now at 17ish.

• Love 21

I guess I’m in the minority because I’m not a Nicki fan.  I find her to be a stealth bitch.  I think she has every reason to be upset, but not at David at her own husband.  I don’t like any of them, including Antonio.  I get the feeling Chris and Nicki wanted David and Annie to come to LA so that they (and Antonio) could get their camera time.  I can’t feel any sympathy for her.  I liked the quirky fire station apartment.  I think it has lots of potential, but I’m not sure David and Annie appreciate it or will fulfill any potential in the apartment or in life. 

Andrei is the man!  I loved how he handled her dad.  That man is a complete jackass.  He manipulates everyone with money and expects them to bow and scrape to him.  I really hate that whole asking the father for her hand thing.  It feels like women are being treated as property.  Libby is old enough to decide if she wants to marry or not.  No need to ask dad.  Andrei and Libby were cute and playful together.  I also loved that they were having a somewhat low key wedding.  I think Andrei would be fine with the courthouse, but Libby would not, so they compromised and found something doable.  I think it will be a lovely wedding, but I’m sure her sisters and father will turn their noses up and say nasty things because it’s not at the country club.  They are awful!

I had a little bit of sympathy for Evelyn last night.  I understand David not wanting to discuss intimate details on camera, but seriously, they made their virginity into the storyline.  He could have discussed superficial details.  I worry that if Evelyn wants a satisfying sex life, David will shame her for it. 

Nicole and Azan continue to be a train wreck.  She continues to throw blame on him for her abuse.  Did you notice that during the horrible scene she yelled that he didn’t do what she wanted, so now she would fight with him in public??  She is so nasty.  I loved him and his aunt together.  She has such a nice smile.  Her story was interesting along with the fact that the foreigner she married respected her culture and tried to fit in.  That will never happen with Nicole.  Also, I noticed that when Nicole and Azan were talking about trying to not fight, Azan was the one who brought up the fact that it would be better for May.  He does seem to care about the kid, at least more than Nicole does.  I do wonder about the child screaming at night.  I’ve raised two kids and that just seems odd at May’s age. 

• Love 16
1 hour ago, shockermolar said:

I thought this might be the case too, especially when all the camera angles went low and he kept asking for a break. But dude agreed to be on a show about marriage - sex was bound to come up at some point given that the "draw" of their story is their purity.

Because I want to watch and enjoy "Reality" TV: That scene got so tense so quickly. FrigiDavid's reaction was so bizarre, there must be something in his past that is really messing him up!

But because I know this is all manufactured bullshit: That scene was SO incredibly fake, IMHO...or at the very least, it was reenacted and the producers had them amp up the fakety-fake drama. I hate to go all Lone Gunmen on y'all, but I rewatched the moment where David walks out...a few times, in slow-mo, and the edit is just wonky. David is opening the door, then they cut to another angle and his body is at a different lean and there was just no reason for that edit. And, as someone who's worked in audio for over 25 years -- I can usually hear a frankenbite a mile away -- that "I'm sorry" from Evil-yn was dropped in from a TH or voiceover. Her mouth doesn't move for the words, so I'm guessing why they had to cover with the sloppy video edit. All that crap later where the crew is supposedly pretending not to film them...that was some wanna-be Blair Witch kinda bullshit. Like E and D wouldn't notice the cameras were still pointed at them, just at crotch level. Riiiight.

The only time the editing has been worse was the fake mugging on BT90D. There was a very visible video edit and Kuh-reeny's cries did not match her face at all. And don't get me started on the "police" tactics on that scene, but I'm digressing way OT.

I don't know whether to accept or be pissed off at Sharp (and almost all these show factories) for treating us like drooling idiots. I want to believe that these storylines could support themselves without all the monkeys in the editing bay.

Edited by Trackdawg
"With" and "without" = different
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Drogo said:

If David were looking forward to sex whatsoever, he'd be trying harder to get on his soon-to-be-wife's good side.

Yes, and he would have initiated the sex talk with her, at least privately, because he would want to make sure she has a great experience.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Boofish said:

Evelyn dressed as Bill Cosby while discussing sex with her mother is the type of television that should be getting awards.

