Type keyword(s) to search

GH History Lessons: Because History is Always Repeating Itself

• Start Topic

(edited)

Yeah but back in early 2012, way before the lawsuit, when Robin died they never once referenced Leora. They mentioned her losing her baby with Duke thanks to Olivia Jerome, but never once Leora

. And if her time on AMC wasn't erased, then when exactly did she have time to mentor Sloane & McBain, because didnt she show up on AMC with no memory?

Edited by Tiger

This may have been addressed when Anna first came back in 2006, or when Ron brought her back in 2012, but has her entire stint and everything that happened to her on AMC been erased, and effectively replaced by her having spent years working as the WSB-liaison to the FBI where she mentored both McBain and Sloane?

They did mention she was married to David Hayward.  But they've made no mention of Leora.

The training was supposed to have happened prior to the boat explosion in 1992.  But it really makes no sense at all.  It's all just ... whenever ... and reasons. 

Just imagine Ron tweeting:  Do you REALLY want me to get out a calendar?  Is THAT what you want to see?

And then blocking you.

• Love 2

Yeah but back in early 2012, way before the lawsuit, when Robin died they never once referenced Leora. They mentioned her losing her baby with Duke thanks to Olivia Jerome, but never once Leora

Almost no one has mentioned Leora on any soap since the day she died, so I don't find that very unusual. And for GH's purposes during the Jerome return story, only the baby with Duke was relevant to their plot interests.

As for when she found the time, there is no specific point in mind and it doesn't really matter, IMO. (I put it after she left Pine Valley, myself.) But it's soap time, it allows for countless offscreen interludes.

TL;DR - there is nothing to suggest Anna on AMC is out of continuity.

• Love 2

Scott loses Dominique, 1993. The part where she actually dies is quite possibly the highlight of Kin Shriner's acting career. WHY DID DOM HAVE TO DIE? :'(

• Love 1

THat story never fails to make me cry no matter how many times I watched it.Actually there was a scene on port charles where lucy made scott watch the video the video Dominquie left serena and it was obvious he wasn't over Dominquies death despite the recton about him pining for laura all those years.Also it was annoying when Bobbie claimed that he wouldn't arrest serena because she was his daughter with lucy.THe problem with that is that it always been obvious that Serena was his fav because she was his kid with dominquie.

And then he carries her back inside the hospital. UGH I'm GONE. *sob* 

That was one of the last times I actually liked Lucy, heh.   And I loved Scott in this storyline.  But why, oh why, did they paint the hospital that god-awful Pepto-Bismol pink in the early 90s???  Nearly takes me right out of the scene ...

TL;DR - there is nothing to suggest Anna on AMC is out of continuity.

Does Anna still have a doppelgänger / twin named Alex, then?  Can I pretend Alex is the one being all weepy with Sloan, and real Anna is off protecting Robin in a safe house with Robert somewhere, LOL?   

• Love 1
Does Anna still have a doppelgänger / twin named Alex, then?  Can I pretend Alex is the one being all weepy with Sloan, and real Anna is off protecting Robin in a safe house with Robert somewhere, LOL?

I could get behind that.  Alex is pretending to be Anna so none of the bad guys realize she's out of town hiding Robin.  I'd take it. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I could get behind that.  Alex is pretending to be Anna so none of the bad guys realize she's out of town hiding Robin.  I'd take it. 

This would be awesome so it's definitely not possible ;) 

Edited by Box305
  • Love 2

I believe that last canon mention of Alex was on the online AMC, when Dmitri came back having divorced her. It was a throwaway mention at best, so she could be anywhere doing anything.

• Love 3
(edited)

Since he just came back and it might be good to see some Tracy when she's actually sensitive and nice*, here she is giving birth to Dillon in 1992. The actual birth occurs in part 2:

*Well, not right away. She yells at Jenny Eckert first. ;)

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1

Liz gave birth to Aiden at GH. I think that was the last time.

Wasn't he promptly kidnapped by the Serial Killer after that?  I've blocked out a lot of Franco garbage, but I swear I remember that happening. 

• Love 1

Wasn't he promptly kidnapped by the Serial Killer after that?  I've blocked out a lot of Franco garbage, but I swear I remember that happening. 

Yes, KerleyQ, he certainly was. I can't remember the name that his wacko mother gave him.

IIRC, Finola hated the Alex character and her whole storyline. I'd actually be up for another (short) evil twin story there if Alex came back scheming and evil.

IIRC, Finola hated the Alex character and her whole storyline.

Interesting.  Because the connection to Anna/Anna's return from the dead was only dreamed up because Alex herself was a dud, right?

I did like Dmitri acknowledging Alex's existence on online AMC.