She really does think she is the queen of vintage, doesn't she? I can't believe that David Spain acted so nuts at the thought of S-E-X. The wedding night should be a blast!

Azan, Nicole will never, ever, ever change. She will promise change, oh yes, but actual change? Never going to happen, buddy. She is an abusive person who will ruin your life! 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, merylinkid said:

That said, Annie needs to accept reality.   Get that work permit ASAP and go hustle even if its at McDonald's.   Get something going.

I don't think a job was in Annie's plan. She thought she would live in the lap of U.S. luxury, just like ALL Americans do! *snort* Big houses! Nice cars! Lots of money!

I want to know what exactly the  requirements for sponsoring are ? Because if it doesn't work out with David Poor,  and all Chris is required to do is the bare minimum, who's to say he won't offer Annie the same old firehouse dump or something even worse, and an old broken down beater to drive around in plus a few dollars for groceries? If Annie thinks she is going to be supported with 5 star treatment, she has a rude awakening alright. 

• Love 9

Mabye Chris thinks David Poor will do more harm to him as an employee (like bankrupting his business, or causing lawsuits against him) than he would simply mooching off of him.   

I don't get it either?  The first thing I thought about when I saw the abandoned firehouse was rental storage.  My mom is an antique dealer/hoarder with 12 (atleast?) smaller storage units at $125 apiece and they could put atleast 100 of those in all that space?

• Love 4
14 hours ago, ALittleShelfish said:

And for only $19/month, she IS supporting a poor Dominican child.  I think I hear Sarah McLaughlan screaming off set "DAMMIT MOLLY, THAT'S NOT HOW THIS WORKS, THAT'S NOT HOW ANY OF THIS WORKS." 

(how many commercials could I mash up in one thought?  as many as i could, thank you)

And I hear Sarah yelling: "Evil-yn! Bitch, stop trying to sound like me! Your sheltered prima donna ass can't sing for shit and you're attracting horny goats wherever you perform. Go take a voice lesson...followed by 500 more." 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Pepper Mostly said:

"I'm so hungry, baby! Can you make me something?" complete with supplicating puppy dog eyes. Gag. There's your future, Molly. I can't believe she falls for it. "Oh baby, you so beautiful, I love you!" and she's instantly reduced to a giggling, bridling sap. I

This is DEFINITELY how Latin men charm their WAGs.  Husband Arwen is definitely fetching.  I’d show people his photo, and I’d joke, “Now you can see exactly why the little shit always gets whatever he wants!”  I then clarify that he doesn’t really act like a brat,  because he doesn’t.  He’s never asked me to cook him something. 

Molly, quit whining about how Luis doesn’t tell you what’s in Dominican cooking. Bitch, please...get online to find a recipe and go shopping in the Goya section of  your supermarket.  Plantains are easy to cook, too. Luis had all his cooking done by Mami and Abuela, so he’s probably clueless on how to boil water.  He’s not going to be able to tell you what’s even in the food, much less how to cook it.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
Tablet got stuck.
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, bichonblitz said:

I don't think a job was in Annie's plan. She thought she would live in the lap of U.S. luxury, just like ALL Americans do! *snort* Big houses! Nice cars! Lots of money!

We've heard other fiances with these ideas.  I don't understand why the American partner doesn't set them straight.  I think Annie can have a better quality of life here, but she should have been told that she would not be living large.  

Ok, I understand why Josh didn't tell Aika.  He was saying ANYTHING to get her in his clutches: 2 carat diamond, porsche, reverse vasectomy.  Whatever it takes to get the hot cheerleader.  I feel sorry for her because I don't see her having the child she so desperately wants.  If she does, Josh is going to resent the hell out of any time the child takes Aika from him.  Not a recipe for happiness.

• Love 6
Just now, Arwen Evenstar said:

Molly, quit whining about how Luis doesn’t tell you what’s in Dominican cooking. 

Cue the talking head: "I still don't know what's in the spices!" Molly shrills in her Bobby Hill voice. I don't understand why she couldn't order up a cook book, or ya know, find something on the internet. 

• Love 6
Just now, EastCoast4Life said:

Cue the talking head: "I still don't know what's in the spices!" Molly shrills in her Bobby Hill voice. I don't understand why she couldn't order up a cook book, or ya know, find something on the internet. 

...or call Luis's mother...or have him ask his mother...or push him in front of a moving train. You know...any one of those things.

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, Indy USAF said:

I want to know what exactly the  requirements for sponsoring are

Its nothing basically.  One internet friend from Oklahoma made $35k/year and got approved and she brought a teenage son as well.

Thanks, I should have worded that differently.  What I really want to know is what is the sponsor required to provide? I'm sure not what Annie has in mind...

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

This is DEFINITELY how Latin men charm their WAGs

Hee! And not just them! A young Dominican-American friend of mine, (who, granted, is very handsome and charismatic) once went through the drive through at McDonald's on his motorcycle. The young woman working the window was getting pretty salty about it--until he took off his helmet, shook out his black, curly hair, turned those melty brown eyes on her, and flashed his sweet smile. Suddenly she was a flirty, friendly little vamp. (a female friend of his who was on the back of the bike told me this story. I just rolled my eyes.) I've got a million stories like this about him.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Thanks, I should have worded that differently.  What I really want to know is what is the sponsor required to provide? I'm sure not what Annie has in mind...

No, it was my fault.  I know a guy that lost his job unexpectedly during the K-1 process so he needed a sponsor.  Its my understanding that the sponsor has to help out until they get their green card.  If the marriage falls apart after that, etc. then all they're obligated to do is to help them get home.  I don't know where they came up with a 10 yr commitment?  That's definitely not the case!

1 hour ago, AmyBre said:

Los Angeles is a city in California, which is one of nine "community property" states.   Nikki is fighting for her money.   Chris might have been the one with the money, but maybe she was the brains behind it.   Or maybe she's the one with the wealth, and Chris is the one out there buying properties with her money and multiplying it.    Either way, it's 50% Nikki's money and she's right for fighting for it.   Nikki sees the writing on the wall with David Poor and Annie and she knows how it's going to end.   

Nikki and Chris have only been married for about 6 months and Chris had most this stuff prior to their marriage.

But yes, income earned while married is equally both of theirs.

14 hours ago, Neurochick said:

Maybe David Spain felt uncomfortable talking about sex on camera.

OK, but he's going on a reality marriage show about getting married and he and his fiancé lead with: WE'RE BOTH VIRGINS.

It seems likely that sex will come up. He should have written an elevator speech and rehearsed it to sound semi-normal.

• Love 8
14 hours ago, CoachWristletJen said:

David has some sexual dysfunction. He can't even talk about it?

That's really weird.

What's he going to do on the wedding night?

Then he starts shaming Evelyn for talking about something that's perfectly natural?

What a dick.

He wants a young girl that he can shame and control.

Maybe he was molested..bc he doesn't get giggly about sex; he gets mad. Beyond mad.

14 hours ago, HappyDancex2 said:

What's odd is Libby's face doesn't match her body.  She is not telegenic at all.   She has a double chin and looks quite heavy from the neck up but her body is quite thin.  IRL she might look like a rail!

I'm over Azan and Nicole as well.   They are unsuitable and miserable.  If they continue then they deserve each other.

When she and Andrei met, she was slimmer and looked so much better. She has gained weight in that time since and much of it went right to her face.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Yes, and he would have initiated the sex talk with her, at least privately, because he would want to make sure she has a great experience.  

Maybe he doesn't want to discuss his sex life and inexperience on national TV. That may likely have been a good part of it and TLC showed at least crew people in the background. I cannot blame him.

• Love 6
13 hours ago, Lemons said:

It’s been bugging me , that little girl looks so familiar, now I see it. I think Tracy Morgan is her father! 

That had to be a set up. The 6 year old spilled her ice cream in her crotch and the mother and sister look expectedly at Luis like, well?  You gonna clean that up?   Really!?!?

he ignores them, so they scream at him, something about being a father. What the?  

If he rushed to clean it there would be people,calling him all sorts of names. He can’t win. 

And I think in his beginner language he was trying to say something about in his country if a six year old spills something on herself, she would take the napkin in her hand and wipe herself off. 

Not more comments about kensley's crotch :(

That was her lap. not crotch.