(edited)

IIRC, AMC toyed with the idea of having Alex either be related to Anna from the time she was debuted in 1999 (two years before Anna even turned up alive at all), just by giving her the last name Devane, or even having Alex turn out to be Anna. I remember Alex being popular enough for Fin to be nominated twice for two Daytime Emmys (back when they still meant something), solely for playing Alex (although she was later nominated for playing both Alex and Anna), so I think the character had some popularity on its own. Maybe her pairings weren't so popular, so that might have hurt the character quite a bit. 

Edited by UYI
(edited)

I believe the original plan for Alex was for her to be Anna, which was a terrible idea IMO. Then the network vetoed it.

I don't recall Alex ever being popular at all in her own right, and I watched that whole mess for Finola. She was well-loved, but the character was milquetoast and her insane, convoluted backstory (their evil Spy Mom brainwashed Alex to pose as Anna) made no sense and was hated by the audience. I think what fans liked was the actress, and her chemistry with Michael Nader, which is what led to them saving his job for awhile to come back and re-pair Dimitri and Alex. But there was still no character there, and Finola clearly knew it. After Nader fucked up with his drug charges and got fired, there was no point to having NuDimitri or Alex around, and Anna was now back and very popular, so that salvaged Finola's run on AMC - and off Alex and Faux Dimitri went to Budapest.

I did like AMC 2.0 acknowledging what became of Alex, but beyond that, unless she shows up to scheme against Anna with Obrecht (because why not?) I have no interest.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 2
(edited)

All I remember about Alex was the beginning - Dmitri was "dead" and Alex was his mysterious widow who Edmund was suspicious of and Erica was bitchy to.

If the AMC rights were still in play, I could absolutely see Ron doing something with Alex. 

Edited by TeeVee329
(edited)

okay, this spoiler/rumor about

DILLON helping Lulu in the search for Lucky

is still miffing me off, so I've decided to post some old clips:

I love the way Lucky says, "where you are you going?" in the beginning. And the way they tease Lulu. So cute! So natural

Alexis talks to them about how she thinks Ethan (who is he? don't worry about it) attacked Kristina, and at one point she's like, well, he is Luke's son, and both Dante and Lucky get offended at the notion that that means Ethan must be abusive, and they keep shooting each other these "yeah, she has a point/hmm what do you think" glances throughout the whole thing

This clip is nothing big, I just like the way Dante grabs his shoulders and says, "well, I'll have you to help me look through all these files!" and Lucky cringes lol

Dante helps Lucky resist the urge to take pills. Also I like the Lulu/Tracy parts because Lulu was in a snit about Dante lying about Lucky's drug use and Tracy was all, did he drink too much? Did he gamble? Did he cheat? Oh noes he lied to protect your brother! Get over it! And bonus points for calling Olivia a fool, even though I like her. And extra bonus points for telling Lulu she should cling to Dante like a lamprey cause he is THE BEST EVER  you know a decent catch. 

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 7
(edited)

That sent me down the youtube rabbit hole.

Whenever I post my favorite Lulu/Dante scene I usually post the scene where he gets the glass out of her hand because overall it's better, and this clip is kinda that-scene lite, but I do love it because it shows Dante and Lulu in what looks like one of the comfiest embraces ever to occur on General Hospital (at 2:56 minutes in).

And just posting this clip that occurs right afterwards because it is a fine example of some major Michael ueber douchery at about 1 minute in. No no Michael, go ahead, just BURST ON IN and don't even apologize or say "sorry to interrupt" or ANYTHING. He pretty much acted this way for that entire year, just little acts of entitlement and assiness one after another, until Ron came in and rehabilitated him again. But it's why I will probably always think of him as a bit of an ass.

Edited by ulkis
  • Love 2

a cheesy poem Thorsten Kaye's character on OLTL wrote.

It's actually a very famous poem by William Butler Yeats. His character taught poetry and that one was his favorite. 

(edited)

Carly/AJ were my OTP. Just when I think I'm over it, there is a reminder that Carly/ AJ had fantastic chemistry 15 years later with a recast and RC not only threw it away for the rancid chem-free Carly/Franco pairing - he killed off AJ for Ava.

Edited by Oracle42
  • Love 5
(edited)

what was the status of the Triple L Diner when Luke and Laura came back to town?

They'd simply abandoned it.  When the they left, the lights were on, the door was open and their friend was dead in the truck burning out front.

Edited by LegalParrot81

I’m continuing to watch the Spencer/Cassadine eps from 1996 & 1997 even though they are getting increasingly ridiculous. There seemed like absolutely zero reason for Luke and Laura to pretend to be split up and then to pretend Laura died. After people started finding out- L&L really sound delusional, going on and on about the Cassadines. Also that is beyond unforgivable to do that to your son.