But yes, she does look just like Tracy Morgan! But that's not her father.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, EastCoast4Life said:

I’m married to a Puerto Rican and he traveled to the DR with his parents a few times.  The islands aren’t that far away from one another, but he says the foods are quite different.  Rice, beans, viandas (root vegetables) , plantains are pretty much staples of Latin American cuisine, but seasoning does vary, as well as regional preference for certain types of beans.  And there’s other various delicacies of the DR I’m not familiar with at all.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, merylinkid said:

I just want to clear something up - Annie might have said "he has to support me for 10 years" but the Financial Affidavit is only if the person would be on government assistance otherwise.    In other words, if Annie can get off her ass and get a job, Chris doesn't have to give her one thin dime.   

That said, Annie needs to accept reality.   Get that work permit ASAP and go hustle even if its at McDonald's.   Get something going.   She might not realize she can earn money in the US in other ways that she is used to.   But hopefully someone will clue her in.   She can work and support herself and dump David Poor the second the conditions are removed from her green card.   

Why would she? She's hardly the self-made woman type...

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Pondlass1 said:

My opinion of Annie has dropped.  She came across as entitled.  Can she not work, then?  She has more chance of finding employment than that fat unhealthy  lump she's with. The Chris/David friendship is odd and a tad suspicious, but Annie should be grateful for the free home.  

Annie has several marketable skills. For example, she can do nails and give massages. She has other marketable skills that I can't discuss here that are discussed in the David and Annie Spoiler thread. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

My take on this is different. I think David went scouting for someone who he hoped would have the same aversion to sex that he has. 18 year old fundementatlist virgin would ahve seemed to to tick all the right boxes. I understand not wanting to talk about sex on camera, but his reaction was so intense and reeked of fear and revulsion. He has been able to handle every other confrontation calmly and with cool calculation. Straight up dysfunction junction when it comes to the sex talk. David sounds frigid to me. If his parents are super conservative, they may be very strict Catholics and that means sex only for procreation. Evelyn better master that rhythm method and brush up on her embroidery skills so she can embellish the hole in the sacred sheet of passion that David will insist on.  She seems to have a healthy appetite for sex, something David was not banking on. I almost feel sorry for her and the vortex of awkward disappointment that will be her wedding night. But see, this is why we can't have nice things. Do your research and get to know someone before pledging your entire future to them. 

Evelyn is not a fundamentalist. One can figure that out the instant they open her IG account. And Evelyn was never taught sex was shameful...her mother never said anything like that. Catholics aren't sexually repressed.

• Love 8

I laughed at the tv when

David Baht had to walk up the stairs with luggage

I screamed at the tv:

"Jumped up Holy Old Jesus, Evelyn do you wear underwear NOW? The training bra that came in the box in the 84 Sears & Roebuck Wish Book? What?"

If David is a 27 year old virgin who doesn't want to discuss sex on TV I get it. If he is a 27 year old virgin who doesn't want to discuss sex EVER, then show me more now you have my attention! That level of repression and dysfunction is why I tune in! :-) 

Edited by Alonzo Mosely FBI
  • Love 11
7 hours ago, KateHearts said:

And while Nikki is certainly articulate and understands how the world works, I noticed she uses the word "hisself" a bit too much.

And she said "jury" for jewelry.  My closed captioning actually said "jury."  LOL. 

Oops shockermolar beat me to it! 

Edited by Teddybear
read before posting :)
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, LisaWl7TR said:

Have only read half the comments here and just now watching. I apologize if this has been discussed-

What was mother Elvilyn doing with her hand on Evilyns leg and pants scrunched slighly up doing the sitting on bed sex talk? 

Why? What did you make of it?

• Love 2
14 hours ago, PityFree said:

Why is Elizabeth wasting any money at all with a formal wedding? she just go to the justice of the peace with Andrei and save money for a big wedding in a year.

Because Elizabeth's oxygen is doing things for attention. IDK maybe because she is the youngest and had to, to get any attention in the crowd.  She plays her sisters against her fiance, her fiance against her sisters, her father is a nut job, her lipstick is like Roxanne put on the red light  alone, says Andrrrrrrrrrrrrrrei, had to go out of the country to find a man who would shake up the family enough for her needs, etc. She is an interesting study. And such a dud. 

• Love 9
3 hours ago, sconstant said:

I am super not going to read anything into the ice cream shop scene because if you mute it and put it in black and white and put the dialog on title cards with some piano music, it would be indistinguishable from a bad silent movie, with terribly obvious plotting and bad acting.  

(A HAPPY DAY AT THE ICE CREAM SHOP)

(EVERYONE LOVES ICE CREAM)

(OH NO - A LITTLE ICE CREAM IS ON HER SKIRT)

(MOM WILL DAB AT THAT AND PLEAD FOR HELP FROM SNIDELY STEPFATHER) 

(OH FORSOOTH!  THE ENTIRE ICE CREAM HAS SPILLED!)

(SNIDELY, YOU ARE A DASTARDLY STEPFATHER FOR NOT PROVIDING A NAPKIN.)

I felt like Luis was like "seriously, TLC?  not playing on this one" and not like it was about his step-parenting.

That being said, seriously, Luis, go home.

This is so funny!

The frantic piano playing that changes tempo after the introduction of each title card. LOL

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Annie has several marketable skills. For example, she can do nails and give massages. She has other marketable skills that I can't discuss here that are discussed in the David and Annie Spoiler thread. 

I think Annie is tired, depressed and homesick at this point in her journey from tonights' episode. That weird apartment was the straw that broke her. She's lonesome. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, balisticnikki said:
4 hours ago, Chickabiddy said:

My take on this is different. I think David went scouting for someone who he hoped would have the same aversion to sex that he has. 18 year old fundementatlist virgin would ahve seemed to to tick all the right boxes. I understand not wanting to talk about sex on camera, but his reaction was so intense and reeked of fear and revulsion. He has been able to handle every other confrontation calmly and with cool calculation. Straight up dysfunction junction when it comes to the sex talk. David sounds frigid to me. If his parents are super conservative, they may be very strict Catholics and that means sex only for procreation. Evelyn better master that rhythm method and brush up on her embroidery skills so she can embellish the hole in the sacred sheet of passion that David will insist on.  She seems to have a healthy appetite for sex, something David was not banking on. I almost feel sorry for her and the vortex of awkward disappointment that will be her wedding night. But see, this is why we can't have nice things. Do your research and get to know someone before pledging your entire future to them. 

Evelyn is not a fundamentalist. One can figure that out the instant they open her IG account. And Evelyn was never taught sex was shameful...her mother never said anything like that. Catholics aren't sexually repressed

Yeah, see, I didn't say that though, did I? A review of my post above in bold says, a very strict Catholic. I even elaborated further in a follow up post that of course not ALL Catholics are like this. As someone who was raised Catholic and remains a practicing Catholic today, I know of what I speak. I have over 40 years in across an array of dioceses on two continents. And I am always careful in all my posts not to paint any group with one broad brushstroke.  But this a moot point, and we can all move on because a quick visit to the David and Evelyn thread is very edifying on the subject of religion.

Whatever David thought about her IG account or did or not did not hear her mother, David certainly got a package he was not prepared for.. Whatever was clear to you or me was obviously not so clear to David. And thank Jesus for that because that is where are the delicious DRAMA comes from.

Edited by Chickabiddy
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Dear me, where to begin? I'm glad we did not have a "drink every time you hear the word 'lingerie'" game last night, because we'd all be suffering with crippling hangovers, or dead of alcohol poisoning.

What is up with little May? Why is she waking screaming in the middle of the night? That's not normal.

I too wondered how she planned to get a horse and carriage to the top of a snowy mountain. Does she understand how snow works? How mountains work?

I'm glad we did not have to drink after every "like."  I would have been in an alcohol coma after the first 10 minutes of the show.

May wakes up screaming in the night because Nicole is her mom. Hell, I would scream all night too if she were my mom.

Libby is clueless about snow.  She lives in Tampa. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, shockermolar said:

As I may have mentioned a few times, I watch 90DF with my teenage sons. My 19 yo said the same thing - and added, "it's like he has enormous, manspreading-level, testicles or something."

LOL

It looked to me like his knees were stiff and he was running almost stiff-legged.

@sconstant, snidely stepfather!  LOLs...Molly is no Pearl Pureheart.