So I’ve never liked Luke, but now Laura also seems ridiculous and unlikable, running around crying and weeping trying to tell everyone they have to understand….she had to pretend to be dead because- Cassadines! I really enjoyed watching Bobbie ream her out.

So I’m pretty much team Cassadine all the way, truly do not understand the appeal of L&L (Eden and Cruz are so much better as a super couple!) SB and GH are really the only soaps I’ve watched.

How old is Nikolas supposed to be? I thought like a teenager but not sure, also at this point, I think December or January of 96/97 he’s clearly a full grown man.

I’m also watching some eps from 1993…Karen and Jagger, and the Quartermaines. It’s the first I’ve seen of the Quartermaines, pretty entertaining, though I don’t like Lilah. Tracey is entertaining. AJs face is so perfect it's weird and hard to look at.

Will probably watch some eps from the 80s at some point.

I couldn't watch the Dominique/Scotty storyline, not into straight tragedies. 

(edited)

So I’ve never liked Luke, but now Laura also seems ridiculous and unlikable, running around crying and weeping trying to tell everyone they have to understand….she had to pretend to be dead because- Cassadines! I really enjoyed watching Bobbie ream her out.

It was a Guza or Cuilliton's (can't remember which) bad ploy they used to get Genie out for maternity leave when she had her daughter.

Edited by LegalParrot81
(edited)

AFAIK, Culliton was the one who cocked up the end of Guza's Cassadine SL. Guza himself had gone back to Sunset Beach, which he'd helped to create and stayed for the duration of his deal there until he was free at the end of '97.

Richard Culliton is not untalented and his truncated run at AMC was, IMO, the last really good one it had on TV. But he was not right for GH.

Edited by jsbt
  • Love 3

I’m continuing to watch the Spencer/Cassadine eps from 1996 & 1997 even though they are getting increasingly ridiculous. There seemed like absolutely zero reason for Luke and Laura to pretend to be split up and then to pretend Laura died. After people started finding out- L&L really sound delusional, going on and on about the Cassadines. Also that is beyond unforgivable to do that to your son.

So I’m pretty much team Cassadine all the way, truly do not understand the appeal of L&L (Eden and Cruz are so much better as a super couple!) SB and GH are really the only soaps I’ve watched.

How old is Nikolas supposed to be? I thought like a teenager but not sure, also at this point, I think December or January of 96/97 he’s clearly a full grown man.

I’m also watching some eps from 1993…Karen and Jagger, and the Quartermaines. It’s the first I’ve seen of the Quartermaines, pretty entertaining, though I don’t like Lilah. Tracey is entertaining. AJs face is so perfect it's weird and hard to look at.

Will probably watch some eps from the 80s at some point.

I couldn't watch the Dominique/Scotty storyline, not into straight tragedies.

Nikolas was 16, although obviously Tyler was older - he turned 24 in Nov 1996. The story gets dumber until Nikolas' shooting in Dec '97. There is a ridiculous story in summer 1997 where Nikolas decides he wants to attend public high school.

(edited)

I liked Culltons on Port Charles cant remeber what year though.

I've been watching stuff from 1988 and 1990 the dialogue back then was so good.Characters made mistakes but they was flawed.I'm watching the Bobbie buys lucas on the black market right now.Good stuff plus theres an umbrella story with the Jerome diamonds which involves Lucy/Scotty/Tracy/Ashton.THe baby lucas story lasts for over a year but its realy good frisco and Felicia get involved too as Bobbie finds out that Cheryl is really lucas's mother and keeps quiet while frisco will eventually find out too and helps Bobbie when the truth comes out Robert will pry Lucas out of Bobbieshands and hand him to Cheryl and Robert will suspend Frisco.Oh the days of characters suffering conquences.

Edited by Harmony233
(edited)

It's funny to think that Richard Culliton actually created Liz, which is probably the most notable thing about his tenure--and one that wouldn't have ever happened had Becky never auditioned for Sarah first. TPTB didn't think she was right for Sarah, but they liked her so much that they called her up later on to tell her that they created the role of Liz just for her. 

ETA: Okay, I'm wrong. According to Wikipedia, apparently two other writers, Janet Iacobuzio and Chris Whitesell (THAT Chris Whitesell) created Liz. Wasn't that during Culliton's tenure, though? Because otherwise it probably still is the most notable thing about his time on the show. 

ETA again: Looked up the GH crew on Wikipedia, and nope, Culliton's tenure was from October 1996-May 1997 with Karen Harris; JI and CW were HWs from May 1997-December 5th, 1997, with Guza taking over after that. But Culliton DID create Alexis, so he does get credit for that, at least. 

Edited by UYI
  • Love 1