Where the heck did she find Luis? He’s not good looking (though looks aren’t everything), he’s gross, vulgar, lazy, mean to her kids., and his endgame is obvious   It’s easy to see what he sees in Sugar Mama Molly, but what she sees in him is a mystery for the ages.

The previews show her throwing her engagement ring at him and telling him to get out of her house.  It would quite possibly be the most sensible thing anyone with such a problematic fiancé has ever done in the history of this franchise.  But, we need lots of drama for the last couple of episodes.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, shockermolar said:

As I may have mentioned a few times, I watch 90DF with my teenage sons. My 19 yo said the same thing - and added, "it's like he has enormous, manspreading-level, testicles or something."

I just wanna thank your 19 year old for the out loud guffaw I just had here at work for that!

Also I just cannot get my head around the desperation of some of these people to get married, belong to somebody, even if that somebody is the worst body you could pick for yourself. I'm boggled, perplexed and vexed.

I spend most of my time yelling at the tv to Nicole to leave Morocco. Get back on a plane and go home. He does not want you!

Luis, well, there is just something about him that literally makes my stomach turn. I cannot put a finger on it but he completely skeeves me out.

Edited by Lady Iris
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Bryce Lynch said:

This for sure.  We buy up properties and business opportunities as well and I can't see a situation where I could rely on David in any capacity.  He isn't qualified to run anything business related and he's not fit enough to do any of the labor work.  He can't manage people or a crew, he can't be a crew member....he needs a very basic job with supervision that I can't provide.   What was his original job again?

• Love 6
16 hours ago, eggsnbacon said:

Elizabeths family is highly controlling. The Dad is mostly upset he wasn't asked for her hand in marriage & he wasn't considered first, its really the only thing he cares about when it comes to his daughter. He isn't really even thinking about his daughter. The sisters trying to get her to lie and also want her to as they want her to do. She needs to get some counseling and slowly get away from her families influence. 

If she finds the courage, she’ll move out of state. Her dad is a bit of a narcissist and her sisters are awful. I’m rooting for them to break free of Family Elizabeth. Andrrrrei sees right through the bullshit and I think Elizabeth may be catching on. 

• Love 7

Evelyn dresses like Sue Heck.  I truly believe that Evelyn has no idea about contraception or conception.  Lingerie does not always equate to sex, sometimes it just makes you feel good to wear it for yourself.

Oh Annie what have you hitched your wagon to?  Chris sends you and Bahtman off to Kentucky to live in a defunct fire house in the middle of nowhere, no tv, no friends and no money...this looks pretty bleak.  Sadly, Nikki painted a horrible picture of Kentucky for Annie, Louisville is a big city that gets national attention every year due to the Kentucky Derby.  

David and Annie walked in an unlocked door because Chris said he would leave the door unlocked...Chris was no where near there...Does David even have a key to the fire house?  It sort of looks like they are squating.

Aika demanding a child within 3 to 6 months?  Don't make her wait a year? Did she not hear Josh say he had a vasectomy?  Does she think it is like a circuit breaker, the doctor just flips a switch and the baby batter starts flowing?  Does Aika really want kids or this a fake story line?  How common is it to have a vasectomy in your twenties?  I would think the doctor would advise against it so young.

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • Love 11
20 minutes ago, Desert Rat said:

Libby is clueless about snow.  She lives in Tampa. 

Just an hour or so from Orlando, which is good, because I think her wedding ideas are pretty much the Ice Castle scene from Frozen (subbing in Let Him Stay for Let It Go).  

• Love 10

Luis is the perfect bartender in a tourist hotel in the DR.  He can flirt, tell women they're beautiful and that he wants to marry them.  Good tips, and even maybe some hookups.

That Molly took a flirtation for a lifelong commitment is INSANE. As someone said upthread, he's happy to have running water and electricity 24/7 and she touches his wee-wee.

I did think his laughing/cry at the strip club was somewhat amusing.

Evelyn and David- you do not have a relationship.  You are not ready for marriage.  This is the typical wedding fantasy with interchangeable groom.  She is in for a world of disappointment. 

Azan and Nicole- you do not have a relationship.  You are not ready for marriage.

Josh and Aika- you do not have a relationship.  You are not ready for marriage.

• Love 17